Question(s): What book are you reading this quarter and why did you choose it? Read at least the first chapter and tell us what you think about it.
1) Read a chunk of your book (about a chapter or so) - ten to twenty pages should do.
2) Put the book down and don't pick it back up until you have posted your blog.
3) THINK about one thing you want to focus your blog on.
4) WRITE an organized paragraph with a topic sentence, body, and concluding sentence. Shoot for 6-10 sentences in length.
No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -10
I am reading The Revenge of the Dwarves by Markus Heitz. It’s the third book out of four in the Dwarf series. I got it for Christmas so I could do the quarterly novel project. It’s very slow at the moment because it’s building up to the climax of the story. The author hasn’t given the clear statement yet, but I believe the main character, Tungdil’s wife, had a miscarriage. With new Evil in the land, I wonder how the dwarf hero will prevail. If it’s anything like the other two books I know that this book with go out with a big bang!
ReplyDeleteI am almost finished with the book if I stay by Gayle Forman this book was really good. It was really interesting I liked reading it. This book also had some really sad parts in it too she had gotten into a bad car accident and ended up in the hospital. Mia was injured very badly. She had to face the decision to be able to live or not. In the accident it killed both of her parents and her brother. Mia and her brother were rushed to the hospital her brother doesn’t make it. In the end of the story she makes her decision whether to live or not she squeezes her boyfriend’s hand to signal them she wants to live. I’m glad she decided to live this book was both good and emotional.
ReplyDeleteI started a new book called Hawkes harbor by S.E. Hinton. It is about an orphan that grew up tough to handle almost anything his name is Jamie. Taking to the sea, he found danger and adventure in the most bizzare parts of the world. He is a one tough human attacking pirates and surviving dangerous gunrunners. He called himself crazy before every time he went on an adventure. I picked this book because it seemed like a book that fits my adventerous interests. I say this book will be good but I can never say that when I don't like reading in general.
ReplyDeleteYou just haven't found the perfect book for you yet. We will make a reader of you yet : )
Deleteim reading hunger games mocking jay by Suzanne Collins because i have already read the first too books of the series and i liked them. I decided to read this book because like i said i read the first too books and i like kind of. The opening chapter of the book is Katniss everdeen is standing in ash ruins of her house because her whole district got firebombed by the capital people because they though that Katniss was starting a revolution because she again rebelled the capital because she was in the hunger games ( which is when 12 districts have to sent two of there teenagers to fight to the death for entertainment and to remind the people to never rebel again because they rebelled before.) the first time because she volunteered to tribute for her little sister and everybody supposed to die in the hunger games except one
ReplyDeleteYour blogs are getting better Josiah!
DeleteThe book I am reading is the Maze Runner by James Dashner.
ReplyDeleteThis book is about a boy who wakes up and cannot remember anything about his life. The part I want to focus on is when he realizes that this is a dangerous place, and that they have to find a way out. When he realizes the dangers he wants to leave so he does everything he can to get out. He wants to become a runner, to try to find a way out. I don't think I would have the courage to do what he is willing to do, but if I did I think I would have made the same choice.
I am currently reading a Life as We Knew It. Life as We Knew It is the first book of a series.I chose this book because somebody recommended it to me and said that it was really good. I think that I am going to enjoy reading this book because I like action books. In the first chapter it talks about the main character, which we don't know her name yet, because the format is in the format of her diary. However we do know her family member's names. Basically her mom and dad got divorced a while ago and her dad's new wife is expecting a new baby, and they want her to be the godmother. She talks about how she isn't too close to her friends anymore and her mother is having financial problems, so she can't go to ice skating camp. I like this book so far, because I can tell that it is going to develop into a great story.
ReplyDeleteMy book is "The Life We Knew It" by Susan Beth Pfeffer (Lydia's blog continued)
ReplyDeleteIf I stay by Gayle Foreman. I picked this book because I read the back of the book and it looked interesting. I also picked this book because I want to read the book and then watch the movie. The first chapter is about the author introducing the main character and her family. The main character is a girl who lives in Oregon. She has a little brother named Teddy. She also has a mom and dad. I like that she has a family that she loves and that support her. Her mom has a job as a travel agent in town. I like that her mom is a travel agent and that she can travel to different cities and countries. Also it snowed in Oregon and school was canceled for the day. I like that they had a day of school off. They were so excited they had the day off.
ReplyDeleteI am reading the maze runner series i like it so far but the books are small
ReplyDeleteHunter, this is far too short!
DeleteI am reading "The Allegra Biscotti Collection" by Olivia Bennett. I chose this book because one of my friends read it and always talked about it. She talked me into reading this book. I read the first chapter of "The Allegra Biscotti Collection" by Olivia Bennett. We meet Emma Rose, who is a shy fashion designer in the making, and Holly, Emma Rose's best friend. Holly is a girl who trys hard to be popular and she befriends the most popular girl in school, Ivana. Jackson Creedon has been Emma's crush since he came to the school, but Ivana also likes Jackson. Emma's dad owns a company called Laceland and she works there after school. Marjorie Kornbluth is the receptionist at Laceland. The last character we meet is Charlie Calhoun, who is her best guy friend. So basically in this chapter we learn about the main character and most of the secondary characters.
ReplyDeleteHello Ms. Watson,
ReplyDeleteThe book I am currently reading is "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris. I chose to read this book this quarter because both of my parents have read it and they both highly recommended it to me. They both just went on and on about how funny and strange this novel was. So, I got to thinking...and realized that I am pretty funny and strange so I thought that the book and I would make a perfect match together.
After reading the first chapter I am convinced that I have made the correct move in picking this particular book to read for this quarter. So far, it is just as I expected, funny and strange. David Sedaris, the author, is also the narrorator of the story. The first chapter starts out with David telling about how he had to go to speech therapy when he was younger and how traumatic it was. I can realate to this a lot because when I was younger I also had to go to speech therapy and I always dreaded having to leave class in front of everyone because I couldn't pronounce my "r"'s. I am really looking forward to continuing this novel, it has already sparked my interest.
I want to read this book, too. I hope it's as good as I've heard!
DeleteThe book I am reading this quarter is "Where she went" by Gayle Forman, the reason why I choose this book is becuase I readed the frist book which was "If I Stay". The frist book was amazing and there was a movie released based on the book, the movie was even more amazing. Therefore, I thought that if the frisf book was amazing the second book would be better. After reading the frist chapter I knew that it will answer alot of unspoken questions. Another thing I notice is how the book is organized because the frist book it was not broken down into chapters but into different times during the day things were happening, but in this book it is in chapters. The book is also in another character point of view three year's later, which I thought was intresting because it is usually one character point of view and it stays in that one character point of view. The main reason I choose this book is because it is about two people that like different types of music but fall in love but an accident happens and that seprates them until three years later they meet in New York.
ReplyDeleteI am reading The first book apart of the Bailey Flanigan Series by Karen Kingsbury. I chose this book because my friend recommended it to me and told me it was very good. I read reviews on it online because I did not want to read a boring book. Almost every review I read said something positive. This book is about a girl close to my age so I will be able to relate to her. So far, this book is really good and I'm excited to keep reading. I have a feeling that it is going to be inspirational and touching. It focuses on more than one family which I was not expecting. There are more books in this series so I hope it is good enough to read the whole series.
ReplyDeleteThe Dead, by Charlie Higson. I just started reading this book and it has already caught my attention because it is about zombies. After reading the first chapter I discovered that this book is biased in the UK in England, I am not a big fan of that because some of the stuff they say I don’t understand or some of the places they talk about I don’t know but other than that it’s really good. There is this disease outbreak and everyone sixteen and older atomically becomes a zombie but everyone younger is unharmed from the disease it’s self but not by the people infected with it trying to eat them.
ReplyDeleteThis quarter I am reading The Hobbit or there and back again by J.R.R. Tolkien. I chose this book because I really liked the Hobbit movies and even though the book is different they will still be about the same thing. There for I would like to read this book because its something I am into with fighting and type things. At the very beginning the book starts out a bit boring but introducing the main characters. I like this so I will know what will be ahead in the upcoming chapters. Bilbo invited Gandalf for tea on Wednesday and had forgot, so when Gandalf came he brought thirteen dwarfs with him. It's late and a dragon is there and all of them barely manage to get out with their lives and settle at a near by home. (Cliff Hanger)
ReplyDeleteI am reading the book Code Talker by Joseph Bruchac and I am on chapter one called sent away. I like this book because it is intrusting with this first chapter. I chose this book because it looked like I would in joy it. It takes in New Mexico this is the Navajo tribe. The little boy is going away from home to learn English. He is not sure if this is what he wants to do with learning English and going to an American school. This book looks like it is going to be adventurous. The little boy will later be a code talker.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R Tolkien. I chose to read this book for the quarter because I have watched the Hobbit and wanted to watch Lord of Rings but rather than watching the movie I decided I would rather read the book. I have read the first chapter so far and I anticipate reading more. The book as of yet takes place in a place inhabited by creatures called hobbits. Two main hobbits so far are Bilbo Baggins and Frodo Baggins; Bilbo is extremely rich for a hobbit and has a gold ring that he obsesses over. Why does he obsess over the ring? Bilbo decides he is going to leave the Shire after a party and a wizard named Gandalf convinces Bilbo to leave his ring to his adopted son Frodo. Why does he have to leave the ring behind? I am egar to read more of this book and lear about the ring.
ReplyDeleteThis quarter I will finish reading the last part of Xenocide, which has been very good so far. I am thinking it will end with the colonists leaving Lusitania and bringing Congress to an end. After that I will read Children of the Mind because it is the next book in this series. In Xenocide there was a group called the Children of the Mind and I am thinking that it is probably about them and it explains who they are and why they exist and such. I think I will enjoy Children of the Mind because Orson has been doing a good job so far in each of the books in this series.
ReplyDeleteWill you do your QNP on Children of the Mind?
DeleteThis quarter, I am reading Gone, written by Michael Grant. I chose this book because a friend of mine recommended it to me, and it seemed like a good read judging by some online reviews. After reading the first chapter, I am very intrigued. The story is about a city where all adults have vanished in an instant leaving children and teenagers to fend for themselves. The main character, Sam, seems to have hero like qualities that could be important later in the story. So far, Michael Grant has written a very descriptive and interesting book that I can’t wait to continue reading.
ReplyDeleteI have now started to read the "I Survived" series by Lauren Tarshis. The title of this book is "The Shark Attacks of 1916." The whole series is based on true stories from past events and it talks about the survivors and the whole story behind each event. I chose this book/series because I love books that are based on true stories. I am also interested in sharks and shark attacks. I also love books that are about survival or about someone that survived a certain event. The cool thing that I read so far is that there is a huge great white shark somehow wound up in a large creak miles and miles away from the Atlantic Ocean in Virginia. Will there be any deaths or injuries this shark might cause to the main character, Chet, or any of his friends?
ReplyDeleteThat is terrifying. I have a shark phobia!
DeleteFor my new book I have picked “The Tomb” by Clive Cussler. I wonder what is happening at the beginning of the book in chapter 1. What is so special about the Priscic. Did Ildico kill the High King. What does the High King do. Why are all the barbarians very similar to each other. Did the Kings marry younger girls for their wives. I wonder why the ignorant people are suspicious by the guards.
ReplyDeleteRemember your word count, and try to pick one thing and focus on it rather than asking a bunch of unrelated questions. You will learn a lot more that way!
DeleteTitle- The Hunger Games
ReplyDeleteAuthor- Suzanne Collins
The book i chose is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. The reason i chose the book is because a during middle school my friends and classmates talked about how good it was. During the time i didn’t give the book a chance and read it. I think now is a good time to read the book. In the first chapter of the book introduces you to Katniss and Katniss younger sister Prim. They are part of District 12 which has a nickname of the Seam. Katniss goes hunting in the morning to get food for her mother and sister. Then everyone who is not an adult has to put there name in a drawing ball. So when the games come they call out the name. You get extra wheat for your family when you enter your name more than once.(148)
This Quarter I started reading Four by Veronica Roth. I am reading this book because this is the book from the Divergent series written from another perspective, I liked the first books, and I wanted more background information. The first 3 books of Divergent were about Tris, but this book is about her instructor and boyfriend Tobias, or Four. I liked the first books of the series a lot, and I read all three in about a week or two because I liked them so much. So when another book about it came out, I had to read it. Finally, I wanted to read this book because I didn't get that much information on Four when I read the first three books. We got basic information but nothing about his Abnegation life, or what he went though as a transfer. Hopefully by reading this book i'll get the information on that. In conclusion I wanted to read this book because I wanted another perspective of the books, to read another book part of the series, and more information.
ReplyDeleteThe book that I am currently reading is called The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider. The reason that I had chosen this book is because of how it starts off as a "golden student/boy" named Ezra Faulkner who gets into a tragic car accident and shatters his kneecap while finding out his girlfriend, Charlotte, had cheated on him at a party. Also, this fictional book takes place in modern day, which is very relatable and easy to read. I think I mostly like this story because of how it tells a "perfect" guy's life being destroyed, and how he handles it, saying that bad things do happen and not everything turns out to be perfect. I've read eight and a half chapters so far and I enjoy how detailed and realistic the plot is. I like almost all of the characters, especially the main character, Ezra.
ReplyDeleteI am currently reading Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. I choose this book because I have heard many good things about it from friends. I am about halfway through and so far, and it is really good. I thought it would be more of a love story, but it’s way deeper than that. The story is set in 1986, and the main characters, Eleanor and Park are very different, but end up finding a relationship in the midst of their differences. Eleanor is poor and has an abusive stepdad, and Park has money and two parents that care about him, and they both end up finding similarities with each other. This shows people to look past appearances and see people for who they really are, no matter how they look or how much money they have. In conclusion, I am really enjoying this book and can’t wait to read more about Eleanor and Park.
ReplyDelete(155 words)
The book I am reading this quarter is Distant Waves by Suzanne Weyn. I decided to read this book to get a different type of story; this book is more historical than most books I've read. I read the first chapter and so far I think it is absolutely strange. The book starts out with the mother of five daughters connecting with a spirit of a clients loved one; then you learn that the mother is also a widow. I have some questions about that, and the book is supposed to be about the Titanic, and I know it will be leading up to that part of the story shortly. Hopefully, this book is full of as much mystery as it seems to have.
ReplyDeleteDivergent
ReplyDeleteVeronica Roth
I have not been able to get the next book yet so I have to finish off this one.
I like it it was very exciting book and I highly recommend this book to people that like "The Hunger Games" because it is sort of like that I mean there is love and romance and war. Divergent is a very strange book though, it is easy to understand and very good imagery but it is futuristic a little bit.
Word count! Make sure you get a new book before this Friday.
DeleteI am reading The Fault in our Stars by John Green. I just started the book today. The books main characters, so far, are: Hazel Grace, Hazel’s mom, Augustus Waters, and Isaac. They all meet each other at support group for cancer patients. Hazel Grace is the main character who suffers from lung disease and is struggling through depression. I can really admire Hazel Grace, because she shows the thoughts and feelings of a cancer patient. She is not very positive. However, her attitude changes when Augustus starts to talk to her. It is only the beginning and they have already made a really cute relationship. I think people who like cute relationship/romance type books should read this.
ReplyDeleteBy,
Grace K. Ehlers
I started a book called Eon. The book describes set in China (I think, the book never mentions exactly). The book is about Dragoneyes, which are people picked by the Chinese Zodiac dragons. The book follows Eon, a boy who is really a girl, in her path of life. I picked this book because one of my friends recommended this book to me because she knows I’m obsessed with dragon books. I would recommend this book to people who love dragons and like books where the main character is mysterious and has a lot of secrets that you may not know about. (Which is basically all books…) I like the way the book describes the surroundings of Eon using vivid imagery. This makes it so you feel like you’re in the book watching the events unfold. I also love the way the author, Alison Goodman, depicts the individual characters in the books. It’s as if you know the characters personally. Goodman also does a good job of making the characters like real people because she makes a lot of them power-hungry and corrupt, especially royalty, which is how most people in their position would act. All of my examples show why this book is worth attention and time of people who read it.
ReplyDelete- Sydni Simpson (218 words)
I am reading the book Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood. I chose this book because it’s touching to people. You get into the book and you just want to know what is going to happen. I also like emotional books and stories that talk about God. Sometimes they talk about what you can do with life. Books can give you advice. This one is magical and mystical. The first chapter is kind of upsetting. Some people get into a car wreck and something incredible happens which I cannot say. You need to read the first chapter to know to what will happen next.
ReplyDeleteBy, Anastasia
The book I am reading is Names will Never Hurt Me by Jaime Adoff. I chose this book because it has this character that has something in common with me. That guy was named Kurt. He was the one that was bullied by name calling and getting beat up. The first chapter was actually pretty good. It described stories about four people. These four people were Kurt (which I’ve already mentioned), Tisha, Mark (also known as Floater), and Ryan. I liked Kurt’s story the best. Tisha was also bullied in a racial way by making fun of her skin color. This will be a pretty good book for me (hopefully)! (110 words)
ReplyDeleteI am currently reading The Beginning OF Everything by Robyn Schneider. This book was very similar to Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell but it seems like a good book so far. I chose this book for several reasons. First, I read some reviews about this book and it seemed pretty good and I could picture the whole plot in my head. Secondly, I’ve heard about this specific author and I think she’s very good. The book is pretty good right now but I’m hoping the book will get better and better. Overall, this book is a good book to get you addicted.
ReplyDeleteThis quarter I will be reading and finishing the book The Twenty One Balloons by William Pene du Bois. I chose this book to read for the quarterly novel project because it looked interesting and it seemed like something different to read. I like to read mystery novels and action thrillers but this is more of an adventure book about loyalty and explaration. I'm excited about getting more into it and I think that I will enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteWatch your word count!
DeleteHello, Ms. Watson. This quarter, I chose this book called Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John Le Carré. Actually, I didn’t choose this book. My brother and I like books with mystery and action, and he told me about this book and I thought it sounded really good. The first chapter of the book was okay. However, it started off by talking about all these people like Mr. Thursgood and old Major Dover like I already know them without any detail about them. I really like the detail about Jim Prideaux, and how he arrived in a rainstorm and that the rain “rolled like gun-smoke down the brown combes of the Quantocks, then raced across the empty cricket fields into the sandstone of the crumbling façade.” John did write good detail, but on the wrong objects. He should have described the characters. I will keep on reading to see if it will get better.
ReplyDeleteI have chosen the book "The Elite" from the selection series by Kiera Cass because i think the book is very suspenseful and romantic. In chapter it talks about America Singer and prince Maxson on a date outside in the palace garden. They were talking about the illea throne and how they loved each other.America was still thinking if she should be with Aspen or Prince Maxson. But America still has feelings for Aspen even thew they broke up before the selection. During the date America told maxson that she loved him and she wanted to stay in the palace. Also she told him that she cant say if she will stay and that she needed more time to think about it. Maxson told her he understood and he was ok waiting. Then the palace guard came to tell them to come inside in case the rebels attack. So they they both stared to go inside then maxson gave America a kiss goodbye and went inside. As you can see that the book ''The Elite" is very romantic and that it can get suspenseful.
ReplyDeleteI am currently reading Looking for Alaska by John Green. I decided to read this book because I have read it before like about a year or two ago and it was my favorite. I do not necessarily remember what happens to be honest so I decided to read one of my old favorites again. Especially since they are making a movie out of it now. The first part was Miles Halter, a kid from Florida, who is switching from a public school to a private school. His parents held a going away party but not many people showed up. Only two people who basically had non interesting life styles. The parents asked why he was switching and he said it was because he wanted to find something called The Great Perhaps. It didn't say what it was yet but it sounds like something interesting, especially with that name. I am really excited to re read one of my old favorite books.
ReplyDeleteI haven't pucked out my new book yet but, I am reading The underdogs by Mike Lupica. It's the last chapter. Wills father finally starts to like football again since his incident in high school. Will's team the Bulldogs out of all odds have won the silver championship trophy. Will was the MVP of the game and the season but Will said "Kendrick had to be the hero. It had to go to him." Then Hannah said "you're wrong." "You had to be the hero. The ball had to go to you. This was a really good book and I really recommend it for other people. I wonder why Will said somebody else deserved the trophy instead of him..? The ending is kind of weird
ReplyDeleteThe Kill Order by James Dashner: For this quarter I am reading the third book in the maze runner series. Which is technically the last book because the four is a prequel to the first book. I chose this book because I was really hooked on the first two and I really want to finish the series as a whole. The books are very interesting to me and the characters are very enjoyable. The story itself is very in-depth, with a very large and interesting problem. In the series there are still a lot of loose ends to tie. I am in interested and excited to see what happens next.
ReplyDeleteI am currently reading Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade by Ryder Windham. The first chapter of the book describes Indiana's childhood being a boyscout trooper he and some of his friends were bored and scavenged out discovering cool things.
ReplyDeleteMy book is called “Scorpions” by Walter dean Myers. I choose this book because one of my old English teachers made the class read one of his books called “Monster” and when I saw the book it made me think about the books he writes. He writes a lot of young adult literature. While now for my book at the beginning of my book there is only to charters you know and that is Jamal and Sassy, But later in the chapter you meet Mama. When I started to read it I knew that they were not a wealthy family because they eat a lot of left-overs and reuse the food and make it in to smaller pieces. Also in chapter one Jamal talks a little about a person named Snookie.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I have chosen this book because I read the first on, Hunger Games, and never really had the chance to read the others. The book begins with Katniss outside in the woods. She's thinking so hard that she can't even move. Starting today she has to go on a Victory Tour to celebrate the Hunger Games, and she's hating it. The Capitol is making her do it and she doesn't have a choice. Once again, she has to be a part of the Capitol's media manipulation machine. Katniss would rather put all of her memories of the Hunger Games behind her. She tries to distract herself by hunting for Gale's family. Katniss' family is rich because she won the last Games, so they don't need the extra food, but Gale's does. This is a summery of chapter one.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Memory Boy by Will Weaver. The whole story is based on survival, and family. When a volcano erupts and sends out smoke across earth. I like how the author started the book. He started the characters arguing at each other. Miles and his sister Sarah have that brother and sister connection. This is a older book, but it seems to be interesting. Its not like other survival stories to were the person is by their self, but his family is.
ReplyDeleteWatch your word count!
DeleteThe Titans Curse
ReplyDeleteRick Riordan
I choose to read this book mainly because I have read the other Percy Jackson seri books and I wanted to know what was in this book. I looked like an okay book then I asked someone to tell me about it and they didn't tell me what it was about but they said that it was a very interesting book to read and the very much enjoyed it. So I listened to them and I am now reading the book. The first chapter was very interesting. I learned about sort of where this story took place and some of the characters. I feel like it will be very interesting story. I am exited to read it.
This quarter i am reading Allegiant by: Veronica Roth I choose this book because it is the Divergent series and i have read them all except the last one. In the book right now i'm not to sure what is happening but Tris and her best friend Christina are talking about what happened in the last book Insurgent. Tris is badly hurt from her battle wounds and is trying to clean them up. Tris thinks Tobias is mad at her but when he sees her, hes really not. Tris and Tobias are in a relationship as well. In each chapter it goes back and forth between Tris and Tobias talking. I'm wondering where her brother and all their friends are and what will happen next with the factions.
ReplyDeleteThis quarter I am reading the book unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. This story takes place in World War 2. I chose this book because I saw the movie and it was very good and it also made me cry. Ms. Watson told me to read this book and I walked up to that challenge. I hoped that it will be good book as the movie was also it is about survival, resilience, and redemption. I really hope that it is going to be good also one of my friends told me about it a said that it was the best book that he has read.
ReplyDeleteHungers Games mocking jay by: Suszane Collins
ReplyDeleteI think that Katniss Everdeen will be the dynamic character ( well I already know because I read the first two books and she was the main character in those two) and because she is the the most interesting character in the first too books that I read because she caused lots of problems for the capital in the first two books because she and peeta the other person in the hungergames with her ( he’s on her team) were about to commit suicide because they wanted to make a point that they loved each other so the capital didn’t let them commit suicide then the next hunger games they were again in it because it was the 50th aniversity of the hunger games to celebrate all the people who had won the hunger games who were still alive had to go back to games to compete again.
My book is Theodore Boone: The Abduction by John Grisham
ReplyDeleteHave you ever wondered what police questioning is like? It must be incredibly difficult and embarrassing.
Truth is that they are trying to just to the truth by telling it will be over if you just confess. Police can use loudness and freedom of speech to try and let everyone know what’s going on. Well Theodore Boone doesn't have that problem. Since both his parents are lawyers, he knows police inside and out. In the chapter that I read, he found his way around questions involving his kidnapped friend. He knew them inside and out.
Overall this book and its characters know how to trick and turn around the judicial system; I wonder how that will be used.
I'm reading Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. I'm reading it because it's the only Harry Potter book that I couldn't finish because of the ending. Though another reason I'm reading it is because Draco Malfoy is my all time favorite character though out the whole entire series and one of this books main focus is on Draco Malfoy. I have read about the whole series and the reason I say about is because of this book that I already love but I dread the ending so much knowing what is to become of it.
ReplyDelete-Ana Alford
I'm reading Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. I'm reading it because it's the only Harry Potter book that I couldn't finish because of the ending. Though another reason I'm reading it is because Draco Malfoy is my all time favorite character though out the whole entire series and one of this books main focus is on Draco Malfoy. I have read about the whole series and the reason I say about is because of this book that I already love but I dread the ending so much knowing what is to become of it.
ReplyDelete-Ana Alford
I am reading Friday Night Lights by H.G. Bissinger. I've seen the movie and I really enjoyed it. I chose this book but not only do I like sports, but because I like stories of sports with a meaning behind it. I like to hear about what athletes have been through and to see how far they have come. It's so often that stories like this come around and motivate people on a daily. So far I have read a little bit and the introduction is very detailed. Its almost so detailed that you can see a picture of what's going on inside of your head. This book also includes pictures to help you understand the contex and everything around it. The movie was great so I know that the book will be good too.
ReplyDeleteFor the third quarter I am going to read "The Son of Neptune" by Rick Riordan. I chose the read this book because greek mythology is really interesting to me. Also I have read the first book of the series "The Heroes of Oylmpus" and the whole "Percy Jackson series" and I really enjoyed both the book and the series. I have read most of Rick Riordan's books and out of the ones I have read, I can say that they are very good, so I expect this one to be just as good if not better than the rest.
ReplyDeleteI am reading the book"The Silver Chair" by C.S. Lewis. It is the sixth book in the series , Narnia. During the first chapter Jill and Pole the main characters run into some bullies. They try to escape the bullies by running into the woods. They ran into the land Narnia by passing through a door. As the ran through the door the voices of the bullies seemed to disappear. As soon as they ventured a bit further into Narnia they soon came to a large cliff. This book makes me think about how wonderful Narnia is. From this first chapter it also made me think of how cruel life is.
ReplyDeleteThis quarter I am reading Gossamer by Lois Lowry. I read the first five chapters and they were great. One thing I want to focus on is that there is this smart little puppy who name is Lillest. She is a real smart and curious puppy. She also likes to ask a lot of questions. Fastidious her teacher/mentor were walking when the humans were asleep do not know if you have realized yet but there dogs. Anyway Liliest asked ''What type of dog are we?'' and fastidious was surprised because she said no one has ever asked her that before. Witch got even more curious in the book.
ReplyDeleteThis quarter I am reading Gym Candy by Carl Duker. I chose this book because i read Night Hoops by Carl Duker and it was an amazing book. So I decided to go ahead and get this book knowing that I might like it just as much as I did Night Hoops. I really like this book so far because it deals with sports. This happens to be a book about football too which is my favorite sport. Another reason i really love this book already is because this book has a lot to deal with teens and there battle against drugs and temptation. But is also drove by the desire to win.
ReplyDeleteThis quarter I am reading Swindle by Gordon Korman. In the first chapter the kids have a card stolen from them by a shop owner named Mr.Swindle. Aggravated they devise a plan to get the card back. I think that they are going to have to get a team together and I am excited to see their whole plan in action and see how everything works and also how they will use being kids to their advantage or see how they will overcome security.
ReplyDeleteMatthew Fowler
ReplyDelete1/9/15
The Man in the High Castle
Phillip K. Dick
The book that I have chosen to read for this quarter is The Man in the High Castle. I have multiple reasons for me choosing this novel to read for this quarter. The first being that its setting is set in a distopian world. Secondly, I am very fond of history and alternative history. I love to think about how something so little could of changed the world completely and this is what this book basically does. It dipects the world and U.S. if the Axis powers had won World War II it a unique way. Plus I was just looking for something interesting to read and this is what I came across.
Flowers for Algernon by Daniele key's I chose this block because I have read it before and I liked it and it was a great book and I've heard great things about this book and that it is very intertaning and it keeps you in the book and it makes you think what if that was you.in chapter one it's a bout a mentally special person his nAmes Charlie and he we is very hard working in school but he Reilly wants to be smart so he can have grown conversation
ReplyDeleteAnd he wants to be able to do work and stuff and he wants to under stand what is so called friends are talking about at work that all
I chose to read Frostbite by Richelle Mead. I chose this book because i really enjoy reading about vampires its kinda funny, but its just is very cool to me how so many authors can choose one topic and portray them all so differently. I also love mythical books where it seems as if it is really real and I just really love that. This book is really good so far, i like how it incorporates different kinds of vampires and they also have half vampires and how they are not all immortal. I really like this book and i cant wait to read more!
ReplyDeleteI am reading Millions by Cottrell Boyce. Hopefully this is as good as the back seems but so far nothing happened in the beginning. I think it will take a while for the climax to come because a lot of the book is draw out. Not only that, I’m not sure how I feel about reading a book from a ten year olds perspective. My guess is that his antagonist is going to be somebody close to him because he’s just a kid and he doesn’t have any enemy’s. Maybe another main character will come up but as of right now he doesn’t have anybody in his way.
ReplyDelete