I am in the falling action of "Catching Fire" by Suzannne Collins. In the falling action Katniss is in the area with 13 other victors and so far Katniss has done a really good job of protecting Peter. But there is only one small problem that Katniss can't avoid.....how to kill everyone but Peter? And that is what the Capital want Katniss to do. Overall I think the Capital is trying to let Katniss know that they are not to be made fun of.
Heart beat by Sharon creech. This book still seizes to continue to amaze and surprise me especially with all the baby rumors and what not. Now instead of an alien pumpkin baby it's a real baby and it acts just like Annie when she was inside her mother. I still don't under stand why the art teacher is Making the students keep a record every day of their apple. After max joins the track team and calls Annie names and says he's faster then her, she is really considering about joining the team especially after talking to grandpa and him telling her about how exciting and fun it was. He's says it's not about winning or losing it's about having fun. Grandpa use to run all the time before his wife past away. This book really keeps you on your toes
I am reading The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. This story is about people that are struggling with Cancer. There are two main characters in this story, Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters. Chapter ten takes place in Amsterdam. The reason they go to Amsterdam is to visit an author to find out the ending to the book that she read. Hazel and Augustus are boyfriend and girlfriend. Hazel has Leukemia and Augustus has Osteosarcoma which is a bone cancer in his leg. Both characters are dealing with the fact that they both may die at a young age. Augustus also has to deal with a prosthetic leg and Hazel has to carry around an oxygen tank. I am really enjoying this book.
I am reading Old Yeller by Fred Gipson. In Chapter 5, I’m reading about the characters, Travis, and his little brother , Arliss . Arliss is a 5 year old that is in love with Yeller, a stray dog. Yeller was eating the meat that Travis killed and hung to dry. Travis was ready to kill that old dog, but he grew to love him too. Arliss was pitching a fit to Travis ,so Travis had to give in. Both characters are very different because Travis is trying to be responsible and help his mom after his dad left, and Arliss is a little wild and obnoxious. He loves the outdoors.
I am reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman. So right now Mia thinks she’s an actual ghost that can walk through walls. When she walks into the wall she realizes that she isn't a ghost; well at least not that kind. Adam invited Mia to one of his concerts as well. While at his concert she saw many different kinds of people. Some pretty, some have their hair colored un-natural colors, and others looking mean. After the concert they went to Mia’s house for some food. Adam and Mia’s dad went to play basketball while dinner is being made. Still nobody knows if Teddy is okay or if he’s in critical condition.
A Wrinkle in Time blog 3 One of the characters that I’m reading about is Meg. She is a very strong headed girl. Meg is very self-conscious about herself due to her peers at school. At school ,Meg is not understood due to the fact that her two older brothers are very smart and she is not. I don’t understand why people are mean to her and her brother, Charles. Like one day she was walking home from school and one of the people at school called her brother dumb baby brother. So she ran up to him and tried to hit him, but she came home with a black eye. I would go run to a guy and hit him for saying that, but I would go talk with him first then decide if I should . I think that Meg should not be so mean to others even if they are mean to her or her brother.
I am reading If I Stay by: Gayle Forman So, right now Mia, the main character, is in a coma and her dad died on the table during surgery. The setting takes place in a hospital. The whole family is there in the waiting room. Mia has not heard anyone talking about Teddy, her brother ,so she assumes he is fine and is getting treated at the other hospital. Kim and Adam still are not allowed to see Mia, which she does not like because she wants Adam, the other main character and her boyfriend, to see her. Back to her memories her and Adam’s relationship is not going too great, they got in a really bad argument and in my opinion he’s a jerk because he left her again. Adam was mad because Mia did not tell him she got an audition at Julliard. She did not think it was that important to tell him, just in case she did not make it in. He came back for her and they got back together. Everything was good with them now. Mia’s grandpa took her to her audition for Julliard and she did an amazing job. Back at the hospital when Adam and Kim tried to get past security to see Mia, they ran into Willow who is a family friend that works at the hospital where Teddy was at. They got news that Teddy did not make it. It’s sad because now Mia has no family.
I am reading Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. That night Hugo, the main character, saw the man with his book and he went to go get it back, but the old man refused. The old man said he was going to burn his book when he got home, near the graveyard. Hugo followed him to his home, and he slammed the door in Hugo’s face. Later that night, Hugo saw the girl, don’t know her name yet, from the toy booth, and he asked her to get her grandfather to not burn his book. She said that Papa Georges, the old man that owns the toy booth, wasn’t her grandfather, and Hugo was a thief so she wasn’t going to help him. Both of them started to fight, and then the girl realized that Hugo wasn’t a thief, but Hugo never wanted to tell her. He didn’t trust her enough. Hugo ran from the girl while she was trying to set things straight with him, but he ignored her and kept running until he came back to his secret room, behind the walls in the the tunnel of the train station. In the room, he found a mannequin thing full of clock gears. He remembered his father worked in a clock shop. So he thought if his father was a clock person, Hugo might make things like him, possibly an inventor.
I’m reading Enders game by Orson Scott card, Ender Wiggins the main character has know boarded his ship to go the battle school training center where he is going to train to be a officer or commander in his fleet. When he got on the ship and sat down some of the other kids who went to the training started to bug him and they didn’t stop so he( they are on a space ship and there’s zero gravity) unbuckled one of the kids belts and he slammed into the wall and the kids arm broke so the kids stopped bothering him for the rest of the trip and to even respect they let him get off last and they let him get in front of the line for food 9 ( they haven’t eaten for 20 hours because they were in a spaceship and the launch is pretty bad they even one would of thrown up) but ender didn’t even want to be feared he just wanted to kid the stop hitting him in the back off his head. so they had landed and know he’s at the training school and general Graff the guys who recruited him and this other general ( I don’t know his name yet) said that he is the one that will end the word with these things called the buggers. ( 227 words)
Yesterday, I read two chapters of the "Outbreak" by Robert Tine, and it started to be a good book.The three main characters, Daniels, Salt (an amateur in training), and Casey had a deadly adventure in Africa. All the Africans had a Ebola virus, except for Dr. Iwabi who was an old, wise, African man. My favorite part of the two chapters I read was when Salt was bleeding from his ears, eyes, his mouth, and even his nipples. After that he vomited yellow green bile that got on his glass helmet. Daniels and Robby ( his ex-wife) were fighting over who gets to keep the two dogs because she was leaving him for divorce. Even though Daniels still wanted the dogs, he lets her have the dogs, then she left.
This week I read until Chapter 25 of the book, “Found” by Margret Peterson Haddix. The kids learn that Jonah and Chip are some of the kids from plane that held 36 babies. I knew that that had something to do with the main character. The kids then met Angela and then they were attacked by someone. I kind of thought something happened was going to happen. After the attack, Jonah went back. Jonah then saw Angela disappear. I think that Angela is from the past and she time traveled to that point in time. When they kids got back home, all of the witness and survivor papers were gone. I knew this was going to happen at some point. Either they would delete it or someone would have deleted it.
I am reading I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. John Smith, the main character, is developing his legacies and they were exposed in school. Several students saw his hands glow. I want to know how the kids will react to the sight is his glowing hands. If they confront him about it, how will John answer? Will they expose his to the press? If so that could lead the Mogadorians to them. Also, I just found out that when John and his keeper left Lorein, they were given many jewels, golden items, and precious metals to sell once the arrived on Earth. His keeper put the money in an overseas account, and there is enough money for 10 lifetimes. Could they use that money to keep the witnesses of John's legacies quiet? This book keeps me intrigued and interested.
The Fault in our Stars by John Green.(Chapter 5) Hazel loves this book called An Imperial Affliction by Peter Van Houten. Her feelings about this book is that it had a terrible ending. It just cut off and left you hanging. I do not like when books cut you off like that in the end. And also not knowing what happened to the characters in the story. She sent the author a letter to see if he was coming out with another book to the previous book. She got very angry when he replied and told her that he was not making another book. Also Hazel visited her friend Isaac in the hospital from her support group. She visited him to see how his eyes were doing because they had bandages on them. So in this chapter I like that Hazel went to visit her buddy from her support group to see how he was doing. I also like that she wrote to the author to see if he was writing another book.
I am reading I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. John, the main character has developed his legacies and was exposed in school. His glowing hands are triggered by anxiety and nervousness. When he fought the jock of the school, his hands began to glow brightly. There were several witnesses. How will they react? If they confront John, how will he respond? Will the witnesses leak to the press? If so that could help the Mogadorians find him. Also, I found out that when John and his keeper left Lorein, they were given diamond, jewels, and precious metals to sell once they were on Earth. John's keeper put all of the money in an overseas account. They have enough money for ten lifetimes! If needed, will they use that money to keep the witnesses quiet? This book keeps me interested and intrigued.
I am reading The Fault in our Stars by John Green. In chapter four, Hazel goes over to Augustus’ house to hang out. When she gets there, Isaac from support group is there and he and Augustus are playing video games. Isaac is really upset because his girlfriend just broke up with him because he was getting his remaining eye removed because of his eye cancer and she “couldn’t handle it”. Isaac then begins smashing Augustus’ things. I thought that this part of the story was really sad because Isaac knew he was going to have his last eye removed and he was going through heartbreak at the same time. I have started to notice that the main theme in this book is really appreciating life while you can. I am interested to see what happens to Isaac after his surgery.(141 words) Erica Kozmic 1B
Currently I am reading 2nd Chance by James Patterson. So far a lot has happened in the book. I think that the shooter was very intent in doing this act. I think the killer had a very good plan of escaping cause they are having trouble finding some clues. I thought that the detectives are struggling to figure out what happened. . I think that the shooter is involved with a gang or group. I think the way they describe the different positions it was a small chance to shoot the girl. I think the neighbors saw the truck the guy left in.
I am still reading Dead end in Norvelt by Jack Gantos I have now read up to chapter 10. At this point the obsession of Mrs. Volker and the original settlers of Norvelt has been taken to light. Mrs. Volker made the main character Jack break into one of the original settler’s house dressed as the grim reaper and see if she was still alive. Why is Mrs. Volker so obsessed with out-living the other settlers and writing their obituaries? She also has a rivalry with the leader of the Norvelt Association for the Public Good Mr. Spizz and wants to out-live him the most out of anyone else. Why does she hold so much hatred for Mr. Spizz I am interested to find out more.
In the book The Throne of Fire, there are two magicians named Carter and Sadie Kane. They are being helped by the two Egyptian Gods Hours and Isis. My favorite part is when Carter meets a gryphon, tames it, and then names it Freak. I also love how Rick Riordan(the author) makes it interesting by adding a lot of action. For an example, Carter searches for the girl he likes Zia, but then he almost gets captured. Another one of my favorite parts is when Sadie meets a god named Bes. Bes the Dwarf God who is really short. But the thing that makes him interesting is the fact that he is very humorous. You should read a lot of Rick Riordan if you like mythology. (126 words) - Sydni Simpson
In Eragon this week, he and Brom sparred a lot with their swords and learned some new magic. While on the road Eragon spoke with Brom about what the sea was like because they were going to go visit Brom’s old friend in a city called Teirm. Teirm is on the sea and is a large sailing city. The city is one of the only ones that have not been attacked by the Urgals but have had strange ship disappearances. Brom’s old friend Joed is a merchant and owns many of these disappearing ships. Eragon and Brom are currently asking Joed about a mysterious magical flask that they found that was from one of Eragon’s uncle’s killers.
Igraine wants to be twelve so badly. She dreams of becoming a famous knight. She is still bored with nothing adventure going on. Then an unexpected guess come by. It was the nefarious nephew of the baroness-next-door neighbor. The lions roared, but it didn't sound that way. It sounded like something was stuck in there throat. After a while now, Igraine's wish had come true. There is an adventure now. Greedy Osmund's has and idea of capturing the castle and stealing the magic books from the parents. Making things worse, mom and dad accidentally turned them selves into pigs. Igraine had to find he way to get enough courage to get her mom and dad back as as well, save the books. The end
I am continuing to read the book "Inner Circle" by Kate Brian. The book is becoming more interesting. The characters are developing now as I'm in the 10th chapter currently. As of right now Reed the protagonist of the story has come back to her boarding school as a junior. Last year it was a horrible year as alot of drama happened. Due to the drama new rules have been put in place, so some people don't like it and some people do. These new rules are creating tension between the protagonist and the antagonist. The protagonist is Reed the main character. I think that I've figured out the antagonist of the story, and her name is Cheyenne. Cheyenne doesn't really like Reed because she likes Reed's boyfriend, and she is upset that she can no longer determine who gets to board in the Billings dormitory. I feel that there has been some conflict which is mostly relationship conflicts. There has been conflict with the protagonist (Reed) and the antagonist (Cheyenne) because Cheyenne wants the school to be back how it was before this year, but Reed likes the new changes. I'm excited to find out more of the book and how the outcome of the two girls and the school will end. I have a few questions about Sabine ( a freshman at Easton Academy who is boarding with Reed). I'm wondering what role she is going to play in the book, whether she's a primary or secondary character. I hope to find out soon.
I have continued to read "A Heart Divided" by Kathleen Morgan. I have found so many sentences that I can relate to, or understand. One sentence being, "Start thinking about you and Danny, not other peoples lives you can't control."(Morgan, 101). This is a very strong sentence because I know people who do this exact same thing. Even I do this. I think it means we need to worry about our own lives, and not everyone else's. People have their own responsibilities, and so do we. Therefor we should worry about us, and people around us instead of people who couldn't care less of your opinion. I think that this book does a really good job of adding things in the reader can relate to. It's nice to read a book that you can understand, rather then sitting there not understanding a word that's been wrote. It has also given me a new outlook on things. It's amazing how reading this one sentence has given me a whole new view on who, or what I worry about.
The book that I am reading is The Silver Chair by C. S. Lewis. I have only read the first chapter of the book, and I can tell that it’s going to be a swell book. I have learned of two characters, Eustace and Jill. Eustace is the protagonist. Eustace was in the last book of The Chronicle of Narnia series. The biggest question I have for the book is: What is the Silver Chair that is in the title? The book is really slow at the moment since I am in the exposition and not in the rising action of the book.
Recently in the book that I'm reading, called "Just another Hero" by Sharon Draper. After the incident with the bullying Arielle wondered if she had handled the situation properly, or could she of reported it to the principal, but it might of embarrassed Osrick even more. My question is who is she to narc on someone cause she knew she wasn't any better than the haters who picked on him, its funny to me how that is because some kids do that in real life too but it can change.
I am currently reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. The main character is Katniss and she is going through so many conflicts in her life right now. I like how she always refers to her flashbacks at random points of the story reminding you of stuff you don’t know about her. The only thing that confuses me or that I don’t like is when she refers to her dad’s death. I feel bad for her especially with her being the one to support her family since he did die. I also don’t like how Suzanne Collins has given us any updates about how things are back home with Prim and her mom. I wonder how things are for Gale and his family. Is everyone getting fed the food they need to survive or are they barley getting fed at all? I haven’t come across the across the theme yet but I have come across some smaller themes. I think one minor theme is to always be aware of you surround yourself with. I believe that theme will be one throughout the story.
The Maze Runner Author: James Dashner In the last blog, I finished it with Minho entering Glade. Minho and Alby decide to go out on a journey to see that the Griever is dead. When they are returning, Thomas disobeys the rules of Glade and enters the maze to help Minho as he carries Alby. They don’t make it back in time and the gates of Glade close. Minho explains that the Grievor was simply ‘playing dead’ , and stung Alby before running off. Before Thomas can think, Minho runs off to hide in the maze. So, Thomas hides Alby in vines on the wall and runs the other way when a Griever appears. Soon, Minho and Thomas are both running from many Grievers. Suddenly, Minho and Thomas reached the Cliff, as Minho called it, and tricked the Grievers into falling off the edge by dodging out of the way when the Grievers hurdled themselves forward. They survived the whole night by dodging the Grievers and running until morning came. They went back to Glade and took Alby from his hiding spot and put him in the Glade to begin the Changing. Why did the Griever ‘play dead’ ? Where did the Grievers go that fell off the Cliff?
I am still reading, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I am almost at the climax, but still in the rising action. The characters in this summary are Isaac, Hazel, and Augustus, and Isaac’s girlfriend .Isaac was making out with his girlfriend at support group which is at the church(setting)because the last thing he wanted to see before his eye surgery, where he would be permanently blind, would be her. The day after he had the surgery, his girlfriend broke up with him because she didn’t want to date a blind person. The conflict is between Isaac and his ex-girlfriend. Augustus and Hazel helped him through the breakup and I thought that was nice. The next day, they did the funniest prank to help Gus. They egged his ex-girlfriend’s house. It was funny because he threw the eggs in the wrong direction for a while. Then, the girl’s mom came out of the house to find a blind guy, a girl with an oxygen tank, and a one legged guy egging her house. There is another conflict between Isaac’s ex-girlfriend’s mom and Isaac, Hazel, and Augustus. She felt bad for them and let them continue to egg their house. I loved that part! It was amazing how these cancer survivors come together and egg a house. Even though they are about to die, they live to the fullest. I can’t wait to get to the climax. The theme for this summary is what goes around comes back around. (250 words)
Im reading the Death Cure by James Dashner. In the book the Gladers have completed the Scorch and have been offered their memories back. Im wondering if the main character Thomas and his friends Minho and Newt will take their memories back or not. Im also wondering what their memories will be like if they do get them back. Will they have memories of them with WICKED? Or will they really know what their parents and family were like? I've also found out that Newt is not immune to the Flare, a disease that slowly eats at the brain, taking away memories and slowly makes you go insane. I think that he'll get "gone" as they say meaning he goes completely insane. I hate how they had him with them even though he wasn't immune, because now they might lose him to the Flare. They also aren't in trials anymore, so I think anything can happen and I honestly don't think they are going to let WICKED do anything to them if unless they know exactly what it will do.
My book is The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. The last chapter had me on the edge of the seat wondering what was going to go on next. They had recently fought against a big bull person that was trying to kill Percy because he’s a half-blood. They were traveling to the safe zone called Camp Half-Blood. This place was where all the half-bloods would be safe. Here they talked about who their parents were and if they were gods or not. What I thought about this chapter was that it didn’t have much enthusiasm it was mostly talking about how Percy’s alive. So I thought this chapter was a bit boring but I have found out a couple knew things that also kept me reading. Grover was a satyr. They meet people named Chiron, and Mr. D. I don’t have many thoughts about this chapter, but I think I know what might happen next. They will meet the other campers and see what group of gods he belongs too. (Going to leave you on the cliff and talk more in the next chapter)
I am reading the book Divergent by Veronica Roth. We know all the characters in the story, the main conflict and some of the rising action events. Tris is now in training to pass the tests to become an official member of Divergent. She didn’t start off to well but she is progressively getting better. Eventually I think that Tris will make it on the top of the ranking chart. Right now she is under the red line. If you are below the red line after training you cut .If you don’t make the cuts to get into Divergent you become faction less and then you will have to live on the street.
So far, I'm in the rising action of Wonder by R.J. Palacio. This book is about a fifth grader named August Pullman who was born with a facial deformity. Throughout the story, he tries to convince people at his new school, Breecher Prep, that he is just the same as them, despite his appearance. At first I didn't think August would like school, since he's only been home schooled his whole life and is very anxious about how kids at his school would treat him, but it was really happy knowing that even though he does have a deformity, he has many good friends with him like Summer and Jack Will. Although it's sad at first, I feel like August is overcoming his differences with the other students and is enjoying his first year at Breecher Prep a lot.
I'm currently reading The Giver by Lois Lowry, Jonas has been skipped from recieving his title and frankly I don't get it, I'm confused. As I kept reading I found out that jonas has been selected to be the Receiver and I really don't get what that is. Though the Chief Elder has told what it is, I still dont get it. Chief Elder told him that they, I dont know who they is though, are thankful that they, this the community, is not going to have another failure. I really want to know what happened to the person before who turned out the failure that was spoken of. Jonas caught a look at the Receiver and I can't help but wonder what he, the Receiver, looks like. I love the book so far and it keeps me on the edge, I love it. (144 words)
I am still reading Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff. I am getting very close to the end, and it keeps getting more and more touching. Hollis is still off with Josie in Steven’s summer house. They had to have a Christmas by themselves. It was very touching in a sad and happy way. Hollis went and got pine tree branches to decorate the house for their “Christmas”. Josie seemed so sad, because her sister, Beatrice, wasn’t there. Her emotions were described so thoroughly that I could feel Josie’s sadness. Pictures of Hollis Woods is a book full of many emotions. By Grace K. Ehlers
The House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros. In this chapter she is talking about her name and how she doesn’t like it and where she got her name from. Her name is Esperanza, which means hope in English and in Spanish it means sadness, waiting, it is like the number nine. Why does she refer to it as the number 9? I think her name is pretty cheerful and unique. “At school they say my name funny as if the syllables were made out of tin and hurt the roof of your mouth.” I don’t think that should make her dislike her name just because people can’t say it.
I am still reading The Exorcist by Peter William Blatty, and the book has really become more intense and twisted in an exciting and terrifying way. I am so glad I chose to read this book before watching the movie because I can really picture everything that goes on in this book as if I'm there, it's really exciting. So in the book, Regan has been twisting and turning in bed, swearing and displaying inhuman abilities, and doing unspeakable obscenities. This part of the book really had the hairs on my arms standing, the images the book put into my head really had me shocked, as if this were really happening. After taking several tests, the doctors decide it is time for Regan to see a psychiatrist. After that, a friend of Chris' dies after falling to his death down a flight of stairs, breaking his neck. The book is really starting to become dark and disturbing, and its really grips you and just pulls you in. I really have never enjoyed reading as much as I have while reading this book. It is really starting to become more apparent now that Regan is possessed, and I am really curious to see how her condition will continue.
I am still reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green and I am in the very beginning of the rising action.Colin and Hassan decide that the only solution to getting over the break of Colin had is through a road trip which I think is a pretty amazing idea! If that were me I'd definitely go on that road trip, like honestly who wouldn't? After they ask their parents for permission to go with a little trouble convincing them they eventually go and are off on the road on I-65 through Indianapolis. We start getting background on Colin's intelligence and he is like a prodigy as they call it which means he learns quickly and remembers things better than others from what I got from the story, not only that but we get the beginning of the beginning of when he first met a woman by the name of Katherine who would always ask him questions because of his high level of intelligence at a very young age. Then the actual beginning of him dating a girl named Katherine that was 8 and so was he. This is fairly interesting because honestly who would ever think that somebody would get a girlfriend or boyfriend at the age of 8! That's pretty odd if you ask me. The story is moving quickly but yet slow enough to give all the details you need. Honestly, Colin is a very interesting character to me.
I have read a little over a chapter in "Broken Lines" by James Hunt. I really like it so far but it jumped right into the story unlike most books. It's about when an EMT hits the earth and destroys everything electronic. The main character is a steel mill worker who dropped off his father at the hospital for a blood test the morning that it all happened. Later at lunch, the power went out everywhere in the city and no electronics were working including cars so he has to run around the hospital to find his father. It's a pretty short book but I think that it will also be a very good book.
So far I am still in the introduction process where they are beginning to tell about the characters that are going to be included in the story. I have moved away from Halt and Will and Lady Pauline and now I am at the Earl, we aren't given his specific name he is just the Earl. He has stopped being the treasurer and gone on one last raid to a big caravan town. I cannot wait to see how he is tied into the book and main story line.
I am still reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. So far there was a lady that can tell the future. She is a strange one. There was an old man too. Santiago was trying to find the treasure in Egypt. He had no idea where that was. He had to make a decision and see which one was better, keeping his flock or finding the treasure. Where he is at, he smelled goods. He was thinking where to find Egypt and the pyramids. People say he needs to read the Omen (he didn’t know what that was). Santiago was asking everybody about the gold. Nobody knew about it. They just told them to go to Egypt.
I feel bad for Liesel yet, I look up to her for being so strong. She's lost her brother and her mom gave her away due to her own needs which I find disappointing. I feel as if you bring a child into this world it's your duty to raise and watch over them until your days are over. I learned that Liesel was Lutheran (which I don't recall from the movie). Papa and Mama's relationship is funny yet, uncalled for. They agrue over anything and everything . It's quite annoying especially with all that's going on. They're constantly yelling and cursing at each other. This makes me wonder why they're still together. I know why many struggling couples stay together but, I would like to know their reason.
I am reading Fire by Kristin Cashore and I am on chapter 13. So far the story has been pretty slow and I would like if it would speed up and get to the good parts. However I am enjoying the plot of the story and wonder how the author came up with the story line. I envy the main character mostly because she is irresistible, as a result of her powers, and I honestly would love to have a ton of attention on myself 24/7. I also love that the main character isn't predictable and has a mind of her own.
I'm in the rising action still for the book Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. I've noticed that he used a different type of adjective to describe the setting. Paulsen used letters to describe a lake and ripples. Directly across the lake from it, at the inside corner of the 'L', was a mound of sticks and mud rising up out of the water..." (Paulsen 38). Another quote uses a letter talking about the water: "Then a small brown head popped to the surface of the water near the mound and began swimming off down the short leg of the 'L' leaving a 'V' of ripples behind..." (Paulsen 38). Paulsen also uses good imagery in the story. "But when he brought a cupped hand to his mouth and felt the cold lake water trickle past his cracked lips and over his tongue he could not stop." (Paulsen 42).
I am still reading Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. Since my last blog, the setting of the story is at the Command School. This is where all the best future soldiers and military leaders go to train. The main character Ender, is in command school. He is a better, smarter trainee than most of everyone else and this leads to many conflicts. One conflict is between Ender and his commander. I believe that Ender’s commander is jealous because Ender goes against his orders and has a better plan and this plan saves the team a loss.
I think the theme of the book based on what I have read so far, is overcoming big obstacles. I believe this because Ender has faced many obstacles and conflicts but has not given up. Each time Ender overcomes an obstacle; he seems to find himself facing a larger obstacle but also receives a reward. Some of the rewards he has been given are promotion to a high rank and a change to a better team. I cannot wait to see what Ender faces next.
I am still reading "The True Meaning of Smekday". This book is great and I am enjoying every word. It seems like every time I flip the page it gets more funny and interesting. I am at the part where J.Lo and Gratuity are flying to Florida together. Gratuity is driving but is still confused by the controls of her car. Instead of rolling like normal cars, J.Lo made it so it could fly. He also changed all of the controls of the car. I have lots of questions about it like: Why not just make the car roll? Where did J.Lo learn how to do all of these things? Why does he need a ride to Florida where all of the Humans are going? I am excited to continue reading and hope some of my predictions I have will come true.
I am reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Right now, the cast is on the legendary planet Magrathea. Part of the crew has been booby trapped (I wonder if they'll survive or not), while one of them has been lead by an old man, who tells that the Earth was formed by a planet-forming company and brought by white mice. I like the way the author twists things around when they talk about how white mice, while we were experimenting on them, were experimenting on us at the same time. I don't know where the story is going, but I would like to know more.
I am reading Fade by Lisa Mcmann. This book has an amazing and intense story line. The plot keeps you on the edge of your seat and keeps you very involved in the story. The plot is filled with twists and turns that make the mood even more intense. I can very much read the characters thoughts and i know what they are thinking and i know the situations that involve them and how they are going to approach it. Overall the main plot is very well thought out and very intriguing.
I'm in the climax, and catniss is in a tree and the group of people are all around her trying to kill her. I don't understand it though because I thought that PETA loved her an now he wants to kill her? So it is very confusing
I am still reading the book If i Stay, and it is a wonderful book! Where I left off was when everyone was visiting Mia in the ICU. Everyone comes to see her from cousins she never knew she had to her boyfriend and best friend. While her boyfirend is stitting next to her, she realizes how much he wants her to stay. While they are together Adam (her boyfriend) puts earbuds in her ear and plays her favorite song by her favorite artist. While listening she has a flash back to their first date where they went to watch that same artist perform. She suddenly starts feeling weird and then, she opens her eyes. She sees Adam leaning over mumbling "please stay" over and over again. Then Adam looks at her a gasps, He sreams " She is awake" and everyone come rushing in. After she wakes up and realizes what is going on she has to go to rehab for her legs, arms, and for her brain (because she got brain damage during the crash). She went on to going to a music school to play the cello and Adam and her driffted apart, they lost touch and in the next boook will be reunited. I am really happy for Mia that she chose to stay, but also sad that her and Adam lost touch. I thought they were and adorable couple.
I am in the rising action of "Cirque De Freak: Tunnels Of Blood" by Darren Shan. In the rising action Darren and Evra are looking for the killer who has killed 6 people drained out all of there blood. So Darren and Evra think that Mr. Crepsley is the killer. At first i did think that he was the killer and that he was blood hungry because he did not drink blood during the whole trip in the city. The way i feel of this book is that it is very fell of action and blood. During the night Darren and Evra started to follow Mr.Crepsley almost every night, but one night they were falling him Darren and Evra found the next person they thought he was going to kill but, in fact Mr.Crepsley was really trying to protect him from Murlough. Murlough is the new character in the book he is a Vampaneze. Murlogh is the real killer in the city that is why Mr.crepsley was trying to kill him.
I am reading Violets are Blue by James Patterson. I read chapters 14- 15 and in those two chapters Alex Cross and Jamilla Hughes and the rest of the FBI dug up the grave of Mary Alice Richardson to look at her corpse. Mary Alice was murdered a year and 3 months ago. She was hanging from a tree with bare feet, naked, and she had no blood. The only item on her body were her earrings and a sapphire in her belly button. They are looking at her corpse because her death was like the other one that just recently happened so they are going to compare the bodies and see if she was killed by the same person or people who killed the others.
In chapter 3 of City of Ember , Arlin walks into a creepy pipe. The characters in this chapter are very dramatic. Arlin is very brave to go into a creepy mysterious pipe. This chapter is very mysterious and shows how important family is to survival. Family is the most important because without it, there’s no hope. I love this story because, it fits my personality. This takes place in a mysterious land where no light can be found. The kind of place where would not want to be. The one goal is to get light back into the city. This is so epic!!
Im currently reading beautiful creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl. So in my first two post they explained on how it was not as fun to read to later in the book, well it happen it is good it got very good, he met the vampire girl and they almost died he saved her. This book is really good, what i like the most about it is the fact it gets intense at moments and boring at moments and it full of action, in chapter 9.04 yeah the chapters numbering is weird. When the girl was introduced in the middle it got kinda mean cause all the other kids picke: on her then started to pick on him cause he began to hang out with her instead of the "cool kids." I recommend this book to anyone.
I am reading Theodore Boone:The Accused by John Grisham. What i read today is that Theo now got his bike punctured and his window smashed. Plus the detectives got a search warrant for his house. My thoughts are that he will strike back maybe breaking a law or too if he has too as that would be what iw ould do in his situation. I also think that theo shouldn't have to pay for the tires if they get stabbed. The detectives shouldn't be pushing theo so hard since everybody knows he's innocent. I also still havent heard anything about Pete Duffy, but i hope that'll come in. Sorry for last minute, took a while to get home.
Today in Drive-By I read the rest of the first chapter. As before Tito, Mina, and Jimmy are still walking home. Tito has finally caught Mina, when they start walking back to Jimmy. Tito sees a cars tail lights he can’t really see what’s going on. The car starts to slow down and Jimmy froze, gun shot fired Jimmy falls to the ground. Tito thinks Jimmy is playing around, but he is hoping that Jimmy is going to pop up and say “stop being such a worry toad Tito and laughs”. Jimmy doesn’t pop up he stays still as a stone and lays there. So this all I read today and I think this book is beginning to be very interesting
A Wrinkle in Time- Madeline L’Engle Reading chapter three I understand the characters and story better. For example I realized Meg’s father is a bigger object than what I first thought, and I now think the time of this story is in the 1950’s for the mention of a character getting a type writer. I am beginning to accept Calvin as a character after been given more information about him, and for the first time I don’t see Meg as an unintelligent character, she just wants to do things her way and is confused when presented with new ideas. Finally I feel bad for Meg’s mother not having help raising four kids and working a job.
Hello Mrs. Watson, the book I am currently reading is Flawless by Sara Shepard. It is the second book in the Pretty Little Liars series. Sadly, this is the third book of mine that I have chosen for these blogs. Each time I have written that I am enjoying the book so far but each time I am disappointed or become bored. However, I follow along with the Pretty Little Liars show and so I am certain that this book is of my interest. The plot line of the books are nothing like the plot in the show. Where I am currently in Flawless, is the day of one of the main character’s funeral. The most important characters in this story are Ali, who is deceased but there are always many flashbacks to when she was alive, Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna. These five girls all used to be the best of friends and were all kind of “followers” of Ali because she was the rich, popular, rude girl in school. After Ali died, Spencer, Aria, Hannah, and Emily all split up and weren’t close anymore. It is only now in the book that they are all coming back together again because Ali’s funeral is bringing them back together. I am in love with the characters in this book and how Sara Shepard writes. I really feel like this book is fit for me because it is for teenagers and it has suspense, drama, humor, and love. Basically all of my favorite things in one book! I really am anxious to see what happens the day of Ali’s funeral because it is really important to all of the characters.
Sophie the hero is the name of the book I am starting and the author is Lara Bergen. Sophie was a hero and it is all people could talk about on the bus to school. She told the bus driver, and the kindergartner sitting behind her got a pat on the head for calling her a hero. The old Sophie would not have done that, but now she is the new and improved! Last year she came up with a different nickname, Sophie the Awesome, but she said it was too hard being awesome all the time. Now her and her friend, Ella were telling the bus driver how Sophie was a hero. All that she did was catch the Slinky's that Ella dropped, it wasn't heroic to the bus driver, but it was to Sophie and Ella.
I'm reading the book called The Giver by Lois Lowry the book is in a utopia. The protagonist is Jonas and he's only eleven years old. He is very anxious to know what job he would be assigned. The antagonist would be the council. The council will not let twins live if there born just one of the twins will be alive and the other on will be down. To become a family they have to apply to become a family and to have kids they will also have to apply. The people take these shots so they won’t fell anything and won’t see any colors. (107)
Hatchet Gary Paulson I have been reading Hatchet and Brian has seen the pilot of his flight die right in front of him and he needs to fly the plain. Hg is in shock so he sits there for a few minutes then he takes flight of the plain. I think that he will crash but he will still survive. This story is filled with suspense and also it is very scary to me because I want him to survive the crash. This is a major obstacle in this sorry and I will see what happens next. - Jared Fens
I am in the falling action of "Catching Fire" by Suzannne Collins. In the falling action Katniss is in the area with 13 other victors and so far Katniss has done a really good job of protecting Peter. But there is only one small problem that Katniss can't avoid.....how to kill everyone but Peter? And that is what the Capital want Katniss to do. Overall I think the Capital is trying to let Katniss know that they are not to be made fun of.
ReplyDeleteStill short! Good ideas, though.
DeleteHeart beat by Sharon creech. This book still seizes to continue to amaze and surprise me especially with all the baby rumors and what not. Now instead of an alien pumpkin baby it's a real baby and it acts just like Annie when she was inside her mother. I still don't under stand why the art teacher is Making the students keep a record every day of their apple. After max joins the track team and calls Annie names and says he's faster then her, she is really considering about joining the team especially after talking to grandpa and him telling her about how exciting and fun it was. He's says it's not about winning or losing it's about having fun. Grandpa use to run all the time before his wife past away. This book really keeps you on your toes
DeleteI am reading The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. This story is about people that are struggling with Cancer. There are two main characters in this story, Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters. Chapter ten takes place in Amsterdam. The reason they go to Amsterdam is to visit an author to find out the ending to the book that she read. Hazel and Augustus are boyfriend and girlfriend. Hazel has Leukemia and Augustus has Osteosarcoma which is a bone cancer in his leg. Both characters are dealing with the fact that they both may die at a young age. Augustus also has to deal with a prosthetic leg and Hazel has to carry around an oxygen tank. I am really enjoying this book.
ReplyDeleteMore you, please!
DeleteI am reading Old Yeller by Fred Gipson. In Chapter 5, I’m reading about the characters, Travis, and his little brother , Arliss . Arliss is a 5 year old that is in love with Yeller, a stray dog. Yeller was eating the meat that Travis killed and hung to dry. Travis was ready to kill that old dog, but he grew to love him too. Arliss was pitching a fit to Travis ,so Travis had to give in. Both characters are very different because Travis is trying to be responsible and help his mom after his dad left, and Arliss is a little wild and obnoxious. He loves the outdoors.
ReplyDeleteI am reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman. So right now Mia thinks she’s an actual ghost that can walk through walls. When she walks into the wall she realizes that she isn't a ghost; well at least not that kind. Adam invited Mia to one of his concerts as well. While at his concert she saw many different kinds of people. Some pretty, some have their hair colored un-natural colors, and others looking mean. After the concert they went to Mia’s house for some food. Adam and Mia’s dad went to play basketball while dinner is being made. Still nobody knows if Teddy is okay or if he’s in critical condition.
ReplyDeleteMore you!
DeleteA Wrinkle in Time
ReplyDeleteblog 3
One of the characters that I’m reading about is Meg. She is a very strong headed girl. Meg is very self-conscious about herself due to her peers at school. At school ,Meg is not understood due to the fact that her two older brothers are very smart and she is not. I don’t understand why people are mean to her and her brother, Charles. Like one day she was walking home from school and one of the people at school called her brother dumb baby brother. So she ran up to him and tried to hit him, but she came home with a black eye. I would go run to a guy and hit him for saying that, but I would go talk with him first then decide if I should . I think that Meg should not be so mean to others even if they are mean to her or her brother.
Great ideas. No author.
DeleteI am reading If I Stay by: Gayle Forman
ReplyDeleteSo, right now Mia, the main character, is in a coma and her dad died on the table during surgery. The setting takes place in a hospital. The whole family is there in the waiting room. Mia has not heard anyone talking about Teddy, her brother ,so she assumes he is fine and is getting treated at the other hospital. Kim and Adam still are not allowed to see Mia, which she does not like because she wants Adam, the other main character and her boyfriend, to see her. Back to her memories her and Adam’s relationship is not going too great, they got in a really bad argument and in my opinion he’s a jerk because he left her again. Adam was mad because Mia did not tell him she got an audition at Julliard. She did not think it was that important to tell him, just in case she did not make it in. He came back for her and they got back together. Everything was good with them now. Mia’s grandpa took her to her audition for Julliard and she did an amazing job. Back at the hospital when Adam and Kim tried to get past security to see Mia, they ran into Willow who is a family friend that works at the hospital where Teddy was at. They got news that Teddy did not make it. It’s sad because now Mia has no family.
More Miah, please!
DeleteI am reading Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick.
ReplyDeleteThat night Hugo, the main character, saw the man with his book and he went to go get it back, but the old man refused. The old man said he was going to burn his book when he got home, near the graveyard. Hugo followed him to his home, and he slammed the door in Hugo’s face. Later that night, Hugo saw the girl, don’t know her name yet, from the toy booth, and he asked her to get her grandfather to not burn his book. She said that Papa Georges, the old man that owns the toy booth, wasn’t her grandfather, and Hugo was a thief so she wasn’t going to help him. Both of them started to fight, and then the girl realized that Hugo wasn’t a thief, but Hugo never wanted to tell her. He didn’t trust her enough. Hugo ran from the girl while she was trying to set things straight with him, but he ignored her and kept running until he came back to his secret room, behind the walls in the the tunnel of the train station. In the room, he found a mannequin thing full of clock gears. He remembered his father worked in a clock shop. So he thought if his father was a clock person, Hugo might make things like him, possibly an inventor.
I want to hear what you think about what you are reading, Grace!
DeleteI’m reading Enders game by Orson Scott card, Ender Wiggins the main character has know boarded his ship to go the battle school training center where he is going to train to be a officer or commander in his fleet. When he got on the ship and sat down some of the other kids who went to the training started to bug him and they didn’t stop so he( they are on a space ship and there’s zero gravity) unbuckled one of the kids belts and he slammed into the wall and the kids arm broke so the kids stopped bothering him for the rest of the trip and to even respect they let him get off last and they let him get in front of the line for food 9 ( they haven’t eaten for 20 hours because they were in a spaceship and the launch is pretty bad they even one would of thrown up) but ender didn’t even want to be feared he just wanted to kid the stop hitting him in the back off his head. so they had landed and know he’s at the training school and general Graff the guys who recruited him and this other general ( I don’t know his name yet) said that he is the one that will end the word with these things called the buggers. ( 227 words)
ReplyDeleteI want to hear more of your original thoughts and ideas next time, please!
DeleteYesterday, I read two chapters of the "Outbreak" by Robert Tine, and it started to be a good book.The three main characters, Daniels, Salt (an amateur in training), and Casey had a deadly adventure in Africa. All the Africans had a Ebola virus, except for Dr. Iwabi who was an old, wise, African man. My favorite part of the two chapters I read was when Salt was bleeding from his ears, eyes, his mouth, and even his nipples. After that he vomited yellow green bile that got on his glass helmet. Daniels and Robby ( his ex-wife) were fighting over who gets to keep the two dogs because she was leaving him for divorce. Even though Daniels still wanted the dogs, he lets her have the dogs, then she left.
ReplyDeleteThis week I read until Chapter 25 of the book, “Found” by Margret Peterson Haddix. The kids learn that Jonah and Chip are some of the kids from plane that held 36 babies. I knew that that had something to do with the main character. The kids then met Angela and then they were attacked by someone. I kind of thought something happened was going to happen. After the attack, Jonah went back. Jonah then saw Angela disappear. I think that Angela is from the past and she time traveled to that point in time. When they kids got back home, all of the witness and survivor papers were gone. I knew this was going to happen at some point. Either they would delete it or someone would have deleted it.
ReplyDeleteI am reading I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. John Smith, the main character, is developing his legacies and they were exposed in school. Several students saw his hands glow. I want to know how the kids will react to the sight is his glowing hands. If they confront him about it, how will John answer? Will they expose his to the press? If so that could lead the Mogadorians to them. Also, I just found out that when John and his keeper left Lorein, they were given many jewels, golden items, and precious metals to sell once the arrived on Earth. His keeper put the money in an overseas account, and there is enough money for 10 lifetimes. Could they use that money to keep the witnesses of John's legacies quiet? This book keeps me intrigued and interested.
ReplyDeleteThe Fault in our Stars by John Green.(Chapter 5) Hazel loves this book called An Imperial Affliction by Peter Van Houten. Her feelings about this book is that it had a terrible ending. It just cut off and left you hanging. I do not like when books cut you off like that in the end. And also not knowing what happened to the characters in the story. She sent the author a letter to see if he was coming out with another book to the previous book. She got very angry when he replied and told her that he was not making another book. Also Hazel visited her friend Isaac in the hospital from her support group. She visited him to see how his eyes were doing because they had bandages on them. So in this chapter I like that Hazel went to visit her buddy from her support group to see how he was doing. I also like that she wrote to the author to see if he was writing another book.
ReplyDeleteI am reading I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. John, the main character has developed his legacies and was exposed in school. His glowing hands are triggered by anxiety and nervousness. When he fought the jock of the school, his hands began to glow brightly. There were several witnesses. How will they react? If they confront John, how will he respond? Will the witnesses leak to the press? If so that could help the Mogadorians find him. Also, I found out that when John and his keeper left Lorein, they were given diamond, jewels, and precious metals to sell once they were on Earth. John's keeper put all of the money in an overseas account. They have enough money for ten lifetimes! If needed, will they use that money to keep the witnesses quiet? This book keeps me interested and intrigued.
ReplyDeleteI am reading The Fault in our Stars by John Green. In chapter four, Hazel goes over to Augustus’ house to hang out. When she gets there, Isaac from support group is there and he and Augustus are playing video games. Isaac is really upset because his girlfriend just broke up with him because he was getting his remaining eye removed because of his eye cancer and she “couldn’t handle it”. Isaac then begins smashing Augustus’ things. I thought that this part of the story was really sad because Isaac knew he was going to have his last eye removed and he was going through heartbreak at the same time. I have started to notice that the main theme in this book is really appreciating life while you can. I am interested to see what happens to Isaac after his surgery.(141 words) Erica Kozmic 1B
ReplyDeleteCurrently I am reading 2nd Chance by James Patterson. So far a lot has happened in the book. I think that the shooter was very intent in doing this act. I think the killer had a very good plan of escaping cause they are having trouble finding some clues. I thought that the detectives are struggling to figure out what happened. . I think that the shooter is involved with a gang or group. I think the way they describe the different positions it was a small chance to shoot the girl. I think the neighbors saw the truck the guy left in.
ReplyDeleteI am still reading Dead end in Norvelt by Jack Gantos I have now read up to chapter 10. At this point the obsession of Mrs. Volker and the original settlers of Norvelt has been taken to light. Mrs. Volker made the main character Jack break into one of the original settler’s house dressed as the grim reaper and see if she was still alive. Why is Mrs. Volker so obsessed with out-living the other settlers and writing their obituaries? She also has a rivalry with the leader of the Norvelt Association for the Public Good Mr. Spizz and wants to out-live him the most out of anyone else. Why does she hold so much hatred for Mr. Spizz I am interested to find out more.
ReplyDeleteIn the book The Throne of Fire, there are two magicians named Carter and Sadie Kane. They are being helped by the two Egyptian Gods Hours and Isis. My favorite part is when Carter meets a gryphon, tames it, and then names it Freak. I also love how Rick Riordan(the author) makes it interesting by adding a lot of action. For an example, Carter searches for the girl he likes Zia, but then he almost gets captured. Another one of my favorite parts is when Sadie meets a god named Bes. Bes the Dwarf God who is really short. But the thing that makes him interesting is the fact that he is very humorous. You should read a lot of Rick Riordan if you like mythology. (126 words)
ReplyDelete- Sydni Simpson
In Eragon this week, he and Brom sparred a lot with their swords and learned some new magic. While on the road Eragon spoke with Brom about what the sea was like because they were going to go visit Brom’s old friend in a city called Teirm. Teirm is on the sea and is a large sailing city. The city is one of the only ones that have not been attacked by the Urgals but have had strange ship disappearances. Brom’s old friend Joed is a merchant and owns many of these disappearing ships. Eragon and Brom are currently asking Joed about a mysterious magical flask that they found that was from one of Eragon’s uncle’s killers.
ReplyDeletePlease tell us the author. Also, I want to hear more of your original thoughts and ideas next time, please!
DeleteIgraine wants to be twelve so badly. She dreams of becoming a famous knight. She is still bored with nothing adventure going on. Then an unexpected guess come by. It was the nefarious nephew of the baroness-next-door neighbor. The lions roared, but it didn't sound that way. It sounded like something was stuck in there throat. After a while now, Igraine's wish had come true. There is an adventure now. Greedy Osmund's has and idea of capturing the castle and stealing the magic books from the parents. Making things worse, mom and dad accidentally turned them selves into pigs. Igraine had to find he way to get enough courage to get her mom and dad back as as well, save the books. The end
ReplyDeleteTitle and author? I want to hear more of your original thoughts and ideas next time, please!
DeleteI am continuing to read the book "Inner Circle" by Kate Brian. The book is becoming more interesting. The characters are developing now as I'm in the 10th chapter currently. As of right now Reed the protagonist of the story has come back to her boarding school as a junior. Last year it was a horrible year as alot of drama happened. Due to the drama new rules have been put in place, so some people don't like it and some people do. These new rules are creating tension between the protagonist and the antagonist. The protagonist is Reed the main character. I think that I've figured out the antagonist of the story, and her name is Cheyenne. Cheyenne doesn't really like Reed because she likes Reed's boyfriend, and she is upset that she can no longer determine who gets to board in the Billings dormitory. I feel that there has been some conflict which is mostly relationship conflicts. There has been conflict with the protagonist (Reed) and the antagonist (Cheyenne) because Cheyenne wants the school to be back how it was before this year, but Reed likes the new changes. I'm excited to find out more of the book and how the outcome of the two girls and the school will end. I have a few questions about Sabine ( a freshman at Easton Academy who is boarding with Reed). I'm wondering what role she is going to play in the book, whether she's a primary or secondary character. I hope to find out soon.
ReplyDeleteVery, very good, Lydia!
DeleteI have continued to read "A Heart Divided" by Kathleen Morgan. I have found so many sentences that I can relate to, or understand. One sentence being, "Start thinking about you and Danny, not other peoples lives you can't control."(Morgan, 101). This is a very strong sentence because I know people who do this exact same thing. Even I do this. I think it means we need to worry about our own lives, and not everyone else's. People have their own responsibilities, and so do we. Therefor we should worry about us, and people around us instead of people who couldn't care less of your opinion. I think that this book does a really good job of adding things in the reader can relate to. It's nice to read a book that you can understand, rather then sitting there not understanding a word that's been wrote. It has also given me a new outlook on things. It's amazing how reading this one sentence has given me a whole new view on who, or what I worry about.
ReplyDeleteThe book that I am reading is The Silver Chair by C. S. Lewis. I have only read the first chapter of the book, and I can tell that it’s going to be a swell book. I have learned of two characters, Eustace and Jill. Eustace is the protagonist. Eustace was in the last book of The Chronicle of Narnia series. The biggest question I have for the book is: What is the Silver Chair that is in the title? The book is really slow at the moment since I am in the exposition and not in the rising action of the book.
ReplyDeleteKeep an eye on your word count!
DeleteRecently in the book that I'm reading, called "Just another Hero" by Sharon Draper. After the incident with the bullying Arielle wondered if she had handled the situation properly, or could she
ReplyDeleteof reported it to the principal, but it might of embarrassed Osrick even more. My question is who is she to narc on someone cause she knew she wasn't any better than the haters who picked on him, its funny to me how that is because some kids do that in real life too but it can change.
Keep an eye on your word count!
DeleteI am currently reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. The main character is Katniss and she is going through so many conflicts in her life right now. I like how she always refers to her flashbacks at random points of the story reminding you of stuff you don’t know about her. The only thing that confuses me or that I don’t like is when she refers to her dad’s death. I feel bad for her especially with her being the one to support her family since he did die. I also don’t like how Suzanne Collins has given us any updates about how things are back home with Prim and her mom. I wonder how things are for Gale and his family. Is everyone getting fed the food they need to survive or are they barley getting fed at all? I haven’t come across the across the theme yet but I have come across some smaller themes. I think one minor theme is to always be aware of you surround yourself with. I believe that theme will be one throughout the story.
ReplyDeleteVery good, Bobbye!
DeleteThe Maze Runner
ReplyDeleteAuthor: James Dashner
In the last blog, I finished it with Minho entering Glade. Minho and Alby decide to go out on a journey to see that the Griever is dead. When they are returning, Thomas disobeys the rules of Glade and enters the maze to help Minho as he carries Alby. They don’t make it back in time and the gates of Glade close. Minho explains that the Grievor was simply ‘playing dead’ , and stung Alby before running off. Before Thomas can think, Minho runs off to hide in the maze. So, Thomas hides Alby in vines on the wall and runs the other way when a Griever appears. Soon, Minho and Thomas are both running from many Grievers. Suddenly, Minho and Thomas reached the Cliff, as Minho called it, and tricked the Grievers into falling off the edge by dodging out of the way when the Grievers hurdled themselves forward. They survived the whole night by dodging the Grievers and running until morning came. They went back to Glade and took Alby from his hiding spot and put him in the Glade to begin the Changing. Why did the Griever ‘play dead’ ? Where did the Grievers go that fell off the Cliff?
I want to hear more of your original thoughts and ideas next time, please!
DeleteI am still reading, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I am almost at the climax, but still in the rising action. The characters in this summary are Isaac, Hazel, and Augustus, and Isaac’s girlfriend .Isaac was making out with his girlfriend at support group which is at the church(setting)because the last thing he wanted to see before his eye surgery, where he would be permanently blind, would be her. The day after he had the surgery, his girlfriend broke up with him because she didn’t want to date a blind person. The conflict is between Isaac and his ex-girlfriend. Augustus and Hazel helped him through the breakup and I thought that was nice. The next day, they did the funniest prank to help Gus. They egged his ex-girlfriend’s house. It was funny because he threw the eggs in the wrong direction for a while. Then, the girl’s mom came out of the house to find a blind guy, a girl with an oxygen tank, and a one legged guy egging her house. There is another conflict between Isaac’s ex-girlfriend’s mom and Isaac, Hazel, and Augustus. She felt bad for them and let them continue to egg their house. I loved that part! It was amazing how these cancer survivors come together and egg a house. Even though they are about to die, they live to the fullest. I can’t wait to get to the climax. The theme for this summary is what goes around comes back around. (250 words)
ReplyDeleteGood post, Jamie!
DeleteIm reading the Death Cure by James Dashner. In the book the Gladers have completed the Scorch and have been offered their memories back. Im wondering if the main character Thomas and his friends Minho and Newt will take their memories back or not. Im also wondering what their memories will be like if they do get them back. Will they have memories of them with WICKED? Or will they really know what their parents and family were like? I've also found out that Newt is not immune to the Flare, a disease that slowly eats at the brain, taking away memories and slowly makes you go insane. I think that he'll get "gone" as they say meaning he goes completely insane. I hate how they had him with them even though he wasn't immune, because now they might lose him to the Flare. They also aren't in trials anymore, so I think anything can happen and I honestly don't think they are going to let WICKED do anything to them if unless they know exactly what it will do.
ReplyDeleteVery good; keep it up!
DeleteMy book is The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. The last chapter had me on the edge of the seat wondering what was going to go on next. They had recently fought against a big bull person that was trying to kill Percy because he’s a half-blood. They were traveling to the safe zone called Camp Half-Blood. This place was where all the half-bloods would be safe. Here they talked about who their parents were and if they were gods or not. What I thought about this chapter was that it didn’t have much enthusiasm it was mostly talking about how Percy’s alive. So I thought this chapter was a bit boring but I have found out a couple knew things that also kept me reading. Grover was a satyr. They meet people named Chiron, and Mr. D. I don’t have many thoughts about this chapter, but I think I know what might happen next. They will meet the other campers and see what group of gods he belongs too. (Going to leave you on the cliff and talk more in the next chapter)
ReplyDeleteI am reading the book Divergent by Veronica Roth. We know all the characters in the story, the main conflict and some of the rising action events. Tris is now in training to pass the tests to become an official member of Divergent. She didn’t start off to well but she is progressively getting better. Eventually I think that Tris will make it on the top of the ranking chart. Right now she is under the red line. If you are below the red line after training you cut .If you don’t make the cuts to get into Divergent you become faction less and then you will have to live on the street.
ReplyDeleteGood job.
DeleteSo far, I'm in the rising action of Wonder by R.J. Palacio. This book is about a fifth grader named August Pullman who was born with a facial deformity. Throughout the story, he tries to convince people at his new school, Breecher Prep, that he is just the same as them, despite his appearance. At first I didn't think August would like school, since he's only been home schooled his whole life and is very anxious about how kids at his school would treat him, but it was really happy knowing that even though he does have a deformity, he has many good friends with him like Summer and Jack Will. Although it's sad at first, I feel like August is overcoming his differences with the other students and is enjoying his first year at Breecher Prep a lot.
ReplyDeleteI'm currently reading The Giver by Lois Lowry, Jonas has been skipped from recieving his title and frankly I don't get it, I'm confused. As I kept reading I found out that jonas has been selected to be the Receiver and I really don't get what that is. Though the Chief Elder has told what it is, I still dont get it. Chief Elder told him that they, I dont know who they is though, are thankful that they, this the community, is not going to have another failure. I really want to know what happened to the person before who turned out the failure that was spoken of. Jonas caught a look at the Receiver and I can't help but wonder what he, the Receiver, looks like. I love the book so far and it keeps me on the edge, I love it. (144 words)
ReplyDeleteGood post!
DeleteI am still reading Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff. I am getting very close to the end, and it keeps getting more and more touching. Hollis is still off with Josie in Steven’s summer house. They had to have a Christmas by themselves. It was very touching in a sad and happy way. Hollis went and got pine tree branches to decorate the house for their “Christmas”. Josie seemed so sad, because her sister, Beatrice, wasn’t there. Her emotions were described so thoroughly that I could feel Josie’s sadness. Pictures of Hollis Woods is a book full of many emotions.
ReplyDeleteBy Grace K. Ehlers
Very good!!!
DeleteThe House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros. In this chapter she is talking about her name and how she doesn’t like it and where she got her name from. Her name is Esperanza, which means hope in English and in Spanish it means sadness, waiting, it is like the number nine. Why does she refer to it as the number 9? I think her name is pretty cheerful and unique.
ReplyDelete“At school they say my name funny as if the syllables were made out of tin and hurt the roof of your mouth.” I don’t think that should make her dislike her name just because people can’t say it.
Good ideas, Marie!
DeleteI am still reading The Exorcist by Peter William Blatty, and the book has really become more intense and twisted in an exciting and terrifying way. I am so glad I chose to read this book before watching the movie because I can really picture everything that goes on in this book as if I'm there, it's really exciting. So in the book, Regan has been twisting and turning in bed, swearing and displaying inhuman abilities, and doing unspeakable obscenities. This part of the book really had the hairs on my arms standing, the images the book put into my head really had me shocked, as if this were really happening. After taking several tests, the doctors decide it is time for Regan to see a psychiatrist. After that, a friend of Chris' dies after falling to his death down a flight of stairs, breaking his neck. The book is really starting to become dark and disturbing, and its really grips you and just pulls you in. I really have never enjoyed reading as much as I have while reading this book. It is really starting to become more apparent now that Regan is possessed, and I am really curious to see how her condition will continue.
ReplyDeleteGood, Alan! I hope it's not too creepy?
DeleteI am still reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green and I am in the very beginning of the rising action.Colin and Hassan decide that the only solution to getting over the break of Colin had is through a road trip which I think is a pretty amazing idea! If that were me I'd definitely go on that road trip, like honestly who wouldn't? After they ask their parents for permission to go with a little trouble convincing them they eventually go and are off on the road on I-65 through Indianapolis. We start getting background on Colin's intelligence and he is like a prodigy as they call it which means he learns quickly and remembers things better than others from what I got from the story, not only that but we get the beginning of the beginning of when he first met a woman by the name of Katherine who would always ask him questions because of his high level of intelligence at a very young age. Then the actual beginning of him dating a girl named Katherine that was 8 and so was he. This is fairly interesting because honestly who would ever think that somebody would get a girlfriend or boyfriend at the age of 8! That's pretty odd if you ask me. The story is moving quickly but yet slow enough to give all the details you need. Honestly, Colin is a very interesting character to me.
ReplyDeleteThis is a very good blog post!
DeleteI have read a little over a chapter in "Broken Lines" by James Hunt. I really like it so far but it jumped right into the story unlike most books. It's about when an EMT hits the earth and destroys everything electronic. The main character is a steel mill worker who dropped off his father at the hospital for a blood test the morning that it all happened. Later at lunch, the power went out everywhere in the city and no electronics were working including cars so he has to run around the hospital to find his father. It's a pretty short book but I think that it will also be a very good book.
ReplyDeleteGood post, Preston!
DeleteSo far I am still in the introduction process where they are beginning to tell about the characters that are going to be included in the story. I have moved away from Halt and Will and Lady Pauline and now I am at the Earl, we aren't given his specific name he is just the Earl. He has stopped being the treasurer and gone on one last raid to a big caravan town. I cannot wait to see how he is tied into the book and main story line.
ReplyDeleteJosh, please tell us the title and author and also keep up with your word count!
DeleteI am still reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. So far there was a lady that can tell the future. She is a strange one. There was an old man too. Santiago was trying to find the treasure in Egypt. He had no idea where that was. He had to make a decision and see which one was better, keeping his flock or finding the treasure. Where he is at, he smelled goods. He was thinking where to find Egypt and the pyramids. People say he needs to read the Omen (he didn’t know what that was). Santiago was asking everybody about the gold. Nobody knew about it. They just told them to go to Egypt.
ReplyDeleteI want to hear more of your original thoughts and ideas next time, please!
DeleteThe Book Thief by Markus Zusak .
ReplyDeleteI feel bad for Liesel yet, I look up to her for being so strong. She's lost her brother and her mom gave her away due to her own needs which I find disappointing. I feel as if you bring a child into this world it's your duty to raise and watch over them until your days are over. I learned that Liesel was Lutheran (which I don't recall from the movie). Papa and Mama's relationship is funny yet, uncalled for. They agrue over anything and everything . It's quite annoying especially with all that's going on. They're constantly yelling and cursing at each other. This makes me wonder why they're still together. I know why many struggling couples stay together but, I would like to know their reason.
Another great post with great thoughts!
DeleteI am reading Fire by Kristin Cashore and I am on chapter 13. So far the story has been pretty slow and I would like if it would speed up and get to the good parts. However I am enjoying the plot of the story and wonder how the author came up with the story line. I envy the main character mostly because she is irresistible, as a result of her powers, and I honestly would love to have a ton of attention on myself 24/7. I also love that the main character isn't predictable and has a mind of her own.
ReplyDeleteGood post! Watch your word count!
DeleteI'm in the rising action still for the book Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. I've noticed that he used a different type of adjective to describe the setting. Paulsen used letters to describe a lake and ripples. Directly across the lake from it, at the inside corner of the 'L', was a mound of sticks and mud rising up out of the water..." (Paulsen 38). Another quote uses a letter talking about the water: "Then a small brown head popped to the surface of the water near the mound and began swimming off down the short leg of the 'L' leaving a 'V' of ripples behind..." (Paulsen 38). Paulsen also uses good imagery in the story. "But when he brought a cupped hand to his mouth and felt the cold lake water trickle past his cracked lips and over his tongue he could not stop." (Paulsen 42).
ReplyDeleteExcellent, Devin!
DeleteI am still reading Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. Since my last blog, the setting of the story is at the Command School. This is where all the best future soldiers and military leaders go to train. The main character Ender, is in command school. He is a better, smarter trainee than most of everyone else and this leads to many conflicts. One conflict is between Ender and his commander. I believe that Ender’s commander is jealous because Ender goes against his orders and has a better plan and this plan saves the team a loss.
ReplyDeleteI think the theme of the book based on what I have read so far, is overcoming big obstacles. I believe this because Ender has faced many obstacles and conflicts but has not given up. Each time Ender overcomes an obstacle; he seems to find himself facing a larger obstacle but also receives a reward. Some of the rewards he has been given are promotion to a high rank and a change to a better team. I cannot wait to see what Ender faces next.
Very good, Daniel!
DeleteI am still reading "The True Meaning of Smekday". This book is great and I am enjoying every word. It seems like every time I flip the page it gets more funny and interesting. I am at the part where J.Lo and Gratuity are flying to Florida together. Gratuity is driving but is still confused by the controls of her car. Instead of rolling like normal cars, J.Lo made it so it could fly. He also changed all of the controls of the car. I have lots of questions about it like: Why not just make the car roll? Where did J.Lo learn how to do all of these things? Why does he need a ride to Florida where all of the Humans are going? I am excited to continue reading and hope some of my predictions I have will come true.
ReplyDeleteGreat post!
DeleteI am reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Right now, the cast is on the legendary planet Magrathea. Part of the crew has been booby trapped (I wonder if they'll survive or not), while one of them has been lead by an old man, who tells that the Earth was formed by a planet-forming company and brought by white mice. I like the way the author twists things around when they talk about how white mice, while we were experimenting on them, were experimenting on us at the same time. I don't know where the story is going, but I would like to know more.
ReplyDeleteGood post, Connor!
DeleteI am reading Fade by Lisa Mcmann. This book has an amazing and intense story line. The plot keeps you on the edge of your seat and keeps you very involved in the story. The plot is filled with twists and turns that make the mood even more intense. I can very much read the characters thoughts and i know what they are thinking and i know the situations that involve them and how they are going to approach it. Overall the main plot is very well thought out and very intriguing.
ReplyDeleteWatch your word count! Tell me more!
DeleteHunger games by Suzanne Collins
ReplyDeleteI'm in the climax, and catniss is in a tree and the group of people are all around her trying to kill her. I don't understand it though because I thought that PETA loved her an now he wants to kill her? So it is very confusing
Chester this is a good start but it is MUCH too short...
DeleteI am still reading the book If i Stay, and it is a wonderful book! Where I left off was when everyone was visiting Mia in the ICU. Everyone comes to see her from cousins she never knew she had to her boyfriend and best friend. While her boyfirend is stitting next to her, she realizes how much he wants her to stay. While they are together Adam (her boyfriend) puts earbuds in her ear and plays her favorite song by her favorite artist. While listening she has a flash back to their first date where they went to watch that same artist perform. She suddenly starts feeling weird and then, she opens her eyes. She sees Adam leaning over mumbling "please stay" over and over again. Then Adam looks at her a gasps, He sreams " She is awake" and everyone come rushing in. After she wakes up and realizes what is going on she has to go to rehab for her legs, arms, and for her brain (because she got brain damage during the crash). She went on to going to a music school to play the cello and Adam and her driffted apart, they lost touch and in the next boook will be reunited. I am really happy for Mia that she chose to stay, but also sad that her and Adam lost touch. I thought they were and adorable couple.
ReplyDeleteI am in the rising action of "Cirque De Freak: Tunnels Of Blood" by Darren Shan. In the rising action Darren and Evra are looking for the killer who has killed 6 people drained out all of there blood. So Darren and Evra think that Mr. Crepsley is the killer. At first i did think that he was the killer and that he was blood hungry because he did not drink blood during the whole trip in the city. The way i feel of this book is that it is very fell of action and blood. During the night Darren and Evra started to follow Mr.Crepsley almost every night, but one night they were falling him Darren and Evra found the next person they thought he was going to kill but, in fact Mr.Crepsley was really trying to protect him from Murlough. Murlough is the new character in the book he is a Vampaneze. Murlogh is the real killer in the city that is why Mr.crepsley was trying to kill him.
ReplyDeleteGood ideas!
DeleteI am reading Violets are Blue by James Patterson. I read chapters 14- 15 and in those two chapters Alex Cross and Jamilla Hughes and the rest of the FBI dug up the grave of Mary Alice Richardson to look at her corpse. Mary Alice was murdered a year and 3 months ago. She was hanging from a tree with bare feet, naked, and she had no blood. The only item on her body were her earrings and a sapphire in her belly button. They are looking at her corpse because her death was like the other one that just recently happened so they are going to compare the bodies and see if she was killed by the same person or people who killed the others.
ReplyDeleteIn chapter 3 of City of Ember , Arlin walks into a creepy pipe. The characters in this chapter are very dramatic. Arlin is very brave to go into a creepy mysterious pipe. This chapter is very mysterious and shows how important family is to survival. Family is the most important because without it, there’s no hope. I love this story because, it fits my personality. This takes place in a mysterious land where no light can be found. The kind of place where would not want to be. The one goal is to get light back into the city. This is so epic!!
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas! No author (-5)
DeleteIm currently reading beautiful creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl. So in my first two post they explained on how it was not as fun to read to later in the book, well it happen it is good it got very good, he met the vampire girl and they almost died he saved her. This book is really good, what i like the most about it is the fact it gets intense at moments and boring at moments and it full of action, in chapter 9.04 yeah the chapters numbering is weird. When the girl was introduced in the middle it got kinda mean cause all the other kids picke: on her then started to pick on him cause he began to hang out with her instead of the "cool kids." I recommend this book to anyone.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Theodore Boone:The Accused by John Grisham. What i read today is that Theo now got his bike punctured and his window smashed. Plus the detectives got a search warrant for his house. My thoughts are that he will strike back maybe breaking a law or too if he has too as that would be what iw ould do in his situation. I also think that theo shouldn't have to pay for the tires if they get stabbed. The detectives shouldn't be pushing theo so hard since everybody knows he's innocent. I also still havent heard anything about Pete Duffy, but i hope that'll come in. Sorry for last minute, took a while to get home.
ReplyDeleteToday in Drive-By I read the rest of the first chapter. As before Tito, Mina, and Jimmy are still walking home. Tito has finally caught Mina, when they start walking back to Jimmy. Tito sees a cars tail lights he can’t really see what’s going on. The car starts to slow down and Jimmy froze, gun shot fired Jimmy falls to the ground. Tito thinks Jimmy is playing around, but he is hoping that Jimmy is going to pop up and say “stop being such a worry toad Tito and laughs”. Jimmy doesn’t pop up he stays still as a stone and lays there. So this all I read today and I think this book is beginning to be very interesting
ReplyDeleteCJ Moore
CJ - remember, tell me the author AND let me hear what YOU think.
DeleteA Wrinkle in Time- Madeline L’Engle
ReplyDeleteReading chapter three I understand the characters and story better. For example I realized Meg’s father is a bigger object than what I first thought, and I now think the time of this story is in the 1950’s for the mention of a character getting a type writer. I am beginning to accept Calvin as a character after been given more information about him, and for the first time I don’t see Meg as an unintelligent character, she just wants to do things her way and is confused when presented with new ideas. Finally I feel bad for Meg’s mother not having help raising four kids and working a job.
Hello Mrs. Watson, the book I am currently reading is Flawless by Sara Shepard. It is the second book in the Pretty Little Liars series. Sadly, this is the third book of mine that I have chosen for these blogs. Each time I have written that I am enjoying the book so far but each time I am disappointed or become bored. However, I follow along with the Pretty Little Liars show and so I am certain that this book is of my interest. The plot line of the books are nothing like the plot in the show. Where I am currently in Flawless, is the day of one of the main character’s funeral. The most important characters in this story are Ali, who is deceased but there are always many flashbacks to when she was alive, Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna. These five girls all used to be the best of friends and were all kind of “followers” of Ali because she was the rich, popular, rude girl in school. After Ali died, Spencer, Aria, Hannah, and Emily all split up and weren’t close anymore. It is only now in the book that they are all coming back together again because Ali’s funeral is bringing them back together. I am in love with the characters in this book and how Sara Shepard writes. I really feel like this book is fit for me because it is for teenagers and it has suspense, drama, humor, and love. Basically all of my favorite things in one book! I really am anxious to see what happens the day of Ali’s funeral because it is really important to all of the characters.
ReplyDeleteSophie the hero is the name of the book I am starting and the author is Lara Bergen. Sophie was a hero and it is all people could talk about on the bus to school. She told the bus driver, and the kindergartner sitting behind her got a pat on the head for calling her a hero. The old Sophie would not have done that, but now she is the new and improved! Last year she came up with a different nickname, Sophie the Awesome, but she said it was too hard being awesome all the time. Now her and her friend, Ella were telling the bus driver how Sophie was a hero. All that she did was catch the Slinky's that Ella dropped, it wasn't heroic to the bus driver, but it was to Sophie and Ella.
ReplyDeleteI'm reading the book called The Giver by Lois Lowry the book is in a utopia. The protagonist is Jonas and he's only eleven years old. He is very anxious to know what job he would be assigned. The antagonist would be the council. The council will not let twins live if there born just one of the twins will be alive and the other on will be down. To become a family they have to apply to become a family and to have kids they will also have to apply. The people take these shots so they won’t fell anything and won’t see any colors. (107)
ReplyDeleteHatchet Gary Paulson
ReplyDeleteI have been reading Hatchet and Brian has seen the pilot of his flight die right in front of him and he needs to fly the plain. Hg is in shock so he sits there for a few minutes then he takes flight of the plain. I think that he will crash but he will still survive. This story is filled with suspense and also it is very scary to me because I want him to survive the crash. This is a major obstacle in this sorry and I will see what happens next. - Jared Fens