Prompt: What book have you chosen to read and why? Give us a brief synopsis of what it is about and why it interests you. THIS IS YOUR FIRST BLOG OF Q4; LETS GO OUT WITH A BANG!
1) Read a chunk of your book (about a chapter or so) - ten to twenty pages should do.
2) Put the book down and don't pick it back up until you have posted your blog.
3) THINK about the topic you will focus your blog on.
4) WRITE an organized paragraph with a topic sentence, body, and concluding sentence. Shoot for 6-10 sentences in length.
No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -10
The book I have chosen is Life Is So Good by George Dawson and Richard Glaubman. I chose it because my mom had read the book and many people have recommended it. I also chose it because it is about Christianity and it teaches you how to fight through whatever you might be going through. In this book, God tells us things that we need to take and use that massage that he gives us. One of his quotes is, “Life is so good. I do believe it’s getting better.”
ReplyDeleteThis book is about a 103 year old man that learns to read at the age of 98. When he was a kid, he went through some tough times. He had to see white people get bitten and how they were not supposed to be with black people. He shows people how to get through these situations or any kind. There is happiness, sadness, and drama that happen in this book. Of course there is Christianity in the book. It interests me because I love true books and I love books that talk about Christianity and what happened to people at that time. You always want to see what happened with other people and what they are going through. I am interested also because of my mom.
By Anastasia Ehlers
I have chosen The Pregnancy Project by Gaby Rodriquez. I chose this book because it made me think about how some people can treat others different just on the way they look. Also, I am a teenager and if I were to get pregnant this young, I don’t know what I would do. I wouldn’t know how my parents would react, I don’t even know how I would tell them. This book made me think hard just after the first chapter. The Pregnancy Project is basically about a girl who pretends to be pregnant, for her senior project, and the only people who know are her boyfriend and her parents. When people start to find out, she gets looked down upon as if the world were a dark place. No one wanted to be her friend.
ReplyDeleteI’m reading Death in Yellowstone: Accidents and Foolhardiness in the First National Park by Lee H. Whittlesey. It tells in great detail of all the deaths that have occurred in YellowStone. The Author has hundreds of sources so I know that all the stories in this book are true. What made me want to read this book is that I have been to Yellowstone and can visualize the setting of the story. This book just grabs my attention because all the stuff is true and I want to see the mindless people who got hurt during their trip to the first National park.
ReplyDeleteThe book I choose to read this quarter is call “Hidden like Anne Frank”. The authors of the book are Marcel Prins and Peter Henk Steenhus. The reason chooses this book is because when I found the book I read the cover it seemed like a good book. I bought the book and I read one story I started to like it. I never finished the book when I bought it so I started to read it again for the quarter. A brief summary of the book is that it has different stories of people mostly children who had to leave their family and go into hiding.(107)
ReplyDeleteI am reading the book Unbroken, written by Laura Hillenbrand. So far, the setting is Torrance, California in 1929. The story is about Louis Zampernini, the son of two Italian immigrants, who lives an incredibly different life from most little boys. So far the author, Laura Hillenbrand, has mentioned that Louis isn’t like other boys. He is adventurous, asks questions, and acts like a grown man. I can imagine this lifestyle will lead to home joining the military, but I will find out as I continue reading. I chose this book because it has received raving reviews and already has a movie. The book has been on New York Times’ bestseller list for three years! Any book with that much attention must be worth reading.
ReplyDeleteI have chosen the book a night to remember by Walter Lord. This book is about the night of the sinking of the titantic. How one night was the worst of all. A huge ship called the titantic hit a rief in the ocean and was in the process of sinking. I chose to read this book because I wanted to read about how people lived their lives after losing people and family members to this disaster. I really like this kind of non-fiction story because I can see through other peoples eyes. I give thsi book a five out of five.
ReplyDeleteI chose the book The Pregnancy project by Gaby Rodriguez. I chose this book because I was interested to see how this girl was treated during this pregnancy. Gaby Rodriguez is seventeen years old and for her senior project she is going to fake being pregnant. She basically wants to know what it feels like to be pregnant and how people would treat her when they found out. This project is going to be really hard to do because she’s going to have to fake this pregnancy for nine months. I am excited to read more of this book to see what will happen.
ReplyDeleteI am going to read the book 42 Adapted by Aron Rosenberg based upon the screenplay written by Brian Helgeland. This book is based on the life story of Jackie Robinson and his life on the baseball field. This is in the MLB; he first played and the other players did not like this because of the color of his skin.. The umps were yelling at Jackie Robinson because he was African American. The other teams were yelling and treating him like a dog. He was wanting to prove that his color was not important. He took a hard road to play baseball with the white players.
ReplyDeleteFor quarter 4, I am reading 90 minutes in Heaven by Don Piper. This book interests me because I am a very strong Christian and it interests me to learn about what its like in Heaven. I am so excited to begin reading this book and learning more about Heaven and what it is like. This book is about a minister named Don Piper who died in a car crash. He went to heaven for 90 minutes, but then came back alive after the whole town prayed for him. He shared his story and more than 3 million copies have been sold. I can't wait to start reading and learning more about my religion!
ReplyDeleteI am currently reading The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin. I Chose this book Because I enjoy reading about animals and this book covers the way of how animals came to be with natural selection and many other causes. In the first "chapter" the book covers how Charles Darwin spent his life being an educated scientist exploring the world on the H.M.S. Beagle from 1831-1836. It also states that though Darwin was not the first to come up with the idea of evolution and natural selection but how he "matured" the subject. It also states how on the first day of publication The origin of Species was sold out.
ReplyDeleteI am starting the book, The Day Kennedy Was Shot, by Jim Bishop. The thing that really draws to this Historical Novel is the fact that I don’t really know that much about Kennedy’s assassination. My Dad, on the other hand, is OBSESSED with it, and wants to know EVERYTHING there is to know about the historical event. I also really enjoy learning about new things, and since this IS such a HUGE event in the history of our country, I figure I better know SOMETHING about it. There’s not that much to tell about this book, since I JUST started reading it, but the main point of the novel is to inform the reader about what REALLY happened, or to separate fact from fiction. I also like this book because of its complex writing style, which makes the book THAT much more interesting. In conclusion, I am VERY excited to clear the cloud in my head, that surrounds the assassination of JFK, and simplify the controversial topic it is.
ReplyDelete- Sydni Simpson (175 Words)
I chose to read Lincoln's Grace Robbers by Steve Sheinkin. I chose this book because I enjoy reading about crime investigation and I really want to go into crime investigation when I grow up. This book is about how a group of robbers tried to steal Abraham Lincoln's body out of the Lincoln Memorial. This book interests me because I usually watch crime investigation shows such as Criminal Minds, CSI Miami, Dateline, and Law and Order. I hope this book is the right choice for me and I can't wait to read it!
ReplyDeleteThe book I am now reading is called A Chance in the World by Steven Pemberton. I chose to read this book because my sister had read it and said the book was literally amazing and she usually reads pretty great book. Also I chose this book because when I read the back of it, it really caught my interest. The book is basically about Steve Pemberton's life growing as an orphan. In the chapters I read he talked about the first time he got taken from his home and then one home that he was in after he was taken from his mother. The home he was in was extremely terrible. When the social service people picked him up he had a really bad ear infection, broken nose, and was underweight along with plenty of other things. From this start I can tell this guy has been treated not too great but that he is a fighter and is strong. These kind of books really interest me because it's like life story basically, I love to read about other people's lives and see how their life was because everybody lives so differently or even so similar. I just am really excited to read this book this quarter and go through this journey with the book.
ReplyDeleteI have chosen the nonfiction book called The Seamstress: A Memoir of Survival by Sara Tuvel Bernstein. I choose this book because of the summary. This story is basically about a Jewish girl named Sara that managed to survive in the concentration camp. It interests me because it is like reading Anne Frank, but she has not thought of hiding in a house. Instead she decided to escape a year in forced labor detachment. She also had a baby in the concentration camp which is a problem because Sara has been beaten up in specific way that I will not tell you.
ReplyDeleteI chose the book, “Soul Surfer” by Bethany Hamilton. I chose this book because I had heard about it from a friend and I got really interested in reading the book. This book is about a girl who loves surfing, and when she was out surfing one day, her arm was bitten off by a shark. She has to re-learn everything from putting her hair in a ponytail to cutting up tomatoes. I am extremely interested in this book because Bethany Hamilton is one of my role models and this book is very inspirational. I also wanted to know more details about the shark attack.
ReplyDeleteClarissa Lawen
Soul Surfer
Bethany Hamilton
I chose to read the book the Pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardner. I picked this book because it was a major motion picture and it was very inspirational and touching. The book follows Chris Gardner which he talks about his childhood and how he became a successful stockbroker to going back to the streets. He writes all about the hardships that he had to go through when he was a child. He then writes about how he came from being a successful stockbroker to being homeless on the streets with his son. I also wanted to read this book because I think that it would be humbling to read that it doesn’t matter where you came from, what really matters is where you are going.
ReplyDeleteLydia Flint
The Pursuit of Happyness
I have chosen to read Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff. I have chosen to read this book because of the interesting and true story. This story happened in WW2 24 American soilders went on a sightseeing fight over the valley of Shangri-La in New Guinea. The airplane crashed and only three Amercian soilders survived. The story is about their journey to rescue with vicious natives and Japanese soilders all around.
ReplyDeleteKeep an eye on your word count!
DeleteI am reading if you could hear what I see by Kathy Buckley. I am reading this book because it was recommended by a family member and it sounded good. The narrator of the story is Kathy who is also what the story is about. The book is about how even through the hardships in life she has been through she has still found out a way to find the joy and laughter in it. When Kathy was a child she was sexually abused by her babysitter and it scared her for life, then as a teenager/early adult she was lying on the beach enjoying the day and a life guard was patrolling the beach with his jeep and was not paying attention to the ground and ran over Kathy, didn't notice, and kept driving. then a few years later she was diagnosed with cancer, this all happened before she turned thirty.
ReplyDeleteJarhead
ReplyDeleteAnthony Swofford
The book I have chosen to read is Jarhead by Anthony Swofford. I choose this book mainly because I am really fascinated by the war and we had to read a non-fiction book. I read some of this book and it seemed really interesting to me. It is weird though because my name is Jared and this is called Jarhead. I find that amusing. I really am looking forward to what happens in the book late on. It is about U.S. Marines or Jarheads, were sent out to Saudi Arabia in 1990 for the Gulf War. Anthony Swofford was there. He lived in the sand for six months. He was punished by boredom and fear, he considered suicide. He pulled a gun on a fellow marine, and was targeted both by enemy and friendly fire. As an engagement with the Iraqis drew near, he was forced to consider what it means to be a American, a soldier, the son of a soldier, and a man.
I picked the book Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton. The reason I picked this book because it is a good true story (non-fiction). Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton. The first chapter is on Halloween Morning in Hawaii. They live in Hawaii. Bethany Hamilton has a mom named, Cheri, a dad named, Tom, two brothers named Noah and Timmy. I like that she has a family that loves and supports her. Her mom Cheri and dad Tom were very good surfers. Her mom when she was Bethany’s age at 7 is when she started surfing too. I like that mostly everybody in her family including her mom like to go surfing. Her dad has to get knee surgery today. I like that they live in Hawaii because it is hot and beautiful there. So this is chapter one of Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton.
ReplyDeleteI am reading inside delta force by Eric Haney. I chose this book because I thought it would be interesting because I can see what it is like to be in a military special forces team. This book is about Eric Haney's experience being transferred from his Rangers team to a new special anti terrorism team. It also explains the tough courses that he had to go through just to be accepted into it. Also in the introduction it explains what was done to found it and why. It was founded after the Vietnam war when the U.S. Was tired of fighting and was not willing to constantly fight off terrorists. So one guy had the idea of an elite task force to fight terrorism.
ReplyDeleteI have chosen The Guinea Pig DIARIES by A.J. Jacobs. I actually got the book from my brother and he said that I would enjoy it because it s a biography of the ather and he tacks his life like a experiment and tests the susile compactly of the advirg human in that specific sanareow. It interests me because in the first chapter he posies as a beautiful women looking for a guy on the internet and sees what women go throw in that sanareow of their life. This concludes my blog.
ReplyDeleteJust a tad short!
DeleteMy blog book for quarter 4 is how good is good enough? By Andy Stanley. I hose this book because it’s about Christianity and what it takes to get to heaven. It says that good people go to heaven…. right? So it talks about what it takes to get to heaven and how you get there. It goes into pretty deep detail and thought about it and uses scientific studies. It is written 1st first person talking about what he thinks and what studies and such say. It also talks about different religions and how they go to heaven. This is what my blog foe quarter 4 is about. Hope you enjoy.
ReplyDeleteIn to the woods
ReplyDeleteBy bill Bryson
The book I choose was In To The Woods and the reason why I picked that book is because I thought it would be cool. I also thought it would be cool because it’s about the Appellation Mountains. The book is basically about hiking the appellation trail and I thought it would be interesting to read. The reason why I choose the book is because it was one of the books that interested me.in to the Woods also is about bears and how they are dangers and can kill you. That is also the reason why I picked the book.
Salutations, Ms. Watson.
ReplyDeleteThe book I have chosen to read in this final quarter is French Women Don't Get Fat by Mirelle Guiliano. I have decided to finish this year with a bang (this book), because I was first drawn to this book just by the title. I can support this thesis (the title) because when I was living in France, I really did notice that all the French women were very tiny and petite. I suppose this book interests me because I want to find out the secrets on how they are all so skinny! It is so strange when you do see an average-American-sized French woman because you are so used to them all being about 5'2 and 105 pounds! This book is basically about the French diet and lifestyle and what the French women do that the Americans don't to maintain their petite figure. This book also include recipies which I am very excited about!! I know that you said you really enjoy cooking so i reccommend you read this book as well because all the recipies sound delicious!!! I am excited to continue reading this book and find out exactly why they do not get fat!
-Sophie Finnell
I am currently reading the book I AM A SEAL TEAM SIX WARRIOR by Howard E. Wasdin and Stephen Templin. I chose this book because I really enjoy fighting and suspense. When I saw the cover and read the back I thought for sure this was going to be my next favorite book. A brief synopsis of this story would be at a camp they send out elite seals to fight and try to kill Osama bin laden. Also I learned that the word SEAL stands for SEal, SEa, air, land. I thought that was pretty cool. I do not want to spoil to much so I will jump right in and see what it has for me!
ReplyDeleteI have started ready Conversations with Major Dick Winters. The reason I picked it is because I am very interested in WWII stuff. I wanted to ready something that I was interested in. It is about a former soldier and that interviewed something that was in the WWII. And asks him what was the war like. Talks about former conversations are based on the memory of mutual friends who shared their recollections with him to provide the reader with a fuller understanding of Major Winters. It talks about the first day of combat to the last day for Winters. And what they all went through.
ReplyDeleteThis quarter the book I am reading is Si-Cology 101 by Si Robertson from Duck Dynasty. The reason why I chose to read this book was because I wanted to know more about Si. I have been watching Duck Dynasty for a long time and Si has always been my favorite character. The book is an autobiography about Si’s life and childhood. In the first few chapters, the focus is on his early childhood years in rural Louisiana. I am also looking forward to reading about Si’s time in Vietnam during the Vietnam war and how his experience was. I also want to learn more about the family members that we don’t see on the show and I am really glad I chose this book.
ReplyDeleteI am reading another book from the I Survived series. This book is about the attacks of September 11, 2001. It's kid of funny that the prompt says: "Go out with a bang" because the first chapter talks about the first plane hitting the building. This book interested me because I really like the other book about the shark attacks and I wanted to learn more about 9/11, so this book was perfect. The whole book is about this teen named Lucas and it's all about his perspective of 9/11. I thought it would be interesting to read a whole book about someone else's story of the attacks and the planes crashing into the Twin Towers.
ReplyDeleteI am reading “Sometimes You Win Sometimes You Learn” by John C. Maxwell. My actually picked this book and she told me to just read the first paragraph of the introduction and I ended reading the entire introduction because it really caught my attention. This book is about teens and the ups and downs that we may have in our life and this book is giving advice on how you can learn from the experience and not let it bring you down. Simply just look forward and learn from it. I finished the first chapter and it was basically about when you’re losing it can feel like everything hurts and that is true. You ever felt like that? This chapter says we need to expect the mistakes, failures, and losses in life but at the same time don’t allow those bad things to build up.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Navy seal dogs by Mike Ritland. This book is basically giving you the inside on how the navy seals train and use their elite K-9 warrior (dogs) and also the extreme missions they go on to save peoples lives. This book really interest me because, one I really like dogs a lot, two its kind of interesting to see how the navy trains their dogs. Not only that they use German shepherds which is one of my most favorite types of breeds. It also gives us a little background on Mike Ritland as a kid and why he spend so much time with dogs.
ReplyDeleteFlags of Our Fathers
ReplyDeleteBy: Bradley Czajka
I chose Flags of Our Fathers because it involves an inspirational event that occurred during World War 2 involving the heroes that were created at the battle of Iwo Jima. This book is written by James Bradley, the son of one of the men that raised the American Flag. The father’s name was John Henry Bradley. As I read this book, the author explains more and more. It is as if I am on a journey with the author to find more about the six brave men. The battle claimed 25,851 US casualties, including nearly 7,000 dead. Most of the 22,000 defenders fought to their deaths. The group of six flag raisers consisted of: a mill worker from New England, a Kentucky tobacco farmer, a Pennsylvania coal miner’s son, a Texan from the oil fields, a boy from Wisconsin’s dairy land, and an Indian living on an Arizona reservation can achieve something great.
I am reading Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup. I decided to read this book because I thought that it had sounded interesting and it is based off of a true story so it was my first pick for the blog. It is about a free black man that was wondering down a street in the year of 1853 and there were some white owners that had a run-away and found this man and even though he had his papers they still arrested him and beat him and brought him into slavery.I truly believe that this will be the most interesting book that I have ever read.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Onward we Charge by H. Paul Jeffers. I wanted to read something for quarter 4 about world war 2. The librarian recommended this book to me. I also thought the book was good. I didn't want to read a boring book about 1 guy that had one great feat. This book talks about a major Officer in WW2. This interest me because I like to learn about World war 2 battles and history about world war 2. My grandfather also fought in World war 2. I love the book so far and I cant wait to keep reading this book.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Michael Jackson: The Book The Media Doesn't Want You To Read by Shawn Henning. I chose to read this book for several reasons. One reason is due to the fact that I enjoy Michael Jackson's music and I think he has a great voice. Another reason why I chose this book is because I am intrigued by the title and I wonder what it means. The final reason is because I love learning about artists and how their life came to be how it was. I dream of someday being like those people and performing music for millions of fans. I feel that this will help me to achieve that by knowing how others did that. I cannot wait to start reading this book and hope it will fulfill me with knowledge I want to know about Michael Jackson.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Go Ask Alice, and the author is anonymous. I chose to read this book because my mom read it when she was younger. She told me that it really showed her the consequences of bad decisions. This book is from the diary of a fifteen year old girl, who you don't know the name of, and how she lived with drugs and how those decisions effected her. So far I am a half year into the book, there are dates not chapters, and I've seen how she got into drugs. Its really hard to read this book because every time she does something terribly stupid, you can't help but scream. I am enjoying this book so far and I hope the girl cleans up her act.
ReplyDeleteI am reading slave the true story of Mende Nazer. She was helped by Damien Lewis to write the story. I chose to read this book because ever since the seventh grade when I did a project I have been interested in how slavery is still going on in modern times. I find topics like this to be very informing and interesting. This book is about a young lady named Mende Nazer. She lived in the Nuba village in Africa. The village she lived in was very nice and welcoming to all villages around. They shared food and cattle. Everyone was pretty nice in the Nuba village. Although the Arabs never really took the time to be nice to the people around there. One sad night in 1993 Arab soldiers came through he Nuba village killing innocent civilians and setting huts to fire. They then took thirty-one young children, including Mende who was twelve, to be come Arab slaves. The book is very good, but it's also very sad.
ReplyDeleteI am reading The Life, Art, and Music of Daniel Johnston by Tarassa Yazandi and Don Goede. It is about, as one can guess, Daniel Johnston, who started out drawing comics in his teens, later to record his own albums on cheap cassette tapes in the 80s, and becoming so famous that he ended up on MTV. However, he was diagnosed with manic depression, and soon started believing that many people he knew were under the control of the Devil. This sporadic behavior kept him from ever going really far in terms of success. I found this interesting because it was really cool to see someone who started from the bottom and almost made it to the top, only to go back down the ladder.
ReplyDeleteFor this quarter I have decided to read the Art of War by Sun Tzu. I have decided to read to read this book because I wanted to read something new that I have never read before. This book is different than any other book that I have ever read. I am excited to start reading this book.
ReplyDeleteThis is about half as long as it should be, Marc!
DeleteWith the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa
ReplyDeleteE. B. Sledge
Matthew Fowler
3/13/15
The book I have chosen is called “With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa” by E. B. Sledge. The book is the author’s memoir from World War II and it talks about his beginnings as a soldier and everything leading up to the ending of his career in the Pacific Theater of War. The reason for me choosing to read this book is because I have just recently finished watching the mini-series called “The Pacific” which had multiple soldiers view points and experience through the war in the Pacific as marines and Sledge was on of them. I was going to originally going to pick a different memoir from the same series, but I found my self favoring this one over that one.
I am starting to read a book called Million Dollar Arm by J.B. Bernstein. After watching little bit of the movie, and me knowing that it was based on a true story, I thought that it'd be perfect for me to read the novel that had inspired the movie to come out. It stars J.B. as himself who sponsors baseball players. Since his job isn't going so well, he decides to start the Million Dollar Arm, where he flies to India to teach two boys, Dinesh and Rinku how to play baseball. The only problem with that was that they only had a year and neither boy had even touched a baseball in their lives before. I feel like by reading this book I can make a connection between the movie and the book and get a better understanding of it as well.
ReplyDeleteThe book I am reading for my fourth quarter novel project is "Mr. Capone: The Real and Complete Story of Al Capone" by Robert J. Schoenburg. I chose this book because i am very interested in Al Capone and what he did . Anything that has to do with mafia type activities is extremely intriguing. The book basically explains the life of Al Capone and what he did in New York with the Mafia. The beginning of the book tells the start of the infamous mafia leader Al Capone. It says that his real name was Gabriel Capone and that he moved to Brooklyn, New York.
ReplyDeleteI have started to read the book "Stephen King - A Biography" by Albert Rolls. The reason I chose to read this book was because the last two books I read for my quarterly novel projects were books written by Stephen King. Pretty much the thought that went through my head was: Dang, this guy must have a goofy past to make him come up with all these dark ideas. So I in order to find out what has happened in his life, what better then to read a biography? This was the perfect opportunity because I was going to read this book anyway, and since the QNP for the fourth quarter was a non fiction book, this was just perfect.
ReplyDeleteThis week i read chapter one of the book American Sniper by Chris Kyle. This book is about a sniper that has the most confirmed kills in the entire United States military. A few years after he got home he was murdered at a shooting range. In this chapter he talks about one of his missions and i like how the book just jumps right in and you dont have to read a bunch of boring stuff to get to the good stuff. I think that if the book keeps going like this with interesting stories i will really like it.
ReplyDeleteHey, Ms. Watson! The book that I chose for the fourth quarter is a book about the history of Kris Kyle called the American Sniper by Jim DeFelice and Scott McEwen. I chose to read this book because I like to learn about the people that served our country and I want to learn more about Navy Seals and what they do because my brother is going to have trials to be in the navy in May. The book is about Kris Kyle and his legacy of being an American hero. It talks about is life from 1999 to 2009 when he was in the Navy and how he had the most sniper kills in the United States. This book interests me because it is about a heroic person and his death was recent. I enjoy reading about him. Have a nice night! (143 words)
ReplyDeleteI'm reading Helen Keller by Leslie Garrett I chose this book because it interested me. And I also chose the book because I just wanted to learn about Helen and her story and the obstacles she had to over come. The book interested me the most
ReplyDeletebecause I heard that she had to over come a lot in her life and it just seemed like an interesting story to read to me.I have a feeling that this book is going to be a great book to read and a great way too learn about some body.
I am currently reading Devil in the Details: Scenes from an Obsessive Girlhood by Jennifer Traig . This book is about a girl growing up in the 1970s with severe OCD. In the first chapter of this book, Jennifer is explaining her illness, but she does it with a comical spin. She brings humor to a difficult time in her life. I am reading this book because I find mental illness an interesting topic. Also, this book is very interesting because due to its time period, there has been little study on the illness of OCD, unlike today where there is a diagnosis. Everyone thinks Jennifer is crazy because OCD wasn’t heard of like it is today. In conclusion I can’t wait to read more of this book.
ReplyDeleteI am reading The Story: Teen Edition by ZonderKidz. This book is the story of the Bible told like a narrative story. Which means chapters and not verses which makes it lot easier to read and understand. I chose this book because the Bible is an important part of my life. Christianity means a lot to me and I think it will be easier to know more about my religion if I can really understand the words and what they mean. I also really wanted to see how they would put the Bible into chapters because I've been confused about what I was reading at Church before and with the Bible in chapters, it's not confusing to me.
ReplyDeleteI have chosen the book Freakomonics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner. I chose this book because a friend recommended it to me and I thought it would be something different and interesting. My book is currently about Economics. Not as boring as it seems though. it correlates two factors that could be affecting each other and uses evidence to give support why something is true or could be happening. It gives a realistic view of the world through economics. This interests me because I like to focus on whats happening throughout the world and not only the good. So far it doesn’t seem biased which I hope continues but hopefully I will learn valuable information throughout my book.
ReplyDeleteFrom Baghdad, With Love
ReplyDeleteLtCol Jay Kopelman
I chose to read From Baghdad, With Love. I have started reading this book and it seems very interesting. I am fascinated with the Military and dogs. I think reading books about the military can be helpful to understand what it is like to be out in the real world. It is sometimes hard but in the end it can be easy. This book is about marines who are in a building in the middle of war. They hear clicking and snuffles. They didn't through a grenade in the room when they first came but they should of. They am there guns at the thing that is coming there way and they see and cute little dog walking towards them looking super happy. They take the dog with them and use him for the rest of his life in the military. This book will be interesting.
I am reading the book "Killing Patton" by Bill O'Reilly. I chose to read this book because my father previously read it and really enjoyed it. The book "Killing Patton" is based off of a true story. The book is basically on the last war of World War ll and the killing of George Patton. The killing of George Patton may or may not have been an accident. The book is bloody and full of death. This book has me on the edge of my seat every time I pick it up to read it. I can't wait to read the whole book and find out the end.
ReplyDeleteFor the fourth quarter I chose the book Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. This book is about a track star who got drafted into the military and is assigned a plane they called the flying coffin he goes down becomes a prisoner of war and then lived and met the person who trapped him. I am really looking forward to reading this book. My dad says it is one of his favorite and it's really good. In conclusion I am really looking forward to reading this book and seeing what happens in his life. I wonder what will end up happening to him.
ReplyDeleteUnbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
ReplyDeleteHi it's Steven and I am reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. This book is about a World War Two solders life were he is a track star for his school and he ends up playing in the Olympics. Then he goes to war and his plain crashes and he gets picked up by the Japanese and gets put in a prison war camp.
This book interest me because it has killing, surviving and will power. The fact that the whole story is a true story . The book shows how to stay strong when all hoe is lost .
“Stalkers and Shooters”- Kevin Dockery
ReplyDeleteI have started reading Stalkers and Shooters it is about the history of weapons and warfare. I originally decided to read “American Sniper,” but it was not available to me and I only had a day to get a book so I got stuck with S. & S., but it’s a good book and I like it still. The first chapter was very informative, before I never knew where the term sniper came from, but with the book I learned. You would be surprised how much you can learn from military book. The term sniper actually originated when there were hunters that hunted snipes.
This quarter I am reading "Marley And Me" by: John Grogan
ReplyDeleteThis book is about a couple that get a new dog named Marley. Marley is a very crazy dog and always gets into trouble. When the owners leave the house he destroys everything, but they still love him. They take Marley everywhere and try to do fun stuff with him even though he gets into everything. I choose this book because I saw the movie and really liked it. It has a lot of meaning to it about a family and there dog. It's sweet but it is a very sad book also.
Million dollar arm
ReplyDeleteBy: J.B. Bernstein
My book is about a men who is a sports agent. Who is on the verge of being fired unless he gets a new client or some type of big publicity stunt. So he comes with the idea of finding the first major league baseball players from India. Which is called the Million dollar arm. J.B. Bernstein and a couple of colleague's to go to the smallest parts of India looking for some what good baseball pitchers but many people in India doesn't know how to play baseball, so their looking for cricket players and changing their pitching motions into baseball pitching motions. These kids they found in little tiny towns in India where people where living on the streets with their whole families. Do this should be an amazing novel and adventure to read.
CJ Moore
4B
For this last quarter, I am studying a book called An Enemy Called Average by John L. Mason. First and foremost I am a practical true Christian who wants to stand out and not blend in. My book teaches and describes ways of wisdom, and righteousness. Considering this book and my religion I found out that The Sovereign Almighty gives us many chances to make the right choice to allow Him to elevate anyone that takes Him seriously from the bottom to the top in other words from worse to way better. I truly believe that what ever you ask The Lord kindheartedly and consistently He'll certainly answer you but everyone has to understand that he answers in His Own time.
ReplyDeleteThe book I have chosen to read is the book The cave the cabin and the tattoo man by Tim Callahan. This book series takes place in Kentucky when the author was a little boy and he tells stories about his unique experiences filled with action and adventures with his friends and also family issues and they all come together to affect the choices he made as a kid. He has to battle racist people and criminals that always seem to find Timmy. My grandmother actually introduced me to this book series and she actually knows the author personally and she recommended it to me and then I got really interested.
ReplyDeleteI'm reading Bring Me A Unicorn by Ann Marrow Lindbergh. I choose this book for two reasons, one because it really caught my eye. Two because I love learning about past love. The book is about Ann Marrow Lindbergh before she met Charles Lindbergh, the first person to fly solo across the Atlantic. It's also about meeting Lindbergh too. This book interest me because I loved learning about Charles Lindbergh, also because it would help to know more about him though someone else's perspective. I really love this book and I can't wait to read more.
ReplyDeleteGeorge Washington’s Secret Six by Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger: My book is a very unique story about the American Revolution. It takes place during the point of the American Revolution where George Washington is the Commander in Chief but it is thought that the Americans are going to lose. This is because of New York which the Americans are barely holding on to and won’t for much longer. Until George Washington comes up with the plan to create a secret ring of spies who will infiltrate the enemy and gather information for him. This book covers George Washington’s thoughts and words in a unique way.
ReplyDeleteIm reading Heaven Is For Real by Todd Burpo. I chose to read this book because most books that you read will talk about how heaven "isnt" real. So its good to get to read a book that talks about the other side of the story from a first hand experience. This book is about a little kid that got a fatal disease and his parents thought it was just the flu but they suspected it was worse so they took him to the doctors office and the kid had to have emergency surgery. But in the middle of the surgery the kid died and got taken to heaven. God basically took him on a tour (so to speak) of heaven. After the "tour" he came back to life. So the rest of the book it on his parents finding out and them telling the world. This book interest me because I like to hear about stuff like this. Were it is like a first hand experience of heaven.
ReplyDeleteThe book that I have chosen to read is Catch me if you can by: frank w. Abagnale. When I got it I did not know anything about it. I only got it because I heard of the movie. If someone told me that they were reading that book I would think about it ‘catch me if you can’ I would think that it’s about a man running. Although you may think that’s what it is about, it is not it is about a very smart con man that cashed over 2.5 billion dollars of forged checks. The fact that he is a con man made me want to read this book.
ReplyDeleteI am reading "Crossing the Borders of Time " by Leslie Maitland. I choose this book because I love love stories and the Holocaust. This book is about how a love was loss but after many years that love died but the main character tries to find it. I got interested in this book because I wanted to know how this love was and did they ever find each other. Also, I love the Holocaust poird because it was a interesting time poird.
ReplyDelete