Monday, September 29, 2014

Blog Due 10/3/2014

Prompt: Identify the POV of your blog book and back it up with textual evidence.

No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -10


51 comments:

  1. I’m on Chapter 8 of Enders game by Orson Scott Card.The main characters are in the battleroom on a planet in the solar system.Ender used one of the desks in the game room to take an earth gravity personal combat course The room is used to run simulations.It is highly technical,similar to something you would see at the pentagon in Washington,DC.The author doesn’t do a great job helping me form a mental picture. He doesn’t give a lot of description.He doesn’t use a lot of adjectives to help his readers form a mental picture.Colonel graff and Major Anderson discuss when they will make Ender a commander and major anderson didnt want ender commander because he was 8 but colone graff wants him too so i dont know whats going to happen i think he will get promoted to commander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still reading A Street Cat Named Bob. The point of view in this book is first person because the author, James Bowen, uses pronouns such as I, me, and we. I think its interesting how Bowen says that the main character, a guy named James, is not going to keep Bob, but I think a lot of people that have read this book think that James will end up keeping Bob in the end. He may just be doing this because he wants you to think that, but i still find it a little weird. This book just keeps getting better and better.
    -Sydni Simpson (108 words, roughly)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished chapter 4 this week of “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters”. They have arrived at Camp Halfblood. I was kind of surprised that the bulls were ranging over the hill, when the barrier has never let them through. The bulls have been attacking, and Clarisse just got knocked over by one of the bulls. Tyson was just engulfed in flames. I hope that he doesn’t die. I was really surprised to learn that he survived the flame. I was even more surprised to learn that he was a Cyclopes. When I learned about Talia, I was surprised that Zeus had saved her, when he said that the gods were banned from talking to or having contact with their off springs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading Little Pilgrim Process by Helen L. Taylor. I really enjoy this book because i don't know what is going to happen next. I like suspenseful books and this isn't all that suspenseful, but it seems like it to me. Right now, the little boy is staying with these people in motel and being very nice and kind to him. They want him to stay because he heard news that Christina was coming back to join him. He stays there waiting, but wants to make it to the Celestial City. As he is leaving, the people give him armor and supplies needed for the journey. He steps out the door and leaves. A few hours go by and Christina is at the same motel and just missed him. She wanted to be with him so bad because she doesn't like being alone. Anywho, the boy is frightened when he hears about if you take the wrong path, you will probably not back it back from there, he doesn't know which path to take so he goes with his gut. To me, I think this is a great descision, but I don't know why he wants to go so bad, all its done is cause trouble. The End. For now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book, Just Another Hero by Sharon Draper, is more like a first person point of view with the author only informing the reader who is I, describes the thoughts of Arielle the main character in the story telling me most of what and or how she thinks about people in other words her opinions over different types of events taking place in the book. For instance she previously talked about her former friend in middle school November in her mind, she wish she could apologize to November of the way she treated her during her pregnancy. I agree to her thought and I think she could of done it as soon as she saw November step into class, that would of been good.

      Delete
  6. I am finishing The Fault In Our Stars By John Green during chapter ten Augustus and his mom are fighting. I don’t really know why there fighting I think that it’s because he’s leaving to go to Amsterdam. On the plane Augustus was so scared. He was so scared he’s never been on a plane before. Augustus probably thought they were going to crash. Once that they got up in the air he was much better. Hazel Grace falls asleep on the plane by the time she wakes up they are landing in the Netherlands. The reason they are in Amsterdam is because to visit the author and Hazel dresses like one of the characters in the book she read. I think she did this to show that she really likes the book she also wants to know what happens in the end of the book. She was confused on why the book ended like that. She asking so many questions because she didn’t know what had happened at the end of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My book is Taken by Edward Bloor. it is about the future of America where kidnapping is a highly profitable business, but it is very dangerous. Charity is a young girl whose father is a rich dermatologist, and her mother is dead. She lives in a secure and guarded neighborhood where kidnappers try to take kids. This book is entirely told through flashback,and it is really hard to follow. I am wondering why kidnapping is a growing industry, but also how she got taken. the book explains that she carries a pistol, and her butler carries a fully automatic rifle. This seems like a dangerous world and it would never happen, yet it does feel like we are always in danger. So i can relate to this book and so can other people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m still reading Old Yeller by Fred Gibson. I’m starting Chapter 10, and I just finished Chapter 9 I see several examples of imagery. For example,” Catch a squealing pig out of the bunch and you’ve got a battle on your hands”. I can hear the pig squealing! Another example,” The squealing of the pig and the scent of his blood made the hogs beneath me go nearly wild with anger”.I can smell the blood from this imagery. This chapter was pretty descriptive .It told how the boys grew up almost like wild animals. The author compared Arliss to the wild pig.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am reading The Fault in our Stars by John Green. In chapters eleven and twelve, Hazel and Augustus go Peter Van Houten’s house so Hazel can finally get her answers on what happened at the end of An Imperial Affliction. When they arrive at Peter’s house they find out that he is very rude, and that his assistant was the person who was corresponding with them. When Van Houten refuses to tell Hazel about the ending, Augustus yells at him and he and Hazel leave. I believe that the point of view of this story is first person. I know this because Hazel says I, me, and my a lot. An example of this is when Hazel said, “I'd learned this from my aforementioned third best friend, Peter Van Houten, the reclusive author of An Imperial Affliction, the book that was as close a thing as I had to a Bible.” On page 165. (155) words

    ReplyDelete
  10. Currently I am reading 2nd Chance by James Patterson. My book is 1st person the because at the end of the dialogue it says “I said”. I think there is a gang involved. They are starting to piece everything together. I think that everybody part of this case is linked to the person who killed the girl and hung the old woman. I think she is not trusted by other people because she is a girl. I don't know why only one person got killed in a shootout in the front of a church and nobody else was killed. I think they should not tell the press.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drive-By
    By: Harper Trophy

    The POV in Drive-By is 1st person because Tito the main character of the story is always using me, my, I, and we. Also Tito is telling the story through his own eyes as it happens. So this is the POV of the story Drive-By.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My blog book, Scorch Trails by James Dashner, is in a 3rd person limited POV. This is shown because the narration says Tomas and only explains Tomas’ feelings and emotions. In the book, the boys have made it to the city but Minho is hurt. I am glad he is still alive though because he makes the book somewhat comical. They have now met Jorge, a skank living in the city, who as agreed to help the reach the safe haven. I don’t really trust Jorge, eventhough he wants to get the cure for the flare as much as the Gladers do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This week I continued reading Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card. The point of view is third person omniscient. I say this because in the book it described Ender’s, Novinha’s, Novinha’s children, the mayor, and the church people. In addition, I think this because it says he, her, his, and character names instead of I or mine. This book is getting better as I go along.

    During this portion of the book, Ender is on Lusitania to be a speaker. A speaker is someone who speaks the truth about a person’s life after they die. This is unusual because the author explains that Catholics do not believe in speakers and almost everyone on Lusitania is Catholic. While on Lusitania, Ender also discovers surprising things about the people there. For instance, he was called to speak and the person he was speaking about gets drunk almost daily, comes home, beats his wife, and yells at his children.

    ReplyDelete
  14. In the book Erak's Ransom by John Flanagan the main point of view is third person limited. Mostly because the narrator is not a character in the story. He is telling it like it is a story that was told to him at one point. He gives it away by saying things such as "Will said" or Halt thought". He is limited however to the thoughts of Will and Halt and on rare occasion the princess. This is because Will and Halt are the Main characters and he uses the princess' point of view when Will is not around or accompanying her. Mostly because he needs to show how she reacts. He only uses the thoughts of Will and Halt so he can have two separate stories running at the same time along with the main plot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you know more than one person's thoughts or feelings, it is omniscient!

      Delete
  15. I am still reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Where I left off last time was when she was going over to Augustus’ house to watch a movie. When they started watching the movie Hazel could feel a little tension between then. His parents invited her to eat dinner with them as a family after the movie was over, little did they know that Hazel was a vegetarian. After dinner Augustus drove hazel home and when he gave her a book she noticed that he had wrote his phone number down. They would text all the time and she started to fall in love with Augustus Waters. If I were her I wouldn’t fall in love so easily and actually get to know the guy first. I love the book and I am excited to read more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Fault in our Stars by John Green.(Chapter twelve) Chapter twelve is about Hazel and Augustus visiting the famous author Peter Van Houten who wrote An Imperial Affliction. I like that Hazel and Augustus want to go see a famous author that they both like. Then when they arrived at his house he first did not recognize them, but then he recognized Augustus Waters from the email he sent to him. Also he was very mean to them and did not care. I thought that it was rude of the author to treat Hazel and Augustus like that. Then the author tells them a little about what happens at the end of the story, but he does not know a lot about it he forgets. I like that he tries to tell them a little more about the ending of the book. So I read Chapter twelve in The Fault in our Stars by John Green.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read chapter seven of the Outbreak by Robert Tine. Now Jimbo has also gotten the virus called Motawba. Jimbo found out that his wife had the virus too, but her symptoms weren’t as bad as his yet. There was also a guy named Henry that went to the movies with his wife and friends, and he did not have a good time. He did not feel good while he was standing in line. His eyes were blood red, and his mouth was dry as the desert. He asked the lady in the ticket booth named Tracy if she could help him, but she told him to wait his turn. That was pretty selfish of Tracy! What if he died or collapsed? Luckily he still survived, but his head hurts horribly and it was getting worse. I feel sorry for Henry. I wish there was a cure for it.(149 words)- Shaina Williams

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am reading I am Number Four, written by Pittacus Lore. The protagonist, John Smith, is also the narrator in this story. The point of view is first person. John is learning to control his powers, but something as come up that has stricken interest in him and his guardian, Henri. One of John’s friends and Henri were having a geek battle about alien conspiracies. Henri was making most of his up, however Jake was not. Jake mentioned Mogadorians! Is Jake on of them, is he a helper of the Mogadorians? What else does he know, how does he know? I am very curious to know where this leads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you know it is written in first person?

      Delete
  19. A wrinkle in time
    By: Madeleine L’engle
    The point of view of a wrinkle in time is third person limited because in the book it says he, she and her when the narrator is talking. For example in chapter who its says ‘’ we know he’s bright, but he’s so funny when he is around other people, they are so used to thinking he is dumb, I don’t know what’s going to happen to him . It also tells us hints of the POV in chapters the black thing: it says ‘’Meg felt that Calvin was being torn from her.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Greetings Mrs. Watson, The book I am reading is, once again, Three Graves Full by Jamie Mason. The point of view in this book is third person limited. I am aware of this because the narrator is the one telling the whole story as if he was a person in the room watching everything happen. I know it is third person limited because we only know the thoughts and feelings of the main character, Jason Getty. A lot has happened in this book since my last reader’s response blog. One of these events is that we are taken back to the time that the man whom Jason killed, Reid, went missing. And there is another character that is named Leah that has a connection with Reid somehow but I am not sure what it is yet. The narrator is describing how Leah is so ancy and all out of order since Reid’s disappearance and there is a scene where it is Leah stressing out because she’s late for work because her garage won’t open and so she went back into her house and got out her phone book to call her boss and inform him that she would be arriving late. When she got out the phonebook a “missing” flyer fell out of the book that was for Reid and that really left Leah distraught. Leah is also very suspicious of everyone around her accusing them of doing something to Reid. She even starts questioning his brother. This part of the book where it skipped characters was pretty confusing at first but I like how we can see another person’s story on the other side of the murder, the victim’s side. I am very happy that I have stuck with this book because it is very suspenseful and keeps me on the edge of my seat which I think everybody enjoys.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am reading the Maze Runner by James Dashner. This week Thomas looked in the maze and saw a griever, which is a creature that can hurt runners in the maze. Also, he found out the purpose of the Glade. Their job is to solve the maze so that they can go home. This story’s POV is third person limited because Thomas’ thoughts are narrated without dialogue, and other characters’ thoughts aren't. For example, “Thomas knew he was a smart kid, he could feel it in his bones.”(Dashner, 40). I think that Thomas is going to become a runner and solve the maze because he talks about how he feels like he should be a runner. Also, I think that one of his friends is going to get killed in the maze because the story talks about a graveyard in the Glade. I am glad this book is starting to make sense and hope that Thomas ends up going into the maze.
    (162 words)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am still reading The House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros. Esperanza abuelito passed away. This is her Papa’s daddy. Esperanza notice that her daddy is taken it really hard- “crumples like a coat and cries, my brave Papa cries.” She was so shocked because she’s never seen her Papa cry and she doesn't know what to do. I would be in the same situation Esperanza is in if I saw my daddy cry. I wonder how her abuelito died, it’s got me curious. Was it old age? Or some kind of sickness? She should just be there for her Papa right now because I’m pretty sure if she lost her Papa she would feel exactly like him or even worst. I would be heartbroken if I ever lost my daddy so appreciate him while he’s here now, your mother too.
    Again I am reading The House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros .

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am reading "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins and the point of view is first parson because Katniss is the narrator in the book because she is telling me what is going on. So far in the book Katniss doesn't know what to do with everything that is happening because she is making all these propo's to show that the rebel' s will keep fighting and that all the district's should come together to fight off the capital. While Katniss is making propo's Petea is also making propo's. I think Katniss love Petea because she get' s sick ever time she see him in propo's and everyone lies to her about what is going on with Petea. Even Gale the one person she trust is now lieing to her. Even when Gale apologize and ask for forgiveness Katniss still doesn't forget about. The only thing she wants is to protect Petea but everything she does the Capital take it out on Petea which is wro.g because Petea is trying to protect Katniss and also the Capital shouldn't expect Petea to know what the rebel's are planning to do.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I finished The Death Cure by James Dashner. In the end of the book, Thomas was saved, and they also saved the other immunes. The chancellor gave them somewhere to make a new place for immunes without the virus. I'm wondering if they will really be able to make a whole new society out of the immunes from WICKED. I'm also wondering if Thomas and Brenda will become a couple because they seem really close. They, and all the other gladers are extremely resourceful, so I think they will be fine. My book is third person limited. I say this because They use the character's names when narrating, such as Thomas did this, or Minho did that. I say that it's limited because we only know the thoughts of Thomas throughout the book, no one else.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am still reading The Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis. I’m on the sixth book The Silver Chair. The point of view of this story is in third person Omniscient. Here is an example,”They both felt a little nervous.” The story is starting to heat up as Scrubb, Pole, and Puddleglum. They meet giants, I’m really jealous of them because who wouldn’t want to meet a giant. In the book they go through a “town” of giants. Like the characters in the story I would be frighten because there tall and if then just stomped it would cause an earthquake. Why wouldn’t you be scared of them?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am reading Cinderella Cleaners by Maya Gold. The main character's name is Diana Donato. The point of view is first person point of view. I know this because the author uses I, my, mine, and me. The reason I picked this book is because it is one of the only books left on my book shelve that I haven't read. Overall it was a good book and idea, though is was a little juvenile. The book was maybe something that i would read and probably write in maybe the forth or fifth grade, but keep in mind that's when I was first reading Harry Potter. The book had some really good moments that I can relate to though. I liked this book and I read it in about two days!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don’t really know what you want for this blog I’m pretty sure its POV though. I am reading Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan and I’m currently reading a chapter where Percy has to get the lightning bolt. This has a hook on me because I’m wondering how he is going to do it. The point of view of this chapter is first person from Percy point of view. For the whole stories point of view I’m pretty sure its first person also. He travels around to get the orbs so he can poof out once he got to the underworld to get his mom. Luke ended up putting the bolt in the shield when he got there and Hades says he’s a liar. I laughed because the way he said it in the story was funny. Percy gets the lightning bolt and uses it on Hades so he won’t hurt him. They poof and began to move towards Olympus.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. Divergent is told in first person. The person telling the story is Tris. We know her thoughts and her feelings and she shares them throughout the story. Tris made it into Divergent. She was determined to be the best out of her divergent class. She showed us her determination through her thoughts . Which shows us that the story is in first person. Another example is how we knew how she felled about four. We didn't know how four felt about her though. We could take an educated guess but we wouldn't exactly know. Beatris a complex person and with the story being told in her point of view made the story come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am reading chapter 8 in Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. in this chapter, Hugo got a job at the toy booth fixing toys for Papa Georges. A couple chapters ago Hugo didn’t like Papa Georges, and now he likes working for him because he apologized after he saw Hugo fixing the wind up mouse. Hugo also promised the old man not to steal anything again, even though it was tempting to him. One day, Hugo saw Papa Georges doing interesting things out of the deck of cards. I mean, how could a mean man like Papa Georges be so talented, and Hugo liked it? Apparently, he was just playing solitaire. It’s probably just the way he shuffled the cards that made Hugo want to learn. At night, he talked to the girl and she told him that she was still looking for Hugo’s notebook, but Hugo told her that Papa Georges gave it back. They both went to a store and Hugo found out that the girls name is Isabelle. This chapter was a good chapter. I never thought that Hugo could even get along with the old man.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am currently reading The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams. I'm on chapters 5-8. From what I've read so far, the book is in 3rd person (3rd Person omniscient to be more exact). For example, the narrator never says I or me or anything like that, yet when it mentions certain characters, the narrator tells us what they are thinking. "Up and down the silent corridors echoed Ford Prefect's feet...Why did the ship keep shaking? he thought."
    Now, about the book, so far the ship is still dead, and Zaphod is in an exploding building. It's got some pretty funny moments, but there's still no explanation for these events.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I’m still reading “Diary of a wimpy kid- the ugly truth” by Jeff Kinney. My book is written in first person point of view its Greg’s point of view of the world. The reason I think this is because the words the author put in the book like “ I opened it up and found a stick of deodorant and a book” the author used “I” and that can be found on mostly all the pages of the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good, but it doesn't meet the word count! Also, your blog for 9/26 was excellent.

      Delete
  32. Title: Terra Formars
    Authors: Sagusa Yu and Tachibana Kenichi
    Matthew F.
    09/26/14

    Like I said from last week, I am now going to reveal what has happened to Mars over the past 400 something years with the cockroaches and moss growing and living on the planet. To begin with, the cockroaches have evolved at such a extreme rate that is it is unfathomable, considering the fact they haven’t changed form for millions of years. But the director from the missions Bugs 1 and Bugs 2, which failed, suspects that the moss that had gone to Mars got switched somehow, which he believes is the reason for the cockroaches being the way they are. Though the best way to describe the cockroaches is that they have developed a humanoid form, they really don’t have that much of self-awareness as humans but its there. Also they are much bigger then humans by a huge margin, strength, size and agility wise. Though non of this couldn’t of been without the mosaic organ which the cockroaches poses. Through the Bugs 1 mission though they acquired this mosaic organ and used it for a special purpose. Basically they were able to preform a surgery with it called the “bugs surgery” which allowed the person to change into any compatible insect, but this advanced later on to anything compatible.
    The bugs surgery played a role in Bugs 2 mission but they weren’t successful with it so only 2 survived out of 16. But it has now progressed about 20 to 30 years in the future and they are preparing another mission, called Annex, to Mars with a 100 man crew, whom all have the bugs surgery, to research a cure for a alien virus that probably came from Mars. This is where I am going to leave off because I already said so much, but there is still alot to cover. Plus I just basically skimmed over the Bugs 1 and 2 missions and to answer your question about the point of view. I really had a hard considering it because it appears the narrator knows everything about everyone, but it also jumping to different character perspectives. If I had to guess after doing research I would say a little of omniscient and a little of variable/multiple. But you could say that is just 3rd person in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good Matthew. If you bring me the book I can help you look at the POV. You might be getting into a more complicated area, like you said, it could be first person from multiple perspective, or third person omniscient, etc.

      Delete
  33. I am finishing The Alchemist by Paula Coelho. Santiago had followed his dreams and left everything. In the story there were very strong winds and sand that was blowing super hard in his face. The whole place was dug all over. In the desert, there was gold, silver, and all kinds of treasure that was hidden in Africa. Someone had finally found it. In the end, everybody had gotten what they wanted. There was Santiago, the Gypsy girls, and the treasure. The desert was the important place where the treasure was. The story tells you where the treasure was. This section, teaches you how you need to follow your dreams, but sometimes you don’t need to because they can be horrible dream. They can lead you to know well.
    Anastasia Ehlers

    ReplyDelete
  34. The Maze Runner
    By: James Dashner
    Before I start this blog, I would like to say that the point of view in the Maze Runner is third person, limited. I say this because the reader knows what Thomas is thinking, but not what anyone else is thinking. For example, “Thomas thought that was the smartest thing he’d heard Alby say in a long time.” In the book, Thomas has just realized that the Map Room is burning and when the Gladers finally put out the fire, the maps had been burned. Just as I thought the story was going to end badly, Minho and Newt showed Thomas the hidden stash of the real maps in a hidden storage closet. Thomas had figured out what to do to find the code of the Maze. He drew the maps from each section onto wax paper and took one day from each section, making sure they were the same day and put them together. They formed the letter ‘F’. Minho and Thomas then went into the Maze to find a way out again, but didn’t. When they were gone, Adam, an unknown character, was taken. However, some of the Gladers figured out the code to the Maze, ‘Float, Catch, Bleed, Death, Stiff, Push’. Mark, in his thoughts, made a plan to get stung by a Griever on purpose to get memories back for clues about the code.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am reading Are You There God? Its Me Margaret by Judy Blume. This story is written in first person point of view because Margaret talks about herself to God and she uses me and I.... etc. Margaret has just moved to new school and she is not sure if people will like her. Honestly she shouldn't really care what people think about her but thats just my opinion. Now shes moving again to long island, New York. Margaret is the only child So she can't really talk to anybody about her problems. It really seems like she's got a rough life So hard and now I think she is starting to doubt god and his abilities

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am still currently reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. In the start of chapter seven Colin, Hassan and Lindsey Lee Wells goes out to see the grave of Archduke Ferdinand. Lindsey Lee Wells gave a small speech but not a usual regular one because she figured Colin being the smart guy he is must know everything already. After that Lindsey saw her boyfriend and two other guys and a girl coming up to where the three of them were and ran up to them. Colin and Hassan came up with a story about themselves to not seem like weirdos I am guessing because I wouldn't neccesarily make up a story for no reason. They came up with them both being fron France and Colin doesn't know much English so Hassan is his English speaker. That doesn't turn out very well obviously, but it is okay because they all make a laugh out of it. They all walk back to the drug store since Colin was thirsty and Lindsey Lee Wells boyfriend leaves along with the two other guys to leave to work. At the drug store steps Lindsey Lee Wells mother is there alon with a male. Colin and Hassan meet her and she says she knows Colin, but Colin gets confused because he doesn't recognize her. She invites them to dinner at her home and they all go over there. Once they get there Lindsey and her mother go to cook the food while Hassan and Colin wait. Colin continues his little chart about the Katherines and all the break ups and finishes with the first one. They all then go to eat and Lindsey's mother talks about this show Colin was on when he was younger and that is why she recognized him.THat'd be a pretty resonable reason he didn't recognize her. She offered them a job to work there at the store for the summer, I would have accepted it because you know money is always needed. They both accepted and stayed at there place for the night and were basically going to live there for a little period of time. At the end it then talks about "The End (of the Beginning)" and it basically sums up as Katherine the first breaks up with Colin like three minutes later and then watches him keep studying the latin he was studying from the beginning and then left half an hour later. I would say that was unexpectable but it kind of was because they were at a very young age and you can't neccesarily expect them to stay together for a long time. It's basically logic at least in my book. This chapter was pretty long and interesting keeping your interest throughout the book. The book is narrated from third person which I think is great because it can tell from either only one of the characters feelings to all of them. I am still enjoying the book very much and am loving the flow of it and how it flashes back the when he was with the Katherines.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am reading "Deep and Dark and Dangerous" by Mary Downing Hahn. I have just started this book, and I can already tell it is first person. One example would be the first example, "One rainy Sunday in March, I opened a box of books mom had brought home from Grandmother's house." It has the word "I" and is talking about what the main character, Ali, is doing. I really like this book so far, and it is a lot different than the book I was reading before this. It is a ghost story, and I'm not very far in yet but I can already tell where the plot is headed. I can already see that Ali is very nosy, and wants to get into business she does not belong in. This book is very good so far, and I can't wait to keep reading and find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This week I finished reading the book broken lines by James Cook. I thought when the book started to slow down a few chapters ago it would be boring but it sped back up and was very good. In the last couple of chapters of the book the dad of the main character dies because he runs out of his insulin. When that happened mike (the son/ main character) loses all hope of ever living his normal life again. I think that this was a pretty good ending but I think it would have been better if the dad had lived all the way to the end of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The book I am reading is called Entwined by Heather Dixon. So far I've read chapters 3-6, and not much has happened. The funeral, for Azalea's mom, took place. Everyone was in tears of agony, and everything was pitch black. The King, showed no signs of him being sad, and was rather silent. Perhaps he was sad, but just didn't really show it, like some characters in books or movies whenever a character dies. Hopefully that's the case, and he isn't some heartless King like I thought he was at first. When the funeral was over, Azalea and her sisters had walked through the snow, talking about their mother. Then out of the blue, they started to dance, even thought they knew they weren't supposed to. Then they were stopped by the King, who started to yell at them. Quickly, Azalea and the King got into a big argument, Azalea having the last word. I know how it can be disrespectful to dance in a situation like the sisters are in right now, but a whole year seems kind of long to me. I hope that in the next few chapters, Azalea can find a way to dance again, without having to wait a whole year.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am on chapter 12 of Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. My book's point of view is 3rd person limited. The narrator only gives the thoughts and feelings of the main character, Brian. While there are other characters, the narrator does not describe their thoughts and feelings. Instead, Brian describes what their thoughts and feelings may be like, but he does not give their exact thoughts or feelings, he just talks about their actions or facial expressions. There is also some dialogue at the beginning of the story as well. Almost the whole story is based on Brian and only talks about his thoughts and feelings, mainly.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Violets are blue, by James Patterson. This blog will be about the point of view of the book I am reading. This book is written in 1st person point of view most of the time but sometimes it switches to 3rd person witch I really like, I don’t know why but if a book is written in 1st and 3rd I just seem to like to read it more than a book that is strictly 1st person or 3rd person. “Ten minutes after Jamila left to catch her plane back to San Francisco, Kyle appeared at my desk. He looked like a rumpled, tweedy forty-something professor who had just emerged from his library carrel after days of researching a scholarly piece for a criminal justice journal.” Is an example of 1st person from the story.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Book: The Enemy
    Author: Charlie Higson
    I am on chapter 4 and my story's pov is third person omniscient. On chapter four they talk about Callum and how he loves to be in the Crow's nest( aka rooftop). It talks about how he sleeps out there in the warm time and how he looks at the sky at to be at peace and quiet. He also said that he is more usefully up there then on the ground. Callum at the end was just trying to look for Arran's party to come back. I fell that in this chapter they were just talking about how Callum likes this and that, I wonder if he is the next to die? Also that the only talk about one person.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am reading Hero by Mike Lupica. I have just started reading this book and knew immediately that the view would be in 3rd person omniscient. The book starts out describing a setting through Zach Harriman's dads perspective. He describes what the atmosphere feels like and what surrounds him. The story so far tells that the narrator knows Zach's thoughts as well as his dads. I predict that the narrator will be describing other characters as we go along through the story. I don't think that he will stop with just those 2 characters knowing that one of the characters (the dad) is killed in the exposition of the plot.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am on chapter 10 of City of Ember by Jeanne Du'Prau. In this chapter Lina is having scary dreams. Some kind of spirit is coming out of the tunnel that was explored. She told her Granny that she was having bad dreams. Lina said to her Granny that she is dying. She has never experiance like this before. She had a very bad fever and she was feeling nautious. A doctor visited Lina's house to find what the sickness was. Dr. Tower felt her forehead. Lina was pale white because she was very sick and dehydrated, what will the outcome be.

    ReplyDelete