Prompt: How is the topic of this book similar to others you have read? How is it different?
1) Read a chunk of your book (about a chapter or so) - ten to twenty pages should do.
2) Put the book down and don't pick it back up until you have posted your blog.
3) THINK about the topic you will focus your blog on.
4) WRITE an organized paragraph with a topic sentence, body, and concluding sentence. Shoot for 6-10 sentences in length.
No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -10
1) Read a chunk of your book (about a chapter or so) - ten to twenty pages should do.
2) Put the book down and don't pick it back up until you have posted your blog.
3) THINK about the topic you will focus your blog on.
4) WRITE an organized paragraph with a topic sentence, body, and concluding sentence. Shoot for 6-10 sentences in length.
No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -10
I'm reading Bring Me A Unicorn by Ann Marrow Lindbergh. The topic I picked for the research paper is similar to my book, Bring Me A Unicorn, because my topic is Charles Lindbergh and Ann Marrow Lindbergh, the author of the book, is the main topic of the book also she is Charles Lindbergh's wife. The topic is different from my book because in my book its talking about Ann and Charles's love life so to say. My topic is about the life and accomplishments of Charles Lindbergh and so on.
ReplyDeleteThis doesn't answer the question; make sure you read carefully!
DeleteI am reading Unbroken, written by Laura Hillenbrand. The topic of this book is similar to the topics of other books I have read in the past because it is meant to be inspiring. As we learned in class, authors have three purposes for writing; to persuade, inform, or entertain. I believe Laura Hillenbrand wrote this book to inform others about the hardships that World War II veterans suffered and endured. The topic of this book is different from the topic of books that I have read in the past because I mostly read fictional books. Because the book in non-fiction, the topic is more realistic and relatable. I believe this is a good quality in a book. I am enjoying this book and I encourage others to read it as well.
ReplyDeleteFrom Baghdad, With Love
ReplyDeleteKopelaman
Some other books I have read involve this topic. Not so much about the military part, more about the adventure with the dog and finding the dog. Some other books I have read are Percy Jackson the Lighting Theif, Dragon Rider and others. They all involve adventure and involve some things like anticipation just like in the he book when they find the dog but they think it is a grenade and freak out until they see the dog. The books I have read are nonfiction and also different in how they set the scene and how they act out the adventure. These are the similarities and differences of the differents books.
I am reading Death in Yellowstone Accidents and foolhardiness in the first National Park by Lee H. Whittlesey. This book is different than the other books I read because it is a nonfiction book. I like to read about fiction books with dragons, warriors, or mythological gods. In this book it still gets my attention because I’ve been to Yellowstone and can relate to what the author is talking about. Also this book is the same to the other ones I read because they all have excellent details when describing the setting. Those are just a few differences and similarities about my blog book to other books I read.
ReplyDeleteI am reading if you can hear what I see by Kathy Buckley. It is a wonderful book that makes you stop and realize how well off you actually are. Kathy has been run over by a jeep, sexually abused; fell down a flight of cement stairs, struck by cancer, and in a car accident where a huge piece of glass cut through her cheek, and was thought to be retarded because she was hearing impaired. All of this has happened to her before she turned 30, the book talks about how she fights through the pain with the power of laughter. This book is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone, this is an example of don’t judge a book by its cover because the cover looks TOTALLY boring but the story is fantastic.
ReplyDeleteMake sure you answer the question!
DeleteIn The Pregnancy Project by Gaby Rodriguez, they have some differences and some similarities. One of the differences would be Like Gaby faking a teen pregnancy to see how people would treat her I haven't read anything else that refers to that kind of topic. One of the similarities that I have noticed in this book, as well as other is judgement. I have noticed a lot do that in my other books I have read. But in the other books people weren't judged as badly as Gaby was people were really harsh on Gaby just because was pregnant, honestly I don't think people should judge you because of the way you look or that you got pregnant.
ReplyDeleteMy book is called “catch me if you can” by Frank Abagnale. This book is a little similar to books I have read before. It is about crime and criminals. The books I read before like that are “the wolf on Wall Street” by Jordan Belfort and I also read “mi padre” by Pablo Escobar and that is just s few of the crime related books I have read they all have to do with money and how they Scammed to get it all the money they got when they wrote to book and when they got the money. The book is fun to read and it is also a little hard to read sometimes but in the end it's a good book to read.
ReplyDeleteI am currently reading The Pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardner. The topic of this book is similar to other books I've read, because of the universal themes. The theme of this book, is to work hard and to overcome your challenges.There are themes in many of books that have to deal with working out of your hardships and overcoming. In the book Chris Gardner has many struggles and the he portrays his struggles throughout the book. In other books the authors portray the struggles of the characters which adds drama and leads up to the climax of stories. This book is different than other books because it connects to the reader on more of a personal level. I usually don’t read autobiographies so the books don’t usually talk to the reader on a more personal level. There is a big difference when somebody else talks about somebody else's or a characters struggles to when the author is the person who has to overcome those struggles.
ReplyDeleteCurrently I am reading Conversations with Major Dick Winters by Cole C. Kingseed. It is similar to other books that have been about WWII. Involving action and leadership. What battles and strategies was Dwight David Eisenhower involved in and what did he accomplish in WWII? How Germany defenses were set up? It is different because it gives a personal point of view. It tells how they lived back then. It also tells what they went through in the war. And what did when something bad happened to them. It is also different from other topics because it is about the famous WWII.
ReplyDeleteThis book is different to me because I really don’t read nonfiction books often, the ather of this book is creative like a fiction book writher but he really did the experiments. I normally read things with myth crechers in them but his version of that is his wife hehe. But I really like this book the story of him getting a gamy is really funny. And this concludes my blog.
ReplyDeleteBe sure to check your word count and include the title and author of your book!
DeleteI am reading unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. This book is not similar to any of the books i have read in a while. It is different in many ways.This book is different from many others that I have read because it is a non-fiction book I usually read fiction books because that is my favorite genre. It is also different from most of the books i read because it is vulgar. A lot of the things in this book kinda makes me look back and say how could a somebody with a soul do that to somebody. Men turn into sticks that are beaten to a pulp everyday because somebody on the opposing side felt like it and that is something completely different from anything that I have read. It is an amazing book and if I had to compare this to a book i read it would probably be a social studies text book or maybe the Diary of Ann Frank, because those are both non-fiction and have similar facts in them.
ReplyDeleteI am reading the book Jackie Robinson. I am on chapter 4 of the book I do not read books on my free time. I do not have a favorite book to read. But this is a very good. When I read I do not normally stay with it. I am reading this because of my love for baseball. It is fun to read and watch and to play baseball. During the season I love the words play ball and the crack of the bat. Just being out there is really fun. So I do not really read but I like to read about what sport I am playing.
ReplyDeleteI am reading "90 Minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper. This book is similar to one other book I read called "Heaven Is for Real". Both of these stories involve somebody going to Heaven and then returning to Earth. These stories were very similar and they both inspired me in an amazing way. My eyes were opened with both books because they confirm my beliefs which make me feel so good. They were different because in 90 Minutes in Heaven, there was a man who died and went to Heaven and in "Heaven is for Real" there was a little boy. This amazes me because it shows that anybody at any age could go to Heaven and return with a mission from God.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Reckless Faith by Beth Guckenberger. This book is similar to other books I have read, because I have read many missionary books before this one. They all are full of miracles and hope for people who do not have many opportunities. They are different from other books, because it gives people hope. If you read fictional books, it is hard task to find any actual things that can give you hope, peace, and the love God has for us. I enjoy reading missionary books more than any other book, because I want to do the same thing they do.
ReplyDeleteThis week i read chapter 4 of American sniper by chris kyle. The closest book I've read to this one is the book Cracker. The reason they are simular is because they both tale place on a war zone. They are also different because they are both set in different wars at different times. Also the book Cracker is about a dog that gets lost in war where add the book American Sniper is about a sniper. Another reason they are different is because Chris Kyle ends up dying but everybody lives in the end of the book Cracker.
ReplyDeleteI am reading American Sniper by Chris Kyle. American sniper is different from diary of a wimpy kid in many ways. Diary of a wimpy kid dont have killing in it. Neither does it cuss. American sniper is way better to. I like the action that diary of a wimpy kid dont have.
ReplyDeleteCheck your word count and your grammar, please!
DeleteI am still reading lost in Shangri la by Mitchell Zuckoff I am currently in chapter 4. The topic of this book is not very similar to any books I have read but I can see how it could be. I can see how the topic of my book can be related to that of other books because the topic of my book is search and rescue from a perilous place and many books have the same topic of searching and rescue. The way the topic of my book could be different than other books is that it is a true story and takes place during WW2 in the pacific front.
ReplyDeleteHow good is good enough? By Andy Stanley. This week I will be talking about how this book is similar to the other books I have read and how it is different. Well this is the first book I have read about religion besides the bible. Normally I read fiction books and si-fi books, so I really can’t find any similarities in the two unless I was atheist and thought that an afterlife or religion was fiction. Now to the differences and there are plenty of them between the two but I will only say the big one. Christianity is not fiction it is real and we believe in an afterlife. That is the main reason that separates the two.
ReplyDeleteHow good is good enough? By Andy Stanley. This week I will be talking about how this book is similar to the other books I have read and how it is different. Well this is the first book I have read about religion besides the bible. Normally I read fiction books and si-fi books, so I really can’t find any similarities in the two unless I was atheist and thought that an afterlife or religion was fiction. Now to the differences and there are plenty of them between the two but I will only say the big one. Christianity is not fiction it is real and we believe in an afterlife. That is the main reason that separates the two.
ReplyDeleteI am reading "Crossing the Borders of Time" by Leslie Maitland. This book is similar to other books I have read because it is about how two young teenagers that fall in love but they can not be togther because of what is going on at that time. Another, similarity is that the main problem case a war. Also, the main character has to sacrifice love to be alive. Last similarity, is that there is death involved during that book. This book is different from others I have read because this book is a real story. Also, the book is tolled by someone else's point of view. Another difference, is that the love that the couple had soon was forgotten. In addition, religion and race played a big part in this book that in others that I have read. Overall, there are some similarities and differences between this book and others that I have read.
ReplyDeleteI am reading a book called The Seamstress by Sara T. Bernstein. I also am doing a topic on the Holocaust that is similar to the book I read called The Diary of Anne Frank. These books both involve the Holocaust. They also described what it is like to be in a concentration camp. They also both involve surviving or escaping the concentration camp.
ReplyDeleteKeep an eye on your word count!
DeleteI am reading 12 years a slave by Solomon Northup. It is like no other book i have read because well for starters it is a true story and none of the books that I have read so far have their characters as a slave.There is actually one book that has one slave in it but it wasn't as detailed about the slave because it was based on modern day slavery.
ReplyDeleteWatch the word count!
DeleteThe topic of my blog book, Soul Surfer, is to never give up. This topic is very similar to many of the books that I have read because my favorite books mostly have the topic of never giving up. This topic is different from some of the books that I have read because I normally read books that are normally fiction.
ReplyDeleteI read most chapter 2 of “Soul Surfer” by Bethany Hamilton. In this chapter, we get to go into the backstories of both of Bethany’s parents. Her dad, living in a ditch for the first couple of weeks in Hawaii, loved surfing so much, he would go every single day . Her mother lived in California and she was the only girl surfer back in the 70’s in her town.
Soul Surfer
Bethany Hamilton
Clarissa Lawen
Chapter 2
In my book Freakonomics it discusses many controversial topics. Many of which are opinionated and many that are inarguable due to evidence. I enjoy reading these typed of books because you can debate a lot of the topics. However, some concepts and ideas are hard to understand and interpret. The controversies in this book are very different to what I typically read, mainly because I don’t read controversial books because many authors can be biased. This book stands out not because of the ideas and stand points but how it discusses and presents the topics. Most non-fiction books just present the data and not necessarily talk about it like this book does.
ReplyDeleteI am reading The Story by Zondervan this week. This book only relates to about one or two books i have read, because i have only read two others about the bible. They all relate because they are all about God and his name and word. This topic usually isn' what i would read. I do love the Bible, but my choice of book is a sci-fi or adventure book, so i am liking reading something for my blog that isn't my usual topic choice. The books about my religion are very interesting to read and learn from, but not adventurous or thrilling as my other books that i read.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Go Ask Alice, the author is anonymous, this book is like a few that I have read but it is very different also. I have read a few books where the main character has done drugs or gotten drunk at a party. The main character in Go Ask Alice sounds like a real person, she make a lot of mistakes and then tries to make up for it, as do most of the characters in the books i've read. That is what makes all of the characters/authors so similar, they all have to make mistakes to move the story along. This book is different, however, it is one of the first nonfiction books i've read and its from the point of view of the author, who we don't know. The events in the book are very real, and you can relate to the character.
ReplyDeleteI am reading "Michael Jackson: The story the media doesn't want you to know" by Shawn Henning. This book is nothing like the other books I have read. This book is a non-fiction book that tells a real life story while the other books I have read were stories so far off from real there were aliens involved. I loved all three books. I just finished this quarter's book and I enjoyed what the writer had to say about the media and also Michael Jackson. I am now doing more research on the topic if a wider variety. Again, I really enjoyed this book and hope to read more books by this writer.
ReplyDeleteGeorge Washington’s Secret Six by Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger: My book is quite different from other books that I have read in the past about George Washington and the American Revolution. Most of those books talk about the main battles and turning points of the war rather than what was the initial cause of those points. This book is unique in that it talks specific on a small group of people who are mostly civilians who take part in missions to spy on the British and gather information for George Washington. This book also shows George Washington in a unique way by telling the readers his thoughts and words.
ReplyDeleteI am currently reading I AM A SEAL TEAM SIX WARRIOR by Howard E. Wasdin and Stephen Templin. The topic of this book is similar to a lot of the books I have read because it is about adventure and some type of war. The topic is different also because in the way of the book I am reading is real and the other books I have read are fiction and not true. This book is specifically about terrorism and that stuff and my other books have been about interesting creatures. I enjoy this book because it talks about a sniper and they are very cool and I like a good war book. This book is very good.
ReplyDeleteA walk in the woods
ReplyDeleteBy bill Bryson
This book is different from the other books I read because I usually don't read nonfiction. Also I have not read a book on hiking the Appalachian trail.I usually read book that are fiction because it interests me more than nonfiction books.Also I read books that are action with a little romance in it. The book that im reading is also similar to other books I read because it involves animals. I have read a book about animals once.
Keep an eye on your word count!
DeleteI am reading “Sometimes You Win Sometimes You Learn” by John C. Maxwell.
ReplyDeleteLife is difficult but don’t make life harder for yourself. How? In reality you will have to deal with some of those difficulties no matter what. Which almost all people try to avoid but here are a few tips I picked from the chapter, keep growing and learning, face reality, and be ready to adjust. This book is similar to other books because the books I mostly read are about teenagers and their lifestyle; the good and the bad. However the book is different because its giving teenagers solution about how to deal with the good and the bad.
I am reading Slave My True Story by Mende Nazer and Damien Lewis. I've read many stories similar to this story having to do with slavery. Many of the slaves stories I've read have similar traits in the story of what happened to the people. The slaves were always taken from there homeland and forced to labor in some kind of way. All the stories though were different due to the stories of the exact people. Some people enslaved had to go through worse experiences than others. They all have a conflict in some sort of way, but the conflict has never been resolved due to the fact that slavery still exist.
ReplyDeleteSoul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton. The topic of this book is different from the other books I have read is because this book is about non-fiction and I read fiction books. Chapter 4 is about Bethany Hamilton having a normal life. In Hawaii it’s never cold so that means you can wear shorts and a T-shirt. I like that in Hawaii it is warm all the time. Even during Christmas time Bethany and her family have their own tradition. Their tradition is when they wake up early in the morning and go surfing and then come back to the house and open up presents. I like that Bethany has her own tradition with her family at Christmas time. So this is what chapter 4 is about in the book Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton.
ReplyDeleteThis quarter the book I am reading is Si-Cology 101 by Si Robertson from Duck Dynasty. This book is similar to others that I have read because many books I have read include some of the values that Si values and thinks are important. I have also read a lot of adventure books and Si certainly has been on his fair share of those. The book is also very different from other books I have read because some of the things he and his brothers do are just plain weird and crazy. For example, in the last chapter, Si talks about how he was almost bitten by an alligator because he thought it was a log and stepped on it. This book is definitely very different from any other ive read. (132 words)
ReplyDeleteI have changed my book to Operation Geronimo by Chuck Pharrer and the topic of this book is an inside look at the finding and killing of the major terrorist Osama bin Laden. This topic is being delivered and to the reader by multiple different point of views and this topic is totally different from all the other blog books I've ever read and is also very interesting. The best thing about this book so far is that they get really into detail with all of the details and specifics which makes the book easier to get attached to.
ReplyDeleteI am reading The Life, Art, and Music of Daniel Johnston by Tarssa Yazdani and Don Goede. This book isn't very similar at all to most books I have read at all, besides the fact that there are different chapters and an introduction. For example, instead of being like other biographies and incorporating his art or his collaborations into his life story, they have separate chapters for Daniel's story, his art, it's meaning, etc. I would rather it lean toward the more traditional way of writing biographies, but I appreciate and respect the way the two authors decided to tell this man's story.
ReplyDeleteI am reading a book called The Truth About Unicorns, by James Cross Giblin. This Book IS Nonfiction because it DOSENT discuss if Unicorns are real or not, it discuss why they are important in Today’s Culture, and where they came from. This Book differs from other Books I've read in the past because it IS Nonfiction. Most books that I have read are Fantasy. The ONLY thing that is the same about My Book and other Books I have read is The Fact that it has SOME type of Fictional Background Information. It also has a LOT of Historical Information in it that other Books do, such as Books I read that discuss The Nonfiction Nature of certain Information.
ReplyDelete- Sydni Simpson (125 Words)
Flags of Our Fathers
ReplyDeleteBy: Bradley Czajka
In the last blog, the author explained what it was like for the soldiers at Bougainville. The author moves on to explain the next battle that occurred after Bougainville, the battle of Tarawa. Tarawa was a tiny one-mile split of sand that was well-fortified by the Japanese. It represented the start to Howlin’ Mad Smith’s central Pacific journey to Tokyo. After the island was bombarded, the marines took shore. The only problem was that the aerial bombardments were ineffective against the Japanese pits. At the worst time, an American landing boat his a coral reef which halted the attack, the marines jumped off the boat and swam into machine gun fire. By the end of the battle, there were forty-four hundred American casualties and over five thousand Japanese dead. The marines won and opened new opportunities for the war. The topic of this book is similar to other World War 2 books that I have read. The only difference is that the other World War 2 books were fictional, unlike this book.
I am reading inside Delta Force by Eric Haney. This books topic of different than books I have read because I haven't read many books about military. Also I haven't read any personal experiences of the military. Plus I haven't read any books on the Delta Force or any special forces at all. This book is similar to books I have read because I have read some books on military but more facts than experiences. Also this book mentions another book that I would like to read called the guts to try. It is written by an officer that was there in their first mission that was called off by "plane malfunctions" because one the helicopters they used were old and caught on fire and some people nearly died. The helicopter that caught on fire was the one that Haney was on. Also during that mission one of the helicopters crashed into a fuel plane and they both exploded.
ReplyDeleteI am reading "Mr. Capone: The Real and Complete Story of Al Capone" by Robert J. Schoenburg for the fourth quarter. One big difference is that this book is non-fiction, and usually read fiction books. This is one of the only if not the first non-fiction books that I have read. Another difference is it way longer than most of the books that I read. I like to read like books with about 250 pages, and this book has about 350. A similarity is that it is a book about something I am really interested in. If i read a book I don't find interesting, i wont really enjoy it and will be distracted easily, but with this book I get lost in the pages.
ReplyDeleteBlog 4/10/15
ReplyDeleteTitle: Hidden like Anne Frank
Author: Marcel Prins, Peter Henk Steenhuis
This book is different from the rest because this book is non-fiction. The other books they were fictional stories. That's one way they are different another way is by the topic. This non-fiction book is like talking about Jews going into hiding and war world 2 and the holocaust. The fiction books were more joyful and had more emotional to the whole story. That's how this book and the other books I read before are different. Now how the books are similar I think none of the books were similar to this book.(108)
The book I am currently reading is Million Dollar Arm by J.B. Bernstein. In some ways, this book is very similar to most books that I’ve read this year, and is also not as related as others at the same time. One of the main connections between Million Dollar Arm and other books that I’ve read this year is that each book’s main characters has a love interest. The past two books I’ve read both have love interests and play a role in the plot. The main difference between Million Dollar Arm and books that I’ve read in the past is that Million Dollar Arm is mostly about sports, which I have no experience or knowledge in whatsoever.
ReplyDeleteMillion Dollar Arm
ReplyDeleteJ.B Bernstein
My book Million Dollar Arm is similar to some of the other books I read. By the way they all have some deeper meaning to them other than the topic of the story. Or they all have a crazy or exciting climax that keeps intrigued to the story and makes you want to keep reading to find out what happens or the moral of the story. In some ways they are also different because some of the books I've read have terrible plots and dialogue. So there are many similar and different ways my book and other books have.
I Drew a Monkey In a Mathbook And Now I'm Married
ReplyDeleteJon K. Davis
This book is similar to many of the books I have read before , be cause it involves some type of love and friendship. Typically, I read fanfictions or regular fiction novels which usually involve love. This book is different from the ones I typically read , because it's nonfiction . Of course I have read nonfiction novels , but I don't do it often. When, it comes to my topic there's not too much of a difference since, most stories I've read involve overcoming some difficult event or involve some type of love.
Hey, Ms. Watson. My book for the fourth quarter is the American Sniper Memorial Edition by Jim DeFelice and Scott McEwen. I have never read a book about any military or violence, but the topic of the book I am currently reading is similar to others I have read because they talk about problems the people have to face and they are is always conflict between people that are bad. There are many differences between the book I am reading and the previous books. For example, the topic is different because it talks about killing people and getting into the navy. It is different because it talks about a sniper and that he was the best sniper and never was hurt, but was shot by a former soldier that had PTSD, post-traumatic stress disorder, while at a shooting range. The book has been a good read so far. At times, the book is so heartbreaking that it makes you want to cry. I hope you have a great weekend. (169 words)
ReplyDeleteI am reading Life Is So Good by George Dawson and Richard Glaubman. The topic is similar to the other books because they might talk about the same subject or they might have some kind of similar things in common. They might be fiction and nonfiction, but there are always parts that are true in both books. The books are different because they might be fiction and nonfiction. They of course talk about different stuff and they also may have different dates, the year the book was written, and some books might not be telling a story of whatever you chose. Sometimes someone can chose a documentary or like the Bible. They are totally different than a normal book.
ReplyDeleteBy Anastasia Ehlers
I am still reading A Chance in the World by Steve Pemberton. The topic of this book really isn't too similar to the books I've read before I think. The books I read before were mostly more about romance and deaths. The difference between them is that the book I am reading now is nonfiction and talks about adoption and child abuse and just pretty serious stuff. Like actual things that happen on a regular basis to actual children. In the chapters I read, Steve left the hospital after the beating he received from Betty because the hospital people could not make Steve budge and tell the truth. He basically just went back home and did his regular things, but the thing that really ticked me off was when Betty made him clean his own blood off the kitchen floor right when he got home. Like really? She was the one who made him bleed that much. It's just terrible. In the last chapter I read he was helping a crew of construction workers with their work outside and he made really good friends with them. They even have a personal conversation together which is good for a kid. They eventually had to leave when they finished their work and Steve was pretty sad, I mean I would be too. The book is getting really interesting and just keeps making me want to read more!
ReplyDeleteWho was Jackie Robinson? by Tanya Turner is the book I chose. The topic of my book is the life of Jackie Robinson and what he and his family went through during his amazing rise to become one of the most well known and revered baseball players of all time. The story begins by telling about his childhood and how he got interested in base ball. It tells some of the sacrifices and things his mom did to provide for he and his family. This book is very different from all of the books I've read so far. I haven't read any biographies of any kind. I haven't read any stories about sports or sports heroes either. All of the stories I've read this year have been fiction. It is similar to the novel Percy Jackson that I read because it talks about a hero. Percy was a hero in his fiction world and Jackie was a hero to many people in the real world. This book is similar to The Giver because there is a conflict in that story as well. In that story there was conflict about letting people know the truth about all the bad things in the world. In this story, there is racial conflict. This book has a lot of information. It is definitely not the kind of book I usually read,
ReplyDeleteThe Book I'm currently reading is Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer. This book is about the dangers of climbing Mount Everest. This book is similar to other books I've read, because most of them are about survival and over coming obstacles and dangers. Also they are different because they use different time sets, and this book is based off a true story.Also, this book is a biography but is told in a story.
ReplyDeleteWatch your word count!
DeleteI am currently reading Devil in the Details: Scenes of an Obsessive Girlhood by Jennifer Traig. This book is similar to other books I have read because it deals with a teenager facing problems. I have read other book about teenagers facing mental illness, but this book is different because it faces the issue with a more humorous approach than the others. The author tries to put a comical spin on the story to try to lighten the mood of her mental illness because she now understands that some of the things she did were a little crazy. In conclusion, this book is both similar and different to other books I have read.
ReplyDeleteHello, Mrs. Watson! My book is French Women Don't Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano.
ReplyDeleteThis book is very different from all the other books that I have read this past year for the quarterly novel projects because it is non-fiction. The other two books I have read were both fictional stories. One of the other two stories I have read this past year was a mystery, which was super interesting because it kept my attention throughout the whole book and then the second book I read was an adventurous and humerous book which I thought was hilarious and was also very absorbed into while reading it. A way that all of the books I have read this past year are simular is that they are all three very fun to read and they are all three age appropriate and fit my reading level. Another way that they are simular is that I have enjoyed reading all of them! I cannot wait to find out more ways I can compare and contrast the books I have read this year with each other! I hope you have a nice weekend.
Sophie Finnell
I am reading Onward we charge by Paul Jeffers. The books topic is World war 2. I have never read a book about world war 2. The closest i got to a book about ww2; is a textbook. But you will only get the important information out of the textbook. In a book about ww2 you will get more details about battles and wars, victories and losses. Even though my book is about 1 guy in 12 battles it will still show how things were during that time. So far i am enjoying my book. I still haven't got to the battles yet but, Darby is growing up. I believe he is going to join the rangers.
ReplyDeleteI am reading the book "Killing Patton" by George O'Reilly. The main topic of the book is General George Patton. The topic of this book is not the same as other topics in books about World War ll. The reason being that other books do not focus mainly on General George Patton. In some ways my book can be similar to other war books. It is similar by the fact that it has a war aspect to it most like other books about the life of a General. Other books might also show both sides of war which George O'Reilly does a particularly great job of. The book "Killing Patton" can be compared to many books but can also be contrasted to other books.
ReplyDeleteI'm reading Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo. This book actually very different then most books you will read about Heaven. Mainly because most books that you will read will talk about heaven or how to get there. But this book it all about a first hand experience of heaven. Its mostly about how they told the world about his story and getting the news out there. But there are a little bit of similarity's to other books i have read. One is that the kid in this book came down with a fatal disease and all hope was lost. But then all of the sudden the kid was cured and ended up living a completely healthy life. There are actually a lot of books or just normal story's or events that this same thing happens beside the fact that this kid went to heaven when he "died".
ReplyDeleteI am reading The Pregnancy Project by Gabby Rodriguez. This book is very different from other books I normally read. It is because it focuses on a subject that is touchy for me. What I mean is, most of my cousins are or were pregnant teens; they were struggling through life every second of the day, facing the challenges of people judging them. I guess it is similar to some books by high schoolers judging on everything. This books just goes into more pregnancy than clothes and hair. In a way, Gabby could be seemed to be offending others, but she is just trying to see how they live. She is thankful that she isn't really pregnant because she has had a lot of struggles with this project so far and cannot wait to it to be over.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Catch me if you can by: Frank W. Abagnale chapter 3 Fly A Crooked sky. When frank lands in Rome he starts to call up air lines and he says that he is a college student and that he is an air plane pilot and that he needs a job. He also likes the way he looks in his uniform and he likes all of the attention. What I want to know is how they don’t know that he is a criminal. If I was a person of the college I would look at his back ground. Also I want to know is how he got the thought of being a student and if he has ever gotten in trouble for it.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Navy Seal dogs by Mike Ritland. The topics from this book are similar to the topics from the other books I read because they have a hero in the plot and they have a tough conflict they have to over come. This book and the past books I have read are different because their based on a true story and the book is more focused on the dogs. The book also has a background story on the author that my previous books did not have. My books topic is also different because these dogs are on real live missions saving people's lives and keeping them out of danger.
ReplyDeleteargo by tony mendez this book is similar to what other books I have been reading because it has violence's, action and adventure all in one and the its difference from what other books I have been reading is that it is a true story and most of the books about the cia and movies about the secret agents and stuff are fictionized and a lot of it is false just to be more applying to readers reading instead of the true story so more people will buy the book or movie I really like Argo and I think the book is great and it has a movie so im going to watch the movie so I can compare the book and movie.
ReplyDeleteThe book I am reading is the Art of War by Sun Tzu. This book is different than any other book that I have ever read. This book is far more complex than anything in my arsenal. This book talks more about real world subjects and other sensitive issues about the world. I read a lot of nonfictional books and this book is in another direction. I enjoy reading nonfictional books a lot more than fictional books but it is good to explore other variations of books that you may not be as familiar with. This book is very different than to what I am used to reading and it is also different to do blogs and other things as well.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Lincoln's Grave Robbers by Steve Sheinkin. I haven't read many mystery books but I have watched many mystery shows. This book is similar to shows because it tells about the robbers plan to take the body but also to hide it. This book is different because unlike a show, you have to imagine the scene. I hope to imagine more about the book more!
ReplyDeleteI am reading the book a night to remember by Roy Ward Baker. The topic of this book is about how the titanic changed history and how it affected some people on board. I feel like this topic is similar to the book hatchet by Gary Paulsen, because it explains how one man survived for so long with out any technology or safety procedures. My point is that it changed on the way he looked at life just like those people on the titanic. This is how the engineering factor of ships came to be so safe for passengers.
ReplyDelete