In the book The Titans Curse, by Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson goes on a quest to save a girl, named Annabeth. Thalia a girl, who is the daughter of Zeus, goes on a quest to save the goddess Artemis. Artemis has been captured by the Titan Lord, Kronos. My personal favorite part of this book is when Bianca di Anglo almost faints because Grover the satyr takes off his fake feet to show that he is really part goat. This one of my personal favorite series. The way Rick Riordan writes, just MAKES you keep reading! If you liked the Percy Jackson series, then try the Heroes of Olympus series and/or The Kane Chronicles. - Sydni Simpson (119 words)
This week, I continued to read Enders Game by Orson Scott Card. The setting was in the Battle School when I started reading again but then it shifted to Earth. By the time I stopped reading, Ender had moved to the Command School. He went to Command School because he graduated from battle school and demonstrated that he was good at leadership. There were many conflicts while he was in Battle School. There were fewer in the other settings. I believe that there was an internal conflict while he was on Earth because he mentioned that he liked being there and how much he enjoyed it there but he had to go to Command School. I believe he thought about staying on Earth. Many conflicts occurred at Battle School because Ender had to participate in many “games” or fights so the teachers could see how he performed. The teachers were frequently changing the rules to decrease his odds of winning and test his abilities. There were times that Ender had to fight two teams at the same time. I am still in the rising action portion of the plot. This makes it hard for me to stop reading. Ender only has about 5 years to learn everything about commanding an army and then he will have to lead an army to attack the home world of the Buggers, which is what they call an alien species that they believe is their enemy.
The City of Ember by Jeanne Duprau I’m still reading Chapter Four, The City of Ember. I was kind of bored with chapter four because it is the main characters talking about their personal lives. For example, Lina was a messenger for several weeks. Lina is a very emotional, because she is always worried. Her only friend she has is her granny. Granny is very supportive of Lina. Granny is in her mid-seventies. But, she is not aware of what she’s doing. Her Granny possibly has Alzheimer’s disease. Lina just tries to help Granny remember, but she’s not really that worried about it.
I am still reading Old Yeller by Fred Gipson. I just finished Chapter Six and I still enjoy it so far. The setting takes place at a log cabin on Birdsong Creek in Texas. I think that the main characters are very poor; they lived off the land and they have plenty of wild game to hunt and kill. The Dad went to herd cattle from Texas to Abilene, Kansas. The Mom has to be really strong to take care of Travis and Arliss. When I think about the setting, I picture dust flying everywhere, animals running around, and hot, muggy weather. Word Count (102)
A wrinkle in time By: Madeleine l’engle When Calvin was talking to Meg about her father and how he worked as a physicist Meg seemed to be upset. She did not like the fact that her father was gone and that she did not know where her father is at. I would be upset if I did not know were my father was, but I would have not tried to run away from Calvin. Meg kept trying to get away from Calvin because she did not want to hear about her father. If that was me I would have wanted to hear about my father because I would have been upset if I was not informed about him. When Meg finally sat down she stared to cry and Calvin told her it is good to cry. I would have cry too because I would hold all my sadness in so I would not be so upset at times.
I’m still reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman. All of Mia’s relatives are in the waiting room, but the strange thing is, no one was asking about Teddy. It was like he just disappeared out of their minds or something. Mia’s best friend Kim came with her mom to figure out what happened to Mia. Kim’s mom started to sob all of a sudden. While she was crying, Kim went for a walk to some room that is meant for church. If y’all didn't know, Kim and her family are Jewish. She spent a lot of time down in the room praying and talking to Mia; even though she knows that she can’t see her. Mia has some kind of a flashback and starts talking about how they became best friends. I hope Teddy isn't dead though. He was one of my favorite characters even though we knew him only for a little bit of time. I'm still wondering if Adam will ever come and visit Mia or if he even knows what had happened.
I’m still reading Ender’s game by Orson Scott Card, and I just finished Chapters Five and Six. I would consider this a Science Fiction book because the setting takes place on earth and in Space. Ender Wiggins is a very smart character, so he was recruited to battle school. He really enjoys battle school, but people bully him. Most of the time, he just ignores them. He has one friend named Shen who also was bullied. They train to fight together. They get along together because Ender defended him. So far, I’m still enjoying the book because it is very descriptive and i like how they are in space and stuff.
Continued from the last blog, I’m still reading Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. Hugo’s talent (clockkeeper) ran in the family. When he visited his father (inventor) in the clock shop, he watched him grow restless as he made little mechanical animals out of the little bits of clock pieces lying around. Hugo asked his dad to see the automation, and his father snuck him into the museum attic. Up in the attic, Hugo saw broken model ships, heads of statues, old signs, and piles of shattered doors. At last, Hugo saw a mechanical man(automation) his father was building that needed to be fixed, but it was beautiful anyway. His father had filled the notebooks with drawings of the automation. All of the sudden, Hugo’s father became obsessed and frustrated with it(automation ). It started smoking and Uncle Claude (Timekeeper) took Hugo in because his father died, and he wants Hugo to fix the automation. What I think about this chapter is okay, but interesting. (163 words)
Yesterday, I read some parts of chapter five in the book called “Outbreak” by Robert Tine. The chapter wasn’t good, it was just okay. This chapter involved Daniels that acts as if he was the leader of the group and his boss, General Ford, was an unforgivable old man (in my opinion). He wants to go on a mission, but Ford won’t let him because he was afraid that Daniels didn’t know what he was doing. There was so much chaos about the Africans getting diseases and viruses that I thought it might be one of the most deadly diseases in the world (if they are real). The story also became long and boring and the chapter isn’t as horrific and bloody as I wanted it to be (128 words).
I am currently reading the book "The Inner Circle" by Kate Brian. I am currently on the last chapters of the book. Over the course of the book there have been a lot of drama. To summarize the book there is a girl named Reed who is a junior in a prestigious private school. Last year her boyfriend got mistreated by some of her classmates. She didn't think that she'd want to come back to the school, but she does this year. So far Reed has meet a bunch of new people and a new roommate named Sabine. Reed doesn't like a girl named Cheyenne because she stole her boyfriend. I personally don't like this book because it has a bunch of relationship drama which I don't feel is necessary. Also I don't think there is much adventure which makes this book bland. This book makes too many remarks about people being better than others which I don't like, I feel like girls especially adolescents should read books that are positive. Although there are negative aspects about this book, there are some positiveness. The positive things in this book are that Reed stands up to the bully Cheyenne and says that anyone should be able to live in the Billings dormitory.
I am reading The Outsiders by S.E Hinton. I feel that Ponyboy has changed a lot since the beginning of the book. For example Ponyboy thought all Socs where stuck up rich kids that never went through the troubles like Greasers have. Now he changed the way he looks at Socs ever since Ponyboy and Cherry Valance had the talk one night at the movies. What I like so far is that Randy a Soc thinks the same way as Ponyboy since his best friend Bob died. I hope Johnny doesn’t die because he is in critical condition and even if he does live he will be paralyzed for life.
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. (Chapter six and seven) Chapter six is about how Augustus wanted to take Hazel to Amsterdam as her wish to go there. I like that Augustus wants to make Hazel's one wish come true. There was this girl that was stuck in Hazel's head that had a type of cancer, brain cancer. She died a year ago and her name was called Caroline Mathers. I dislike that this girl had brain cancer and died a year ago. Also Hazel told her parents that she was a grenade and could be gone anytime soon. I dislike and think that it is sad because she could be gone in a second of the day. Chapter seven is about Hazel going to the hospital because she had a bad headache which made her lungs fill up with a fluid, a liter and a half. This is sad that her headache is affecting her lungs. I dislike that she has cancer in her lungs. She had to stay in the hospital for six days which I think stinks for her. I like and did not know that sleeping fights cancer which Hazel's doctor told her. I like that Augustus came to visit Hazel in the hospital. I dislike that he said she can not go to Amsterdam until she gets better. I like that Augustus is watching out for Hazel.
I am continuing to read "Just Another Hero" by Sharon Draper. Arielle is in science class right now and is thinking back to the past of when she would treat her friend from middle school named November Nelson like a worthless toy, just because she became pregnant out of wedlock she will be saying things like your fat and ugly, unfortunately because of that she has not been to school for a year while carrying her child, but she finally arrived back to school and when she did she entered the same science class as Arielle she dropped her enrollment sheet on the science teacher's desk Miss Pringle asked who she was November and that she just had a child, the reason why she stayed out of school for months. After she settled into the class a table next to Arielle's lab table. I feel that Arielle an November are holding a grudge and November shouldn't give Arielle the time of day cause it's not worth it she deserves to be shunned because how she treated her was really heartless, I think Arielle is a backstabber but at the same time i feel that November shouldn't of gotten pregnant in the first place and would of been more responsible and abstinent or at least finish her education before she has a child, I'll suggest.
I changed my book and am now reading by James Dashner. This is the second book of the Maze Runner series, and I really like it. It takes place in the future right after the boys and Teresa escape the maze. My favorite part of the book so far is when Tomas tries to speak to Teresa telepathically after she went missing. She seems to have forgotten him making him worry because her title was the betrayer. I love this book because it teaches that kids can act mature and get things done if they want to. It also has a strong female character.
I am reading The Fault in our Stars by John Green. In chapter five, it starts out with Hazel and Augustus talking about the wishes they got from Make A Wish foundation. Hazel used her wish when she was twelve to go to Disney but Augustus still had his. Hazel told him that she has always wanted to meet Peter Van Houten, the author of her favorite book, An Imperial Affliction. Augustus then says that he would love to give Hazel her wish so that she and her Mom could go to Amsterdam to meet him. I thought that it was really sweet when AAugustus offered to do this because it was really selfless of him. I am really looking forward to seeing how their Amsterdam trip goes. (128 words) Erica Kozmic 1B
The Maze Runner By: James Dashner I finished in the last blog with Alby starting the Changing just as Thomas and Minho got back from surviving the night in the maze. Newt explains to Thomas that the Changing brings back fragments of memory from the past, before they were put in the maze. Newt called a Gathering so that the keepers could decide what Thomas’ punishment will be for entering the maze, breaking the number one rule. At the end of the Gathering, it was decided that Thomas would spend a day in the jail for punishment. What does the jail look like? It was also decided that Thomas would become a runner. Just as the meeting was closing, Chuck said that Alby was awake and wanted to talk to Thomas. As Alby talks to Thomas, he says that he remembers who Thomas is and knows what the Flare is, but before he could say anything else, he started to choke himself. Thomas and Newt held Alby down until he went back to sleep and stopped fighting. What had controlled Alby? What was he going to say? Newt decides to take Thomas to look at the girl to see if Thomas can remember anything about her. Suddenly, the girl speaks to Thomas in his head, telepathically, saying that her and Thomas can pass the trials and that they did this to the Gladers while still in a coma. Thomas freaks out and runs out of the Homestead and into the maze. How can this girl speak to Thomas in his head? Where is Thomas going?
Bradley, you've definitely met the length, as always. However, if I had to choose, I would prefer to have less words and more of your thoughts rather than more words and less of your thoughts. Also, try telling me what you think about what is happening rather than ONLY asking questions, although, questions are good, too! Come see me if you need help.
Today I read a little section of chapter 2. Today I found out that Jimmy could have been someone’s ace man. This could be the reason he was shot, but I don’t know hopefully I’ll find out soon. Well Tito and his Mom, and Sister attended Jimmy’s funeral it was a lot of TV reporters there. I guess because the TV stations donated money for the funeral, and they decided they could just put their cameras all in Tito, Mina, and Tito’s mothers face. Well this is mostly all I read today, I really ready to keep reading and find out if Jimmy was someone’s ace man.
Hello again, Mrs. Watson. The book I am currently reading once again is titled Flawless by Sara Shepard. I am now on Chapter 8 and the book has fully intrigued me. I am definitely in the rising action of the plot right now. The chapters are short so I am probably in the middle of the beginning of the rising action. I have been introduced to some other characters. Toby, who is the town “delinquent” although he never has actually done anything wrong, he is just always in the wrong place at the wrong time, and Ezra Fitz, who is the English teacher at Rosewood High where all the main characters are attending. Although Aria is Mr. Fitz’s student, they met each other in a bar a few days before school started and had a fling. Now, it is obviously awkward between the two of them even though there are still feelings there. I have also determined the conflict in this story. There is an anonymous source who is badgering the 4 girls who goes by the synonym “a”. The girls do not know who this person is, but the person knows everything about the girls and their lives and secrets they have never told anyone before and follow the girls wherever they go. They are all really scared and on the edge of their seats constantly. The suspense that the “a” texts deliver to the readers is crazy. I never thought I would be as absorbed into a book as I am with this one. I keep the pages turning because I want to find out who “A” is!
I am reading I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. The Setting is now a small town in Ohio because the Mogdorians, the antogonists, like to be in larger cities. The main character, John, has developed a rlove interest, Sarah, who is also the ex-girlfriend of the jock thet he has a problem with. John is still developing his legacies, and is being helped by his keeper, Henri. John is developing the power of Lumen. It is the power to resist fire, and he will not burn from contact to fire. He and Henri opened the Loric chest and pulled out a Loric stone. When John’s hands tuhed the stone it light up. It was becouse of his developing powers. He had a daydream about his ancestors on Lorein. He saw them batteling the Mogadorians. Henri believes the Mogadorians are on Earth not only to find the Loric survivers, but to take over the planet. I want to know if the Mogadorians will find the remaining Loric survivors. Will the relatonship beween Sarah and John develop? If so, would he tell her that he is an alien?
Big surprise! As soon as Erak's boat landed they were surrounded by the Arridi the people of the town they were going to raid. All the crew members are released except for Erak. It is relayed to Will by his first mate that the only way to get Erak out of jail is to pay a ransom. Will offers to go and represent the king and so does Halt. Unfortunately however they are not the formal representatives. So unfortunately the king's daughter has to volunteer. Reluctantly it is decided that she is the only one that is qualified to go. That is the furthest I have gotten and I can't wait to see if it is a smooth transfer then a retaliation with war or if it is going to be a capture and an up in the ransom. Erak's Ransom by John Flannagan
I am currently reading The Maze Runner by James Dashner. This week, Thomas met some of the other boys that live in the Glade. Most of the boys were mean and bullied him, but there was another fairly new boy named Chuck and I think that they are going to become friends. At one point, Thomas walks into a shack and sees a diseased boy, so I think that these boys are in this maze to be protected from a disease or something like that. I wonder why there are only teenage males in the Glade and what these boys’ purpose is. I also think that this story is taking place in the future. Lastly, I think that Thomas is going to change the Glade. I’m not sure if he is going to remember things from his old life or figure out clues as to why the boys are there, but I’m pretty sure Thomas is going to make a difference. So far, this book is both confusing and exciting I am enjoying it. Laurel Kirk(174 words)
I just finished the second book in the Graceling series, Fire, by Kristin Cashore. I enjoyed this book very much, but I am mad at the author for killing one of my favorite characters, Archer, and almost killing another character. I am seeing a reoccurring theme in Cashore's books; where the main character is most likely a strong independent young women who saves the day in the end and falls in love. This book ended with a bit of confusion for me, but slowly all the pieces came together and I understood what had happened. The author does a really great job at making something bad happen that twists the whole story around, and it makes you want more.
i am reading The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. This book is really interesting and emotional. a lot if things happen in this book. You also think a lot of things may happen when it doesn't. So far in this book that i am reading a lot of sad things are said and done. Like near the end Hazel Grace goes to the hospital because her oxygen tank stops working and its because she has leukemia and she almost dies. Another thing is that Augustus Waters is at a gas station in his car and he calls Hazel for help she calls the hospital but Augustus doesn't want to go. Good thing he went because he found out because the cancer spread from his leg to his whole body.
I am reading the book The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. In chapter 6 it was a lot of talking until about the end of the chapter. When Percy met Annabeth so she could show him the rest of the camp. They were walking around and met Clarisse a daughter of Ares, the god of war. They took Percy into the bathroom and were about to dip his head in the toilet water. At this point I was laughing because the next thing that had happened was the toilet water was exploding from each toilet all onto the “bullies” or the daughters of Ares. They called Percy the lord of the bathroom. This chapter was very boring but then began getting hilarious towards the end. Earlier when they were talking about capture the flag that night where they fight and play. Annabeth at the end of the chapter said “I want you on my team “. (foreshadowing)
My book is Theodore Boone: The Accused by John Grisham. I read about how Theo is getting framed for a crime he didn't commit. The police got a warrant to his house but found nothing. I think that since the cops haven't found the rest of the goods, they should at least notice that Theo's being framed. i want to know about Pete Duffy, but there is still no word of him. He and his uncle discussed theories for Pete Duffy getting away. I formed my own theory about Pete's escape. I think that Duffy sneaked away on a scooter or bike to a friend who had a truck waiting for him, they then made their way south and got costumes and new licenses. They then tried to get out of the country. I also read that Ike( Theo's Uncle) thought that one of Mrs. Boone's clients had done this to him, as she/he did not like her advice for a divorce. I think that it is a possible plan but it could be easily traced by the cops. I don't think they would do that.
I am still reading Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos I have now read up until chapter 13. At this point in the story a H**ls Angels biker uncontrollably danced into Norvelt via the middle of the road and died when a cement truck ran him over. Now that the biker has died of dancing Mr. Volker the town heath professional and newspaper editor believes that the town will be infected by a mental plague that will make them dance to their death which Mr. Volker said happened to people in 1347. Was this a real plague? The H**ls Angels bikers have also vowed to attack the town because they think he was murdered. I am interested to read further and find out whether or not they will attack the town.
The Chronicles of Narnia I am reading The Silver Chair by C. S. Lewis. The plot of this novel is slow paced, as I have not quite been able to connect to the characters just yet. The one time I did connect to a character was when Scrubb saw King Caspian in his old age. It made me sad too because he was in the past two books of the series (Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader). Eustace Scrubb seems like a jerk and Jill is just trying to make sense of all the talking animals in Narnia. It is frustrating to know her thoughts and her questions, when you already know the answer. Lewis does know how to set the setting. He is very descriptive as it makes you actually feel like you’re in his own world, Narnia.
My book is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. This chapter was about how Hazel and Augustus going to meet Hazel’s favorite author. She always wanted to meet him, but she has already used her cancer wish, which is the wish that cancer people get where they get to go wherever they want on vacation before they die. Augustus loved her so much that he used his wish for her and I thought that was so cute. So, they get to France and he paid for their dinner at a fancy restaurant. I thought that was nice. The touching part was when the waiter at their table was so nice because he know they were cancer patients. The next day, they went to meet the author and he was discourteous and offensive and he said that the reason why he was so rude to them was because they get to special treatment from people because they have cancer. Obviously they have special treatment because they are about to die and they feel depressed because they all know that they are highly likely all going to die. That isn’t a good feeling. She was really angry that her favorite author is just another stuck up author that thinks that he knows everything. Now they are in a relationship and they are just in the best kind of love there is. I am almost at the climax. -237 words
I am reading the book Divergent by Veronica Roth. Tris has finally made it into Divergent. She went from being into the bottom into being about half way up in the rankings. But before Tris made it into Divergent she had to take the final exam. The final exam would consist of multiple events allowing people to see into her head. The different events were things that she was afraid of and that she had to overcome. She had to overcome the problems by thinking like a Divergent, and not pass it to easily. If she did pass it easily they would know that she was Divergent.
I'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and to be honest the beginning of the book confuses me to no end. I believe that the problem for me is understanding how they, as in the characters, speak to one another. As I got futher and further in to the book I began to understand some of the words that they say and I can relate that to modern English. As I begin to understand the book more the more that I like it. It is honestly kind of like a blast from a past that I have never nor will ever go to. Some of the things that Mr. Darcy says are true to every word and the meaning that they hold is spectacular. There is also, most likely a moral behind the story but I have yet to discorver it though I hope that I do soon. I'm about half way into the book and I cann't wait to finish it.
So I am about half way through the book Hatchet by Gary Paulsen and I've noticed how much imagery Pauslen uses. Every chapter I've read has felt like I have actually been there, like I was in the plane crash and trying to survive with Brian, the main character. In every chapter, Brian has metioned something about a "Secret." This brings a lot of questions and suspense to the story, and the fact that the word "Secret" is capitalized in the story. What is Brian's mom hiding? Is she the reason for the "Divorce?" Does Brian's dad know about the "Secret?" Will his dad ever know? Will Brian ever make it out of the woods alive? Is he ever to see his mom and dad again or any of his friends?
I am still reading Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff. I am just about to finish. Right now, Hollis Woods is deciding whether or not to go back to Josie’s or stay at Steven’s winter house. As the story progresses, Hollis’s flashbacks become more sad and easier to understand. I relate so much to this story, because my family hosted two children from Ukraine, and they had to go back. (We did end up adopting them though.) Reading about Hollis Woods, I can understand the emotions she and Josie are put through. Hollis knows she will have leave Josie. She has finally found a place she feels she belongs and now she might have to leave. By, Grace K. Ehlers
I am reading "broken lines" by James Hunt. I just finished the second chapter and its getting more exciting as it progresses. In the second chapter the two main characters have to help some people that got stuck in the elevator when the power went out. I really like this book because you never know what's going to happen next unlike a lot of books. Another thing I like about it is that it jumped right into the action instead of having a long back story at the beginning.I think that this book is going to be non-stop action from beginning to end.
I am reading The House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros still. In this chapter she talks about a this new person that moved into this house. His name is Juan, but he tells everyone his name is Meme Ortiz. Why doesn't he wanna go by his real name? If you ask me Meme Oritz sounds like a girl nickname or something. She then talks about how the house looks inside & what's by it. They had a tree that they chose for the First Annual Tarzan Jumping Contest. Meme won , but also broke both hands ! It makes me wonder what happened & how intense is that game?? It sounds fun, but then it doesn't.
I am reading the book Fade by Lisa Mcmann. This book contains amazing imagery so you feel as if you are in the book. This book is very dramatic in the way it describes events in the story. The jaw dropping suspense that the plot carries is the most I think I have ever seen in a book. It is packed with loads of dramatic decisions that the characters face and actions that could change the plot in a matter of minutes. The main characters are forced to make decisions that could harm them very severely or could possibly harm those around or even the ones they love most. Although the book may at times seem confusing, the light will eventually shine on the subject and it will become very clear, and then you are left wondering what will the character do in order to resolve the issue at hand. Overall it is a great book and is guaranteed to keep you intrigued and left wanting more.
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl. So when he met the girl he soon didn’t know that he was going to become a vampire, and that she was a vampire at all. He also is still wondering why she was standing in the road and why she hesitated to go with him when he asked her to come , so he can drop her off at her house. When they finally got to school that day the students were picking on both of them because she was weird and he was hanging with her. So I recommend this book to anyone out there.
I am still reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. The characters are Santiago and the merchant. They were also sheep, but the sheep either had to stay or get rid of them. There were sad times in the section and good times. The people travel all around the places. They are soon to be near the pyramids. The section talks about how God is with you and helps you through things that you are having trouble. There is dreaming involved that has to do with where he has to go to. Two months later the story got better because Santiago might get more sheep if he can. This place will be traveling in to Spain later on. By Anastasia Ehlers
Name: Matthew Fowler Book: The Hunt for the Red October Author: Tom Clancy
The book is starting to heat up now and I am well past the exposition. I have also figured out that the inciting moment for the book was when Captain Ramius sent the letter to the Soviet Navy Command and when he killed the political officer. But just like in the movie the book is hitting all the key plot lines the same way other then a few alterations here and there in the book, which is to be expected. I also got to meet Jack Ryan, which is the person who will be hunting the Red October down later on in the book. Though it kind of bores me because I have seen movie so many times that I can recall all the events that are going to occur from memory. But I do enjoy the little side stories the book has to offer, which helps me learn more back ground on the primary and some of the secondary characters. Other then that I have nothing else to report about the book for this week.
I am currently reading "2nd Chance" by James Patterson. I think the team is having trouble because the clues are not making sense. I think the shooter knew what he was doing because he was vey precise. So far, it seems like the shooter must be a very good planner and very intelligent. I would have thought he would have gotten caught when he was trying to get away. He must have had a really good escape plan not have been seen. The team works good together by brainstorming, which helps me get ideas too. They seem stumped but they talk and talk until ideas come to them. So far they think it's just one shooter and that it is a man. But, they think he might be part of a gang...
I am still reading "A Heart Divided" by Kathleen Morgan. I just finished reading chapter 10, and it was such an important chapter. Sarah and Cord's families do not like each other at all. There is so much tension, because of old family history. However, Cord and Sarah fall in love, despite what anybody has to say. I thought this chapter was very sweet, because they decided to ignore their families, and allow them to live with the fact that they are in love. I also think they should be careful, because what if they break up? There would be even more tension in the family, and also anger. Not only that, but what if Sarah's father gets angry with Cord and does something he would regret? These are things I have asked myself while reading this chapter, and I hope by the end of the book I will have all of my answers.
Heartbeat by Sharon creech max and Annie both joined the track team and are still having silly races to the bench I have no idea why it must be an internal competition. It is grandpas birthday and Annie is giving grandpa a booklet of him on different days just like she is doing so with the apple. Grandpa gives Annie thirteen envelopes, they are a rainbow of colors. What's inside of them? Why does he not want Annie to open them? Finally Annie's mother is having the BABY but she goes into long painful hours of labor. The baby finally comes out but it is motionless. Why? How can it not be alive when it was just moving and it's heart was beating? It's a human baby finally I know that now
Kyle Oldham. Violets are Blue, by James Patterson. I will be telling you about chapter 16 in this blog. Right at the end of chapter 15 the killers had struck again! The victims were hung by their feet again too so Alex and Jamilla knew it was the same people who killed the others, when the two partners arrived the city police had made a mess of the place there were foot prints everywhere and Alex could tell it was the first big homicide they had been to. The house was very big and the two victims were hung upside-down from a rack used to hold copper pots, and most of their blood was drained. By this point I know there are vampires in this book but sadly Alex and Jamilla don’t.
I am still reading The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty. I was extremely excited and surprised by what happened while reading the novel. I was at a point in the book where Regan's 'possessor' was speaking with the psychiatrist while under hypnosis, and she was saying some crazy things. For the first time ever, in my whole life, I turned around to see if anyone one was behind me in that moment. For the first time in my whole life, I was creeped out from a book. I was so glad that I was having such and exciting and great time reading this book. In the story, Chris and the doctors are all disturbed by Regan's behavior and they have never really seen or heard of anything like this. The psychiatrist decides its best to send Regan to a place where they can study her mental and physical health. I swear it feels like every page of the book just gets more exciting then the last, its great! Sorry that this is late by the way :( hope you can forgive me, it won't happen again!
I have finished reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. It has been an interesting adventure. It turns out that the Earth was just a giant computer to find the Question to Life, the Universe, and Everything, but because it was destroyed, the Question wasn't solved. I feel sorry for Arthur; he's just a simple bloke now on a spaceship going throughout the galaxy. I don't know what will happen to him or the rest of the crew, but I will be reading the sequel, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, for my next blog book, so I will get more adventures from them.
I am reading a book titled Wonder by R.J, Palacio. Throughout the book, I'm noticing changes in August and the people around him. I liked how the story isn't just from August's point of view, but instead it is separated into parts, and each part is narrated from a different character's perspective. I like this change because you can see how August's friends are changing and are realizing that he's just a normal fifth-grade boy on the inside. Also, not only are his friends modifying, but also his sister's friends too, like Miranda and Justin. I hope the ending of the book will be as happy and positive as it is to other readers.
They book i was reading is called Cirque De Freak:Tunnels of Blood by Darren Shan. I felt that the book was good and that in some parts were romantic. At the end the vampaneze Murlough caught Darren and Evra. He hurt Evra by peeling his snake scales. He also was going to kill them but then, Darren told him that if Murlough killed him the Vampire Generals would kill him for killing a Vampire. At the end Murlough was ticked and he was killed by Mr. Crepsley from a cut into his stomach. Murlough tried to heal it be putting spite in it because vampire spite heals open wounds in seconds but, the wound was to big and he died. Later Darren made sure he did not break his promise to Debbie so he quick decorated the Christmas tree and then he took a picture of Debbie and he said it would go in his memories were he had his Sister,Parents, and his dear old gone friend Sam. Then both of the vampires went back to the sewers to go rescue Evra.
I am still reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. It left off with Hasan and Colin going on a road trip to help Colin get over his break up with Katherine the ninteenth. I think a road trip would be great to get over a break up but some may think it wouldn't be a good way. They were at a rest stop sleeping from their long drive, they are both sleeping until Hasan wakes up and kicks Colin's seat because he felt cramped in the back seat. He wakes Colin and they both get out to use the restroom and just to get fresh air. When Colin went to the bathroom there was writings on the stalls and he was observing them. Once he left the bathroom he saw Hasan sitting at a little table doing something to it.Colin walked over and was going to see what he was doing. Hasan was recarving words that were on the table that were rather offensive. He recarved it to say something totally different and less offensive. If that were me, I wouldn't have been able to recarve it.I most likely would have just scratched it out as well as I could because I do not have the skill of recarving things. After he recarved it, Colin said everything reminded him of Katherine the nineteenth. Hasan said it was a terrible thing that everything reminded him of her, so they had to leave Pudach, Kentucky and hit the road again. As they road along Hasan saw a sign that said The World's Largest Wooden Crucifix and really wanted to go see it but Colin said no. They fussed about it only for a short period of time then they sped pass the crucifix. Hasan was upset that he didn't get to see it but he learned that the world's largest crucifix was in Kentucky. I think the story is starting to slow down more and take time with its progress. I am totally loving the story so far and the flow of it, I believe that I am still in the beginning of the rising action. I can't wait to continue reading the book and go along with their journey.
I'm still reading the book The Giver by Lois Lowry . Jonas, the main character, reports to the Annex of the House of the Old for his first day of training. That is where he gets his first memory about the past. Jonas’ dad took a child from his job because he checks if the child comes into the community. The baby’s name is Gabriel and if the child does not pass the test, Jonas’s dad gives it, they will “release” it. Jonas’s mother, works at the Department of Justice. The dad is a very caring character, while the mom really doesn’t seem to care about the baby. For example, when the baby cries, the dad is the one to help him.(122)
I am now reading Little Pilgrim's Progress. It is by Helen L. Taylor. So far, I have read that there is a little boy who first hears about the Celestial City. When he was hearing the story, it was about a King who rules it and is far far away from where they lived. One day the little boy was playing in the field where evangelist would walk by, this is how he heard the story of the Celestial City. The guy said that there was this Book and might of said things about burdens. A girl named Christina did not believe the stories from the Book. Other boys would tease the little boy but not Christina, she was nice and gentle. Christina asked the little boy "Where is your burden?" (page 13) He replied, "It is on my back, and it feels so heavy that is makes me too tired to play." (page 13) The little boy likes Christina because she is kind, unlike the others.
Upon further reading through the book Things have started to get a whole lot more interesting. I'm talking about chapter two,you can clearly see the book there.For example, Meg is phased out of the world so to speak into oblivion.All this happened when Charles came in and said “This is it kiddies,” only being two years old this is extremely odd coming from him. According to Charles Wallace he thinks they are going to go find his father, whom disappeared while ago and is the main conflict of the story. I am looking forward to reading the next part because the story has been slow up until now.
In the book The Titans Curse, by Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson goes on a quest to save a girl, named Annabeth. Thalia a girl, who is the daughter of Zeus, goes on a quest to save the goddess Artemis. Artemis has been captured by the Titan Lord, Kronos. My personal favorite part of this book is when Bianca di Anglo almost faints because Grover the satyr takes off his fake feet to show that he is really part goat. This one of my personal favorite series. The way Rick Riordan writes, just MAKES you keep reading! If you liked the Percy Jackson series, then try the Heroes of Olympus series and/or The Kane Chronicles.
ReplyDelete- Sydni Simpson (119 words)
This week, I continued to read Enders Game by Orson Scott Card. The setting was in the Battle School when I started reading again but then it shifted to Earth. By the time I stopped reading, Ender had moved to the Command School. He went to Command School because he graduated from battle school and demonstrated that he was good at leadership.
ReplyDeleteThere were many conflicts while he was in Battle School. There were fewer in the other settings. I believe that there was an internal conflict while he was on Earth because he mentioned that he liked being there and how much he enjoyed it there but he had to go to Command School. I believe he thought about staying on Earth.
Many conflicts occurred at Battle School because Ender had to participate in many “games” or fights so the teachers could see how he performed. The teachers were frequently changing the rules to decrease his odds of winning and test his abilities. There were times that Ender had to fight two teams at the same time. I am still in the rising action portion of the plot. This makes it hard for me to stop reading.
Ender only has about 5 years to learn everything about commanding an army and then he will have to lead an army to attack the home world of the Buggers, which is what they call an alien species that they believe is their enemy.
The City of Ember by Jeanne Duprau
ReplyDeleteI’m still reading Chapter Four, The City of Ember. I was kind of bored with chapter four because it is the main characters talking about their personal lives. For example, Lina was a messenger for several weeks. Lina is a very emotional, because she is always worried. Her only friend she has is her granny. Granny is very supportive of Lina. Granny is in her mid-seventies. But, she is not aware of what she’s doing. Her Granny possibly has Alzheimer’s disease. Lina just tries to help Granny remember, but she’s not really that worried about it.
Getting much better! Just a little more of your own thoughts.
DeleteI am still reading Old Yeller by Fred Gipson. I just finished Chapter Six and I still enjoy it so far. The setting takes place at a log cabin on Birdsong Creek in Texas. I think that the main characters are very poor; they lived off the land and they have plenty of wild game to hunt and kill. The Dad went to herd cattle from Texas to Abilene, Kansas. The Mom has to be really strong to take care of Travis and Arliss. When I think about the setting, I picture dust flying everywhere, animals running around, and hot, muggy weather. Word Count (102)
ReplyDeleteA wrinkle in time
ReplyDeleteBy: Madeleine l’engle
When Calvin was talking to Meg about her father and how he worked as a physicist Meg seemed to be upset. She did not like the fact that her father was gone and that she did not know where her father is at. I would be upset if I did not know were my father was, but I would have not tried to run away from Calvin. Meg kept trying to get away from Calvin because she did not want to hear about her father. If that was me I would have wanted to hear about my father because I would have been upset if I was not informed about him. When Meg finally sat down she stared to cry and Calvin told her it is good to cry. I would have cry too because I would hold all my sadness in so I would not be so upset at times.
I’m still reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman. All of Mia’s relatives are in the waiting room, but the strange thing is, no one was asking about Teddy. It was like he just disappeared out of their minds or something. Mia’s best friend Kim came with her mom to figure out what happened to Mia. Kim’s mom started to sob all of a sudden. While she was crying, Kim went for a walk to some room that is meant for church. If y’all didn't know, Kim and her family are Jewish. She spent a lot of time down in the room praying and talking to Mia; even though she knows that she can’t see her. Mia has some kind of a flashback and starts talking about how they became best friends. I hope Teddy isn't dead though. He was one of my favorite characters even though we knew him only for a little bit of time. I'm still wondering if Adam will ever come and visit Mia or if he even knows what had happened.
ReplyDeleteI’m still reading Ender’s game by Orson Scott Card, and I just finished Chapters Five and Six. I would consider this a Science Fiction book because the setting takes place on earth and in Space. Ender Wiggins is a very smart character, so he was recruited to battle school. He really enjoys battle school, but people bully him. Most of the time, he just ignores them. He has one friend named Shen who also was bullied. They train to fight together. They get along together because Ender defended him. So far, I’m still enjoying the book because it is very descriptive and i like how they are in space and stuff.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteContinued from the last blog, I’m still reading Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. Hugo’s talent (clockkeeper) ran in the family. When he visited his father (inventor) in the clock shop, he watched him grow restless as he made little mechanical animals out of the little bits of clock pieces lying around. Hugo asked his dad to see the automation, and his father snuck him into the museum attic. Up in the attic, Hugo saw broken model ships, heads of statues, old signs, and piles of shattered doors. At last, Hugo saw a mechanical man(automation) his father was building that needed to be fixed, but it was beautiful anyway. His father had filled the notebooks with drawings of the automation. All of the sudden, Hugo’s father became obsessed and frustrated with it(automation ). It started smoking and Uncle Claude (Timekeeper) took Hugo in because his father died, and he wants Hugo to fix the automation. What I think about this chapter is okay, but interesting. (163 words)
Grace, great length, but I want to hear more of your voice, too!
DeleteYesterday, I read some parts of chapter five in the book called “Outbreak” by Robert Tine. The chapter wasn’t good, it was just okay. This chapter involved Daniels that acts as if he was the leader of the group and his boss, General Ford, was an unforgivable old man (in my opinion). He wants to go on a mission, but Ford won’t let him because he was afraid that Daniels didn’t know what he was doing. There was so much chaos about the Africans getting diseases and viruses that I thought it might be one of the most deadly diseases in the world (if they are real). The story also became long and boring and the chapter isn’t as horrific and bloody as I wanted it to be (128 words).
ReplyDeleteI am currently reading the book "The Inner Circle" by Kate Brian. I am currently on the last chapters of the book. Over the course of the book there have been a lot of drama. To summarize the book there is a girl named Reed who is a junior in a prestigious private school. Last year her boyfriend got mistreated by some of her classmates. She didn't think that she'd want to come back to the school, but she does this year. So far Reed has meet a bunch of new people and a new roommate named Sabine. Reed doesn't like a girl named Cheyenne because she stole her boyfriend. I personally don't like this book because it has a bunch of relationship drama which I don't feel is necessary. Also I don't think there is much adventure which makes this book bland. This book makes too many remarks about people being better than others which I don't like, I feel like girls especially adolescents should read books that are positive. Although there are negative aspects about this book, there are some positiveness. The positive things in this book are that Reed stands up to the bully Cheyenne and says that anyone should be able to live in the Billings dormitory.
ReplyDeleteI am reading The Outsiders by S.E Hinton. I feel that Ponyboy has changed a lot since the beginning of the book. For example Ponyboy thought all Socs where stuck up rich kids that never went through the troubles like Greasers have. Now he changed the way he looks at Socs ever since Ponyboy and Cherry Valance had the talk one night at the movies. What I like so far is that Randy a Soc thinks the same way as Ponyboy since his best friend Bob died. I hope Johnny doesn’t die because he is in critical condition and even if he does live he will be paralyzed for life.
ReplyDeleteThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green. (Chapter six and seven) Chapter six is about how Augustus wanted to take Hazel to Amsterdam as her wish to go there. I like that Augustus wants to make Hazel's one wish come true. There was this girl that was stuck in Hazel's head that had a type of cancer, brain cancer. She died a year ago and her name was called Caroline Mathers. I dislike that this girl had brain cancer and died a year ago. Also Hazel told her parents that she was a grenade and could be gone anytime soon. I dislike and think that it is sad because she could be gone in a second of the day. Chapter seven is about Hazel going to the hospital because she had a bad headache which made her lungs fill up with a fluid, a liter and a half. This is sad that her headache is affecting her lungs. I dislike that she has cancer in her lungs. She had to stay in the hospital for six days which I think stinks for her. I like and did not know that sleeping fights cancer which Hazel's doctor told her. I like that Augustus came to visit Hazel in the hospital. I dislike that he said she can not go to Amsterdam until she gets better. I like that Augustus is watching out for Hazel.
ReplyDeleteI am continuing to read "Just Another Hero" by Sharon Draper. Arielle is in science class right now and is thinking back to the past of when she would treat her friend from middle school named November Nelson like a worthless toy, just because she became pregnant out of wedlock she will be saying things like your fat and ugly, unfortunately because of that she has not been to school for a year while carrying her child, but she finally arrived back to school and when she did she entered the same science class as Arielle she dropped her enrollment sheet on the science teacher's desk Miss Pringle asked who she was November and that she just had a child, the reason why she stayed out of school for months. After she settled into the class a table next to Arielle's lab table. I feel that Arielle an November are holding a grudge and November shouldn't give Arielle the time of day cause it's not worth it she deserves to be shunned because how she treated her was really heartless, I think Arielle is a backstabber but at the same time i feel that November shouldn't of gotten pregnant in the first place and would of been more responsible and abstinent or at least finish her education before she has a child, I'll suggest.
ReplyDeleteI changed my book and am now reading by James Dashner. This is the second book of the Maze Runner series, and I really like it. It takes place in the future right after the boys and Teresa escape the maze. My favorite part of the book so far is when Tomas tries to speak to Teresa telepathically after she went missing. She seems to have forgotten him making him worry because her title was the betrayer. I love this book because it teaches that kids can act mature and get things done if they want to. It also has a strong female character.
ReplyDeleteTitle?
DeleteI am reading The Fault in our Stars by John Green. In chapter five, it starts out with Hazel and Augustus talking about the wishes they got from Make A Wish foundation. Hazel used her wish when she was twelve to go to Disney but Augustus still had his. Hazel told him that she has always wanted to meet Peter Van Houten, the author of her favorite book, An Imperial Affliction. Augustus then says that he would love to give Hazel her wish so that she and her Mom could go to Amsterdam to meet him. I thought that it was really sweet when AAugustus offered to do this because it was really selfless of him. I am really looking forward to seeing how their Amsterdam trip goes. (128 words) Erica Kozmic 1B
ReplyDeleteThe Maze Runner
ReplyDeleteBy: James Dashner
I finished in the last blog with Alby starting the Changing just as Thomas and Minho got back from surviving the night in the maze. Newt explains to Thomas that the Changing brings back fragments of memory from the past, before they were put in the maze. Newt called a Gathering so that the keepers could decide what Thomas’ punishment will be for entering the maze, breaking the number one rule. At the end of the Gathering, it was decided that Thomas would spend a day in the jail for punishment. What does the jail look like? It was also decided that Thomas would become a runner. Just as the meeting was closing, Chuck said that Alby was awake and wanted to talk to Thomas. As Alby talks to Thomas, he says that he remembers who Thomas is and knows what the Flare is, but before he could say anything else, he started to choke himself. Thomas and Newt held Alby down until he went back to sleep and stopped fighting. What had controlled Alby? What was he going to say? Newt decides to take Thomas to look at the girl to see if Thomas can remember anything about her. Suddenly, the girl speaks to Thomas in his head, telepathically, saying that her and Thomas can pass the trials and that they did this to the Gladers while still in a coma. Thomas freaks out and runs out of the Homestead and into the maze. How can this girl speak to Thomas in his head? Where is Thomas going?
Bradley, you've definitely met the length, as always. However, if I had to choose, I would prefer to have less words and more of your thoughts rather than more words and less of your thoughts. Also, try telling me what you think about what is happening rather than ONLY asking questions, although, questions are good, too! Come see me if you need help.
DeleteDrive-By
ReplyDeleteBy: Harper Trophy
Today I read a little section of chapter 2. Today I found out that Jimmy could have been someone’s ace man. This could be the reason he was shot, but I don’t know hopefully I’ll find out soon. Well Tito and his Mom, and Sister attended Jimmy’s funeral it was a lot of TV reporters there. I guess because the TV stations donated money for the funeral, and they decided they could just put their cameras all in Tito, Mina, and Tito’s mothers face. Well this is mostly all I read today, I really ready to keep reading and find out if Jimmy was someone’s ace man.
CJ Moore
4B
Hello again, Mrs. Watson. The book I am currently reading once again is titled Flawless by Sara Shepard. I am now on Chapter 8 and the book has fully intrigued me. I am definitely in the rising action of the plot right now. The chapters are short so I am probably in the middle of the beginning of the rising action. I have been introduced to some other characters. Toby, who is the town “delinquent” although he never has actually done anything wrong, he is just always in the wrong place at the wrong time, and Ezra Fitz, who is the English teacher at Rosewood High where all the main characters are attending. Although Aria is Mr. Fitz’s student, they met each other in a bar a few days before school started and had a fling. Now, it is obviously awkward between the two of them even though there are still feelings there. I have also determined the conflict in this story. There is an anonymous source who is badgering the 4 girls who goes by the synonym “a”. The girls do not know who this person is, but the person knows everything about the girls and their lives and secrets they have never told anyone before and follow the girls wherever they go. They are all really scared and on the edge of their seats constantly. The suspense that the “a” texts deliver to the readers is crazy. I never thought I would be as absorbed into a book as I am with this one. I keep the pages turning because I want to find out who “A” is!
ReplyDeleteI am reading I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. The Setting is now a small town in Ohio because the Mogdorians, the antogonists, like to be in larger cities. The main character, John, has developed a rlove interest, Sarah, who is also the ex-girlfriend of the jock thet he has a problem with. John is still developing his legacies, and is being helped by his keeper, Henri. John is developing the power of Lumen. It is the power to resist fire, and he will not burn from contact to fire. He and Henri opened the Loric chest and pulled out a Loric stone. When John’s hands tuhed the stone it light up. It was becouse of his developing powers. He had a daydream about his ancestors on Lorein. He saw them batteling the Mogadorians. Henri believes the Mogadorians are on Earth not only to find the Loric survivers, but to take over the planet. I want to know if the Mogadorians will find the remaining Loric survivors. Will the relatonship beween Sarah and John develop? If so, would he tell her that he is an alien?
ReplyDeleteBig surprise! As soon as Erak's boat landed they were surrounded by the Arridi the people of the town they were going to raid. All the crew members are released except for Erak. It is relayed to Will by his first mate that the only way to get Erak out of jail is to pay a ransom. Will offers to go and represent the king and so does Halt. Unfortunately however they are not the formal representatives. So unfortunately the king's daughter has to volunteer. Reluctantly it is decided that she is the only one that is qualified to go. That is the furthest I have gotten and I can't wait to see if it is a smooth transfer then a retaliation with war or if it is going to be a capture and an up in the ransom.
ReplyDeleteErak's Ransom by John Flannagan
I am currently reading The Maze Runner by James Dashner. This week, Thomas met some of the other boys that live in the Glade. Most of the boys were mean and bullied him, but there was another fairly new boy named Chuck and I think that they are going to become friends. At one point, Thomas walks into a shack and sees a diseased boy, so I think that these boys are in this maze to be protected from a disease or something like that. I wonder why there are only teenage males in the Glade and what these boys’ purpose is. I also think that this story is taking place in the future. Lastly, I think that Thomas is going to change the Glade. I’m not sure if he is going to remember things from his old life or figure out clues as to why the boys are there, but I’m pretty sure Thomas is going to make a difference. So far, this book is both confusing and exciting I am enjoying it.
ReplyDeleteLaurel Kirk(174 words)
I just finished the second book in the Graceling series, Fire, by Kristin Cashore. I enjoyed this book very much, but I am mad at the author for killing one of my favorite characters, Archer, and almost killing another character. I am seeing a reoccurring theme in Cashore's books; where the main character is most likely a strong independent young women who saves the day in the end and falls in love. This book ended with a bit of confusion for me, but slowly all the pieces came together and I understood what had happened. The author does a really great job at making something bad happen that twists the whole story around, and it makes you want more.
ReplyDeletei am reading The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. This book is really interesting and emotional. a lot if things happen in this book. You also think a lot of things may happen when it doesn't. So far in this book that i am reading a lot of sad things are said and done. Like near the end Hazel Grace goes to the hospital because her oxygen tank stops working and its because she has leukemia and she almost dies. Another thing is that Augustus Waters is at a gas station in his car and he calls Hazel for help she calls the hospital but Augustus doesn't want to go. Good thing he went because he found out because the cancer spread from his leg to his whole body.
ReplyDeleteI am reading the book The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. In chapter 6 it was a lot of talking until about the end of the chapter. When Percy met Annabeth so she could show him the rest of the camp. They were walking around and met Clarisse a daughter of Ares, the god of war. They took Percy into the bathroom and were about to dip his head in the toilet water. At this point I was laughing because the next thing that had happened was the toilet water was exploding from each toilet all onto the “bullies” or the daughters of Ares. They called Percy the lord of the bathroom. This chapter was very boring but then began getting hilarious towards the end. Earlier when they were talking about capture the flag that night where they fight and play. Annabeth at the end of the chapter said “I want you on my team “. (foreshadowing)
ReplyDeleteMy book is Theodore Boone: The Accused by John Grisham. I read about how Theo is getting framed for a crime he didn't commit. The police got a warrant to his house but found nothing. I think that since the cops haven't found the rest of the goods, they should at least notice that Theo's being framed. i want to know about Pete Duffy, but there is still no word of him. He and his uncle discussed theories for Pete Duffy getting away. I formed my own theory about Pete's escape. I think that Duffy sneaked away on a scooter or bike to a friend who had a truck waiting for him, they then made their way south and got costumes and new licenses. They then tried to get out of the country. I also read that Ike( Theo's Uncle) thought that one of Mrs. Boone's clients had done this to him, as she/he did not like her advice for a divorce. I think that it is a possible plan but it could be easily traced by the cops. I don't think they would do that.
ReplyDeleteI am still reading Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos I have now read up until chapter 13. At this point in the story a H**ls Angels biker uncontrollably danced into Norvelt via the middle of the road and died when a cement truck ran him over. Now that the biker has died of dancing Mr. Volker the town heath professional and newspaper editor believes that the town will be infected by a mental plague that will make them dance to their death which Mr. Volker said happened to people in 1347. Was this a real plague? The H**ls Angels bikers have also vowed to attack the town because they think he was murdered. I am interested to read further and find out whether or not they will attack the town.
ReplyDeleteThe Chronicles of Narnia
ReplyDeleteI am reading The Silver Chair by C. S. Lewis. The plot of this novel is slow paced, as I have not quite been able to connect to the characters just yet. The one time I did connect to a character was when Scrubb saw King Caspian in his old age. It made me sad too because he was in the past two books of the series (Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader). Eustace Scrubb seems like a jerk and Jill is just trying to make sense of all the talking animals in Narnia. It is frustrating to know her thoughts and her questions, when you already know the answer. Lewis does know how to set the setting. He is very descriptive as it makes you actually feel like you’re in his own world, Narnia.
My book is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. This chapter was about how Hazel and Augustus going to meet Hazel’s favorite author. She always wanted to meet him, but she has already used her cancer wish, which is the wish that cancer people get where they get to go wherever they want on vacation before they die. Augustus loved her so much that he used his wish for her and I thought that was so cute. So, they get to France and he paid for their dinner at a fancy restaurant. I thought that was nice. The touching part was when the waiter at their table was so nice because he know they were cancer patients. The next day, they went to meet the author and he was discourteous and offensive and he said that the reason why he was so rude to them was because they get to special treatment from people because they have cancer. Obviously they have special treatment because they are about to die and they feel depressed because they all know that they are highly likely all going to die. That isn’t a good feeling. She was really angry that her favorite author is just another stuck up author that thinks that he knows everything. Now they are in a relationship and they are just in the best kind of love there is. I am almost at the climax. -237 words
ReplyDeleteI am reading the book Divergent by Veronica Roth. Tris has finally made it into Divergent. She went from being into the bottom into being about half way up in the rankings. But before Tris made it into Divergent she had to take the final exam. The final exam would consist of multiple events allowing people to see into her head. The different events were things that she was afraid of and that she had to overcome. She had to overcome the problems by thinking like a Divergent, and not pass it to easily. If she did pass it easily they would know that she was Divergent.
ReplyDeleteThis is all summary; let me hear your voice come through!
DeleteI'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and to be honest the beginning of the book confuses me to no end. I believe that the problem for me is understanding how they, as in the characters, speak to one another. As I got futher and further in to the book I began to understand some of the words that they say and I can relate that to modern English. As I begin to understand the book more the more that I like it. It is honestly kind of like a blast from a past that I have never nor will ever go to. Some of the things that Mr. Darcy says are true to every word and the meaning that they hold is spectacular. There is also, most likely a moral behind the story but I have yet to discorver it though I hope that I do soon. I'm about half way into the book and I cann't wait to finish it.
ReplyDeleteSo I am about half way through the book Hatchet by Gary Paulsen and I've noticed how much imagery Pauslen uses. Every chapter I've read has felt like I have actually been there, like I was in the plane crash and trying to survive with Brian, the main character. In every chapter, Brian has metioned something about a "Secret." This brings a lot of questions and suspense to the story, and the fact that the word "Secret" is capitalized in the story. What is Brian's mom hiding? Is she the reason for the "Divorce?" Does Brian's dad know about the "Secret?" Will his dad ever know? Will Brian ever make it out of the woods alive? Is he ever to see his mom and dad again or any of his friends?
ReplyDeleteI am still reading Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff. I am just about to finish. Right now, Hollis Woods is deciding whether or not to go back to Josie’s or stay at Steven’s winter house. As the story progresses, Hollis’s flashbacks become more sad and easier to understand. I relate so much to this story, because my family hosted two children from Ukraine, and they had to go back. (We did end up adopting them though.) Reading about Hollis Woods, I can understand the emotions she and Josie are put through. Hollis knows she will have leave Josie. She has finally found a place she feels she belongs and now she might have to leave.
ReplyDeleteBy,
Grace K. Ehlers
I am reading "broken lines" by James Hunt. I just finished the second chapter and its getting more exciting as it progresses. In the second chapter the two main characters have to help some people that got stuck in the elevator when the power went out. I really like this book because you never know what's going to happen next unlike a lot of books. Another thing I like about it is that it jumped right into the action instead of having a long back story at the beginning.I think that this book is going to be non-stop action from beginning to end.
ReplyDeleteI am reading The House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros still. In this chapter she talks about a this new person that moved into this house. His name is Juan, but he tells everyone his name is Meme Ortiz. Why doesn't he wanna go by his real name? If you ask me Meme Oritz sounds like a girl nickname or something. She then talks about how the house looks inside & what's by it. They had a tree that they chose for the First Annual Tarzan Jumping Contest. Meme won , but also broke both hands ! It makes me wonder what happened & how intense is that game?? It sounds fun, but then it doesn't.
ReplyDeleteI am reading the book Fade by Lisa Mcmann. This book contains amazing imagery so you feel as if you are in the book. This book is very dramatic in the way it describes events in the story. The jaw dropping suspense that the plot carries is the most I think I have ever seen in a book. It is packed with loads of dramatic decisions that the characters face and actions that could change the plot in a matter of minutes. The main characters are forced to make decisions that could harm them very severely or could possibly harm those around or even the ones they love most. Although the book may at times seem confusing, the light will eventually shine on the subject and it will become very clear, and then you are left wondering what will the character do in order to resolve the issue at hand. Overall it is a great book and is guaranteed to keep you intrigued and left wanting more.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl. So when he met the girl he soon didn’t know that he was going to become a vampire, and that she was a vampire at all. He also is still wondering why she was standing in the road and why she hesitated to go with him when he asked her to come , so he can drop her off at her house. When they finally got to school that day the students were picking on both of them because she was weird and he was hanging with her. So I recommend this book to anyone out there.
ReplyDeleteJay, I want to hear more of your thoughts rather than just summary. Also, who is "he"?
DeleteI am still reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. The characters are Santiago and the merchant. They were also sheep, but the sheep either had to stay or get rid of them. There were sad times in the section and good times. The people travel all around the places. They are soon to be near the pyramids. The section talks about how God is with you and helps you through things that you are having trouble. There is dreaming involved that has to do with where he has to go to. Two months later the story got better because Santiago might get more sheep if he can. This place will be traveling in to Spain later on.
ReplyDeleteBy Anastasia Ehlers
Anastasia, let me hear more of your own thoughts!
DeleteName: Matthew Fowler
ReplyDeleteBook: The Hunt for the Red October
Author: Tom Clancy
The book is starting to heat up now and I am well past the exposition. I have also figured out that the inciting moment for the book was when Captain Ramius sent the letter to the Soviet Navy Command and when he killed the political officer. But just like in the movie the book is hitting all the key plot lines the same way other then a few alterations here and there in the book, which is to be expected. I also got to meet Jack Ryan, which is the person who will be hunting the Red October down later on in the book. Though it kind of bores me because I have seen movie so many times that I can recall all the events that are going to occur from memory. But I do enjoy the little side stories the book has to offer, which helps me learn more back ground on the primary and some of the secondary characters. Other then that I have nothing else to report about the book for this week.
I am currently reading "2nd Chance" by James Patterson. I think the team is having trouble because the clues are not making sense. I think the shooter knew what he was doing because he was vey precise. So far, it seems like the shooter must be a very good planner and very intelligent. I would have thought he would have gotten caught when he was trying to get away. He must have had a really good escape plan not have been seen. The team works good together by brainstorming, which helps me get ideas too. They seem stumped but they talk and talk until ideas come to them. So far they think it's just one shooter and that it is a man. But, they think he might be part of a gang...
ReplyDeleteI am still reading "A Heart Divided" by Kathleen Morgan. I just finished reading chapter 10, and it was such an important chapter. Sarah and Cord's families do not like each other at all. There is so much tension, because of old family history. However, Cord and Sarah fall in love, despite what anybody has to say. I thought this chapter was very sweet, because they decided to ignore their families, and allow them to live with the fact that they are in love. I also think they should be careful, because what if they break up? There would be even more tension in the family, and also anger. Not only that, but what if Sarah's father gets angry with Cord and does something he would regret? These are things I have asked myself while reading this chapter, and I hope by the end of the book I will have all of my answers.
ReplyDeleteHeartbeat by Sharon creech max and Annie both joined the track team and are still having silly races to the bench I have no idea why it must be an internal competition. It is grandpas birthday and Annie is giving grandpa a booklet of him on different days just like she is doing so with the apple. Grandpa gives Annie thirteen envelopes, they are a rainbow of colors. What's inside of them? Why does he not want Annie to open them? Finally Annie's mother is having the BABY but she goes into long painful hours of labor. The baby finally comes out but it is motionless. Why? How can it not be alive when it was just moving and it's heart was beating? It's a human baby finally I know that now
ReplyDeleteKyle Oldham. Violets are Blue, by James Patterson. I will be telling you about chapter 16 in this blog. Right at the end of chapter 15 the killers had struck again! The victims were hung by their feet again too so Alex and Jamilla knew it was the same people who killed the others, when the two partners arrived the city police had made a mess of the place there were foot prints everywhere and Alex could tell it was the first big homicide they had been to. The house was very big and the two victims were hung upside-down from a rack used to hold copper pots, and most of their blood was drained. By this point I know there are vampires in this book but sadly Alex and Jamilla don’t.
ReplyDeleteKyle, I want to hear more of your own thoughts and ideas!
DeleteI am still reading The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty. I was extremely excited and surprised by what happened while reading the novel. I was at a point in the book where Regan's 'possessor' was speaking with the psychiatrist while under hypnosis, and she was saying some crazy things. For the first time ever, in my whole life, I turned around to see if anyone one was behind me in that moment. For the first time in my whole life, I was creeped out from a book. I was so glad that I was having such and exciting and great time reading this book. In the story, Chris and the doctors are all disturbed by Regan's behavior and they have never really seen or heard of anything like this. The psychiatrist decides its best to send Regan to a place where they can study her mental and physical health. I swear it feels like every page of the book just gets more exciting then the last, its great! Sorry that this is late by the way :( hope you can forgive me, it won't happen again!
ReplyDeleteI forgive you : )
DeleteI have finished reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. It has been an interesting adventure. It turns out that the Earth was just a giant computer to find the Question to Life, the Universe, and Everything, but because it was destroyed, the Question wasn't solved. I feel sorry for Arthur; he's just a simple bloke now on a spaceship going throughout the galaxy. I don't know what will happen to him or the rest of the crew, but I will be reading the sequel, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, for my next blog book, so I will get more adventures from them.
ReplyDeleteI am reading a book titled Wonder by R.J, Palacio. Throughout the book, I'm noticing changes in August and the people around him. I liked how the story isn't just from August's point of view, but instead it is separated into parts, and each part is narrated from a different character's perspective. I like this change because you can see how August's friends are changing and are realizing that he's just a normal fifth-grade boy on the inside. Also, not only are his friends modifying, but also his sister's friends too, like Miranda and Justin. I hope the ending of the book will be as happy and positive as it is to other readers.
ReplyDeleteThey book i was reading is called Cirque De Freak:Tunnels of Blood by Darren Shan. I felt that the book was good and that in some parts were romantic. At the end the vampaneze Murlough caught Darren and Evra. He hurt Evra by peeling his snake scales. He also was going to kill them but then, Darren told him that if Murlough killed him the Vampire Generals would kill him for killing a Vampire. At the end Murlough was ticked and he was killed by Mr. Crepsley from a cut into his stomach. Murlough tried to heal it be putting spite in it because vampire spite heals open wounds in seconds but, the wound was to big and he died. Later Darren made sure he did not break his promise to Debbie so he quick decorated the Christmas tree and then he took a picture of Debbie and he said it would go in his memories were he had his Sister,Parents, and his dear old gone friend Sam. Then both of the vampires went back to the sewers to go rescue Evra.
ReplyDeleteJosue, I want to hear more of your own thoughts and less summary!
DeleteI am still reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. It left off with Hasan and Colin going on a road trip to help Colin get over his break up with Katherine the ninteenth. I think a road trip would be great to get over a break up but some may think it wouldn't be a good way. They were at a rest stop sleeping from their long drive, they are both sleeping until Hasan wakes up and kicks Colin's seat because he felt cramped in the back seat. He wakes Colin and they both get out to use the restroom and just to get fresh air. When Colin went to the bathroom there was writings on the stalls and he was observing them. Once he left the bathroom he saw Hasan sitting at a little table doing something to it.Colin walked over and was going to see what he was doing. Hasan was recarving words that were on the table that were rather offensive. He recarved it to say something totally different and less offensive. If that were me, I wouldn't have been able to recarve it.I most likely would have just scratched it out as well as I could because I do not have the skill of recarving things. After he recarved it, Colin said everything reminded him of Katherine the nineteenth. Hasan said it was a terrible thing that everything reminded him of her, so they had to leave Pudach, Kentucky and hit the road again. As they road along Hasan saw a sign that said The World's Largest Wooden Crucifix and really wanted to go see it but Colin said no. They fussed about it only for a short period of time then they sped pass the crucifix. Hasan was upset that he didn't get to see it but he learned that the world's largest crucifix was in Kentucky. I think the story is starting to slow down more and take time with its progress. I am totally loving the story so far and the flow of it, I believe that I am still in the beginning of the rising action. I can't wait to continue reading the book and go along with their journey.
ReplyDeleteI'm still reading the book The Giver by Lois Lowry . Jonas, the main character, reports to the Annex of the House of the Old for his first day of training. That is where he gets his first memory about the past. Jonas’ dad took a child from his job because he checks if the child comes into the community. The baby’s name is Gabriel and if the child does not pass the test, Jonas’s dad gives it, they will “release” it. Jonas’s mother, works at the Department of Justice. The dad is a very caring character, while the mom really doesn’t seem to care about the baby. For example, when the baby cries, the dad is the one to help him.(122)
ReplyDeleteI am now reading Little Pilgrim's Progress. It is by Helen L. Taylor. So far, I have read that there is a little boy who first hears about the Celestial City. When he was hearing the story, it was about a King who rules it and is far far away from where they lived. One day the little boy was playing in the field where evangelist would walk by, this is how he heard the story of the Celestial City. The guy said that there was this Book and might of said things about burdens. A girl named Christina did not believe the stories from the Book. Other boys would tease the little boy but not Christina, she was nice and gentle. Christina asked the little boy "Where is your burden?" (page 13) He replied, "It is on my back, and it feels so heavy that is makes me too tired to play." (page 13) The little boy likes Christina because she is kind, unlike the others.
ReplyDelete“A Wrinkle in Time”- Madeline L’engle
ReplyDeleteUpon further reading through the book Things have started to get a whole lot more interesting. I'm talking about chapter two,you can clearly see the book there.For example, Meg is phased out of the world so to speak into oblivion.All this happened when Charles came in and said “This is it kiddies,” only being two years old this is extremely odd coming from him. According to Charles Wallace he thinks they are going to go find his father, whom disappeared while ago and is the main conflict of the story. I am looking forward to reading the next part because the story has been slow up until now.