Monday, August 25, 2014

Blog Due 8/29/2014

Remember to follow the rules, and LET ME HEAR YOUR VOICE!

If you are concerned that your blog didn't submit, e-mail it to me as well.

74 comments:

  1. The book I am reading is Percy Jackson and the lighting thief by Rick Riordan .The cover of the book shows Percy, a demigod, son of Poseidon holding a sword and a horn. The cover also shows the city in front of Percy while he is in water. The book takes place in modern time, New York. The book starts of with Percy on a field trip with his algebra teacher and his latin teacher The book, to me, is very interesting and is a great book for people who love adventure. The book does not have a slow start at all it is exciting from the start. I cannot wait to further get into the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So i’m still reading The Fault In Our Stars by John Green so far in this book from what I have is really good I really like this book. This book is also really sad it is an emotional book because it’s a book about people that have cancer and Hazel Grace had to go to the hospital because her oxygen tank wasn’t working right so she stopped breathing and she almost died. Also theirs this character named Augustus waters that is in Hazels support group. He has this leg cancer and has a prosthetic leg. During this book I learned that many different people have different types of cancer and they have to get surgery to help them get better and its sad because some people don’t even get to live their full life the surgery sometimes doesn’t help. This is my favorite book it’s the best one that I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading The House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros. She is talking about her family hair and how their hair is all different. “But my mother’s hairs, my mother’s hair, like little rosettes, like candy circles all curly and pretty”... and then she describes her hair lazy, can’t hold barrettes or bands. It makes me wonder why doesn’t she do something with her hair if she knows it’s always lazy. Or does she not care and was just saying that to say that? I wonder what her mother’s hair looks like. I can only picture it looks close to a celebrity’s hair.
    I am reading The House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Igraine’s birthday is in a couple of days, so she tries to sneak up the castle stairs with Albert’s, her older and only sibling, 10 mice on are each step. Igraine is going up with her cat because they both want breakfast. She gets caught at the door by Albert and hears her parents in the background saying good morning. She didn’t really care at that moment only because she just wanted breakfast, but now she had to go back downstairs and eat the magic leftovers. Igraine and the cat are sitting on the jaw bridge, which opens up when being attacked. Sisphus, the cat, is only obsessed with getting his food, but Igraine just wants something adventurous to happen for her twelfth birthday. She tells the cat that she will probably die of boredom before her next birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, please tell us the title and author of your book. Also, this is all summary. I need you tell tell me what you think about what you are reading. Okay?

      Delete
  5. Least week I read the Hunger Games and now I am reading Catching Fire I am on chapter 14 and so far it seems like Katniss(protagonist ) is in a lot of stress. She is debating between fighting the capital or play along so all the people she love is safe and on rope of all of that she is force to love someone she dose not love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This blog's content is better than last week, but it is still much, much too short and I also need you to tell me the author!

      Delete
  6. This week I read the book "City of Ember". I really like this book because it's very mysterious. It's full of dangerous adventures through the dark city. The one goal is to get light back into the city. In chapter two Lina takes a different route through the dark and dangerous city, but she notices there are lights coming from the roof. This chapter was very exciting to read because it was something I never read before. The city of ember is awesome because it's a book of mystery's and exciting moments. The City of Ember is the best book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyler, don't forget to tell me the author of your book. Also, please tell me a little more about what you think about what you are reading, not just that you like the book. But I am so glad that you do!

      Delete
  7. i'm reading the book called enders game it is a good book so far. the main character is Ender and he is a third what that means is that hes a third child of his family but there are only supposed to be to kids per family so he is a special kid and he can read peoples mines and stuff. the other characters in the book that were mention are Stilson hes a bully who bully s Ender but then they fight and Ender wins the fight and Stilson is put in critical condition. The other characters are his brother peter, peter hates these people called buggers but i don't know who they are yet, then there his sister valentine shes nice too him. And the last characters that i know about right now are his mom and dad they love him and stuff but they didn't really want him, and then there's general Graff and he came to recruit Ender to join his fleet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ideas, Josiah. Can you tell us about the characters using our new vocabulary from class! I also need you to tell me the author of your book.

      Delete
  8. hey ms. Watson:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Maze Runner
    I left off on the last blog with Thomas going to sleep for the night. When Thomas woke, Newt showed him a Griever, a dangerous creature that kills people. It is written in the book that the creature it metallic, but also slug-like. This makes me wonder, who has been killed in the past? Why do Grievers exist and who created such a creature. As the book goes on, one day, the box arrives and a girl, the first girl appears. She is carrying a note that says, “She’s the last one. Ever.” Why did a girl appear as the last child to enter Glade? The girl goes into a coma and is taken to the Homestead. Then, Thomas notices on a Beetle Blade that it says, “ WICKED”. He gets attacked by Ben, the sick boy, who tries to kill Thomas. Alby rescues Thomas, leaving an arrow in Ben’s face. Following the day, Thomas sees Minho, an asian maze runner and Minho says that he saw a dead griever. What killed the Griever? Did Minho kill the Griever?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Fault in our Stars
    By: John Green
    There is a guy in Hazel's support group named Isaac. Isaac has eye cancer. He had one eye cut out when he was a kid and now he wears glasses that has his one real eye and then a fake glass one. I like that the doctors gave him another eye at least even though it is a glass eye. I dislike that he has cancer in his eyes. I also dislike that he can not see out of his right eye. It makes me sad whenever I hear about cancer. So this is about Augustus's friend named Isaac.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am reading the book The Battle of The Labyrinth. It is about a demigod (half Greek-God half human) whose name is Percy Jackson. I think it is interesting how Rick Riordan (the author) portrays the Labyrinth. Basically in his book, it is a maze that keeps shifting and moving around, and on top of that if messes with your mind. It basically takes your most treasured items and/or people and uses them against you. I love how Riordan slowly makes Percy and Annabeth like each other. Eventually at the end of the book they are boyfriend and girlfriend. I love this book!!!!:)
    - Sydni Simpson (107 words)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am still reading dead end in Norvelt by Jack Gantos. I am at chapter six now and the main character Jack’s best friend Bunny has been introduced. Bunny father is the town undertaker and she is obsessed with dead bodies and makes Jack touch one and carries around dead people’s denchers and makes Jack hold one. Why is it that Bunny does this? Will she turn out to be a masochist, and why is Jack friends with her? Jack's father is also introduced and he is paranoid of Russian communists nuking America. Is his father like this because of his experience in WW2 or is his father like this because of common belief?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am reading The Fault in our Stars by John Green. In chapter three the story picks up on Hazel’s 33rd “half” birthday. After her college class, Hazel and her friend Kaitlyn went to the mall to catch up. When Kaitlyn was introduced, I felt like she was really full of herself and that she was kind of a snotty person. After Kaitlyn left Hazel hung out by herself and thought about how most of her school friends had abandoned her when they found out she had cancer. She then goes home to read her favorite book An Imperial Affliction and text Augustus from support group. The talk about their favorite books Price of Dawn and An Imperial Affliction . I think Hazel is really starting to like Augustus and she wants to start hanging out with him. I am anxious to find out when their relationship goes in the coming chapter. (152 words) Erica Kozmic

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heartbeat by Sharon Creech. CRIS PAEZ So far this book confuses me at some points. At first i thought Annie's mother was having a baby horse, but now it turns out that she is having a pumpkin alien baby. Why is Annie's dad acting so strange to this pumpkin alien baby? Ever since grandpa found out mother was having an alien pumpkin baby he has been acting weird. Why?, he is freaking out because all of the sudden he has forgotten how to make fried chicken. Why is Miss Freely ( the art teacher asking every body to pick an apple, study it and then draw it day after day?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been reading a book called Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohn. Before I kick off i would recommend this book to anyone who likes reading adventures and Fiction, This book goes up and beyond and I’m on the 5th chapter.
    Questions that I have been pondering for the past few days are "What is the sixteen moons?", "Is Ethan a vampire yet?”, "Will anyone die?"

    I think this book is easy to visualize the setting and the character; I’m quite not at the climax. I still have time to go. But in all honestly I recommend this book to all, it’s like twilight v2.0 :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Drive-by
    By: Harper Trophy

    Today I read the 2nd page of Drive-By. Tito, Jimmy, and Mina were all walking home from a party they were supposed to leave one hour ago. But Jimmy wanted another piece of cake. Well anyways Jimmy starts to play around like usual with Mina he started acting like his hand was a metal claw, and Mina started running off. Jimmy is chasing her around pretending like he couldn’t control his hand. Mina ran behind the old library which everyone thought was haunted. Tito went to get her but Mina kept running away from Tito until she went around the old library. Once Tito got to Mina they heard a car’s skid marks and horn, so they went to look and found. Well that’s all I read so far but I’m really ready to find out what happened with the car, and where is Jimmy?


    By:CJ Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CJ, this is better than the last! I still want to hear more of your own ideas, though. Try to do that for next week!

      Delete
  17. Yesterday, I gave the book another chance and read two chapters of the “Outbreak” by Robert Tine, and the story got a little better. The first chapter involved the main character, Colonel Sam Daniels. He was the leader of the USAMRIID (United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases). He had a call from his boss, General Ford, about the diseases that made people from Africa die. Dr. Casey Schuler, Daniels’ right-hand man, warned Daniels about the strange symptoms in Africa he was seeing. These symptoms were vomiting, veins exploding everywhere, and people bleeding from their gums and ears. Now the story is getting more interesting than I thought it would be! I wonder what the disease is called and what caused this to happen. Maybe the Africans are being poisoned by their enemies. (135 words) - Shaina Williams

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yesterday, I gave the book another chance and read two chapters of the “Outbreak” by Robert Tine, and the story got a little better. The first chapter involved the main character, Colonel Sam Daniels. He was the leader of the USAMRIID (United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases). He had a call from his boss, General Ford, about the diseases that made people from Africa die. Dr. Casey Schuler, Daniels’ right-hand man, warned Daniels about the strange symptoms in Africa he was seeing. These symptoms were vomiting, veins exploding everywhere, and people bleeding from their gums and ears. Now the story is getting more interesting than I thought it would be! I wonder what the disease is called and what caused this to happen. Maybe the Africans are being poisoned by their enemies. (135 words) - Shaina Williams

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am still reading I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. I have been given more information about the plot. I now know that the main character, who's new mane is John Smith, is developing his 'legacies'. In the very beginning of the book, a prophesy was spoken that legacies would form and defeat the mogadorians. Are the other living of his kind developing legacies too? Are they going to find each other? Also, on John's first day of school, he got into a fight with the jock of the school and talked to the ex-girlfriend, the most popular girl in the school. Will this cause him to be noticed by more people than usual? Will someone notice that he is not like others? This book keeps me intrigued, and I can't wait to read some more.

    ReplyDelete
  20. For this blog post, I finished a book called The Scorch Trials by James Dashner. In the book the Gladers hare making their way through the Scorch Trials. A lot has happened and some of the characters I'm not too sure about. I don't know who to trust in this book or who I will trust in the next book. A lot of people have done things that say I shouldn't trust them, but others have redeemed their trust to the main character, Thomas. for example, Thomas's girlfriend Teresa went missing, but came back acting like she hated him. She then said it was an act, but it didn't seem like one to me. She also sent Thomas to what could've been his death, but she said she had to or he would have died. She also said she was being controlled by a group called WICKED. I also don't know how Thomas is going to save everyone from the Flare, a disease that slowly eats at your mind making you go crazy, even making you eat people. They say Thomas is somehow going to find a cure. But I'm not sure how they expect him to do that and trust WICKED after all they did to him. they put him through the Maze, and the Scorch and made him lose people he loved. So I don't know how they're going to convince Thomas to help them. There are also new characters named Jorge and Brenda, and I believe they'll help Thomas in the next book and be his allies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am reading The Giver by Lois Lowry. So far Jonas doesn't know what his assignment will be, but what he does know is that he is nervous. A week or two passes by and Jonas finds himself at the ceremony. His personal number is 19 so he goes nineteenth. His friend Fiona gets called up her number is eighteen. Jonas is next, and he is exited but then he gets skipped. He's scared because he doesn't know what his assignment will be and he is really nervous. But then he gets skipped. The head elder calls "twenty one. then twenty two." it was just him who was skipped. But then once the ceremony was finished she called on Jonas he received the assignment of The Receiver. This is all i have read and i am really hooked on it. All though i wish the Author didn't put as much suspense in the novel as he did because it really drives me insane not knowing whats happening and waiting for it to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am reading the second book in the Graceling series by Kristin Cashore, Fire. I'm on chapter nine and I really am enjoying the story, but I do have some questions as to why the author didn't make this the first book. You see in Fire everything that is happening is supposed to have happened a long time before gracelings were alive. I suppose after she wrote the first book and published it that she realized there needed to be more background information to have the rest of the trilogy to make sense. Also I am hopping that the plot would move along faster and get to the interesting parts. I did notice that the author didn't explain to you right away what/who the main character Fire really was, and that's what kept me reading the story.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The chapters I read about in The Book Theif this week are the most suspensful or dramatic ones yet. It all started with Lisel's foster dad, Hans Huberman, giving a jew in a march a piece of bread, and getting whipped by doing so. I thought it was a good intention, but I think he did it at the wrong moment. This then led to the jew they were hiding in their basement, Max Vanderburg to leave. I felt like he should have stayed, risking that the police could come and search the entire house for stuff. With this happening, it made Papa feel all depressed, making him say that he wanted the police to get him. I can't wait to see if the police actually come, or maybe if Max comes back later on.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am currently reading If I Stay by Gale Forman. This week, Mia’s boyfriend, Adam, came to see her in the hospital. The nurses and doctors didn’t want him to see her, but he found a way to. I think the protagonist is Mia and the antagonist is death because Mia struggles with the choice of living to be with her boyfriend or dying because her family is gone. Some secondary characters are Adam, Mia’s boyfriend, and Mia’s best friend, Kim. I also think that Mia is going to stay because Adam, Kim, and her grandparents really want her to. I am really enjoying this book and plan to read more this week!
    Laurel Kirk (113 words)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am currently reading If I Stay by Gale Forman. This week, Mia’s boyfriend, Adam, came to see her in the hospital. The nurses and doctors didn’t want him to see her, but he found a way to. I think the protagonist is Mia and the antagonist is death because Mia struggles with the choice of living to be with her boyfriend or dying because her family is gone. Some secondary characters are Adam, Mia’s boyfriend, and Mia’s best friend, Kim. I also think that Mia is going to stay because Adam, Kim, and her grandparents really want her to. I am really enjoying this book and plan to read more this week!
    Laurel Kirk (113 words)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman. Mia has found her parents dead and her brother is missing for some reason. I don’t really get why; he just disappeared for the whole couple of chapters. There are police cars and random people standing around and crying. Mia is having flash backs of memories with her family and with her boyfriend Adam. After she wakes up from the hospital she has some kind of unknown organ that is bleeding. This book is very confusing to be honest. It talks about being in the hospital and then the next paragraph she’s in a flash back about her relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So far The Red Pyramid is a little confusing, but actually pretty good. The two main characters, Carter and Sadie, are a brother and a sister whose mom died and since they lived in different places, they are totally different. Their dad is an archaeologist who specializes in Egyptian artifacts, and travels around the world with Carter, but he only gets to see sadie twice a year. So now he's with both Carter and Sadie who are getting a little suspicious because he is acting very strange. They all went to a museum when it was closed for a private tour. The dad went straight for the egyptian section and when the tour guide went to get something, he told the kids to look him in the room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget to tell me your author, and remember to tell me your THOUGHTS!

      Delete
  28. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
    The book is starting to relate to the movie in a way. They happen to be very similar as of right now. Rosa Hubermann was recently introduced and I began to wonder why she aggravated everyone she met? I also began to wonder why her way of loving Liesel so weird. It's like she shows her love through yelling and causing issues. Liesel isn't very fond of Rosa and instantly connects with her new Papa. I don't blame her though, Papa has a warm heart and seems like a caring person.

    ReplyDelete
  29. As mentioned in my previous post, my book is entitled "Just Another Hero" by Sharon Draper, a favorite author of mine, I recently read chapter 2 and part of it is what I'm going to talk about Arielle saves a boy osrick from bullies and I think she did a brave job of doing that but I just wonder why she taught she was still better than the bullies as in I can do worse than that but later on she rethought about it and asked herself why. So far its getring real in my opinion ilove it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm still reading The Giver by Lois Lowry and it is still amazing. Jonas has grown a liking the Gabe an uncertain, a baby, who did not pass evaluation of moving on. the story shared how every morning Mother, Father, Jonas, and Lilly would share about their dreams. Jonas had a weird dream about Fiona and him in the bathing room at the Old House. Fiona wasn't taking him seriously he wanted her to bathe and Jonas felt angered because she was laughing. Mother described this as the Stirrings and Jonas would start needing to take the Pills. The part I left off at is when Jonas and Lilly are going to their Ceremony and Jonas still doesn't know what he is going to get as his Assignment for the rest of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Where I left off from my first blog was when Mia was being transported to the ICU in a chopper. Mia is in critical condition, she has a collasped lung, a rubtured spleen, internal bleeding, and brain damage. The girl could not be anymore broken. During her time in the ICU her grandparents and relatives start showing up, including her bestfreind (Kim) and boyfriend (Adam). She all watches them come in and out of her room telling her reasons she should stay, but also telling her if she wants to go its ok. She knows they dont really mean its ok. During this process she must make to decision of leaving or staying. Honestly I think she should stay, I mean yea her parets and bother died, but also think of all the things in life she would be missing out on. That is why I think she should stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ideas, but what book are you reading and who wrote it?

      Delete
  32. I am reading The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams. I have read Chapters 10 - 16, and it's getting really interesting. Arthur and Ford have been picked up by Zaphod, the President of the Galaxy, and along with him a girl named Trillian, both of whom Arthur had previously seen on Earth. I don't know where these coincidences are leading to, but it's very interesting to see them happen. Also, they have found a mythological planet, which had only been believed as a fairy tale. I'd like to know what they're going to do now that they've found it, and where these coincidences add up.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have continued to read the book Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. I read past the plane crash when I noticed a grammar error. It reads: "He forehead felt massively swollen to the touch..."(Paulsen 33). It seems like a grammar error, but I'm not too sure. I came across some words that don't seem to familiar to me. The word remnant was one. A remnant is a fragment or a scrap. Another word is haze. Haze is an aggregation in the atmosphere of very fine, widely dispersed, solid or liquid particles, giving the air an opalescent appearance that subdues colors. I can't wait to read more and get more into the details of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am still reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. I read chapter two and a little bit of the beginning of chapter three, where it ended was Colin in bed basically in grief all day until his friend Hassan came by around 10:00 P.M. which is fairly late from my point of view. Hassan came and had to use the bathroom but what a surprise that came to him because when he went to the bathroom Colin forgot to flush his puke and it obviously spelled terrible. After his surprise he still used the bathroom which I would have not done. Hassan noticed how sad Colin was about the break up and all because Colin told him he just wanted to feel like he mattered. So Hassan came up with the great idea for a road trip and that is where I stopped. I think this chapter was rather uneventful but still caught my attention in a way, I am loving the way the book is flowing so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good effort. A little less summary, a little more Ashley!

      Delete
  35. I am currently still reading FADE by Lisa Mcmann. The main character is making some very interesting decisions that will most likely come back to either haunt her or help her in some form or fashion. I am not agreeing with some of her decisions like trying to catch a criminal who has been wanted for a long time and works at her school. The book is doing a great job of keeping me interested and leaves me wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ideas. Make sure you are meeting the word count!

      Delete
  36. I am reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. In the next part, Santiago and his father were really happy!! There were many castles and happy people. In this chapter, it talks about feelings and God. How God can be with you all the time. This boy has dreams that he wants to accomplish. They talk about dreams and how you don't have to worry about women right now. There was an old man that told stories to Santiago about Jesus and how amazing things happened to other people. This book teaches you how to be nice and not always is about yourself. Put God first! Now they are talking about reading their palm of their hand (so not true).

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am reading the book, ”Found” by Margret Peterson Haddix. I have gotten to chapter twenty in the book. The first chapter I read after my last blog was about how Katherine had thought she saw a ghost. I really doubt that she saw a ghost. Then, Chip and Jonah read the list of Survivors that had their name on it. Jonah is wondering if his parents were really bad people because the FBI is connected. While Katherine and Jonah are at the FBI agents office, Katherine sneaks pictures of the listof witnesses/ survivors. I think that this was a very good move. they took those home and called all f the people on that list. I think that it wasn’t a coincidence that all of the people on that list live close to one another. I mean they all have their before address and right after that their after they moved address. In the next couple of chapters, we meet Angela DuPre. At the beginning of the story, in the prologue, she is the one who witnesses the babies on the plane. I think this is foreshadowing in the story. I am very excited to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  38. the hunger games by Suzanne Collins
    I am very interested in this book because I always want to keep reading. In the part that I was reading catniss everdeen is preparing for the annual hunger games and the peers weren't paying attention so she shoots an arrow at an apple right next to the head makers head. I see in my head the vivid texture of the capital and how rich is is and how poor the districts are and the capitol doesn't even care. It almost reminds me of are government because they are always doing stuff for there benefit. So I think this is a great book because of the way that it is written.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am continuing to read the book "Inner Circle". As of right now it's starting to become more interesting. So far in the book Reed has returned to a private school which she had an eventful year last

    ReplyDelete
  40. Reed has a new roommate from a different country named Sabie. Reed is giving her tours and showing her all around campus because Sabie is a freshman. I think that I will enjoy the book more as I read more. I'm excited to see what Sabie's character will develop into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lydia - did you mean to split those up? It is very hard to read!

      Delete
  41. About this chapter i was a little hyped up in the excitement that was there. Percy meets his mom and finds out Grover's a goat. This excited me because they knew they had to get to the camp for half-bloods and half way there they met a bull man that was trying to kill them. I like about this chapter how it started getting into the inciting moment where everything was happening and starting! What I find unusual about this was they lied about Mrs. Dodd's being a myth. I know it's because they are trying to save Percy but they could have told him the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  42. In Eragon, a lot of stuff happened. Eragon has begun to learn how to be a dragon rider and use his magic more. During the parts that I read this week, Eragon and Saphira had a time to bond with each other. Eragon rode her again and shared an experience with her that showed him what it means to fly. He used a special ability to get inside Saphira’s head and see through her eyes, feeling what she feels. This made him more comfortable flying with her and made him trust her more. I stopped right after this experience and Eragon wants to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I have continued to read Ranger's Apprentice. So far Halt has continued to stress over his wedding and is becoming a little worried. Which is extremely rare for Halt! Will is also preparing for something big as well. His final exam on being a ranger is coming closer. He is also nervous, but that is usual for Will. Unfortunately they do not have each other to lean on. I cannot wait to see how everything plays out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josh, remember to check your word count, tell me the author of your book, and tell me what you think about what is happening - not just a summary!

      Delete
  44. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’engle
    So I have read chapter 2, but still nothing on what a tesseract is. It’s antagonizing not knowing what things are or what they mean. On other news in the chapter I have met an interesting character named Mrs. Who and the way Charles and Calvin connect with Charles saying “she’s not one of us,” it was pretty odd. There was a hint towards the father in the story which makes me think something will happen soon, I hope. The story it’s self is turning up to be good, but I can’t say much being only on the second chapter

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am currently reading Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. This book is an excellent book because of all the unexpected struggles that Ender faces. I cannot stop reading it. This book is about a young boy living in the future in a very strict world, where having two children is tax free but then after that a tax comes and rises with each new child. Ender is a third child from request by the government, and since he is a third, he is bullied a lot about it. The government requested that they have a 3rd child because both his siblings were close to going to the military but did not pass, his brother was to violent, his sister was to mild, and he was violent only when he needed it, such as when he needed to fight a bully. Every chapter has a new and interesting twist, which makes the book better and better as it progresses. If I could rate this book, I would give it a solid 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  46. The book I am currently reading is called "A Heart Divided" by Kathleen Morgan. I want to reflect on a certain statement because not only did it make alot of sense, but it made me think a little. "You don't have anything to ask forgiveness for. But you're also the only one who can do the forgiving. You're the only one who can do what it takes to find release from the burden of your anger and bitterness, before it's too late"(Morgan, 197). This is important to me, and I agree with this statement 100%. I believe you are the only person who can make yourself feel better for a wrong doing, or thought. You can not sit there your whole life, and beat yourself up over a mistake, because that burden could mess up different aspects of you life. I believe that you need to forgive yourself, and move on because everybody makes mistakes, but also everybody forgives. You would become a bitter and grumpy person if you never forgave yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am reading the book Divergent by Veronica Roth I have just got past the part were Tris chooses to be a part of Dauntless. I believe that she made the right choice. Tris is adventurous and free spirited. She should fit in well. I have a feeling that people might know she is Divergent but I’m not completely sure yet. I also don’t understand why being Divergent is such a threat to society. Being well rounded isn’t necessarily a bad thing.. Or is it? I hope she can keep that she is Divergent a secret, and if she does get caught I hope she can get her way out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  48. The book i'm reading is "Deeply Odd"- by Dean Koontz so far the book is great Odd already seen the first crime that is going to happen in the city. The crime is that a man with special needs comes to the market with a blowtorch and go up to a group of girls eating ice cream and sets all the girls o fire. So the conflict is that he can not control his visions and sees the crimes before happen so he can't do anything about them or even tell the cops because the crimes were not done yet so they won't believe him. That's all i read for this chapter

    ReplyDelete
  49. I am reading reading The Giver by Lois Lowry. This week I just met The Giver and learned a lot about him. He gives back memories, but he can only give them to Jonas. Jonas loved the memories, he wished that everyone could enjoy them like he did. He was given a list of do's and do not's in his assignment folder. One rule was he couldn't tell anyone about his training, this was hard for Jonas because he wants to tell everyone about his training and he doesn't want to lie. Originally he isn't allowed to lie in his community, but The Giver gave him special permission. The last rule in his folder was he was allowed to lie. Jonas was sure he wasn't every going to need to but it was still useful. My favorite part of what i read was that The Giver can give Jonas memories by touching his back and i think that is really cool. I also think it is cool how The Giver has so many things that belong to him that you cant own if you aren't the receiver of memory.

    ReplyDelete
  50. My book is Theodore Boone:The Accused by John Grisham.Is this section, detectives show up and find three tablets that were stolen the night before in his locker. I know that Theo didn't steal those tablets because he has been presented as the smartest, nicest kid in the town. It would be cool if one of his friends framed him. Im guessing that someone resents him for being perfect and is trying to get him in big trouble. I also think that Pete Duffy will come back to hurt Theo and his family but Theo will get out of it and get Duffy caught. Theo also went to animal court to help a friend. I think that Theo will get clues from his court experience and find the real culprits. Grisham did a great job of characterizing Theo as the good, smart kid who would never steal.

    ReplyDelete