Prompt: What new concepts does the author explain to you? What would you like to know more about?
1) Read a chunk of your book (about a chapter or so) - ten to twenty pages should do.
2) Put the book down and don't pick it back up until you have posted your blog.
3) THINK about the topic you will focus your blog on.
4) WRITE an organized paragraph with a topic sentence, body, and concluding sentence. Shoot for 6-10 sentences in length.
No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -10
ReplyDeleteI am still reading Death in Yellowstone Accidents and Foolhardiness in the First National Park by Lee H. Whittlesey. Some new concepts that the author has shown me are that Yellowstone’s national park bears were once fed by visitors. This was bad because if the bears did not receive food they would become restless and would start to hurt people. I would like to know what the park rangers did to control this problem also I would like to know if anyone died by a geyser. Yellow Stone is a dangerous place, with its luring hot springs and it deadly animals.
I'm reading Bring me a Unicorn by Ann Marrow Lindbergh. As for concepts I do not really know any right now because this is the first time I have read a book like this. The book interests me because I have to actually pay attention to details or I will miss the whole entire thing. I have read historical fiction books before but I knew those ones go in order so I did not have to worry about the dates. I would like to know more about how Anne and Charles met. I guess to find out how they meant I will have to read more into the book.I really do love the book though.
ReplyDeleteAna Alford
Hello Mrs. Watson,
ReplyDeleteThe book I am reading this week is once again, French Women Don't Get Fat, by Mireille Guiliano.
I am going to go ahead and try to knock this blog out as well. The new concepts that the author is explaining to the readers is how to enjoy yourself while being slim healthy at the same time, like the French do! This book is really stylish and convincing. It is basically like the ultimate non-diet book. A major new concept the author tries to explain to the readers is why exactly French women don’t get fat, even though they enjoy bread and pastries, wine, and regular three-course meals.Which normally leaves American women on the road down to weight-gain (or any other nationality). The author is unlocking the secrets of the "French Paradox" (enjoying food but still maintaining their body and health). I would like to continue reading this book to find out more about just exactly HOW the French women do it. I think it is very interesting to read about the French diet and exercise routine and lifestyle. I cannot wait to continue on reading this book!
-Sophie Finnell
Enjoy your spring break!
I am still reading A Chance in the World by Steve Pemberton. In the chapter I read Steve was talking about a couple moments he had at the Robinson's household. He told one story of bonding with Willie, and a few bad ones about Betty and just the home in general. One was about Betty faking a heart attack to scare Reggie and not let him leave. In reality Reggie was also in the whole fake heart attack thing so basically it was just a whole act to show the family some pretty dramatic ways of showing panic. The story I enjoyed the most though was when Willie and Steve were in the car and Willie got upset because this cab driver said something really offensive to him and he literally got out of the car with a machete and chased the cab driver around until he couldn't anymore because of his knee. Steve explained it as one of the best moments he has had with the Robinson family. Along with that Willie and Steve laughed together and that is a first for them. I feel pretty happy for him that he at least got one good moment so far with them. A new concept he explains is the concept of having some enjoyment in his family with the Robinsons. Something I want to know more about is the other good moments he had with them because it could not have been ALL bad so there has had to be a few others and I would love to hear about them!
ReplyDeleteI am currently reading Devil in the Details: Scenes from an Obsessive Girlhood by Jennifer Traig. This book has introduced me to many new concepts. The main new concept I have been introduced to in this book is mental illness. Before reading this book, I did not understand the severity of some mental illnesses, like OCD. A lot of people joke about having it, but they don’t because OCD is a real, serious mental illness. Although this concept is interesting, I would like to know more about the treatment for mental illnesses like OCD, but I think that the author will discuss treatment later in the story.
ReplyDeleteI am currently reading the Pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardener. The author has presented that school is a very important part in your life. He also states that family is everything and they are always going to be there for you. He also states that you shouldn’t have a bad attitude even if things are bad and tough in your life, because it won’t get you anywhere. You have to work very hard if you want to get places, and achieve your goals. I would like to know more about his school life, and what were his favorite subjects. I would also like to know more about, how his relationship with his mother, and his adoptive father. Lastly I would like to know more about his sister Odephia.
ReplyDeleteUnbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
ReplyDeleteHi it's Steven and I am reading Unbroken by Laura Hildebrand.A new concept that the author is getting at is that you should never give up on your dream don't give up.Stay strong threw the toughest times. Just like Louie does in the book . I would like to know more about Louie and more about his life. I would also love to know more about Louie's brother because he sound like a real cool guy and seems like a real cool guy. His mom is super funny and it would be nice to know more about it
I learned that even in dangerous situations, you can stay calm. I would like to know more about Bethany’s family. I am reading chapter one of Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton. In this chapter, we meet Bethany’s best friend Alana. We then get into how the shark bit off her arm. I wasn’t expecting to go right into the shark attack. I also very surprised that she stayed calm while her arm was being ripped off. The next section of the book is the day of her shark attack. This book is confusing me a little but, I understand that the part before this was just a sneak peek of what was to come. I have only gotten that far in the book, but I am excited to read more.
ReplyDeleteCurrently I am reading “Conversations with Major Dick Winters” by Cole C. Kingseed. It explains what the life was like back then in WWII. And what new technology they had then in that time period. I think it is really interesting to learn about their time. Our society has changed so much from the 1940’s to the present. Some new concepts that he has shared the formative experiences that made Winters such an effective leader. It told how he was such a good leader through war and not in war and he was so committed to his men. That you do not give up is a new concept.
ReplyDeleteArgo by tony Mendez the author really hasn't explained any new concepts but the author has been telling the story in a good way because the author was the one who was the main person in the Iranian crisis too get the u.s. delegates out of Iran because rebel took over the Iran that was an monarchy and the people ( at least the rebels didn't like the monarchy so they kicked the monarchy out of power and they took u.s. delegates and some of them they even killed before the author of the book tony Mendez went to Iran posed as an film director.i would like too know more about how the CIA tricked the rebels in the first place as film directors.
ReplyDeleteI need some punctuation, please!
DeleteI am reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. In the book, the author shows tons of ideas and concepts. For example, one concept is how the Norden Bombsight works on the plane that Louis Zamperini is the bombardier of. Another example is how she describes all of the air raids and how the pilots and others on the planes prepare for them. Then when they are doing the air raids, she adds in tons of details like how the flak from the anti-air guns explode in the air and send shrapnel into the bomber planes. I would like to know more about how the bomber planes work; although she does talk about it briefly every now and then, the author doesn't go into that much detail about it.
ReplyDeleteI am reading The night to remember by Roy baker. The author explains the concept of the ship like dining area or sport courts. The ship was a very big and wide ship. The ships back then were powered by coals. I would like to learn a lot more about how the people lived their lives daily for the cruse. One other concept I would like to learn is how did the boat sink from a reef. The ship must have been going at least 30+ knots or more. I don't understand how the ship got a 20 foot long hole on the bow.
ReplyDeleteCheck your word count!
DeleteI am reading The Pregnancy Project by Gaby Rodriguez. I have learned some new concepts, like faking a pregnancy isn't an easy thing to do. Faking as Pregnancy would be really hard to deal with. Also Gaby's mom stayed with her husband that was abusing her which she dealt with to keep the family happy and together and cheating on her which she couldn't deal with anymore so she filed a divorce. I would like to know more about her family and what Gaby went through I also want to learn more about her fake pregnancy she did for her senior project.
ReplyDeleteI am reading the book ,42, the true story of Jackie Robinson. I am on Chapter 4. I think that this book has taught me to be kind and respectful to whoever wants to play the great game of baseball. I know that Jackie Robinson went through a lot with the team and the fans. I think that Jackie was intimidated. All the fans were dirty in what they say and in their actions at the baseball field. Also, it was interesting how the players would travel on a bus instead of on a plane like now a days. This book is getting really good.!
ReplyDeleteA walk in the woods
ReplyDeleteBy, bill Bryson
So far I did learn new things in the book and I would like to learn the strategies of hiking. In the book it already told me to watch out for bear in the appellation trail. I learned to put light things in the back pack. Also in the book it told me to how to prepare supplies for the hiking trip. I would like to learn how to get food in the woods and how to kill a bear. The book has showed me only a few new things that I did not know.
Watch your word count!
DeleteMillion dollar arm
ReplyDeleteBy: J.B. Bernstein
J.B. Bernstein has showed me that it doesn't matter where you from, who you are or what you look like to do something you love. This book really made me believe you can turn nothing into something because the kids J.B. picked from a small town in India that were there was nothing but their families and friends. Who encourages them to go play baseball and live there dreams. Which some people don't believe can happen to them because their from India witch doesn't make a difference as long as their family and friends do, then anything is possible. The point I think the author is trying to get across is that little things can come in small and different packages like un-traditional families which our society needs to show that other people can make differences as well. So again the author has showed me that it doesn't matter about your skin color, religion, or race that as long as you can put your mind to it you can do it.
CJ Moore
4B
This quarter the book I am reading is Si-Cology 101 by Si Robertson from Duck Dynasty. In the past few chapters I have read, Si explains how he and his brothers spent their time together when they were kids. They would go fishing a lot and bring pounds of fish back to their mother to fry. He also discusses all the times that he was bitten by snakes. A new concept that I have read about in the story is the fact there mother would let them skip school sometimes to fish and hunt. My mom would never let me do that! I am really looking forward to the part in the story where Si goes to Vietnam. I feel like that was a very interesting part of his life and I would like to know more about it.( 139 words)
ReplyDeleteI am reading Reckless Faith by Beth Gukenberger. It is about a married couple who goes on a mission trip in Mexico. I learn ways to grow into a stronger Christian and how to show Jesus’s love to the world. I want to be a missionary when I grow up in South America. This book teaches me a lot about what my dream career is all about. I learned that being a missionary not only are you teaching others, but you are also teaching yourself. I wish that the book would go into more detail about just how to teach and speak out about God’s love for us. Also, how to take someone completely opposed to Christianity, but being able to make them more open minded to our faith.
ReplyDeleteI am reading "Crossing the Borders of Time" by Leslie Maitland. This week you have asked us to write about the new concept that the author has explain to us. To answer that question is easy; the new concept that the author introduce to me is the treatment of children. My book is taking place during World War 2 and the beginning of the Holocaust. Therefore, the chapter I read was how three kids childhood was during that time and that how was they're "mentor" at the time. They're "mentor" was very strict and violent; which made the children have fear towards the mentor and they're parents. There was a part in the book that said that one of the kids thought about the mentor which was the it seemed that she was training them like the Hitler Youth movment at the time. The years past and the mentor need they're help but as a result the children said no. That shows how much dameg a person can do; also shows that kids remember the pain then the times of pure happiness. That is what parents should think about when punishing they're children when they do something wrong. I would like to know more about how children's minds work and if things that happen in they're childhood effect them in they're adulthood.
ReplyDeleteHow good is good enough? By Andy Stanley. In this week’s blog I will be telling you about the new concepts the author is explaining to me and what I would like to know more about. Well the author is telling us about how u get to heaven like what it takes and what people think. I already knew how to get to heaven by going to church a lot but he asked random people on the streets and kids that call themselves Christians and some actually most said u had to be good and do good things and that is incorrect. I really don’t know what else I would like to know actually so I will just find out more as I read I guess.
ReplyDeleteFor this last quarter, I am studying a book called An Enemy Called Average by John L. Mason. First and foremost I am a practical true Christian who wants to stand out and not blend in. My book teaches me a lot about godly wisdom and how to be more decisive I would love to know more about God's will. I learned that being a servant won't make you famous but rich as the author implied to think about this. Its challenging to be a Christian and obtain a life for Christ and encouraging others .
ReplyDeleteI am reading the Pregnancy Project by Gabby Rodriguez. I would like to know more about why Gabby really wants to do this hard project. It jeperdizes her future, her relationship with her friends, and a bad influence on the family. I mean I understand the work and effort put into this, but I wouldn't take it this far. It would be to embarrassing to take it on for so long. it makes Gabby seem like one of those "bad" type of people. New concepts I have learned about the book are that Gabby is strong, independent, and goes until she reaches her goal.
ReplyDeleteMy book, 12 Years a slave by Soloman Northup, is very interesting, but there is much more that i would like to know about. To begin with I would like to know a little more about what his life was like before he got kidnapped. It says that he was a violin player but i wish that i could know more about his life like who he was as a person in general. The author says that he loved his father and that his father was a very good man that respected everyone even the white men even though his father was a slave almost all of his life. The mother and father sadly died when he was in slavery as for he was born a free man but kidnapped in New York State.
ReplyDeleteI am reading "I Survived the Attacks on September 11, 2001" by Lauren Tarshis. The author explained a new concept between the main character, Lucas, and his uncle, Uncle Benny. After the main character suffered a few concussions from football, turns out, his uncle told Lucas's mother to send him to a certain doctor. The doctor told Lucas to stop playing football forever. Uncle Benny wanted Lucas to stop after they had a good relationship going, and Uncle Benny was the one to get Lucas to play football in the first place. I would like to learn more about the relationship between the main character and his uncle now, but something really bad has just occurred in New York. Something bad that has to do with a plane and one of two tall towers, and Lucas and Uncle Benny saw it happen right in front of them.
ReplyDeleteI am currently reading The Origin of species by Charles Darwin. In this book I have learned many new concepts such as Embryology, Sexual selection, and Descent with modification or just Natural selection. I would like to know more about the idea of Descent with modification and how it came to be. I would like to know how he started to notices the differences in the species he was studying. I would also like to know how he would start to figure out how these species where all very similar or somewhat exactly alike but with a few differences to help them survive in their habitat.
ReplyDeleteHe gives the concept that in life you can do anything if you can set your mind to it and if you poot just a little bit of effort than you will achieve wonders. In the chapter I just finisht he poses as Noah Taylor and ends up wining a Grammy and this really happened. So you just have to poot you’re mined to it and actually seek it out.
ReplyDeleteTitle? Author? Questions? Word count?
DeleteFrom Baghdad, With Love
ReplyDeleteKopleman
Some new concepts that the author has said in the book are that sometimes you have to break rules. You have to want what you want and not what someone else wants. I want to know more about how this puppy affects this main characters life and how will the dog be known as later on in the story. Sometimes I wander why it was the dog and how the man is in the middle of war and yet he forgets everything but thinks of the dog wagging his tale in his hands and shaking around. How will the puppy be a main character in this story?
I am reading Unbroken, written by Laura Hillenbrand. The author, Hillenbrand, has recently introduced the concept that Louis Zampernini is no ordinary boy. She goes into detail about his life as a child. Little Louis became a rowdy teenager, who never followed the rules. He stole from individual people, groups, and even stores. When he was grounded, he snuck out to steal just to prove that he could. I would like to hear from Louis in the first person point of view, so I can feel what he is feeling. The third person point of view is effective right now because I am still being introduced to some characters, nut I would like to hear from Louis. I encourage others to read this book.
ReplyDeleteIn the book called the Seamstress by Sara T. Bernstein, she describes the main character named Seren that was a Jewish girl. She had a lot of brothers and sisters that were spoiled. Seren also had a father that was mean, over- protective, and racist and she had a mother that was kinder than her father. I would like to learn about what her life was like. I want to learn why they also put nuns in concentration camps. I would also want to know her favorite hobbies were, to see if we have anything in common, and to learn her personality (if she has one). (106 words)
ReplyDeleteI am reading inside delta force by Eric Haney. Some new concepts that the author explained was using a car as a weapon, hijacking planes, breaking into places, clearing rooms effectively, and rescuing hostages. A car can be used to spin out other cars, hit a car to stop it, and go through road blocks. He also explained how to hijack a plane to capture terrorists that took over. The seats can actually be used to protect against bullets and most shrapnel. He didn't explain how but said about how easy it was to break into a place, even a car can be broken into with only 3 tools from a hardware store.One thing I want to know is what a two and a half deuce is.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Marley & Me by John Grogan
ReplyDeleteNew concepts that the author explains to me is how the owner John tries to train Marley because he gets into everything and destroys their house when they leave. John tries to take him to the park and teach him new tricks but Marley can never seem to learn. Marley always ends up chasing people or doing something bad when they go out. They don’t ever give up on Marley because they love him, so they just keep trying to teach him. I would like to know more about if he ever learns to behave correctly. I’m sure I will find out as I read more into the book.
I am reading “Sometimes You Win Sometimes You Learn” by John C. Maxwell.
ReplyDeleteThis chapter is about “Reality: The Foundation of Learning” and the author tells a story about Charlene Schiff and how she was born into a comfortable, loving family, and had the perfect life, but then everything changed for Charlene in 1939. She lost her dad, her younger sister and her mom due to the holocaust. So she was left by herself and had to hide on her own and be smart about it; most part she was. She had survived. Charlene story is very brave and it shows how “we must be able to face reality and use it to create a foundation for growth” and I totally agree. There isn't anything I want to know about, the author is doing a wonderful job!
I am currently reading I AM SEAL TEAM SIX WARRIOR by Howard E. Wasdin and Stephen Templin. I guess a new concept i learned about is when he is teaching the person how and what his first mission will be like. Being a sniper can be a hard job and you have to have real focus to do that job. The main job of seals is to mainly handle terrorism. I would like to know more about how there training goes and why did he want to go into the military as a sniper or if he was drafted. It is a very good book and I will continue to read it!
ReplyDeleteI am reading Navy seal dogs by Mike Ritland. Some new concepts the author explains to me is that there's a test for dogs to pass. The dog must pass all three test to recieve certification and become titled. I would like to know what all the dog must do in order to recieve their certification and become titled. I also learned that the navy seals usually want their dogs about two or three years old becuase those years are when the dog learns best. I would like to know why they wouldn't use a dog thats younger becuase then it can learn more things and you can grow it up and train it how you want it to be. I also learned that the navy seals dogs are more energetic, focused, and relentless.
ReplyDeleteSoul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton. Some new concepts the author has explained to me is that you have to take risks in life and overcome the bad things that happen to you in life. I would like to know more about her mom and dad and when they went surfing. Chapter three is about her family. Her brothers Noah and Timmy are older than her and she is the youngest. Noah is twenty-one and likes to go surfing. Timmy is seventeen and is a body boarder. I like that she has older brothers that care for her and like surfing. Menehunes are legendary races that is when little bitty people in the Hawaiian folklore. I did not know what this word meant until now. Bethany has a favorite surf spot which is Hanalei Pier and it is also where she learned to surf. I like that she tells us where she learned to surf and her favorite spot to surf. This is chapter three of Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton.
ReplyDeleteI am reading the book "Killing Patton" by George O'Reilly. This book is about World War ll and the life of George Patton. I am currently on chapter eight in the book. As far as concepts go I'm not quite sure there are any in this book so far. The book is in the view of George Patton and he doesn't play that big of a role now because the book is just starting off. I would like to learn more about George Patton in the upcoming chapter. He is a very complex person but he also has many secrets.
ReplyDeleteThis week I am readin the Art of War by Sun Tzu. I am currently about three chapter in to the book at this point and nothing much has happened so far. I don't know when things may pick up but this is the part of the book that develops the strategic side of the book. I can't say that I have seen too many new concepts thrown into the book yet. It may be a while before the strategy is actually put into use and go along the the war portion of the novel.
ReplyDeleteWord count!
DeleteI Drew A Monkey in A Math Book Now I'm Married by Jon K Davis
ReplyDeleteDavis didn't really explain this concept , but he did make me realize that you have to be careful what you joke about and who you joke with . Some people interpret things differently . Just because you don't think one thing is offensive doesn't mean it's not offensive to someone else . Jon and his wife today , saw each other differently , because of first impressions . He joked with her when they first met . He was just being him , yet he came off as a jerk and she came off as a snob . So, I guess it all comes down to being careful and joking doesn't always lighten the mood . Yes , you should continue to be yourself , but try not to offend anyone .
Make sure you answer the question!
DeleteI am currently reading the book called Million Dollar Arm by J.B. Bernstein. This book so far is about J.B. doing something that is near impossible, but will try to do it anyway to save his job. I think that this book gives off the idea of chasing your dreams or goals no matter how impossible they seem at the moment. I do agree with this idea because you can do almost anything (realistically) if you put a lot of determination and dedication behind it. I also don’t know much about baseball so I don’t understand some of the words at times but it is still a great book.
ReplyDeleteThis week I am reading The story by Zondervan. At this point in the book Moses is leading the Israelis out of Egypt and out of slavery. The author has given me the new concept of how God has passed knowledge and promises through many generations of his disciples. His word has passed through about 5 generations and each one has been successful in achieving the goal God wanted them to complete. Something I would like to know more about is how did the disciples God chose learn a lot about him? This is a time before Jesus was born, so his name hadn't been spread that widely yet. So what did God say to Jacob, Moses, Israel and earlier generations to make them believe in him?
ReplyDeleteI am reading The Life, Art, and Music of Daniel Johnston by Tarssa Yazdani and Don Goede. A new concept that the authors explain to me in this book is that of a "cult phenomenon". This is someone who, while not mainstream, has a group of a few hundred or even thousand fans who like them. These people usually have their music in independent movies, or covered by independent artists. I would like to learn more about different artists that fall under this category, as well as understand the reason why their not mainstream yet so many people like them (i.e. the cult mentality).
ReplyDeleteWith the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa
ReplyDeleteEugene Sledge
Matthew Fowler
03/27/15
While reading my nonfiction book for the quarter I noticed that the author placed a heavy emphasis about the concept of mental and moral aspects of the war. I can understand this because the marines in the Pacific had to often go through things that seems wrong to us back in the states. For example, similar to the wars in the Middle East, the marines on Okinawa had to make harsh decisions when it came to the survival of the Ryukyuan people because the Imperial Army would use them as distractions when fighting the marines. Another example would when they had to return home and face the harsh realities of what they experienced through the war and how they would never be able to forget. I can understand how that would put a tremendous amount of mental strain on a sane person, but I hope the book covers the author’s experiences returning home. I would allow me to dwell into how the marines life returning home was and what they faced. I would imagine it was like the soldiers returning home from Vietnam, but with less ridicule.
Hey, Ms. Watson. It’s officially spring break! A new concept that the author tries to explain to me is all the different seal teams and that Kris Kyle was on SEAL team 3 and what it took to be a Navy SEAL. I would like to know more about his scariest missions and what it felt like to lose his close friends right in front of his eyes. I also want to know if he ever broke down from all the pressure and people he had to kill even if it was to protect other soldiers or to protect any U.S civilians. This book has been very interesting and I can’t wait to read the rest. I can’t wait for the rest of the quarter and have a great spring break! (131 words)
ReplyDeleteTitle and author!
Delete
ReplyDeleteBook: Hidden like Anne Frank
Author: Marcel Prins and Peter Henk Steenhu
I think the new things that I learned from the book is that when it talks about families going into hiding they went into it at spread times. I also learned that during the holocaust that not all of the jews were sent to concentration camps. Those jews were married to non-jews. I also learned when the jews went to a new check point they had to sign in to go in the building. What I want to know while reading this book is what happen to the officers of the concentration camp after the war. (108)
Flags of Our Fathers
ReplyDeleteBy: Bradley Czajka
In the next chapter of Flags of Our Fathers, the author goes into why the six flag raisers entered the war, how they were during some of the battles, and how the war affected them for the first time. When the Japanese surprisingly attacked Pearl Harbour, Mike Strank enlisted into the marines. He was the only one of the six men to enlist to the military before America entered the war. Ira Hayes became part of Company B, Third Parachute Battalion, Divisional Special Troops, Third Marine Division a couple months after Mike started towards the Pacific. Harlon Block entered the war with his football team into the Marine Corps. Jack Bradley entered a hospital to help with wounded soldiers to avoid fighting while Rene entered the Marines simply because he liked the uniform. Mike was the first to reach Bougainville and to experience the rough road ahead. Mike, Ira and Harlon all experienced the horrors of Bougainville, but once Harlon arrived, the island was about to be captured entirely. The author went more into detail on how the fighting actually was and how the soldiers felt. I would like to know if there were any times that the soldiers made strategic plans that worked.
I am still reading Stephen King A Biography by Albert Rolls, the other has talked a little bit about the misconceptions of Stephen King's childhood. Stephen King has written some pretty twisted novels, thats basically what the public knows him for. So one might think, he might of had a little bit of an unusual childhood to have written all these dark novels. The author shows us that this is wrong, Stephen King had a normal child hood, some of the events that happen in the books he has wrote, were events that happened for real. Of course, not the twisted parts, but some of the humorous sections are inspired by true events.
ReplyDeleteMake sure you answer the question completely!
DeleteMy book is The cave, the cabin , and the tattoo man by Tim Callahan. The author, Tim Callahan, introduces many concepts like what it was like when he was a kid in Kentucky and how things were back then. I would really like to know why there were so few people in his small little town and how they handled so many issues in the town and he was one of the only people who was involved in almost every big event and also how it turned out between him and Suzie. This would be great to ask him and one day I hope I get that chance.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Go Ask Alice by an anonymous author, i am about half way through the book. Some new concepts the Author talks about is the discussion on drugs. The main character has an addiction to drugs, and it has shown me how it can really effect your life and the people in it. I would like to know more about how the main character got her life back on track, and found new friends. I've been introduced to how people treat you when you have an addiction from reading this book. Also the author shows just how gullible a person can really be.
ReplyDeleteI am currently reading "90 minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper. The main new concept the author explains to the readers is what Heaven is actually like. He explains his real experience and shares it with the world so they can understand Heaven with a new view. He also explains how prayer can change an entire situation. He was dead for a solid ninety minutes. Somebody stood over him, prayed nonstop until Don came back to life. That is incredible. I would like to have a deeper understanding of Heaven because there was only one chapter on his experience in Heaven. Majority of the book is Don explaining the damage done to his body and how it was all fixed.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Life Is So Good by George Dawson and Richard Glaubman. The new concepts that the author explains are that people do not need to be separated from black and white. I know we might have disliked each other long time ago, but I just think that it should have not been like that. Early in the days, I heard that you were not supposed to come near the white people and you were not even supposed to talk or play with them. I would like to know what would have happened if the white and black people liked each other. What if black and white people got married, but they were not allowed. I would want to know what would happen. I would like to know if they would be treated differently.
ReplyDeleteBy Anastasia Ehlers
I am reading Onward we Charge by Paul Jeffers. I finished chapter 2 and close to finishing chapter 3. Chapter 2 gave alot of information about the different plans to attack Germany. I do not want to give away any spoilers. I want to know more about Darby's rangers. I would also like to know about Darbys family because it only talked about his cousin. It just started off with them talking about different plans. What i am saying is the book doesnt have much action at the start like i wanted it to. Hopefully, there would be more action and fighting, since this is a book about a military. The book is alright so far other than the part i talked about. I wonder whats going to happen in chapter 4.
ReplyDeleteMy book that I am currently reading is Unbroken which is written by Laura Hillenbrand. Something I would like to know more about is how Louie was treated at the infirmary in more detail. I want to know why he was treated so nice there but transferred to the execution island. They treated him so nicely but then put his life in jeopardy and i just don't understand why they would do that. I would really like to understand why they did that and i would like to know how the General who instructed Louie and his team to fly the Green Hornet which was obviously not okay to fly feels about them crashing and if he regrets it or still thinks it was the right decision.
ReplyDeleteFrom Baghdad, With Love
ReplyDeleteKopelman
Some knew concepts that the other has shown us is that the military guys care for the dog and are glad that they found him. At first it seemed that they didn't care much about the dog or they didn't know what to do with the dog. Now it seems to be that they truly care for the dog and what to take him wherever they go. Which in this case is a good thing for them because the dog can grow up and become and true military dog. I would like to know more about why the dog was found and what is the symbolic meaning to why the dog was found.
Im reading Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo. A new concept that I think the author is trying to explain to me. Is the fact that the father had lost all hope for his son living. So he started to get mad at god. But the father never put it past god to make his son better. Since he never put it past him god made his son better. So I think that what the author is trying to explain to us is. Even if it seems all hope it lost never lose faith. Always have faith that things will get better. Never give just because it looks to be over. What I want to know is did the father actually that god was going to let his son die? Or somewhere in the back of his mind did he know that things would get better?
ReplyDeleteI am reading catch me if you can by: Frank W. abagnale chapter 2 the pilot. What the author has shone is that when frank was a 16 he ran away from home. He ran away from his dad and he left without saying good bye to anyone. When he ran away he went to New York because he thought that was a great place for him. He had a bank account with 100 dollars in it and he convinces a boy to let him stay at his house while he looks for a job. I would like to know why would he leave like that and if his dad care that he left at such a young age.
ReplyDeleteI am still reading The Truth About Unicorns, by James Cross Giblin. This book introduces some new concepts to me. For an example, "Unicorns were created when a Scholar went to another Country and heard all of the stories the traders were telling about them, and then took them back to his country and told everyone about them." This is basically telling us that Unicorns were created from Myths/Stories in VERY early culture, which I did not know about. I think its also interesting how The Author explains the storys, because he explains them in a very fable-like way, instead of a factual way. All of my examples show how The Author explains his topic in a very weird way.
ReplyDelete(104 Words, Roughly)
-Sydni Simpson
I am reading Who Was Jackie Robinson by Tanya Turner. This book shows how racism has affected more than just the poor and underprivileged people in our country. Jackie became a star in an era when there were many changes happening in America. Segregation of the races in all things, including sports, was common place and many people still felt that black people were second class citizens and had no place playing with whites. Jackie helped to break that thinking as he has become one of the most notable baseball players in history. Racism has become more and more an issue in the news as people are standing up for themselves and their rights and speaking out against racial acts of violence and injustice. Most people don't think about racism in sports because people like athletes and don't care what color they are or where they come from as long as they are good at the sport they are playing. I would like to know if the popular sports stars of today have to deal with the kind of open racism that Jackie had to face or is it more hidden. I also want to know if the athletes or coaches say or do anything about it. I wonder if they witness an racist acts and it they do, what is their response to it.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Lincoln's Grave Robbers by Steve Sheinkin. The author tells me how the robbers actually got into the tomb where Lincoln's body was laying. They also tell about the steps they took to improve the conditions of the new tomb. I would want to know why the robbers spent so much time planning and not enough time running from the authorities. I don't really get why the plan failed because the plan sounded really good and complex. I hope to learn more about my questions before the book ends.
ReplyDeleteI was reading the Maze Runner by James Dashner. It says that I did not do this blog so I am going to do it now. It was a very good book and would recommend it to anyone at least twelve years or older. I would recommend it to that age group because of the graphics or the language or how some things are hard to comprehend. The book has good moral value to it and show that if you try hard enough you can accomplish anything.
ReplyDelete