I finished a book Monday called The City of Bones. It is a book in the Mortal Instrument Series. City of Bones has a lot of action and of course, just a little bit of romantic atmosphere to make it good but not too much to where it isn’t good anymore. The best thing about it though is the plot twists. Just when you think the book gets boring the author, Cassandra Clare makes it get really interesting with a sudden plot twist. The book is basically a cross breed between Harry Potter and Twilight. The book is about a group of characters who are called Shadow Hunters. The Shadow Hunters ultimate goal is to rid the Earth of demons. Clary, the main protagonist of the story, is a mundane (human) who shouldn’t see the magical world, but, of course she does. At first she doesn’t believe in any of it and then she finds out a lot of things about her past that make her start to believe in the fictional world. Along the way she meets a lot of interesting characters, which one of them she “falls head over heels” in love with but at the same time he does the same thing with her even though she doesn’t know it. This is truly a great book. I advise a lot of people to read this.
The book I am doing is The Fault in Our Stars, The author is John Green. So there is this girl named Hazel Grace and she is suffering with leukemia in which she has to carry around an oxygen tank with her to help her breathe. She goes to this support group that met every Wednesday in a basement of a church which is a group of people that have a tumor of unwellness which she doesn’t like to go but in my opinion I think that it really helps her. This book has a lot of heart to it. It’s also a very sad book because she has cancer and she has to carry around an oxygen tank to help her breathe. By: Nicole Sparling
I am reading the Fault in our Stars by John Green. In chapter one the main character, Hazel Grace Lancaster is introduced. She is a sixteen year old girl with terminal lung cancer. So far I have read two chapters and was very interested with what Hazel had to say about her everyday life and how her cancer affects it. Hazel then talks about how her mother has made her start going to a cancer support group for kids like her and to help with her depression. In her support group she meets a boy named Augustus Waters and she is really intrigued by him. So far I am really enjoying this book and I look forward to seeing how her support group meetings and her relationship with Augustus progresses. (130 words)
I am reading Dead end in Norvelt by Jack Gantos I have only read four chapters but I find the book interesting. The setting of this book seems to take place during the cold war and the main character’s father is gone most of the time. The main character helps a woman write things the woman’s name is Mrs. Volker and she holds a ferocious loyalty to the founder of Norvelt Eleanor Roosevelt and the town itself. She writes obituaries and the newspaper for the town and played a major part in the town’s history but I am interested to find out what her role was in making Norvelt.
“The City of Ember” Jeanne DuPrau In “The city of embers” people live in total darkness except one light. I feel that this book is extraordinary and that it has a good plot. I think that if I lived in total darkness then I would be scared. Why do you think that people have despair in this life? Well people have despair because they can’t see in front of them and they’re worried whenever they’re ever going to see light and have full power in the city. If I were to give you one question about this book what do you think happens when a city loses power? What do people do after that happens.
I am reading a novel titled "Just Another Hero" by Sharon Draper, so far the book is not bad really. From what i've read so far I know that the main characters in the book are Arielle, November, Jericho and their friends have been through numerous of events together since they were in middle school. The one thing I dislike and have a question about is why Arielle bullied some lame kids in past and how older kids are treating her badly.
Heartbeat by Sharon creech. Thump, thump, thump goes the heartbeat. Max is a strange 13 year old boy, who is deeply serious, determined and he is training to escape. Annie is 12 and is so called a runner. Annie mom is pregnant with an alien baby. Is there really an alien baby?? Grandpa was once a champion racer, why did he stop running? The alien baby turned out to be a horse. Why was max called moody max? Why does Annie fear so much? She fears several things such as war, murder and being left alone. Love- running, drawing and laughing. Why is that?
What i read so far was about this a girl named Margrate Murry and no one liked her in school.She is vary protective over her brother and one day she got angry and beat up this guy for making fun of her brother .She got a black eye because of the fight . Her mother was not to happy about it . Her mother is a scientist and she has a lab down stars . Her brothers are vary smart but every one else thinks meg and her brother were not to bright .Then one stormy night she was in the attic and she could hear vary loud crashes of thunder so she went down to see who's up . Her brother was up drinking hot chocolate and he saved some for her.Meg said thanks and her brother Charles said do you want a sandwich ? Meg said yes and told him what she wanted on it .Thats what i read so far in the book. - Mary Katherine Sizemore
I'm reading a book called Inner Circle. I'm currently on the 7th chapter. This book is about a group of girls who are in a prestigious private school. Previously the year before the main character Reed's boyfriend got murdered by a group of girls. As of right now Reed has just arrived to the school from last summer. I personally don't enjoy this book too much because most of the girls are snobby and rude. There isn't really any action, which makes the book not too interesting. Hopefully the story will get more interesting over the time.
I am reading "Igraine the Brave". This book, so far, is about a girl named Igraine who lives in an old castle in Pimpernel with her family. Igraine has a brother and a mother and father; thats all to their family. She also has a cat named Sisyphus, it talks because of a magic potion. She is a younger sister to Albert and longs to be a knight and is not interested in magic at all. Albert is the oldest son of the house and is training to be a magician like his parents. Their parents, the Fair Melisande and Sir Lamorak the Willy. They are the greatest magicians between the Whispering Woods and the Giants's Hills. The most precious and saught-after possessions of Sir Lamorak and the Fair Malisande is the 'singing books of magic'. The nearest neighbor to the castle is the Baroness of Darkrock.
I am reading a book called The Giver by Lois Lowry. So far the book is about a boy named Jonas. He has two friends named Asher and Fiona. The book is about Jonas and right know its talking about where Jonas volunteers. At the Ceremony of 12 Jonas is worried about what he is going to be for when the ceremony of twelve is over. Jonas feels like everyone knows what they are going to be but him. Right now this is a really good book but that is as far as i have gotten so far. I dont know what is going to happen i think some thing will happen at the ceremony. Analise Alford
What i have read in the book so far is about a hard-core family. The dad used to be in a rock band and her whole family is not like the ordinary, But Mia is different, she wants to become a professional cellist. Her family is on her way to her aunts baby shower and a four-ton pickup truck going sixty miles and hour slams right into the passenger side of their car. Mia wakes up, but she is not herself she is looking over herself and her family. She sees her dad lying on the ground, her mom, died instantly lying still on the pavement. She searched for her brother, Teddy, but she finds herself instead, blood soaked through her shirt and sweater, arm cut open to the bone, and her leg is askew. She starts to panic, wondering if she was dead or alive. Soon the paramedics come and but her parents in a black bag, and takes them away. She is rushed to the nearest hospital and then taken into a chopper the a hospital. That is all i have read so far.
The Scorch Trials by James Dashner I am reading the Scorch Trials and i have already read a good bit of the book. What's happening is a group of people know as the Gladers were trapped in a maze and were tested to escape. The main character Thomas and his friends escaped, but are promised safety and that its all over. But now they are trapped and have been told to participate in something called the Scorch Trials. Im not too sure what it is but they are trying to test the Gladers as they said to, 'save the human race' from the flare. Which is a disease that I'm not sure about. I think its crazy how they're making them go through all this crazy stuff which seems pointless. And Thomas' friend Teresa has disappeared, and I'm not sure where she went, but i think that she will reunite with the Gladers later in the story. I think at least half of them don't really know what they're getting into and wont make it thourg Scorch
Currently I am reading Wild Blue Yonder by William Price Fox. So far in chapter 1 the book has introduced a lot of characters. The main characters name is Earl Edge. They live in South Carolina in 1943. I like how they are very musically talented. I think he is a trouble maker in his small town and the police do not like that. I think Earl and his dad have a good relationship together. I am not sure why they have so much stuff in there yard and in the neighbors yards. I think the Mom was made to move down there with her family. - Bryson
The Alchemist Santiago and his herd had found an abandoned church. They have slept there for few nights. He had to wait four days with a girl, the daughter of the merchant, to reach the village. The boy and his herd had finally made it to the village, the girl stayed behind. Santiago was a traveler, always wanted to see new places, and constantly followed his heart instead of his parents’. His parents wanted him to be a preacher, but he didn’t want to be one. When he had reached the town, he observed the people that were there. He noticed that the village mostly had rich people. Next, his father gave his son three ancient Spanish gold coins. -Paulo Coelho --- Anastasia Ehlers
I am reading the Fault in our Stars by John Green. In chapter one the main character, Hazel Grace Lancaster is introduced. She is a sixteen year old girl with terminal lung cancer. So far I have read two chapters and was very interested with what Hazel had to say about her everyday life and how her cancer affects it. Hazel then talks about how her mother has made her start going to a cancer support group for kids like her and to help with her depression. In her support group she meets a boy named Augustus Waters and she is really intrigued by him. So far I am really enjoying this book and I look forward to seeing how her support group meetings and her relationship with Augustus progresses. (130 words) Erica Kozmic 1B
I am currently reading A Heart Divided by Kathleen Morgan. I have just started, and I'm only one chapter in, but I've already met lots of characters. It starts off with a young girl, Sarah Caldwell, talking about her poor money situation with her Papa and her two other brothers, Noah and Caleb. You then meet Cord Wainwright, a young boy who is the son of a man Sarah's father does not like. I can already tell that this is going to be an amazing book, not only by the way it's written, but also how it is more modernized. I can't wait to see what will happen to Sarah and Cord. (2A) --- Bailey Otto
I am reading The Book Theif, and I just finished reading a couple chapters that talked about the bombing raids. I liked these chapters because they talked about how Lisel, the main character of the book, saw how scared everyone in the bunker at her neighbors was. I liked how this showed she cared for everyone there, even the jew Max who had to stay in the bunker at Lisel's foster parent's house bunker. I can't wait to see what happens to Max later in the story and how Lisel will react.
I am reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. I have only read the first 9 chapters, but the book has gone really fast. It mainly follows the adventures of Arthur Dent, a guy who just had his house demolished, and Ford Defect, his alien friend, who happens to be writing a book about hitchhiking the galaxy, as they try and survive in the galaxy after the destruction of Earth. So far, they have found themselves in an alien spaceship with something called "the Heart of Gold" in it. I'd like to know more what happens to the two of them and what the Heart of Gold is. It seems like a pretty important object.
The Maze Runner The story The Maze Runner begins with Thomas, the main character, in a metal moving box. This box is similar to an elevator and Thomas can feel it ascending. Thomas can not remember specific people, places, events, or things. He only remembers his name and the general things. Suddenly, the box door opens and Thomas is pulled out by a group of 50 to 60 boys. These boys live in an area called Glade. This area is surrounded by massively tall thick walls of concrete and stone. There are four entrances in and out of Glade. The walls move to open in the morning and move to close at night. Outside of Glade is a maze of the massively tall moving walls. When Thomas first arrives, he notices that the boys use words such as, “Shank, shuck, klunk, and greenie and that all the boys are teenagers. “Shank and shuck” are words the boys call each other. “Greenie or greenbean” are words that the boys call the new teenagers that come out of the box. The box is basically an elevator that goes up to deliver supplies and new male teenagers to Glade, but it never brings females. It also never takes anything down, it has to be empty or it won’t go back down. The first person that Thomas meets is Alby, the leader of Glade, then he meets Newt, the co-leader of Glade. Newt tells Thomas to go find Chuck because Chuck is in charge of Thomas’ sleeping arrangements. After Thomas finds Chuck, he feeds Thomas food from the Frypan, the kitchen. Chuck and Thomas go to the Homestead where Thomas meets Gally, a mean bully. Thomas is told not to go upstairs because he is a newbie, or a new boy. His curiosity leads him upstairs anyway where he finds a sick boy that was stung by a Griever. A Griever is a dangerous creature that lives outside Glade and comes out only at night. Ben, the sick boy is said to be going through, “The Changing”; since he got attacked by a Griever. Alby is is not happy that Thomas went upstairs so he forces him outside with Chuck. Thomas settles down for the night in a corner of Glade after the doors close.
I am reading Graceling by Kristin Cashore and so far I am really enjoying the story. I have almost finished this book cover to cover and I can't put it down. This story is very interesting and keeps you on the edge of your seat, the main plot of this story is about gracelings such as the main character Katsa. Gracelings are people who are gifted with certain talents at birth, Katsa's is fighting, they also are gifted with each eye a different color. Where Kasta lives gracelings are to be under watch and once they find out they are graced they are to be sent to the king to be servants. When Katsa meets Prince Po who is also graced she starts to see more secrets her world is hiding from her and sets out on a treacherous adventure to fix everything. I am very excited to see how this book will end and what adventures lie ahead for Katsa.
I am reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I have only read a few chapters of the book, but it sure is interesting. I really like the way Katniss explains everything about her life. She is very truthful and she can seem a bit heartless at times. Their situation is very sad. I feel bad for all that Katniss has witnessed and been through. Although I do wonder what exactly was going through Katniss’s moms head when she heard one of her daughters named being called. Was she sad, or angry? Was she even hurt at all? For Katniss to volunteer for her sister was a bold move. I was pretty confused on how the districts were started and what exactly happened to the thirteenth district. I think after this Katniss will begin her training and get closer to Peeta. I also believe that she may get closer to some of the other tributes.
I am reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. Santiago and his herd had found an abandoned church. They have slept there for few nights. He had to wait four days with a girl, the daughter of the merchant, to reach the village. The boy and his herd had finally made it to the village, the girl stayed behind. Santiago was a traveler, always wanted to see new places, and constantly followed his heart instead of his parents’. His parents wanted him to be a preacher, but he didn’t want to be one. When he had reached the town, he observed the people that were there. He noticed that the village mostly had rich people. Next, his father gave his son three ancient Spanish gold coins.
I am reading the book Divergent by Veronica Roth. I am only a few chapters in, but I'm loving it so far. I have been introduced to the faction system and Beatrice's family.Beatrice is a part of the Abnegation faction but after reading a few pages I could already tell she wasn't meant to belong in Abnegation . I think that Beatrice belongs in Dauntless. She has the chance to change her faction and I hope she takes that opportunity to get into the right faction . During her aptitude test she got more then one faction which deemed her to be "divergent". We haven't figured out what divergent means exactly but we know that it must not be something good by how the way the test lady rushed her out.This book has captured my attention and I look forward to reading the rest of this book!
I recently started a book called The giver by Lois Lowry. I have read a few chapters so far, but i really like it. The main character Jonas lives in a society with a lot of rules, and if you break one of the rules you have to go before the department of justice and once you break the rules three or more times you get released. In the house of the old its a good thing to get released, but im not quite sure what getting released is. I feel like if you are going to get "released" you are getting your death sentence. For example when the man who was flying the mysterious aircraft over head was released and everyone felt bad for him but in the house of the old a man got released and it was the happiest hes looked in a long time. So i am not really sure what released means but i am looking forward to reading more and figuring out what it means!
First things first, why am I reading this book? Well, I'm reading this book because I have never seen the 1973 Film, "The Exorcist", and I know it was quite a hit back then, and caused a lot of controversy. Anytime I hear someone from my generation speak about what they thought about the movie "The Exorcist", I hear words like "cheesy", and "funny". So the real reason I'm reading this book is because yes, 'scary' movies now a days are very advanced with its special effects and what not, and would make a masterpiece for its time like "The Exorcist" look "cheesy", So I figured, maybe if the movie won't really give me the good thrill I'm hoping for, if I read the original 1971 book by William Peter Blatty, my imagination could create a more horrific and intense view. Anyway, I don't really like reading, but so far I have read a mere 24 pages of the book, but I am really liking what I've read so far to be honest. I know the gist of the plot since I've heard about the movie, but the book is slightly different, so I am very excited to read this book. In the prologue, I was very surprised by the vivid image the book gave me, with its choice of words and phrasing, it was really exciting. After the prologue, came "Part I: The Beginning", Where we meet Chris, a young woman, a mother, and an actress, who is getting ready for a production the next day, when she hears rapping noises, and when she realizes it is not her 11 year old daughter, Regan, she is surprised, but just dismisses it as "mice in the attic" and goes to bed. I have read a little more then this but thats the main gist of it. I am really loving this book and can't wait to continue reading it. (Too lazy to find out how many words are in this but I'm sure its more than 100) P.S. I hope I post this thing in the correct place, I am confused.
I am reading a book called So B. It by Sarah Weeks. So far, I've read three chapters and have already learned a lot about the main character, Heidi It, and her situation. I think it's interesting that someone who isn't apart of Heidi's family has helped her with her mom's disability and also while taking care of Heidi at the same time. It makes me feel like I want to know more about Heidi and her caregiver, Mrs. Bernadette. I can't wait to read the rest of the story and find out what happens to Heidi It and how this situation will affect the rest of her life.
Good first post and good thoughts. The post looks just a little shy of 100 words but I did not count them individually. Just make sure you are checking your word count!
I am reading the book, “Found” by Margret Peterson Haddix. In chapter one, we were introduced to many characters. The main two characters we were introduced to were Chip and Jonah. Chip is the seventh grade best friend of Jonah. I think Jonah is a kid who looks nothing like the rest of his family and he knows it. So far I have read twelve chapters of Found and I am very interested about this book. I have so many different questions about this book. For example, what is the deal with the letters that both Chip and Jonah have received? I also want to know who the man was that was talking to Jonah in the bathroom at the FBI agent’s office. I am very excited to see what happens next in the book!
I am reading the book Hatchet by Gary Paul Sen. So far I've learned that the main character, Brian Roberson, is thirteen years old. He is going through some family problems. His mother and father are divorced. Him and his mom live in New York state, while his dad lives on an oil field in Canada. Brian has to lake a flight in a Cessna 406 plane in Hampton. Because the plane has only two seats, he has to sit in the copilot seat next to the main pilot. They fly over a huge forest with several swamps and lakes. During the middle of the flight, the pilot has a massive heart attack and dies. Brian is forced to fly the plane alone above the forest. After more than two hours the plane runs out of fuel and Brian tries to glide the plane down and crash land in one of the lakes. He manages to get to a lake when suddenly the plane explodes in the water.
I am reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman. In the first chapter a girl named Mia, her brother Teddy, and their parents are drinking coffee. The setting is in Oregon and in winter. Mia has a boyfriend named Adam and he’s in a tour with his band. Mia’s best friend in school is named Kim. School was canceled because of snow. Later in the morning the snow started to melt so the family decided to go visit their musical friends Henry, Willow, and their new baby girl. A pickup truck slams right into the passenger side. Mia woke up and found her parents both dead but Teddy was missing! While looking for Teddy she stumbled upon a body. She realizes that the body isn’t Teddy’s; it’s hers.
For my first quarter book, I am reading Eragon and am currently more than a quarter through it. The book is about a boy named Eragon who lives with his uncle and cousin. While hunting he stumbles upon a mysterious egg that eventually hatches a dragon named Saphira. For some reason Eragon has a special connection with her and can talk to her telepathicly, this is because he is one of the last dragon riders. After his uncle is killed by demons who want to kill him and Saphira, he goes on a quest with an old man named Brom to find them.
I am reading the book called The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros. This is my first time reading the book and so far it is pretty good. Esperanza is talking about moving into her new house on Mango Street because the house on Loomis was in pretty bad shape. When she was leaving on Loomis a lady asked” where do you live” and Esperanza pointed and all you saw was paint peeling, wooden bars nailed on the window and the lady proceeded to ask again, “you live there” and the way the women asked the question I thought it made Esperanza feel ashamed because maybe the lady was thinking the house was abandoned. Esperanza says to herself, “I knew then I had to have a house”. A real house. Why does Esperanza want a real house so bad; shouldn't she be happy she lives somewhere? I am reading the House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros.
Matthew Fowler Book: The Things They Carried Author: Tim O’Brien Chapter 1 The Things They Carried When I first proceeded to read this book I thought it would just be like any other war book I have read before, but it was much more different from what I was expecting. Like the title and chapter hence it started off by talking what the soldier’s carried. It could any where from military standard gear, personal items, or the false the world each soldier created for themselves. Constantly having to march through the jungle with everything weighing them down and doing same things over and over. From what I understand from the book the soldiers acted like actors when came to death. Saying the same things over about each death and comparing the death of a soldier named Lavender to the falling of cement because of the weight they carried. Though Lieutenant Cross blamed himself for Lavenders death because of his fixation for a woman named Martha. Constantly day dreaming about her in the middle of marching or the repetitive tasks they did ever day, but in my opinion you can’t prevent every death. Near the end of the chapter though he did decided that he would act like the Lieutenant that he should been the entire time and lead his platoon through what terrors waited for them in the jungle of Vietnam. From what I read so far I expect this be great book and being a lot more diverse from my usual reads.
I am reading Legend by Marie Lu. I've had read chapter one, and two of the book its very boring at the moment because it’s just describing the characters. The two main characters are Day and June. Day is a terrorist to the Republic, Western part of the old United States, and June is a military prodigy for the Republic. The Republic is fighting the Colonies. The one question that I have about this book at the moment is how the war came to be. I hope the answer comes quickly because it’s driving me crazy. I feel like this book is going to be like The Hugergames and Divergent, exciting and adventurous.
Currently I am reading Wild Blue Yonder by William Price Fox. So far in chapter 1 the book has introduced a lot of characters. The main character's name is Earl Edge. His family lives in South Carolina in 1943. I like how him and his dad are very musically talented. But, I think Earl is a trouble maker in his small town and the police do not like that. I think Earl and his dad have a good relationship together, because they play music together. I am not sure why they have so much stuff in their yard and in the neighbors yards. I think the Mom was made to move down there from up north with her family and she does not seem to like it.
I am reading ‘Cirque Du Freak” the main charters are Darren, Mr.Crepsley, and Evra the snake-boy. Honestly I am on the 6 chapter and the book has gotten really good! They one thing that what to know why Mr.Crepsley left the vampire generals? I fell that this book will be really good and that Darren will find out what the vampire council is and what is there job and why Mr.Crepsley is worried that something will happen to him? I also what to know why Mr.Crepsley is acting so weird? I also want to know what happens in his date he goes with Debbie (Debbie is the girl in the other building that his seen Darren playing outside and in his room playing with Evra) the story Darren told her was that Mr.Crepsley was his “dad” and that Evra is his brother with a medical condition because Evra has snake scales.
I am reading I am Number Four. I have only read two chapters, but I have been well informed. The main character is a boy who is not from Earth. He and his guardian are from a planet called Lorein. When they first came to Earth, eight others were with them. They split up all over earth to ensure their chances of survival. They are being hunted by these evil monsters called Mogadorians. All of his kind wear a special amulet that ensure that they will by killed by a mogadorian in numerical order. The living of his kind gains a circular scar on their ankle whenever one of their kind dies. The boy has three scars. He is number four. He and his guardian must move locations and change their identities at every sign of danger. At this point in the story his name is John Smith. I am interested to see where they take this plot. How far can they travel without being noticed?
I am reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. I read the first chapter which was fairly short. The starting of the story tells a little background of a kid named Colin Singleton who has dated nineteen girls named Katherine which is really unusual to have dated that many girls with the exact same first name. He just graduated high school and was dumped for the nineteenth time by a girl named Katherine, what a surprise. So he is dealing how any other person would deal with a break up by being in grief and wanting to have time to themselves.His parents were just talking to him because he was concerned and just out of no where he ran to the bathroom and "puked his guts out" as it says on page thirteen. At the end of the chapter he is basically rereading over what other people wrote in it, especially what Katherine the nineteenth wrote just four days ago on the yearbook. I really think this is a great way of starting the book because it only gives enough information to actually make your interest grow while reading. I really also enjoy the way John Green uses his words from the third person point of view.
I am currently reading "The Red Pyramid" by Rick Riordan. I think this book will be great because most of Rick Riordan's books are very good. On the cover of the novel, there is a girl, a boy, and I suppose is a giant serpent. The girl on the cover has her arm stretched out with what looks like hieroglyphics and the boy has an egyptian sword called a khopesh. So far the book is pretty good, but it can be a little confusing at times. I really enjoy how there are egyptian gods in the book because I am very interested in books that are like that.
I am reading Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff. The characters include Hollis Woods, Steven, Josie, The Old Man, the mustard woman, Henry (the dog), Beatrice, and Izzy. I think of Hollis as an imaginative, young foster girl. I like how Hollis reflects on her past so I know about her previous family (Steven, Izzy, and The Old Man). I love this book, because Hollis thinks about life as if it was a picture being drawn in her mind. Pictures of Hollis Woods is a very detailed and descriptive book. I recommend this book to people who like descriptive writing. By Grace K. Ehlers
I am reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Hazel grace, one of the main characters, is described. She was pronounced with lung cancer at thirteen. Since then, she has been completely inert. I think it is very unusual how she describes life of everyone dying. However, I like to see how a cancer patient views life being on the edge not knowing when they would leave their loved ones. Then, she met Augustus and she began to smile again. August is a cancer patient, too. I can relate to Augustus because we are both happy with life, but also as scared of dying as I am. So far, I have been obsessed with this book and how they stood in a group together and found each other without knowing each other. I can’t wait to read more about this strong relationship of Cancer patients. –Jamie Byerley(147 words) 4B
I am reading a book called “Outbreak” by Robert Tine. When I first saw the book, I thought it was awesome because of the summary on the back cover and the picture of a monkey with sharp teeth on the front cover. But when I read the prologue, it was boring. All it talked about were the five soldiers that were in the war and how scared they were. The narrator also talked about a doctor named Raswini that healed the wounded soldiers from war. He could also treat malaria, Dengue fever and other types of diseases. I thought Motaba was a killer monkey that attacked people by jumping on their faces. Instead, Motaba was a virus that was named after a river in Africa. As I read, I hope that the other chapters are better than the prologue. I hope I didn’t get the wrong book. (147 words) - Shaina Williams
I am reading 'The Giver" by Lois Lowry. I am enjoying this book. This tells you how good it is because reading is not my favorite thing to do. "The Giver" has action and mystery.The book is about a utopia. I think it would be boring to live in a place like that. Everything is the same. There is no color, everything is bland. "The Giver" is an actual person that is in control of all memories. He has all the great memories and all the horrible memories. The book takes place as the current Giver has found the new Giver. The new Giver doesn't want the job at first because he won't get to spend time with his friends. I wouldn't want to be the Giver either because you don't get to talk about your life with anyone. You also have to go in earlier than everyone else. It would be good to have all the awesome memories, though.
I am reading The Invention of Hugo Cabret, and i just finished a couple chapters tarts about a orphaned boy/clock keeper and thief who lives behind the walls of a busy train station in Paris, France. Outside those walls in the train station is a toy booth owned by an old man whose toys are getting stolen, and he is mad. Later that night, Hugo got caught stealing toys by the old man and almost got put into prison. I like this book because in each chapter is like a really good mystery. i can't wait of how I will react to the ending.
I'm reading a book called Inner Circle. I'm currently on the 7th chapter. This book is about a group of girls who are in a prestigious private school. Previously the year before the main character Reed's boyfriend got murdered by a group of girls who were jealous of Reed. As of right now Reed has just arrived to the school from last summer. They’ve just had their induction ceremony in the chapel where they meet each year, and they find that there are some new people who are attending the school now. I think that these people are going to have a main part in the next chapters. I personally don't enjoy this book too much because most of the girls are snobby and rude. There isn't really any action, which makes the book not too interesting. Hopefully the story will get more interesting over the time. (revised) (147)
I am reading a book called Hatchet. It is a great book so far and i have only gotten to half of the second chapter. So far this book is filled with emotion, action, and nerves. In chapter one a thirteen year old kid named Brian is suppose to be flying to Canada to see his dad, his parents are devorced and he hates that. He hates the word divorced and split and lawyer. He hates anything to do with his parents spilt. While fyilng in a two person plain the pilot taught him how to fly a plain, so later on in the plain the pilot starts to hold his chest and say help me and Brian figures out that he is having a heart attack and doesnt know what to do execpt for like CPR and mouth to mouth but he doesn't know how to do those either. So now he has to fly the plain until he gets to saftey.
I've tried to read 'The Book Thief' multiple times before only to find that it's simply confusing. I can't tell if someone is watching the thief, found a journal of hers (Lisel Meminger); whom is the thief, or if the narrator is simply telling a story. I've also noticed that the book doesn't really have chapters (or at least it's not numbered like chapters usually are). It's more like journal entries or divided parts. The first thing that confused me about the novel was the prologue. In the prologue the narrator basically introduces himself- the color-and the book thief. The prologue is different from the ones that I've seen/read before. The 'narrator' seems more open than most het, he claims that it's not necessary for him to introduce himself since, we'll soon know him.He gives a small theory which basically deals with 'colors' and how he sees them.Then, he states this book is a small story about six things, which I disagree on at the moment. He also states that he saw the book thief three times which, made the prologue more confusing than it already was.
I am reading the srpints Shadow it is about two kids who have the powers of Egyptian gods are trying to save the world from the Lord of Chaos their adventure they run into a lot of trouble this book is made by Rick Riordan who has also made the Percy Jackson series and the Heroes of Olympus series and many other fantastical books the series of the Serpent's shadow is called the Kane Carter series I like this book I really recommend it to other readers who like mythology and adventure books I think it is very fantastic and I like these kinds of books.
The book I am reading is The Gift by James Patterson. I have not read the whole book yet, I have only made it to Chapter 3, but as of right now I am really enjoying this book. The whole idea of the book is witchcraft and wizards and that can get a little confusing sometimes because I do not know much about how that stuff works and I am normally not into the science fiction kind of novels. The two main characters are Whit and Wisty and they are siblings. I do not know how old they each are, and it is hard to picture them because the details are not very clear. I really look foward to continuing on reading this book, hopefully all my questions about it will be answered in the end. - Sophie
I am reading "Deeply Odd"- by Dean Koontz. The main character are Odd Thomas, Annamaria,and Tim. Right now I'm on chapter one, each chapter is like thirty pages long or even longer. From what I read its a good book. There is a lot of questions I had at first, but then I started to understand the book. That what seemed confusing at the beginning. There is also many unusual things in the book that makes it confusing like he can daydream or dream about crimes that going to happen. That's just the beginning of the first chapter. In the middle of chapter one is where I predicted that Odd will dream or daydream to the future and see the first crime.
I am reading a book called I am number four. The book is very interesting. The book is about a boy from a different planet. His race is being chased and killed by mogadarians. There are nine people like the boy. He is the last of his kind. But they are slowly being killed. The boy lives with his guardian named Henri. The boy name was Daniel. Since he is on the run a lot he has to change his whole identity. So he moves to Ohio. And attends a new school. New documents are made of him. There are a lot settings in the book. I feel like this book is going to be great. Especially for the first four chapters. The boys new name is John Smith. I want to know where the other Kids like him are. I like books with supernatural or aliens in it. I believe someone is going to discover him. So he is going on a run of a lifetime. Sorry I could not indent and underline the title. This was sent from my phone. --- Jamar
This book is very interesting and it’s something that i would like to read. I have already read the first 2 chapters and there already getting exciting. They are telling me a cliff hanger already how it says at the beginning I am a half-blood, and also whenever Grover and Mr. Brunner were talking about Percy's safety for the summer for the monsters. I can't wait to read more and I’m pretty sure I can predict what might happen next, he will get kicked out of his school and have to go into another school and might find more monsters there and Grover will have to protect him. This book is about a half-blood kid trying to survive high school not only from monsters but from having good grades and not getting angry at people for doing something. That's why Grover is also there to calm him down and keep him out of trouble. I don't really know what else to say, the book has me at high hopes and I will continue to constantly read and blog about what’s new and exciting for chapters to come!
William Bryant Currently I am reading the book The Outsiders by S.E Hinton. So far it has introduced many of the characters. The main character Ponyboy is a young boy that is in a gang and lives with his brothers. I like how Ponyboy’s family has a back ground story and live by their own rules because their parents died in a car accident. I believe that someone will probably get jumped or hurt since Johnny and Ponyboy have been jumped by the Socs. One thing that I dislike is that Ponyboy completely admires his brother Sodapop but, for some reason him and his oldest brother Dally don’t get along.
I started a book in the ranger's apprentice series. It deals with the main character, Halt, getting prepared to be married to the love of his life a very wealthy castle official. It also mainly deals with Will, the other main character, who is halt's apprentice as a ranger and has been for years. Obviously they have grown used to each other and I can't wait to see how they deal with being apart. Will starts to doubt if he is a ready to become a silver leaf, official ranger, instead of a bronze leaf, apprentice ranger, or if he has enough talent. This also means he will be assigned his own area or region to look over and he will be separated from halt. I hope they will come together and work together to overcome their separate but equally troublesome issues. Also I can't wait to read more!
I am reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman. This week, Mia’s family was in a car crash, and she is the only one that survived. She is injured and is in grave condition but is stuck outside of her body. She goes through a series of surgeries, but it’s unclear whether she is going to live or not. I wonder if Mia is going to choose to stay alive so she can be with her friends and boyfriend or if she is going to die like the rest of her family. Also, her younger brother’s death wasn’t talked about but I inferred that he died too because Mia’s family and friends talk about how she’s the only one left. I am excited to read more to see what happens to Mia. I really like how throughout this book, there are flashbacks to let you know more about Mia's past. Laurel Kirk (133 words)
I am reading If I Stay by: Gayle Forman. So far the main character is Mia, she plays the cello and is hoping to get into Julliard. I'm really anxious to see weather she gets her audition or not because, it could be a really good opportunity to start something big. The tragic thing that happened, is her and her family got into a really bad car accident. She gets up and see's her mom being put into a bag, so i'm thinking her mom was killed. Mia's dad should be fine but, she cant find her brother, teddy. When she walks over to see if she found teddy, she realizes she's looking at herself. Mia goes with her body to the hospital and see's everything that is happening. I'm curious to see her boyfriend, Adam's reaction when he finds out or who is even contacting him about it. Mia has not talked to him or seen him in about two mouths. I'm excited to read more of the story to see whats going to happen next and where teddy is at. --- Miah
I am reading Violets are Blue by James Paterson. You may think it is a love story or a romance by the title or the cover of the book but if you open it up and start reading you will find out very shortly that it is not a love/ romance story. In fact it’s probably the complete opposite, so far in this book there have been four murders and all four as gruesome as the last. The mail character is Alex cross who is a detective who works for the FBI. He has solved many famous mysterious and has a good reputation, I’m only on chapter eleven and there is already a lot of action and I think the killer or killers are vampires, and maybe a tiger. This story has really caught my attention and fast and it’s hard for me to get into a book sometime but I don’t think I have liked a book as much as this one before and I’m only on chapter eleven. I think this book is very mysterious and exciting, it’s not boring and doesn’t drag on forever but it’s not too short it has very good detail and very good vocabulary I think it is more modern so that is another reason why I really like this book. The book is a fast pace book a lot of stuff happens fast but not too fast so it’s hard to understand it’s at the right pace. Well for me at least, I would recommend this book to a wide variety of people because it have so many different genres in it, in my opinion this is a very good book written by a very good author as far as I can tell, but James Paterson is my favorite author so that just my opinion. - Kyle Oldham
I am reading The Hunger Games By: suzanne collins I love this book and i don't like reading, but this book i just see in my mind this family with a mother and two daughters without a father living in a district with little food and little money to support the family. I like how catniss everdeen does illegal things to help support her family, because its just very exciting and i never know what will happen next. When catnisses sisters name was drawn from the bowl i was kind of in shock because i didn't know that someone else can volunteer to go so i was a little confused. When peeta was called i was thinking about how they will have to fight each other till death which is a horrible thought but thats what they will have to do.
I am reading fade by Lisa Mcmann. It is a very interesting book so far. The main character, Lisa, is a senior in high school who has the ability to read peoples dreams. This ability is useful at times and can also be very painful for her. Lisa lives in a small apartment with her mom who is never sober. Lisa also works for the police force with her friend Cabel. The story is very confusing at times , especially when Lisa enters other peoples dreams. When she goes into these dreams it is usually for business and for finding out who did what that the police want them for. It is very suspenseful at times throughout the story. It is really good at keeping you interested in the story line and it also does a good job of relating the reader to the character and lets you feel for them.
i am reading Stars Wars Attack of the Clones by Patricia Wrede, i have watched the movie already a couple times but i have never read the book. The book is interesting so far it goes in more detail then the movie does. The main character is Padme, who was a queen of this planet called Naboo but now’s shes in the republic senate. The other character that i know of are Anakin Skywalker hes a jedi and Obi Wan kenobi hes also a jedi all and all right now i think the book hes gone in deeper detail then the movie has i like the book.
The book I am reading is Percy Jackson and the lighting thief by Rick Riordan .The cover of the book shows Percy, a demigod, son of Poseidon holding a sword and a horn. The cover also shows the city in front of Percy while he is in water. The book takes place in modern time, New York. The book starts of with Percy on a field trip with his algebra teacher and his latin teacher The book, to me, is very interesting and is a great book for people who love adventure. The book does not have a slow start at all it is exciting from the start. I cannot wait to further get into the story. - Jordan Garcia
I am reading The Chimera Vector by Nathan M. Farrugia. This book is about a secret organization, called The Fifth Column, which controls, government, business, and even terrorist groups. I like this book because it is a very interesting book because of the mystery in the beginning when learning about the Fifth Column. I also like this book because it is a book that gets people thinking about what is true and what is an illusion. If a person finds out anything about the Fifth Column, the Fifth Column will make a fake news report labeling them a terrorist. My favorite character is Damien, Damien is a big tough person who worked for the Fifth Column, and when he discovered the truth, he joined the rebellion. When a fake war on terrorism is going on there is a hidden real war going on between the rebellion, Acana, and the Fifth Column. I think Acana’s plan is necessary but at the same time, very extreme. The mystery and suspense of this book makes it a very good book in my opinion.
I read the first three pages of Drive-By. They were exciting, Timothy aka Tito as everyone calls him. Is the serious middle child who is very responsible. Tito’s younger sister Mina wants to be a princess when she grows up. She’s at that young age when she believes that’s possible. Then there is the oldest Jimmy which as his mom calls him funny-bone. He can make anyone laugh their hardest. Anyways Jimmy is always calling Tito worry toad. Because Tito is always worrying and not having fun. Everyone in Tito’s family is good looking except Tito. He has a nose too big for his face and his eyes are to small for his nose. Well this is really all I’ve read, but I’m really interested in reading more, and finding out who was in the drive-by.
I read the first three pages of Drive-By. They were exciting, Timothy aka Tito as everyone calls him. Is the serious middle child who is very responsible. Tito’s younger sister Mina wants to be a princess when she grows up. She’s at that young age when she believes that’s possible. Then there is the oldest Jimmy which as his mom calls him funny-bone. He can make anyone laugh their hardest. Anyways Jimmy is always calling Tito worry toad. Because Tito is always worrying and not having fun. Everyone in Tito’s family is good looking except Tito. He has a nose too big for his face and his eyes are to small for his nose. Well this is really all I’ve read, but I’m really interested in reading more, and finding out who was in the drive-by.
I am reading the "Hunger Games " which I think the book is Really GOOD and has alot of details. After reading the book I each the movie and in my opinion I believe that the book is better than the movie.The reason why is better is because that in the book you except something different. So that is my book I hope you like my post!!!
I am coming to a close on the book Legend by Marie Lu. Day, the terrorist of the Republic, has been caught and given an execution date. This frightens me a bit because Day is my favorite character. Unlike most books, Legend is unpredictable which makes the situation that Day is in more serious. Then there’s June, the one who caught Day. She has now figured out the plans of the Republic. Will she choose to be loyal to her government, or try to do what is right and risk everything for a terrorist? All I know is in this book you have to be ready to expect the unexpected.
my book FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS by Tracy Kidder its about a football team in a bad tow were murder rate start to sky rocket and a town lat is socially a racially divided but on Friday night it a different story because on Friday is were west Texas town dreams can come true and this place is not know for beeing a place of big dream but in this book but on Friday night any thing is possibal when
my book Friday Night Lights by H.G.Bissingeris a book based of a true story of a team in west Texas and and on the cover of the book show three football players holding hands as they began to walk on to the field before the game starts this book is kinda slow to me at the start of the book but once you start to read a bit more you will start to get in it a bit more and i have read books like it and i have to say this is one of the best one i have read.This book is a bout a little town in west Texas that is racially and socially divided and murders have sky rocketed but during football season on Friday nights that all changes everyone get to gether to watch there favorite team the Permian High School Panthers play and they say that when they play dreams are possibal.
I am currently reading a book called So B. It by Sarah Weeks. So far, I have read eleven chapters and a lot has happened. Heidi It, who is a twelve year-old girl trying to find out about her and her mother's past, travels to New York in hopes of finding the answers she needs. The fact that she's doing this gives me an, "I can do this!" feeling. The closer she gets to New York, I feel like that not only does she meet new people and learn new things about them, but she also learns new things about herself as well. This book is very inspirational and I can't wait to find out how it ends.
I am still reading The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty, I've now read 112 pages. The book itself has this kind of chapter back to back story going on, one chapter talks about events going on in Damien Karras' life (Damien Karras is a young priest who has lost his faith) and one chapter talking about whats going on with Chris and Regan. This is neat because I know that somewhere in the book these two will be merged. Anyway Karras is dealing with the loss of his mother, and is overwhelmed with guilt because he felt he never spent enough time with her. The book really gets at describing Karras' emotions and it really makes you feel bad for him. A summary of what has been going on with Chris and Regan is, Regan began to play with a Ouija Board, and began to fall 'ill', she is doing poorly at school, swearing, she soiled herself at Chris' party, and now her mother has witnessed her bed shaking. The book is really starting to get more intense, I'm really starting to like it even more, because it gives me chills, and I really am not spooked so easily, especially from books. I have never felt so drawn to read before ever in my life.
I am reading the book beautiful creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl. Chapter one was quite interesting cause it went straight into the story like if you already knew what was going on. For instance he was falling out the sky but he was trying to grab someone who wasn't made out that good but was easy to tell it was a girl. He couldn't save her. I can relate to him cause his mother had died and he lives with his house maid and father. I think this book could do a lot better but I'm not fully into the book. I recommend this book to anyone who reads big books and enjoys vampires too.
I am reading Theodore Boone:The Accused by John Grisham. The book follows Theo Boone, a young wannabe lawyer, as he gets framed for crimes he didn't commit. I really feel like this would happen if a kid lawyer and his two lawyer parents were framed for theft. Since he is a high schooler dealing with school as well as being a lawyer, I can relate to him. I am excited to find out what happens to Theo, and if he finds who really stole the stuff. There is also the case of Pete Duffy, a wife murdering phycho, who is trying to escape the country. Pete Duffy got a mistrial last book and has escaped the city. Theo himself had solved the case of Pete Duffy and wants his work to be rewarded. Pete Duffy is a smart criminal and I want to see how the cops catch him because it would be interesting to read about.
I am about halfway through with the book called Search for the Shadowman by Joan Lowery Nixon. I picked this book because I thought the title was interesting. After reading the short summary, I saw that it was not what I thought it was going to be about. It has been pretty interesting so far. The main character is a 12 year old little boy named Andy. He has a school assignment to find out about his family history. Andy is not happy about this assignment. I wouldn't be either because it would take a lot of time to talk to everybody in my family to get the information I needed. The story gets interesting as Andy realizes that his family is hiding something. No one will tell him what it is but he knows it has to be something really big. I haven't gotten to the part where he finds out what it is yet. I do know that a mysterious family member that no one talks about is involved. It would be interesting to find a family mystery and maybe even solve it. I want to know what happened in that family that everyone is covering up. I think it must have been something very bad. I will have to keep reading to find out. This book is turning out to be better than I thought. Hopefully it will have a good ending.
I am reading the eleventh plague by jeff hirch and its really good. Its about a boy and his father who is going through a tough time with a sickness that is whipping out the human population. The book is very interesting and has a good setting. The boys name is Stephen and his grandpa just died. His grandpa died because of the plague. The grandpa had a gold ring on his finger that stephen wanted to trade for food. But his dad wouldnt let him. They buried him in the middle of the woods. They looked in the back of the wagon and saw the grandpas old rifle.
I finished a book Monday called The City of Bones. It is a book in the Mortal Instrument Series. City of Bones has a lot of action and of course, just a little bit of romantic atmosphere to make it good but not too much to where it isn’t good anymore. The best thing about it though is the plot twists. Just when you think the book gets boring the author, Cassandra Clare makes it get really interesting with a sudden plot twist. The book is basically a cross breed between Harry Potter and Twilight. The book is about a group of characters who are called Shadow Hunters. The Shadow Hunters ultimate goal is to rid the Earth of demons. Clary, the main protagonist of the story, is a mundane (human) who shouldn’t see the magical world, but, of course she does. At first she doesn’t believe in any of it and then she finds out a lot of things about her past that make her start to believe in the fictional world. Along the way she meets a lot of interesting characters, which one of them she “falls head over heels” in love with but at the same time he does the same thing with her even though she doesn’t know it. This is truly a great book. I advise a lot of people to read this.
ReplyDeleteTell me more about what you think about the book and less of what it is about!
DeleteThe book I am doing is The Fault in Our Stars, The author is John Green. So there is this girl named Hazel Grace and she is suffering with leukemia in which she has to carry around an oxygen tank with her to help her breathe. She goes to this support group that met every Wednesday in a basement of a church which is a group of people that have a tumor of unwellness which she doesn’t like to go but in my opinion I think that it really helps her. This book has a lot of heart to it. It’s also a very sad book because she has cancer and she has to carry around an oxygen tank to help her breathe. By: Nicole Sparling
ReplyDeleteGood store. I want to hear more of your thoughts, though!
DeleteI am reading the Fault in our Stars by John Green. In chapter one the main character, Hazel Grace Lancaster is introduced. She is a sixteen year old girl with terminal lung cancer. So far I have read two chapters and was very interested with what Hazel had to say about her everyday life and how her cancer affects it. Hazel then talks about how her mother has made her start going to a cancer support group for kids like her and to help with her depression. In her support group she meets a boy named Augustus Waters and she is really intrigued by him. So far I am really enjoying this book and I look forward to seeing how her support group meetings and her relationship with Augustus progresses. (130 words)
ReplyDeleteI am reading Dead end in Norvelt by Jack Gantos I have only read four chapters but I find the book interesting. The setting of this book seems to take place during the cold war and the main character’s father is gone most of the time. The main character helps a woman write things the woman’s name is Mrs. Volker and she holds a ferocious loyalty to the founder of Norvelt Eleanor Roosevelt and the town itself. She writes obituaries and the newspaper for the town and played a major part in the town’s history but I am interested to find out what her role was in making Norvelt.
ReplyDeleteMore Sloan, less summary!
Delete“The City of Ember”
ReplyDeleteJeanne DuPrau
In “The city of embers” people live in total darkness except one light. I feel that this book is extraordinary and that it has a good plot. I think that if I lived in total darkness then I would be scared. Why do you think that people have despair in this life? Well people have despair because they can’t see in front of them and they’re worried whenever they’re ever going to see light and have full power in the city. If I were to give you one question about this book what do you think happens when a city loses power? What do people do after that happens.
Good thoughts. A little choppy.
DeleteI am reading a novel titled "Just Another Hero" by Sharon Draper, so far the book is not bad really. From what i've read so far I know that the main characters in the book are Arielle, November, Jericho and their friends have been through numerous of events together since they were in middle school. The one thing I dislike and have a question about is why Arielle bullied some lame kids in past and how older kids are treating her badly.
ReplyDeleteGood beginning blog. A little short...
DeleteShanon Draper is a great Author... If you enjoyed that read, Out of My Mind!! Its also by her, it is SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!
DeleteHeartbeat by Sharon creech. Thump, thump, thump goes the heartbeat. Max is a strange 13 year old boy, who is deeply serious, determined and he is training to escape. Annie is 12 and is so called a runner. Annie mom is pregnant with an alien baby. Is there really an alien baby?? Grandpa was once a champion racer, why did he stop running? The alien baby turned out to be a horse. Why was max called moody max? Why does Annie fear so much? She fears several things such as war, murder and being left alone. Love- running, drawing and laughing. Why is that?
ReplyDeleteChris - please change your username! Also, this is a little hard to follow. Try reading, closing the book, then writing.
DeleteWhat i read so far was about this a girl named Margrate Murry and no one liked her in school.She is vary protective over her brother and one day she got angry and beat up this guy for making fun of her brother .She got a black eye because of the fight . Her mother was not to happy about it . Her mother is a scientist and she has a lab down stars . Her brothers are vary smart but every one else thinks meg and her brother were not to bright .Then one stormy night she was in the attic and she could hear vary loud crashes of thunder so she went down to see who's up . Her brother was up drinking hot chocolate and he saved some for her.Meg said thanks and her brother Charles said do you want a sandwich ? Meg said yes and told him what she wanted on it .Thats what i read so far in the book. - Mary Katherine Sizemore
ReplyDeleteRemember to tell me your thoughts. Don't just summarize!
DeleteI'm reading a book called Inner Circle. I'm currently on the 7th chapter. This book is about a group of girls who are in a prestigious private school. Previously the year before the main character Reed's boyfriend got murdered by a group of girls. As of right now Reed has just arrived to the school from last summer. I personally don't enjoy this book too much because most of the girls are snobby and rude. There isn't really any action, which makes the book not too interesting. Hopefully the story will get more interesting over the time.
ReplyDeleteThis is a little short so make sure to check your word count. I hope the story gets better!
DeleteI am reading "Igraine the Brave". This book, so far, is about a girl named Igraine who lives in an old castle in Pimpernel with her family. Igraine has a brother and a mother and father; thats all to their family. She also has a cat named Sisyphus, it talks because of a magic potion. She is a younger sister to Albert and longs to be a knight and is not interested in magic at all. Albert is the oldest son of the house and is training to be a magician like his parents. Their parents, the Fair Melisande and Sir Lamorak the Willy. They are the greatest magicians between the Whispering Woods and the Giants's Hills. The most precious and saught-after possessions of Sir Lamorak and the Fair Malisande is the 'singing books of magic'. The nearest neighbor to the castle is the Baroness of Darkrock.
ReplyDeleteAlllllllllll summary. What do YOU think about what is going on in the book?
DeleteI am reading a book called The Giver by Lois Lowry. So far the book is about a boy named Jonas. He has two friends named Asher and Fiona. The book is about Jonas and right know its talking about where Jonas volunteers. At the Ceremony of 12 Jonas is worried about what he is going to be for when the ceremony of twelve is over. Jonas feels like everyone knows what they are going to be but him. Right now this is a really good book but that is as far as i have gotten so far. I dont know what is going to happen i think some thing will happen at the ceremony.
ReplyDeleteAnalise Alford
Good start. Let me hear more you!
DeleteWhat i have read in the book so far is about a hard-core family. The dad used to be in a rock band and her whole family is not like the ordinary, But Mia is different, she wants to become a professional cellist. Her family is on her way to her aunts baby shower and a four-ton pickup truck going sixty miles and hour slams right into the passenger side of their car. Mia wakes up, but she is not herself she is looking over herself and her family. She sees her dad lying on the ground, her mom, died instantly lying still on the pavement. She searched for her brother, Teddy, but she finds herself instead, blood soaked through her shirt and sweater, arm cut open to the bone, and her leg is askew. She starts to panic, wondering if she was dead or alive. Soon the paramedics come and but her parents in a black bag, and takes them away. She is rushed to the nearest hospital and then taken into a chopper the a hospital. That is all i have read so far.
ReplyDeleteLet me hear more about what YOU think!
DeleteThe Scorch Trials by James Dashner
ReplyDeleteI am reading the Scorch Trials and i have already read a good bit of the book. What's happening is a group of people know as the Gladers were trapped in a maze and were tested to escape. The main character Thomas and his friends escaped, but are promised safety and that its all over. But now they are trapped and have been told to participate in something called the Scorch Trials. Im not too sure what it is but they are trying to test the Gladers as they said to, 'save the human race' from the flare. Which is a disease that I'm not sure about. I think its crazy how they're making them go through all this crazy stuff which seems pointless. And Thomas' friend Teresa has disappeared, and I'm not sure where she went, but i think that she will reunite with the Gladers later in the story. I think at least half of them don't really know what they're getting into and wont make it thourg Scorch
Currently I am reading Wild Blue Yonder by William Price Fox. So far in chapter 1 the book has introduced a lot of characters. The main characters name is Earl Edge. They live in South Carolina in 1943. I like how they are very musically talented. I think he is a trouble maker in his small town and the police do not like that. I think Earl and his dad have a good relationship together. I am not sure why they have so much stuff in there yard and in the neighbors yards. I think the Mom was made to move down there with her family. - Bryson
ReplyDeleteGood start. Think deeper!
DeleteThe Alchemist Santiago and his herd had found an abandoned church. They have slept there for few nights. He had to wait four days with a girl, the daughter of the merchant, to reach the village. The boy and his herd had finally made it to the village, the girl stayed behind. Santiago was a traveler, always wanted to see new places, and constantly followed his heart instead of his parents’. His parents wanted him to be a preacher, but he didn’t want to be one. When he had reached the town, he observed the people that were there. He noticed that the village mostly had rich people. Next, his father gave his son three ancient Spanish gold coins. -Paulo Coelho --- Anastasia Ehlers
ReplyDeleteRemember to tell me what you think. Don't summarize!
DeleteI am reading the Fault in our Stars by John Green. In chapter one the main character, Hazel Grace Lancaster is introduced. She is a sixteen year old girl with terminal lung cancer. So far I have read two chapters and was very interested with what Hazel had to say about her everyday life and how her cancer affects it. Hazel then talks about how her mother has made her start going to a cancer support group for kids like her and to help with her depression. In her support group she meets a boy named Augustus Waters and she is really intrigued by him. So far I am really enjoying this book and I look forward to seeing how her support group meetings and her relationship with Augustus progresses. (130 words) Erica Kozmic 1B
ReplyDeleteVery good!
DeleteI am currently reading A Heart Divided by Kathleen Morgan. I have just started, and I'm only one chapter in, but I've already met lots of characters. It starts off with a young girl, Sarah Caldwell, talking about her poor money situation with her Papa and her two other brothers, Noah and Caleb. You then meet Cord Wainwright, a young boy who is the son of a man Sarah's father does not like. I can already tell that this is going to be an amazing book, not only by the way it's written, but also how it is more modernized. I can't wait to see what will happen to Sarah and Cord. (2A) --- Bailey Otto
ReplyDeleteGood start. Give me some deeper thoughts!
DeleteI am reading The Book Theif, and I just finished reading a couple chapters that talked about the bombing raids. I liked these chapters because they talked about how Lisel, the main character of the book, saw how scared everyone in the bunker at her neighbors was. I liked how this showed she cared for everyone there, even the jew Max who had to stay in the bunker at Lisel's foster parent's house bunker. I can't wait to see what happens to Max later in the story and how Lisel will react.
ReplyDeleteGreat thoughts. Be sure to check your word count!
DeleteI am reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. I have only read the first 9 chapters, but the book has gone really fast. It mainly follows the adventures of Arthur Dent, a guy who just had his house demolished, and Ford Defect, his alien friend, who happens to be writing a book about hitchhiking the galaxy, as they try and survive in the galaxy after the destruction of Earth. So far, they have found themselves in an alien spaceship with something called "the Heart of Gold" in it. I'd like to know more what happens to the two of them and what the Heart of Gold is. It seems like a pretty important object.
ReplyDeleteGood work!
DeleteThe Maze Runner
ReplyDeleteThe story The Maze Runner begins with Thomas, the main character, in a metal moving box. This box is similar to an elevator and Thomas can feel it ascending. Thomas can not remember specific people, places, events, or things. He only remembers his name and the general things. Suddenly, the box door opens and Thomas is pulled out by a group of 50 to 60 boys. These boys live in an area called Glade. This area is surrounded by massively tall thick walls of concrete and stone. There are four entrances in and out of Glade. The walls move to open in the morning and move to close at night. Outside of Glade is a maze of the massively tall moving walls. When Thomas first arrives, he notices that the boys use words such as, “Shank, shuck, klunk, and greenie and that all the boys are teenagers. “Shank and shuck” are words the boys call each other. “Greenie or greenbean” are words that the boys call the new teenagers that come out of the box. The box is basically an elevator that goes up to deliver supplies and new male teenagers to Glade, but it never brings females. It also never takes anything down, it has to be empty or it won’t go back down. The first person that Thomas meets is Alby, the leader of Glade, then he meets Newt, the co-leader of Glade. Newt tells Thomas to go find Chuck because Chuck is in charge of Thomas’ sleeping arrangements. After Thomas finds Chuck, he feeds Thomas food from the Frypan, the kitchen. Chuck and Thomas go to the Homestead where Thomas meets Gally, a mean bully. Thomas is told not to go upstairs because he is a newbie, or a new boy. His curiosity leads him upstairs anyway where he finds a sick boy that was stung by a Griever. A Griever is a dangerous creature that lives outside Glade and comes out only at night. Ben, the sick boy is said to be going through, “The Changing”; since he got attacked by a Griever. Alby is is not happy that Thomas went upstairs so he forces him outside with Chuck. Thomas settles down for the night in a corner of Glade after the doors close.
You definitely met the minimum word count, but this is all summary! Let me hear more Bradley next time and less Dashner.
DeleteI am reading Graceling by Kristin Cashore and so far I am really enjoying the story. I have almost finished this book cover to cover and I can't put it down. This story is very interesting and keeps you on the edge of your seat, the main plot of this story is about gracelings such as the main character Katsa. Gracelings are people who are gifted with certain talents at birth, Katsa's is fighting, they also are gifted with each eye a different color. Where Kasta lives gracelings are to be under watch and once they find out they are graced they are to be sent to the king to be servants. When Katsa meets Prince Po who is also graced she starts to see more secrets her world is hiding from her and sets out on a treacherous adventure to fix everything. I am very excited to see how this book will end and what adventures lie ahead for Katsa.
ReplyDeleteGood beginning blog. Next time, more you and less summary!
DeleteI am reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I have only read a few chapters of the book, but it sure is interesting. I really like the way Katniss explains everything about her life. She is very truthful and she can seem a bit heartless at times. Their situation is very sad. I feel bad for all that Katniss has witnessed and been through. Although I do wonder what exactly was going through Katniss’s moms head when she heard one of her daughters named being called. Was she sad, or angry? Was she even hurt at all? For Katniss to volunteer for her sister was a bold move. I was pretty confused on how the districts were started and what exactly happened to the thirteenth district. I think after this Katniss will begin her training and get closer to Peeta. I also believe that she may get closer to some of the other tributes.
ReplyDeleteI am reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. Santiago and his herd had found an abandoned church. They have slept there for few nights. He had to wait four days with a girl, the daughter of the merchant, to reach the village. The boy and his herd had finally made it to the village, the girl stayed behind. Santiago was a traveler, always wanted to see new places, and constantly followed his heart instead of his parents’. His parents wanted him to be a preacher, but he didn’t want to be one. When he had reached the town, he observed the people that were there. He noticed that the village mostly had rich people. Next, his father gave his son three ancient Spanish gold coins.
ReplyDeleteI didn't hear any of your own ideas! Keep that in mind : )
DeleteI am reading the book Divergent by Veronica Roth. I am only a few chapters in, but I'm loving it so far. I have been introduced to the faction system and Beatrice's family.Beatrice is a part of the Abnegation faction but after reading a few pages I could already tell she wasn't meant to belong in Abnegation . I think that Beatrice belongs in Dauntless. She has the chance to change her faction and I hope she takes that opportunity to get into the right faction . During her aptitude test she got more then one faction which deemed her to be "divergent". We haven't figured out what divergent means exactly but we know that it must not be something good by how the way the test lady rushed her out.This book has captured my attention and I look forward to reading the rest of this book!
ReplyDeleteI recently started a book called The giver by Lois Lowry. I have read a few chapters so far, but i really like it. The main character Jonas lives in a society with a lot of rules, and if you break one of the rules you have to go before the department of justice and once you break the rules three or more times you get released. In the house of the old its a good thing to get released, but im not quite sure what getting released is. I feel like if you are going to get "released" you are getting your death sentence. For example when the man who was flying the mysterious aircraft over head was released and everyone felt bad for him but in the house of the old a man got released and it was the happiest hes looked in a long time. So i am not really sure what released means but i am looking forward to reading more and figuring out what it means!
ReplyDeleteGood job choosing one topic and focusing.
DeleteAlan Rangel
ReplyDeleteEnglish 1A
8/22/14
Book: The Exorcist
Author: William Peter Blatty
First things first, why am I reading this book? Well, I'm reading this book because I have never seen the 1973 Film, "The Exorcist", and I know it was quite a hit back then, and caused a lot of controversy. Anytime I hear someone from my generation speak about what they thought about the movie "The Exorcist", I hear words like "cheesy", and "funny". So the real reason I'm reading this book is because yes, 'scary' movies now a days are very advanced with its special effects and what not, and would make a masterpiece for its time like "The Exorcist" look "cheesy", So I figured, maybe if the movie won't really give me the good thrill I'm hoping for, if I read the original 1971 book by William Peter Blatty, my imagination could create a more horrific and intense view. Anyway, I don't really like reading, but so far I have read a mere 24 pages of the book, but I am really liking what I've read so far to be honest. I know the gist of the plot since I've heard about the movie, but the book is slightly different, so I am very excited to read this book. In the prologue, I was very surprised by the vivid image the book gave me, with its choice of words and phrasing, it was really exciting. After the prologue, came "Part I: The Beginning", Where we meet Chris, a young woman, a mother, and an actress, who is getting ready for a production the next day, when she hears rapping noises, and when she realizes it is not her 11 year old daughter, Regan, she is surprised, but just dismisses it as "mice in the attic" and goes to bed. I have read a little more then this but thats the main gist of it. I am really loving this book and can't wait to continue reading it. (Too lazy to find out how many words are in this but I'm sure its more than 100) P.S. I hope I post this thing in the correct place, I am confused.
Alan, this post is very good! Good job relating your novel to the real world and thinking deeply about it.
DeleteI am reading a book called So B. It by Sarah Weeks. So far, I've read three chapters and have already learned a lot about the main character, Heidi It, and her situation. I think it's interesting that someone who isn't apart of Heidi's family has helped her with her mom's disability and also while taking care of Heidi at the same time. It makes me feel like I want to know more about Heidi and her caregiver, Mrs. Bernadette. I can't wait to read the rest of the story and find out what happens to Heidi It and how this situation will affect the rest of her life.
ReplyDeleteGood first post and good thoughts. The post looks just a little shy of 100 words but I did not count them individually. Just make sure you are checking your word count!
DeleteI am reading the book, “Found” by Margret Peterson Haddix. In chapter one, we were introduced to many characters. The main two characters we were introduced to were Chip and Jonah. Chip is the seventh grade best friend of Jonah. I think Jonah is a kid who looks nothing like the rest of his family and he knows it. So far I have read twelve chapters of Found and I am very interested about this book. I have so many different questions about this book. For example, what is the deal with the letters that both Chip and Jonah have received? I also want to know who the man was that was talking to Jonah in the bathroom at the FBI agent’s office. I am very excited to see what happens next in the book!
ReplyDeleteI am reading the book Hatchet by Gary Paul Sen. So far I've learned that the main character, Brian Roberson, is thirteen years old. He is going through some family problems. His mother and father are divorced. Him and his mom live in New York state, while his dad lives on an oil field in Canada. Brian has to lake a flight in a Cessna 406 plane in Hampton. Because the plane has only two seats, he has to sit in the copilot seat next to the main pilot. They fly over a huge forest with several swamps and lakes. During the middle of the flight, the pilot has a massive heart attack and dies. Brian is forced to fly the plane alone above the forest. After more than two hours the plane runs out of fuel and Brian tries to glide the plane down and crash land in one of the lakes. He manages to get to a lake when suddenly the plane explodes in the water.
ReplyDeleteI hear no Devin in this post! Make sure you tell me what you THINK.
DeleteI am reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman. In the first chapter a girl named Mia, her brother Teddy, and their parents are drinking coffee. The setting is in Oregon and in winter. Mia has a boyfriend named Adam and he’s in a tour with his band. Mia’s best friend in school is named Kim. School was canceled because of snow. Later in the morning the snow started to melt so the family decided to go visit their musical friends Henry, Willow, and their new baby girl. A pickup truck slams right into the passenger side. Mia woke up and found her parents both dead but Teddy was missing! While looking for Teddy she stumbled upon a body. She realizes that the body isn’t Teddy’s; it’s hers.
ReplyDeleteI hear no Grace! Next time, more you and less summary!
DeleteFor my first quarter book, I am reading Eragon and am currently more than a quarter through it. The book is about a boy named Eragon who lives with his uncle and cousin. While hunting he stumbles upon a mysterious egg that eventually hatches a dragon named Saphira. For some reason Eragon has a special connection with her and can talk to her telepathicly, this is because he is one of the last dragon riders. After his uncle is killed by demons who want to kill him and Saphira, he goes on a quest with an old man named Brom to find them.
ReplyDeleteI need to hear what you think!
DeleteI am reading the book called The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros. This is my first time reading the book and so far it is pretty good. Esperanza is talking about moving into her new house on Mango Street because the house on Loomis was in pretty bad shape. When she was leaving on Loomis a lady asked” where do you live” and Esperanza pointed and all you saw was paint peeling, wooden bars nailed on the window and the lady proceeded to ask again, “you live there” and the way the women asked the question I thought it made Esperanza feel ashamed because maybe the lady was thinking the house was abandoned.
ReplyDeleteEsperanza says to herself, “I knew then I had to have a house”. A real house. Why does Esperanza want a real house so bad; shouldn't she be happy she lives somewhere?
I am reading the House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros.
Very good start for a first blog. Try to give a little more you and a little less summary.
DeleteMatthew Fowler
ReplyDeleteBook: The Things They Carried
Author: Tim O’Brien
Chapter 1 The Things They Carried
When I first proceeded to read this book I thought it would just be like any other war book I have read before, but it was much more different from what I was expecting. Like the title and chapter hence it started off by talking what the soldier’s carried. It could any where from military standard gear, personal items, or the false the world each soldier created for themselves. Constantly having to march through the jungle with everything weighing them down and doing same things over and over. From what I understand from the book the soldiers acted like actors when came to death. Saying the same things over about each death and comparing the death of a soldier named Lavender to the falling of cement because of the weight they carried. Though Lieutenant Cross blamed himself for Lavenders death because of his fixation for a woman named Martha. Constantly day dreaming about her in the middle of marching or the repetitive tasks they did ever day, but in my opinion you can’t prevent every death. Near the end of the chapter though he did decided that he would act like the Lieutenant that he should been the entire time and lead his platoon through what terrors waited for them in the jungle of Vietnam. From what I read so far I expect this be great book and being a lot more diverse from my usual reads.
This is a good start. It reads a little choppy, but you are on the right track!
DeleteI am reading Legend by Marie Lu. I've had read chapter one, and two of the book its very boring at the moment because it’s just describing the characters. The two main characters are Day and June. Day is a terrorist to the Republic, Western part of the old United States, and June is a military prodigy for the Republic. The Republic is fighting the Colonies. The one question that I have about this book at the moment is how the war came to be. I hope the answer comes quickly because it’s driving me crazy. I feel like this book is going to be like The Hugergames and Divergent, exciting and adventurous.
ReplyDeleteGood work. Just a couple grammatical errors but your ideas are good!
DeleteCurrently I am reading Wild Blue Yonder by William Price Fox. So far in chapter 1 the book has introduced a lot of characters. The main character's name is Earl Edge. His family lives in South Carolina in 1943. I like how him and his dad are very musically talented. But, I think Earl is a trouble maker in his small town and the police do not like that. I think Earl and his dad have a good relationship together, because they play music together. I am not sure why they have so much stuff in their yard and in the neighbors yards. I think the Mom was made to move down there from up north with her family and she does not seem to like it.
ReplyDeleteVery good, Keep it up!
DeleteI am reading ‘Cirque Du Freak” the main charters are Darren, Mr.Crepsley, and Evra the snake-boy. Honestly I am on the 6 chapter and the book has gotten really good! They one thing that what to know why Mr.Crepsley left the vampire generals? I fell that this book will be really good and that Darren will find out what the vampire council is and what is there job and why Mr.Crepsley is worried that something will happen to him? I also what to know why Mr.Crepsley is acting so weird? I also want to know what happens in his date he goes with Debbie (Debbie is the girl in the other building that his seen Darren playing outside and in his room playing with Evra) the story Darren told her was that Mr.Crepsley was his “dad” and that Evra is his brother with a medical condition because Evra has snake scales.
ReplyDeleteGood start. Try reading your writing aloud to yourself before publishing. I think you find it makes a big difference!
DeleteP.S. Who is the author?
DeleteI am reading I am Number Four. I have only read two chapters, but I have been well informed. The main character is a boy who is not from Earth. He and his guardian are from a planet called Lorein. When they first came to Earth, eight others were with them. They split up all over earth to ensure their chances of survival. They are being hunted by these evil monsters called Mogadorians. All of his kind wear a special amulet that ensure that they will by killed by a mogadorian in numerical order. The living of his kind gains a circular scar on their ankle whenever one of their kind dies. The boy has three scars. He is number four. He and his guardian must move locations and change their identities at every sign of danger. At this point in the story his name is John Smith. I am interested to see where they take this plot. How far can they travel without being noticed?
ReplyDeleteGood questions and ideas. Who is the author? Try to give me more of you and less summary.
DeleteI am reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. I read the first chapter which was fairly short. The starting of the story tells a little background of a kid named Colin Singleton who has dated nineteen girls named Katherine which is really unusual to have dated that many girls with the exact same first name. He just graduated high school and was dumped for the nineteenth time by a girl named Katherine, what a surprise. So he is dealing how any other person would deal with a break up by being in grief and wanting to have time to themselves.His parents were just talking to him because he was concerned and just out of no where he ran to the bathroom and "puked his guts out" as it says on page thirteen. At the end of the chapter he is basically rereading over what other people wrote in it, especially what Katherine the nineteenth wrote just four days ago on the yearbook. I really think this is a great way of starting the book because it only gives enough information to actually make your interest grow while reading. I really also enjoy the way John Green uses his words from the third person point of view.
ReplyDeleteVery good first post!
DeleteI am currently reading "The Red Pyramid" by Rick Riordan. I think this book will be great because most of Rick Riordan's books are very good. On the cover of the novel, there is a girl, a boy, and I suppose is a giant serpent. The girl on the cover has her arm stretched out with what looks like hieroglyphics and the boy has an egyptian sword called a khopesh. So far the book is pretty good, but it can be a little confusing at times. I really enjoy how there are egyptian gods in the book because I am very interested in books that are like that.
ReplyDeleteGood work. Keep an eye on your word count; it looks like it may be a little short!
DeleteI am reading Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff. The characters include Hollis Woods, Steven, Josie, The Old Man, the mustard woman, Henry (the dog), Beatrice, and Izzy. I think of Hollis as an imaginative, young foster girl. I like how Hollis reflects on her past so I know about her previous family (Steven, Izzy, and The Old Man). I love this book, because Hollis thinks about life as if it was a picture being drawn in her mind. Pictures of Hollis Woods is a very detailed and descriptive book. I recommend this book to people who like descriptive writing.
ReplyDeleteBy Grace K. Ehlers
Very good job.
DeleteAlso, please add your last name to your username!
DeleteI am reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Hazel grace, one of the main characters, is described. She was pronounced with lung cancer at thirteen. Since then, she has been completely inert. I think it is very unusual how she describes life of everyone dying. However, I like to see how a cancer patient views life being on the edge not knowing when they would leave their loved ones. Then, she met Augustus and she began to smile again. August is a cancer patient, too. I can relate to Augustus because we are both happy with life, but also as scared of dying as I am. So far, I have been obsessed with this book and how they stood in a group together and found each other without knowing each other. I can’t wait to read more about this strong relationship of Cancer patients. –Jamie Byerley(147 words) 4B
ReplyDeleteGood job!
DeleteI am reading a book called “Outbreak” by Robert Tine. When I first saw the book, I thought it was awesome because of the summary on the back cover and the picture of a monkey with sharp teeth on the front cover. But when I read the prologue, it was boring. All it talked about were the five soldiers that were in the war and how scared they were. The narrator also talked about a doctor named Raswini that healed the wounded soldiers from war. He could also treat malaria, Dengue fever and other types of diseases. I thought Motaba was a killer monkey that attacked people by jumping on their faces. Instead, Motaba was a virus that was named after a river in Africa. As I read, I hope that the other chapters are better than the prologue. I hope I didn’t get the wrong book.
ReplyDelete(147 words) - Shaina Williams
Very good, Shaina!
DeleteI am reading 'The Giver" by Lois Lowry. I am enjoying this book. This tells you how good it is because reading is not my favorite thing to do. "The Giver" has action and mystery.The book is about a utopia. I think it would be boring to live in a place like that. Everything is the same. There is no color, everything is bland. "The Giver" is an actual person that is in control of all memories. He has all the great memories and all the horrible memories. The book takes place as the current Giver has found the new Giver. The new Giver doesn't want the job at first because he won't get to spend time with his friends. I wouldn't want to be the Giver either because you don't get to talk about your life with anyone. You also have to go in earlier than everyone else. It would be good to have all the awesome memories, though.
ReplyDeleteThis is a very good first post. Keep it up!
DeleteI am reading The Invention of Hugo Cabret, and i just finished a couple chapters tarts about a orphaned boy/clock keeper and thief who lives behind the walls of a busy train station in Paris, France. Outside those walls in the train station is a toy booth owned by an old man whose toys are getting stolen, and he is mad. Later that night, Hugo got caught stealing toys by the old man and almost got put into prison. I like this book because in each chapter is like a really good mystery. i can't wait of how I will react to the ending.
ReplyDelete(105 words)
Good start, Grace. I would like to hear a little more of you next time!
DeleteI'm reading a book called Inner Circle. I'm currently on the 7th chapter. This book is about a group of girls who are in a prestigious private school. Previously the year before the main character Reed's boyfriend got murdered by a group of girls who were jealous of Reed. As of right now Reed has just arrived to the school from last summer. They’ve just had their induction ceremony in the chapel where they meet each year, and they find that there are some new people who are attending the school now. I think that these people are going to have a main part in the next chapters. I personally don't enjoy this book too much because most of the girls are snobby and rude. There isn't really any action, which makes the book not too interesting. Hopefully the story will get more interesting over the time. (revised) (147)
ReplyDeleteGood work, Lydia.
DeleteI am reading a book called Hatchet. It is a great book so far and i have only gotten to half of the second chapter. So far this book is filled with emotion, action, and nerves. In chapter one a thirteen year old kid named Brian is suppose to be flying to Canada to see his dad, his parents are devorced and he hates that. He hates the word divorced and split and lawyer. He hates anything to do with his parents spilt. While fyilng in a two person plain the pilot taught him how to fly a plain, so later on in the plain the pilot starts to hold his chest and say help me and Brian figures out that he is having a heart attack and doesnt know what to do execpt for like CPR and mouth to mouth but he doesn't know how to do those either. So now he has to fly the plain until he gets to saftey.
ReplyDeleteGood job on a first blog. Try to give me more of your thoughts next time!
DeleteThe Book Thief by Markus Zusak
ReplyDeleteI've tried to read 'The Book Thief' multiple times before only to find that it's simply confusing. I can't tell if someone is watching the thief, found a journal of hers (Lisel Meminger); whom is the thief, or if the narrator is simply telling a story. I've also noticed that the book doesn't really have chapters (or at least it's not numbered like chapters usually are). It's more like journal entries or divided parts.
The first thing that confused me about the novel was the prologue. In the prologue the narrator basically introduces himself- the color-and the book thief. The prologue is different from the ones that I've seen/read before. The 'narrator' seems more open than most het, he claims that it's not necessary for him to introduce himself since, we'll soon know him.He gives a small theory which basically deals with 'colors' and how he sees them.Then, he states this book is a small story about six things, which I disagree on at the moment. He also states that he saw the book thief three times which, made the prologue more confusing than it already was.
Good job Ayanna. This is a very good book but it does take a lot of brain work to fully grasp. I know you are more than capable, though.
DeleteI am reading the srpints Shadow it is about two kids who have the powers of Egyptian gods are trying to save the world from the Lord of Chaos their adventure they run into a lot of trouble this book is made by Rick Riordan who has also made the Percy Jackson series and the Heroes of Olympus series and many other fantastical books the series of the Serpent's shadow is called the Kane Carter series I like this book I really recommend it to other readers who like mythology and adventure books I think it is very fantastic and I like these kinds of books.
ReplyDeleteHunter Hamilton
1A
Good ideas for a first time blogger! Who is the author? Why isn't there a single period in this blog post?
DeleteThe book I am reading is The Gift by James Patterson.
ReplyDeleteI have not read the whole book yet, I have only made it to Chapter 3, but as of right now I am really enjoying this book. The whole idea of the book is witchcraft and wizards and that can get a little confusing sometimes because I do not know much about how that stuff works and I am normally not into the science fiction kind of novels. The two main characters are Whit and Wisty and they are siblings. I do not know how old they each are, and it is hard to picture them because the details are not very clear. I really look foward to continuing on reading this book, hopefully all my questions about it will be answered in the end. - Sophie
Good job!
DeleteI am reading "Deeply Odd"- by Dean Koontz. The main character are Odd Thomas, Annamaria,and Tim. Right now I'm on chapter one, each chapter is like thirty pages long or even longer. From what I read its a good book. There is a lot of questions I had at first, but then I started to understand the book. That what seemed confusing at the beginning. There is also many unusual things in the book that makes it confusing like he can daydream or dream about crimes that going to happen. That's just the beginning of the first chapter. In the middle of chapter one is where I predicted that Odd will dream or daydream to the future and see the first crime.
ReplyDeleteWords-(125)-Jose Salas (2B)
Jose, very good thoughts for a first time blog. Please try reading your blog aloud to help with grammar. Good work!
DeleteI am reading a book called I am number four. The book is very interesting. The book is about a boy from a different planet. His race is being chased and killed by mogadarians. There are nine people like the boy. He is the last of his kind. But they are slowly being killed. The boy lives with his guardian named Henri. The boy name was Daniel. Since he is on the run a lot he has to change his whole identity. So he moves to Ohio. And attends a new school. New documents are made of him. There are a lot settings in the book. I feel like this book is going to be great. Especially for the first four chapters. The boys new name is John Smith. I want to know where the other Kids like him are. I like books with supernatural or aliens in it. I believe someone is going to discover him. So he is going on a run of a lifetime. Sorry I could not indent and underline the title. This was sent from my phone. --- Jamar
ReplyDeleteJamar, good job for a first post. Remember to tell us the author. Also, try writing longer sentences using commas.
DeleteThis book is very interesting and it’s something that i would like to read. I have already read the first 2 chapters and there already getting exciting. They are telling me a cliff hanger already how it says at the beginning I am a half-blood, and also whenever Grover and Mr. Brunner were talking about Percy's safety for the summer for the monsters.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read more and I’m pretty sure I can predict what might happen next, he will get kicked out of his school and have to go into another school and might find more monsters there and Grover will have to protect him. This book is about a half-blood kid trying to survive high school not only from monsters but from having good grades and not getting angry at people for doing something. That's why Grover is also there to calm him down and keep him out of trouble. I don't really know what else to say, the book has me at high hopes and I will continue to constantly read and blog about what’s new and exciting for chapters to come!
Andrew S.
Good start for your first blog. Keep it up!
DeleteWilliam Bryant
ReplyDeleteCurrently I am reading the book The Outsiders by S.E Hinton. So far it has introduced many of the characters. The main character Ponyboy is a young boy that is in a gang and lives with his brothers. I like how Ponyboy’s family has a back ground story and live by their own rules because their parents died in a car accident. I believe that someone will probably get jumped or hurt since Johnny and Ponyboy have been jumped by the Socs. One thing that I dislike is that Ponyboy completely admires his brother Sodapop but, for some reason him and his oldest brother Dally don’t get along.
Good start. Keep it up!
DeleteI started a book in the ranger's apprentice series. It deals with the main character, Halt, getting prepared to be married to the love of his life a very wealthy castle official. It also mainly deals with Will, the other main character, who is halt's apprentice as a ranger and has been for years. Obviously they have grown used to each other and I can't wait to see how they deal with being apart. Will starts to doubt if he is a ready to become a silver leaf, official ranger, instead of a bronze leaf, apprentice ranger, or if he has enough talent. This also means he will be assigned his own area or region to look over and he will be separated from halt. I hope they will come together and work together to overcome their separate but equally troublesome issues. Also I can't wait to read more!
ReplyDeleteGood beginning blog, Josh.
DeleteI am reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman. This week, Mia’s family was in a car crash, and she is the only one that survived. She is injured and is in grave condition but is stuck outside of her body. She goes through a series of surgeries, but it’s unclear whether she is going to live or not. I wonder if Mia is going to choose to stay alive so she can be with her friends and boyfriend or if she is going to die like the rest of her family. Also, her younger brother’s death wasn’t talked about but I inferred that he died too because Mia’s family and friends talk about how she’s the only one left. I am excited to read more to see what happens to Mia. I really like how throughout this book, there are flashbacks to let you know more about Mia's past.
ReplyDeleteLaurel Kirk (133 words)
Very good first blog post!
DeleteI am reading If I Stay by: Gayle Forman. So far the main character is Mia, she plays the cello and is hoping to get into Julliard. I'm really anxious to see weather she gets her audition or not because, it could be a really good opportunity to start something big. The tragic thing that happened, is her and her family got into a really bad car accident. She gets up and see's her mom being put into a bag, so i'm thinking her mom was killed. Mia's dad should be fine but, she cant find her brother, teddy. When she walks over to see if she found teddy, she realizes she's looking at herself. Mia goes with her body to the hospital and see's everything that is happening. I'm curious to see her boyfriend, Adam's reaction when he finds out or who is even contacting him about it. Mia has not talked to him or seen him in about two mouths. I'm excited to read more of the story to see whats going to happen next and where teddy is at. --- Miah
ReplyDeleteGood job, Miah!
DeleteI am reading Violets are Blue by James Paterson. You may think it is a love story or a romance by the title or the cover of the book but if you open it up and start reading you will find out very shortly that it is not a love/ romance story. In fact it’s probably the complete opposite, so far in this book there have been four murders and all four as gruesome as the last. The mail character is Alex cross who is a detective who works for the FBI. He has solved many famous mysterious and has a good reputation, I’m only on chapter eleven and there is already a lot of action and I think the killer or killers are vampires, and maybe a tiger. This story has really caught my attention and fast and it’s hard for me to get into a book sometime but I don’t think I have liked a book as much as this one before and I’m only on chapter eleven. I think this book is very mysterious and exciting, it’s not boring and doesn’t drag on forever but it’s not too short it has very good detail and very good vocabulary I think it is more modern so that is another reason why I really like this book. The book is a fast pace book a lot of stuff happens fast but not too fast so it’s hard to understand it’s at the right pace. Well for me at least, I would recommend this book to a wide variety of people because it have so many different genres in it, in my opinion this is a very good book written by a very good author as far as I can tell, but James Paterson is my favorite author so that just my opinion. - Kyle Oldham
ReplyDeleteExcellent!!!
DeleteHey
ReplyDeleteI am reading The Hunger Games
ReplyDeleteBy: suzanne collins
I love this book and i don't like reading, but this book i just see in my mind this family with a mother and two daughters without a father living in a district with little food and little money to support the family. I like how catniss everdeen does illegal things to help support her family, because its just very exciting and i never know what will happen next. When catnisses sisters name was drawn from the bowl i was kind of in shock because i didn't know that someone else can volunteer to go so i was a little confused. When peeta was called i was thinking about how they will have to fight each other till death which is a horrible thought but thats what they will have to do.
Good start! I'm glad you're enjoying reading. Remember your grammar - capitalize names, etc!
DeleteI am reading fade by Lisa Mcmann. It is a very interesting book so far. The main character, Lisa, is a senior in high school who has the ability to read peoples dreams. This ability is useful at times and can also be very painful for her. Lisa lives in a small apartment with her mom who is never sober. Lisa also works for the police force with her friend Cabel. The story is very confusing at times , especially when Lisa enters other peoples dreams. When she goes into these dreams it is usually for business and for finding out who did what that the police want them for. It is very suspenseful at times throughout the story. It is really good at keeping you interested in the story line and it also does a good job of relating the reader to the character and lets you feel for them.
ReplyDeleteGreat first blog, Marc.
Deletei am reading Stars Wars Attack of the Clones by Patricia Wrede, i have watched the movie already a couple times but i have never read the book. The book is interesting so far it goes in more detail then the movie does. The main character is Padme, who was a queen of this planet called Naboo but now’s shes in the republic senate. The other character that i know of are Anakin Skywalker hes a jedi and Obi Wan kenobi hes also a jedi all and all right now i think the book hes gone in deeper detail then the movie has i like the book.
ReplyDeleteJosiah, good thoughts! Review for grammar : )
DeleteThe book I am reading is Percy Jackson and the lighting thief by Rick Riordan .The cover of the book shows Percy, a demigod, son of Poseidon holding a sword and a horn. The cover also shows the city in front of Percy while he is in water. The book takes place in modern time, New York. The book starts of with Percy on a field trip with his algebra teacher and his latin teacher The book, to me, is very interesting and is a great book for people who love adventure. The book does not have a slow start at all it is exciting from the start. I cannot wait to further get into the story. - Jordan Garcia
ReplyDeleteGood job for a first blog. Now think deeper!
DeleteI am reading The Chimera Vector by Nathan M. Farrugia. This book is about a secret organization, called The Fifth Column, which controls, government, business, and even terrorist groups. I like this book because it is a very interesting book because of the mystery in the beginning when learning about the Fifth Column. I also like this book because it is a book that gets people thinking about what is true and what is an illusion. If a person finds out anything about the Fifth Column, the Fifth Column will make a fake news report labeling them a terrorist. My favorite character is Damien, Damien is a big tough person who worked for the Fifth Column, and when he discovered the truth, he joined the rebellion. When a fake war on terrorism is going on there is a hidden real war going on between the rebellion, Acana, and the Fifth Column. I think Acana’s plan is necessary but at the same time, very extreme. The mystery and suspense of this book makes it a very good book in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteDaniel, EXCELLENT post!!!
DeleteI read the first three pages of Drive-By. They were exciting, Timothy aka Tito as everyone calls him. Is the serious middle child who is very responsible. Tito’s younger sister Mina wants to be a princess when she grows up. She’s at that young age when she believes that’s possible. Then there is the oldest Jimmy which as his mom calls him funny-bone. He can make anyone laugh their hardest. Anyways Jimmy is always calling Tito worry toad. Because Tito is always worrying and not having fun. Everyone in Tito’s family is good looking except Tito. He has a nose too big for his face and his eyes are to small for his nose. Well this is really all I’ve read, but I’m really interested in reading more, and finding out who was in the drive-by.
ReplyDeleteCJ Moore
I read the first three pages of Drive-By. They were exciting, Timothy aka Tito as everyone calls him. Is the serious middle child who is very responsible. Tito’s younger sister Mina wants to be a princess when she grows up. She’s at that young age when she believes that’s possible. Then there is the oldest Jimmy which as his mom calls him funny-bone. He can make anyone laugh their hardest. Anyways Jimmy is always calling Tito worry toad. Because Tito is always worrying and not having fun. Everyone in Tito’s family is good looking except Tito. He has a nose too big for his face and his eyes are to small for his nose. Well this is really all I’ve read, but I’m really interested in reading more, and finding out who was in the drive-by.
ReplyDeleteCJ Moore
CJ. A for effort! Now, please make sure you always tell me the author, and I would also like to hear a little more of your thoughts.
DeleteI am reading the "Hunger Games " which I think the book is Really GOOD and has alot of details. After reading the book I each the movie and in my opinion I believe that the book is better than the movie.The reason why is better is because that in the book you except something different. So that is my book I hope you like my post!!!
ReplyDeleteAlejandra, this is much too short! I also need you to please tell me the author of your book. Let me know if you need help!
DeleteI am coming to a close on the book Legend by Marie Lu. Day, the terrorist of the Republic, has been caught and given an execution date. This frightens me a bit because Day is my favorite character. Unlike most books, Legend is unpredictable which makes the situation that Day is in more serious. Then there’s June, the one who caught Day. She has now figured out the plans of the Republic. Will she choose to be loyal to her government, or try to do what is right and risk everything for a terrorist? All I know is in this book you have to be ready to expect the unexpected.
ReplyDeletemy book FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS by Tracy Kidder its about a football team in a bad tow were murder rate start to sky rocket and a town lat is socially a racially divided but on Friday night it a different story because on Friday is were west Texas town dreams can come true and this place is not know for beeing a place of big dream but in this book but on Friday night any thing is possibal when
ReplyDeleteBrandon, it seems like you didn't finish? Slow down, take your time, and reread/edit before posting!
Deletemy book Friday Night Lights by H.G.Bissingeris a book based of a true story of a team in west Texas and and on the cover of the book show three football players holding hands as they began to walk on to the field before the game starts this book is kinda slow to me at the start of the book but once you start to read a bit more you will start to get in it a bit more and i have read books like it and i have to say this is one of the best one i have read.This book is a bout a little town in west Texas that is racially and socially divided and murders have sky rocketed but during football season on Friday nights that all changes everyone get to gether to watch there favorite team the Permian High School Panthers play and they say that when they play dreams are possibal.
ReplyDeleteI am currently reading a book called So B. It by Sarah Weeks. So far, I have read eleven chapters and a lot has happened. Heidi It, who is a twelve year-old girl trying to find out about her and her mother's past, travels to New York in hopes of finding the answers she needs. The fact that she's doing this gives me an, "I can do this!" feeling. The closer she gets to New York, I feel like that not only does she meet new people and learn new things about them, but she also learns new things about herself as well. This book is very inspirational and I can't wait to find out how it ends.
ReplyDeleteDid you mean to post this here?
DeleteI am still reading The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty, I've now read 112 pages. The book itself has this kind of chapter back to back story going on, one chapter talks about events going on in Damien Karras' life (Damien Karras is a young priest who has lost his faith) and one chapter talking about whats going on with Chris and Regan. This is neat because I know that somewhere in the book these two will be merged. Anyway Karras is dealing with the loss of his mother, and is overwhelmed with guilt because he felt he never spent enough time with her. The book really gets at describing Karras' emotions and it really makes you feel bad for him. A summary of what has been going on with Chris and Regan is, Regan began to play with a Ouija Board, and began to fall 'ill', she is doing poorly at school, swearing, she soiled herself at Chris' party, and now her mother has witnessed her bed shaking. The book is really starting to get more intense, I'm really starting to like it even more, because it gives me chills, and I really am not spooked so easily, especially from books. I have never felt so drawn to read before ever in my life.
ReplyDeleteMake sure you post on the right date! Alan - I am so glad you are loving your book!
DeleteI am reading the book beautiful creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl. Chapter one was quite interesting cause it went straight into the story like if you already knew what was going on. For instance he was falling out the sky but he was trying to grab someone who wasn't made out that good but was easy to tell it was a girl. He couldn't save her. I can relate to him cause his mother had died and he lives with his house maid and father. I think this book could do a lot better but I'm not fully into the book. I recommend this book to anyone who reads big books and enjoys vampires too.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Theodore Boone:The Accused by John Grisham. The book follows Theo Boone, a young wannabe lawyer, as he gets framed for crimes he didn't commit. I really feel like this would happen if a kid lawyer and his two lawyer parents were framed for theft. Since he is a high schooler dealing with school as well as being a lawyer, I can relate to him. I am excited to find out what happens to Theo, and if he finds who really stole the stuff. There is also the case of Pete Duffy, a wife murdering phycho, who is trying to escape the country. Pete Duffy got a mistrial last book and has escaped the city. Theo himself had solved the case of Pete Duffy and wants his work to be rewarded. Pete Duffy is a smart criminal and I want to see how the cops catch him because it would be interesting to read about.
ReplyDeleteI am about halfway through with the book called Search for the Shadowman by Joan Lowery Nixon. I picked this book because I thought the title was interesting. After reading the short summary, I saw that it was not what I thought it was going to be about. It has been pretty interesting so far. The main character is a 12 year old little boy named Andy. He has a school assignment to find out about his family history. Andy is not happy about this assignment. I wouldn't be either because it would take a lot of time to talk to everybody in my family to get the information I needed. The story gets interesting as Andy realizes that his family is hiding something. No one will tell him what it is but he knows it has to be something really big. I haven't gotten to the part where he finds out what it is yet. I do know that a mysterious family member that no one talks about is involved. It would be interesting to find a family mystery and maybe even solve it. I want to know what happened in that family that everyone is covering up. I think it must have been something very bad. I will have to keep reading to find out. This book is turning out to be better than I thought. Hopefully it will have a good ending.
ReplyDeleteI am reading the eleventh plague by jeff hirch and its really good. Its about a boy and his father who is going through a tough time with a sickness that is whipping out the human population. The book is very interesting and has a good setting. The boys name is Stephen and his grandpa just died. His grandpa died because of the plague. The grandpa had a gold ring on his finger that stephen wanted to trade for food. But his dad wouldnt let him. They buried him in the middle of the woods. They looked in the back of the wagon and saw the grandpas old rifle.
ReplyDelete