Monday, April 27, 2015

Blog Due 5/1/2015

Your last blog will be due May 8 - that means you have 2 more blogs this year including this one. 

You should be done with your book by May 8!

Prompt: What questions would you ask the author if he/she came to Greenville AND predict how they might answer. 

1) Read a chunk of your book (about a chapter or so) - ten to twenty pages should do.
2) Put the book down and don't pick it back up until you have posted your blog.
3) THINK about the topic you will focus your blog on.
4) WRITE an organized paragraph with a topic sentence, body, and concluding sentence. Shoot for 6-10 sentences in length.

No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -10

59 comments:

  1. Currently I am reading The Conversations with Major Dick Winters written by Cole c. Kingseed. I would ask the author a lot of questions. I would how did the author persuade Dick Winters to give him all this information? I think he might respond to that question by saying that he felt that he needed to share this amazing story to other people. Another question I would ask is “what made you want to write a book about this? The author would respond by saying “I thought it would make a good story from a 1st person view of WWII”.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading Death in Yellowstone: Accidents and Foolhardiness in the First National Park by Lee H. Whittlesey. If he came to Greenville I would ask loads of questions. Some questions that I would ask are. What made you to look up the deaths of Yellowstone? Do you live in the state of Wyoming? Do you imagine the people that died in the spots of the park? How long did it take you to write the book? How many resources did you use in the book? That is all the questions that I would have ask to Lee H. Whittlesey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading a Night to Remember by Roy Ward Baker. If he came to my school I would ask him what made you make this book. Was it because you were inspired by something about the titanic? I think he would predict that he did it because he likes to know how the titanic sunk and what the people on board were affected about the titanic. And I predict that he would say because I like to see how ship safety and improvements have come on since the sinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Questions I would ask My Authour would be, how did you get all the information to write the book, and why did you chose to write the book about Unicorns? I would ask James Cross Giblin these questions becase he writes facts about things that happend over 1,000 years ago. I am also very curious about why he choses to write about Unicorns and not Dragons. I know I'm being a little stereotypical but im not quite sure why he would write about them. I think his answer for the first question would be from books and The Internet. The Answer to my second question would PROABLY be that his Daughter wanted to know more about it, or something like that.

    Sydni Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading Inside Delta Force by Eric Haney. If I was ever able to ask him questions, one thing I would ask is why did he leave the Delta Force. He might say that it was too demanding and asked a lot of him and he was tired of doing such demanding work constantly. Something else I might ask is that did he ever know what happened of the pow’s of Vietnam and why they never were able to rescue them. He might say that he never found out and he might say that they weren’t rescued because the government didn’t want people to know that they were left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. “Stalkers and Shooters”- Kevin Dockery
    If you haven’t figured out already the author of my book is Kevin Dockery, and I must say his book is great! Currently I have done a lot of reading to catch up with my book and I am now at the section of the civil war and how it talks about the tactics and technology each side had; this got me thinking about what the first weapon was. If Kevin Dockery himself came to Greenville, South Carolina I think I would ask him what the first projectile weapon is. I believe he would answer me the best he could and would say it was some sort of spear (probably not his exact words).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reading Reckless Faith by Beth Gukenberger. If Beth Gukenberger came to South Carolina, I would ask a lot of questions. I would want to know her exact methods of teaching the gospel and if people are stubborn minded in changing their ways. How many kids she has biological and through adoption. I would want to know how she was able to get money for her family and people in need. If she could/couldn’t provide necessities for the people of Mexico. The last and very important question is if she did like Mexico, the country by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Bahgdad, With Love
    Kopelman
    If the author of this book came to Greenville there would be many questions I would ask. For example, I would ask him what is the true purpose of why Lava was meant to be found in the book? I would also ask him in the end, what role does lava play on Sam that affects Sams life? Sam in the begging doesn't like Lava but yet there has been times where someone has walked into his room and seen him playing with Lava. He was passing a soccer ball or rolling around with him. The last question I would ask him would be. Does lava play the role of a marine animal or a dog?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am still reading The Pregnancy project by Gaby Rodriguez. The questions I would ask would be like why did you choose this project? Her answer would be the reason I chose this project is to see how people would treat me and also how they would act around me. Another question would be like how are doing with this project? She would answer um well it is definitely hard on me because of how people are treating me. The last question I would ask would be Are you enjoying this project? She would answer I wouldn’t say that I enjoy it but it an experience that I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am reading the book Jackie Robinson. I am on chapter 9 of the book. I would think I would ask the author the question, “How would you have handled the scenario differently than Jackie Robinson?” I think that he would probably handle the scenario differently. He would be kind of like him. His attitude could be not the same. I also would ask him how was it living back then from living now. I also think that it would be cool to talk to some won who got to meet Jackie Robinson. This is a question that I would ask him if I ever got to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A walk in the woods
    By: Bill Bryson
    If Bill Bryson came to Greenville I would ask him would he go hiking the application trail again with Katz. The reason why I would ask that is because in my book he says the first few days are terrible. I think he would say yes and I think he would say he wished to prepare better before he goes hiking. I think he would say that because in the first few chapter he said his back pack was very heavy and that he should of pack his backpack lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just got done with Lincoln's Grave Robbers by Steve Sheinkin. I'm starting to read Serial Killers by William Harmening. If William Harmening came to Greenville, I would ask him if he visited any well-known serial killers in prison to complete this book. He has very good information about serial killers. He talks about serial killers past. David Bertowitz and how he became a serial killer. Every serial killers past seems to have a breaking point. I hope this book gets better and better as I read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This quarter I am reading Si-cology 101 by Si Robertson from the TV show Duck Dynasty. If Si came to Greenville, the first thing I would ask him how fighting in Vietnam changed him. He talked about how when he arrived back from the war he felt like he had matured as a person and he appreciated what he had more. Especially since he had seen so much pain and suffering there. I would also ask him how all the publicity from the show had changed his personal life. I know that his wife chooses not to be on the show, but I would want to know the positives and negatives of life in the spotlight. (116 words)

    ReplyDelete
  14. George Washington’s Secret Six by Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger; If the authors of my book came to Greenville, I would ask them about how they got the information. The book was published very recently and I don’t think they could’ve have found all the necessary research by use of the Internet. The book directly quotes letters that were sent back and forth from the spies to General Washington. Those letters would have been written in a secret code so the British would be able to read them if the courier was intercepted. I would like to know the experience they had collecting the information.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am reading American Sniper by Chris Kyle. If Chris Kyle came here I would ask if he could teach me some things at the shooting range. He would probably say no. I would also ask how hard It is to get in the navy SEALs. he would talk about the training and the tests.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am reading "Michael Jackson: The Book The Media Doesn't Want You To Read" by Shawn Henning. I finished this book already but still have two more blogs to do. I think that if I were to meet Henning, I would ask them whether or not they enjoyed writing this book. I am sure they enjoyed it thoroughly. I also would ask what inspired them to write this book. I have no clue what they would tell me but I am sure they have a very valid reason for writing it. I enjoyed this book and hope there will be another book like this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am reading "I Survived the Attacks of September 11, 2001," by Lauren Tarshis. If Lauren Tarshis were to come to Greenville, I would ask her how she knows so much about these "I survived" stories. She would probably say that she researched on them and wrote a book about that horrific event, but wrote the books in a third person point of view. I would also ask her if she was ever in a horrific "I survived" event, and if so, then which book it was. She would probably just answer "yes" or "no," and if "yes," then what book it was. I think it would be quite amazing to see the author of my book in person.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My question would have to be why did you do your book on social experimenting? He would probably say that he did it because he is a scientist and a comedian so he make himself popular by going out to pleases and toying with people to make them laugh and to see how people will react in a situation like that and I am a scientist so I love to do experiments in the first please and I do them on myself to so I can see if I can get the same effects of the experiments that I do.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The book that I am reading is called Soul Surfer. This book is by Bethany Hamilton. If Bethany came to Greenville, there would be 3 questions that I would ask her. Those include, was there any pain when the shark bit you, did you scream or make any noise when the shark bit you, and was life harder when you first lost your arm compared to now? Was there any pain when the shark bit you? I think that Bethany would say that she didn’t feel anything accept for a little tug because her body was in shock. Did you scream when the shark bit you? I think she would say that her body was in so much shock she couldn’t even think about screaming. Was life harder for you when your arm was first bitten off compared to now? I think that she would say that it was definitely harder right after the shark attack, but it got easier.

    Clarissa Lawen
    Soul Surfer
    Bethany Hamilton

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am still reading The Pregnancy Project by Gabby Rodriguez. If Gabby, the author, would come to Greenville the questions I would ask would mostly be how she managed to keep this from her really close friends. How she kept this from her boyfriends parents and how she kept it from her brother. Gabby's brother was already had a bad feeling about her boyfriend being a bad guy and when he found out that she was "pregnant" he hated him even more. I would also ask how she went through life as a teenager being one of the rejected ones because of her appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am reading Go Ask Alice, the author is annonymus. If the author did, however, come to Greenville I probably would ask them who they are. Mostly because we don't know who the are. I would also ask how they got through their drug problem and how it effected their life. She might say that it effected her ammensly and change her. This book takes place in the 60s or 70s, so I would ask how the world now and the type of situations people are faceing with drugs is different or the same. She might answer with, it is different in this time because there are more types of drugs and different ways to get them, but there are organizations to help with addicts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. (I pressed publish on accident. Here is the rest of my response)
    I think that Gabby would answer to my questions with a string and confident answer. She would probably say something like, "It was a difficult time for me, but i knew i could push through it and it would all turn out to be the way it was before. I got a good feeling when it all ended knowing I wasn't that kind of person. I would feel horrible for my friend how i lead her on in a way, but it all ended well. Being a teen and being pregnant is a difficult tije, but i knew that and thats why I took on the challenge."

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am currently reading "90 Minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper. I have so many questions I would like to ask him about Heaven. I would ask him "Did you think about your family while you were in Heaven?" I think that he would say "Yes, I thought about my family but not in a sad way because nobody is sad in Heaven." I would also ask him "Did you know everybody who greeted you at the gates of Heaven?" I think that he would say "No. I did not know everybody but they all knew me." The reason I think this is because I know that when you go to Heaven, there are people who have prayed for you and helped you waiting on you at the gates. I would ask Don "Were the streets actually gold?" I think he would say yes because it says in the bible that the streets of Heaven are made of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am reading The Story by Zondervan. I chose a character, instead, which was Moses. I would ask Moses, how did you know you could trust God? Did you feel bad for the Egyptians? and were you afraid to lead the Israelis out of Egypt? If I asked him how he knew he could trust God, he would probably say because he hadn't let him down before. Moses performed multiple miracles for the pharaoh of Egypt, and God pulled through for them, and he also brought the seven years famine he said he would. So he had no reason not to trust him. Next I would ask if he felt bad for the Egyptians. The Egyptians suffered from seven years of a terrible famine, leaving them low on food and water and had natural disasters. Moses would probably say that he did feel bad for them, because he only wanted to set his people free, but he did not want them to keep suffering as they were. Finally, I would ask Moses if he was scared to become the leader for the people of Israel. He would probably say no because, like I said, God had never let him down before, and he believed God would help him lead the people out of Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am reading Unbroken, written by Laura Hillenbrand. If Laura Hillenbrand came to Greenville, South Carolina, I would have many questions to ask her. First, I would ask if her disease hindered her from writing her story. Then, I would ask how did her interest in Louie Zamperini's story began. Lastly, I would ask her how it feels to write such a powerful story. I imagine she would answer the first question that her disease of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome slowed her process down, but did not stop her. For the second question I think she would tell me it started during her writing of Sea Biscuit. To the third question, I believe she would respond in a humble way because this is not her first popular book.

    ReplyDelete
  26. “Sometimes You Win Sometimes You Learn” by John C. Maxwell.
    If John Maxwell came to Greenville and I had the opportunity to ask him some questions I would ask him “what inspired you to write a book like this for teens?” and honestly I wouldn’t know how he would respond. I don’t know much about the author, but I know he likes to help teens understand and learn from their mistakes. I know that much. This chapter is about “Hope: The Motivation of Learning” and its basically about if you have lost something to not give up. Use that lost that you had to make you stronger. It gives an example about the surfer Bethany Hamilton, the girl who got attacked by a shark and she thought that was it for her. Her career is over… but one day Bethany started thinking about surfing again because she refused to abandon her dream. She told herself “You can do it” You just have to believe in yourself that you can come back even stronger. Don’t give up.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am currently reading Devil in the Details: Scenes of an Obsessive Girlhood by Jennifer Traig. If the author came to Greenville, I would have many questions to ask her. I would ask her what the hardest part of having OCD was. She would probably say that the hardest part was growing up in a house that loosely followed their religion because one of her obsessions was religion. Another question I would ask her is if she still has any symptoms of OCD. I wonder this because I learned in my research for my paper that OCD is usually a life long illness. I think that she would probably say that she has symptoms every now and then, but they don’t interfere with her life like they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Greetings Ms. Watson,
    The book I have read this week is once again, French Women Don't Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano. If she were to come to Gvegas anytime soon I would definitely love to interview her! I have lots of questions in mind that I could ask her. For example, I would love to know what her first impression of American cooking was like. I would also like to know just how much weight she gained while she was living in America. I believe to the first question she would answer that she thought it was so good and fried and unhealthy (because that is probably how she gained so much weight), and to the second question, I can't imagine that she could have gained any more than about 40 pounds (which is a LOT)! Some other questions I have are; if she hadn't of came back to France, would she not have stopped gaining weight? She probably would have eventually started to eat healthier but would not have been as motivated to if it weren't for her going back to France. Is she happier in France? I believe that she is happier in France because that is her home. Does she prefer French or American food more? Probably French food but I'm sure she craves American food. What captivated her about the American food? Most likely all of the new stuff that she had never tried before! How long was she in America exactly? I have no idea what she would answer this question. Would she ever go back to live in America? I'm sure she would for a vacation! What other things did living in America introduce her to? Probably some new music or a different style of clothing. I hope you enjoyed this "interview"! Have a nice weekend!
    Sophie Finnell

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am currently reading I AM A SEAL TEAM SIX WARRIOR by Howard E. Wasdin and Stephen Templin. A question I would ask my authors would be probably how was the training? "The training was hard and it was very intense we had to work almost day and night to train". Another question is what did you feel whenever you had to kill someone? "Well it was frightening but I had to do what was best for our country". One more question I would like to ask Howard E. Wasdin, how did you feel when you accomplished your goal of being a seal team six warrior? "It was very hard but I made it and I am very proud of myself for sticking to it".

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am reading Life is So Good by George Dawson and Richard Glaubman. If George Dawson came to Greenville, I would ask many questions. One of them is “How long did it take for you to actually know how to read officially?” I know that he new how to read at age 98, but that does not say how long he has been trying or anything. Another one is “Did you still liked your life back then when war was going on or how was your life back then? His life was probably hard and horrible, but he tries his best to get through it. I would probably ask many more questions, but I do not know right now though.
    Anastasia Ehlers

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am currently reading Million Dollar Arm by J.B. Bernstein. There are many questions I would ask Bernstein if he came to Greenville, such as if he ever imagined doing what he did as a child, or what he was thinking in the moment he decided to go on his journey to India. I would also ask about Rinku and Dinesh, and how it was for them to be that far away from home and how their life has changed during the book. I honestly don’t know what J.B. would say, but I hope that he would talk about details that weren’t in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm reading playing unicorn by and Marlon bug. And could come to Greenville I would ask her several questions about her life after her son's kidnapping. For instance, ceasing did you think of the time that the man accused of kidnapping and killing you son did you think he was a real person who did it? I honestly don't know what she would say in return, I believe that she was too broken up over the loss of her son to try and think about who took him and killed him in the moment after, though, she probably thought about it a lot. Another question I would ask her is of her and Charles Lindbergh ever took their kids when they went on a tour around the world? I don't know the answer for sure but I would think that maybe during summer break she would have taken them with her and her husband.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am reading The Life, Art, and Music of Daniel Johnston by Don Goede and Tarissa Yazandi. If the authors came to Greenville, I would ask them the following questions. I would ask, "Why did you decide to make this book?", and I believe they would answer that "there's never been a book about Daniel Johnston until now". I would also ask them, "What interests you so much about Daniel?", and I believe that their answer would be "Because he's the classic rags to riches story, except right before he hit riches, he messed up and went back to rags."

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am still reading lost in Shangri-la by Mitchell Zuckoff I am currently in chapter 15. If the author of the book I am reading came to Greenville I would ask him what his motivation was for writing the book and he would most likely answer by saying that he saw this story and noticed that people didn't know too much about it and decided to write about it. I would also ask him how he found all the people to interview and how he got their pictures and he would probably answer by telling me he contacted them by looking through military transcripts or something to that extent.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The questions I will ask Sara T. Bernstein (author of the Seamstress) is how she escaped the concentration camp and how she felt when the Iron Guard (a Nazi) slapped her in the face and called her “Jew swine”. I will ask her what her life was like when it was the Holocaust. I could ask her about her school years and her relationship with her family. I will ask Sara about her likes and dislikes. I will ask about her love life and if she has friends. I will also ask her this, “If there was no Holocaust, which job is the job of your dreams?” (107 words)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am reading the book Killing Patton by George O'Reilly. If George O'Reilly were to come to the Greenville, South Carolina the first question I would ask him would be, why did you write the book Killing Patton? Did the topic really interest you or were you set on making people really think about what happened? If so was it to try to make them gather their own theories? In believe George O'Reilly would be able to answer these questions in a heartbeat. My reason being is that the author was very knowledgable about the subject and presented the facts in a very exciting/interesting way. Of course showing that the author had to show some interest in the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Title of my book: Hidden like Anne Frank
    Author: Marcel Prins and Peter Henk Steenhuis
    If I had to ask the authors of my book any question related to the book. One would be "what inspired you to write the book?". They might answer " what inspired me to write the book was that Manu people who survived the holocaust their story's never became famous or really know well from the public." My second question would be "Was it hard to find any survivors that would willingly talk about their story's?" Their answer could be "yes, it was really hard to find anyone who was willingly open to share their story to the public." My last question I would ask them would be "Where there any challenges that you came across while writing that ever made you think that you wanted to quit?" They could answer "yes, when trying to find survivors who were willing to share their story's and experience and also getting enough information to write their story." Those would be the questions I would ask the authors of y book if they ever came to Greenville.(191)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I Drew a Monkey In a Math Book and Now I'm Married
    Jon K. Davis


    If Jon K Davis , the author of my current nonfiction novel, were to come to Greenville I'm not exactly sure what I would ask . I'd probably ask about his output on things and ask multiple questions about his wife, Jennie . Recently I learned that he got married at the age of eighteen so, i would ask did he ever see himself getting married at such a young age . He may have talked about that in the novel but I haven't come across it . I may even ask about why he decided to serve for our country and how he started writing about his journey of finding love. As for his responses , they can vary . I don't feel I'm far enough into the book to actually know how he would answer . However, I do know he is a pretty funny guy and is so intelligent . Maybe one day I will have the chance to interview Jon .

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am still reading "Crossing the Borders of Time" by Leslie Mainland. There are many questions I would ask Leslie. First question would be, did u do all of this for your mom or did you do it because you really wanted to know? Also, was this a difficult experience or did you enjoyed it? What did you expect to find in this journey? Also, where did you start? I believe that Leslie would answer with honesty and intelligentce. Also with experience.

    ReplyDelete
  40. With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa
    Eugene Sledge
    Matthew Fowler
    05/01/15

    The questions I would ask the author include: What was your motivation to participate in World War II as a marine? Would you say that the people you met through the war worth getting to know even though they could die the next day? Do you have any regrets of participating in the war? I imagine the author would say that he felt that it was his duty as a U.S. Citizen to participate in the war since everyone else was. Secondly, I think the author would agree that it was worth getting to know his comrades since they helped each other through the hardships. Lastly, I would think the author wouldn’t had any regrets since he chose to do it, even though he was warned of the possible consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am reading The Blind Side by: Michael Lewis ( movie edition).
    I would ask him like tons of questions. For this blog we have to give a response to for what he might say some of the questions I wouldn't be to sure about. Let's give it a shot.
    Q: How was life before you made something of yourself?
    A: Well it wasn't the best. I was really living day by day.
    Q:Who has made the hugest impact on your life?
    A: The Oher family. They picked me up when I was at my lowest. The help me become who I am today. I thank God every day for letting them run into me.
    Q: Why is football your favorite sport?
    A: Every since I was little it just captured my eye.

    (Some unanswered questions I wouldn't know how he would respond.)
    Q's: Is there anything you do to give back to the community? How many countries has your story reached ? The funniest moment in the Oher family house? How did it feel when they told you they wanted to make your book into a movie? Can you describe the feeling when the Oher's wanted to adopt you ?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Who is Jackie Robinson by Tanya Tuner - If the author was here in Greenville then I would ask why did you choose to write a biography on Jackie Robinson. I would also ask what fascinated you about him and what inspired you to write about him. I would want to know if he inspired the author to try or excell at any sports or in other areas in her life. Did learning Jackie's story make her life better or make her a better persom?I would ask if she could relate to any of the things that happened in Jackie's life. She would probably say something like I was just fascinated by how strong he was. It was amazing how he would just put up with the way people treated him. He was always humble and respectful and he never complained. She may even say she watched the movie 42 and wanted to learn about how much of the movie was true to life. People of all ages and races will always remember how brave he was .

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am still reading A Chance in the World by Steve Pemberton. A question I would ask Steve would probably be if he ever thought of ways of trying to get sneak out of the Robinson's house. I think he would say yes because that house was pretty terrible in all honesty. In this chapter he was in high school, sophomore year, and he was trying to participate in school activities but Betty would not let him. Since she wouldn't let him Steve called a man that was on his case (like adoption case and all) and he told him he wanted to leave the Robinson's house. It didn't work until like the third time he called him again but Betty was calling him crazy and called his supervisor. He got fired, which sucks. Steve had to lie from getting whipped by Willie, he lied about telling the supervisor he wanted to leave and said he did not say that. He didn't get whipped but he did lie which is bad.

    ReplyDelete
  44. This week I read chapter 7 of American Sniper by Chris Kyle. In this chapter he talks about when he and his partner went on a mission where they had to be silent and sneak around. If I could ask him anything I think the first thing I would ask him is if he enjoyed his time overseas. I know that there are a lot of bad parts and hard times but I would like to hear his opinion on it and ask him if he’d go back and fight ever again if he was still alive. I feel like he would say no because he would want to stay at home and take care of his family.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hello, Ms. Watson. The book I have been reading for the quarter is the American Sniper Memorial Edition by Kris Kyle, Jim DeFelice, and Scott McEwen. If the authors come to Greenville, except Kris Kyle because he is dead, I would ask them if Kris really killed 250 people and if he actually killed a child. I think they would say Kris actually killed 255 people, but they don’t keep any official or unofficial record of verified kills. I think they would tell me that he didn't actually kill a child. In the book he told about how he saw a kid who was sent to pick up a rocket launcher. Kris said, “I wasn't going to kill a kid, innocent or not. I’d have to wait until that savage who put the kid up to it showed himself on the street.” The book is really funny at times and sad most of the book. Overall, the book is amazing. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  46. If the author, Chuck Pfarrer of Seal Target Geronimo, came to Greenville I would be so excited because he has truly written a great book and I have never read anything like it. I would definitely ask him what it was like to be in the field and to work with all of his characters. I would definitely ask him if he was scared going after one of the world's most wanted criminals and if he thought that he was good enough to do it. I would hope to think that he is as confident as he describes himself in the book so he probably would say that he wasn't worried about anything. I also think he would say that it was great to bond and to grow as friends with his team members. The one question that I would have to ask is that if he had the chance would he do it again. Would he have it in him to go back and relive the moment and maybe even change the way it played out. Honestly I have no idea how he would possibly answer this.question he never decries what he thought about it he does however describe what it was like and how everything was done but he never tells us how he personally felt because he knew it wouldn't have mattered to his commanding officer. I wish he would come to greenville to see if my predictions were right and I would definitely take the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I have finished reading my novel for the quarter, Stephen King A Biography by Albert Rolls. Just a small little overall, I didn't like the book it was extremely boring in my opinion because I just really haven't read a non fiction book that I found interesting. If the author of the biography, Albert Rolls, came to Greenville I would ask them why did they decide to write a biography about Stephen King. I think Albert would say something along the lines of "because I look up to King, I'm a fan of his, and it was just something I was motivated to do"

    ReplyDelete
  48. Steven Pereira Garcia
    Unbroken By Laura Hillenbrand
    I would have allot of question for Laura Hillenbrad. I would love it if she came to Greenvile S.C. I would ask her what is the latest book you have made and what are you working on right now. She would probably tell me the book she finish writing and the book she is writing. I would all so ask how was it like interviewing Louie. She would respond by telling me. and I would also ask is every thing in the was accurate . I would ask were you relateed to luie in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  49. My book is War Horse by Michael Morpugo.
    Michael Morpugo is often asked whether or not he knew the person who the story is about. I would honestly ask him if he likes or hates war. I want to know this because if he wrote this story with a bias towards the war, then I might not want to know about how he likes war. I want to read this book about what others think of it in general. I feel like he would say that he doesn't have a bias, and he is simply telling the story of the Horse Rider.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. If Hillenbrand was coming to Greenville, I would ask her many questions about Louie and what he went through. One question I'd ask is if she left any parts of Louie's story out of the book, and I think that if she said yes, she would tell me a couple of the events she left out. Another question I'd ask is what Louie is like now that he is older. I think Hillenbrand would talk about how active he was before he passed away, like how he helped carry the Olympic torch in the 1998 Nagano Olympics, or how he traveled back to Berlin to see the old Olympic stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am currently readin Navy seal dogs by Mike Ritland. If Mike ever came to Greenville the first thing I would ask him is if he wasn't bullied when he was younger would he still of had developed the strong relationship he has with dogs now? I think Mike would say yes because, even before Mike was bullied he was always asking his parents for a dog over and over until he got bullied and they finally decided to say yes. Another question would be if you could go back in time and change one thing what would it be? I'm pretty sure Mike would say nothing because, everybody has to over come obstacles to get to a certain point that was my obstacle and look at what I've achieved from it. My last question would be what is your favorite type of do? I've got a good feeling Mike would say a German sheperd.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Argo by tony Mendez: what I would ask the author of Argo if he came too Greenville I would ask him how he tricked the Iranian people that they were just a film crew filming the events happening in Iran and how did he rescues the united states hostages from the Iranian rebels because I bet they were closely guarded by the rebels. and how I think he would answer is he would probably say that it was classified or something like that and how he rescued the hostages he would say that it took him months to plan the plot to rescue them.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hey, Ms. Watson. This is finally our last blog. My book that I have been reading for this past quarter was the American Sniper, the Memorial Edition, by Chris Kyle, Scott McEwen, and Jim DeFelice. I have really enjoyed the entire book because he is really funny. For example, when he was walking to the building that he had to report to training for BUD/S, also known as Basic Underwater Demolition/ SEAL, he said that he was about to live his dream and get his butt kicked in the process. The funny part about it was that he used another word for butt and I could hear his country accent while I am reading. However, he could be serious at time like when he trained as hard as he could and did his research on Navy SEALs because he was determined to become one. He couldn’t even sleep when he was at BUD/S training, which they give enough hours of sleep for them without the candidates dying from exhaustion. The sad part about this book was the memorial edition where his son and daughter wrote handwritten eulogies. There eulogies made me cry because it was very touching and how his daughter said that she would miss his heart. Taya Kyle, Chris’s wife, wrote a beautiful eulogy. A mixture of sadness, happiness, and determination made this book the best book I have ever read. I recommend anyone who is reading this to take my opinion about the book and by this book. Thank you for this wonderful year of English. Ms. Watson. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  54. If John L. Mason, the author of my book, An Enemy Called Average, met me in Greenville, SC I would like to interview him and ask him: Have you ever taken any risk in your life? Explain. NO I have never performed any type of stunts in my life but if your talking about making any difficult decisions; then yes for example picking between ideas when writing my books. How has trusting in the Lord affected you personally? Please describe? I will always have faith in the Lord no matter what because He has changed my life for the better. What is one of your favorite quotes from the bible and Why? Psalm 91. whoever goes to the Lord for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty can say to Him you are my Defender and Protector..In you I trust, He will keep you safe from all hidden dangers.What is the last thing(s) you would do in 24 hours if you knew you were to die the next day? Describe. I would gather my family and go do some fun activities and do devotions to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  55. If Solomon Northup came to Greenville, I would first apologize for what our country used to do and what had happened to him. Some of the questions I would ask would be like, what did your father do for work? because in the book it has every little detail about his life as a slave but does not include a lot about his life before a slave. I would also ask if had the opportunity to put the man that put him through all of that agony into a slave like position like he was in if he would because I would like to know if he blames the man for the way that it was back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton. Some questions that I might ask the author are, what inspired you to write this book? Another question is, how did you react to the shark attack? Is it hard to get used to only having one arm? These next 4 chapters which are chapters 7, 8, 9, and 10 are about surgery, the road back to getting on the board again, why she does surfing, and keeping the faith. Chapter 7 is called surgery because she is in the hospital having a lot of surgery done to save her life. I like that the doctors and nurses are helping and trying to save her life. She was lucky that she had a doctor at that moment to get her in the room quick. I am so glad that the doctors and nurses rushed her in quick to a hospital room. Chapter 8 is called the road back because she is recovering from the shark attack. She wants to go surfing again and she is feeling better now. I like that she wants to keep surfing after the shark attack that happened to her. Chapter 9 is called why she does it because surfing is her passion and everyone in her family loves to surf. People ask her all the time why does she surf. I like that people wonder why she wanted to surf in the first place. Chapter 10 is called keeping faith because she believes in God. I like that she believes in God and so do I.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I am reading Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. If Colton were to come to Greenville I would only have a few questions to ask him. The first question I would ask him is What did you think when you first go up there? I think that his reply would most likely something like I really didn't know what to think when I got to heaven. I just know that i was scared. Then second question I would ask him is. Now that you're older and your vocabulary has expanded do you think that you could describe some of the stuff in more detail? He would answer yes the way i would describe it now is a lot more vivid than before.

    ReplyDelete