Monday, December 8, 2014

Next Blog Due January 9!

4 comments:

  1. I am reading a book titled Maya’s Choice, by Earl Sewell. I chose this book because I read the back where it gave me a brief summary of the book and it seemed interesting. It starts off with Maya talking about this boot she has to wear and then her remembering getting her cast taking off and saying how it made her leg itches all the time and that it’s really annoying. When Maya gets the cast off she talks about how her leg is as hairy as a man’s; now that’s funny. Her leg was too sensitive to be touched which meant she can’t shave right away like she would want too. Her leg was smaller than her other leg. Her leg was ashy and very dry and also had nasty-looking blisters. Maya leg was also very musty. Her reaction was like “Ewww!” This is so funny because I would've probably been the same way, like gross. I wonder what happened to her to be put in a cast and a boot?? I’ll just have to keep reading and hopefully it will say why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I read the first chapter of the book To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. In this chapter one of the main characters “Scout”, starts off the story by telling the events that led up to her brother Jem braking his arm. She also talks about how the first of her ancestors to come to America was a fur-trader and apothecary named Simon Finch, who fled England to escape religious persecution and established a successful farm on the banks of the Alabama River. I think that this is a good way to start the book because once you start it you get hooked because you want to find out how everything happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright so after looking through some old books I haven't read in a while, I found Stephen King's 'Pet Sematary'. Now this a book I would like to read. Some events in this book are inspired by real life experiences from the author, Stephen King himself, and there are some pretty sick and twisted things that happen in this book. So I barley remember much about the book in detail, I obviously remember the gist but I don't remember enough to the point where I can still get a kick out of it by re reading it now. So anyway why did I pick this book? Well I once was reading interviews from Stephen King and he was asked "What do you think is the scariest book you have ever written", he said that most of his fans thought that "The Shinning" was his scariest book but King said that in his own opinion, Pet Sematary was the scariest book he ever wrote. So this is one big main reason that I'm reading this book. So anyway, this book is pretty big, bigger then any book I have read in a while, so I'm gonna have to not really zoom through this book but I will still have to manage my time wisely. So far I have read a little bit into this book, around 40 pages in (sorry I know you said 10-20 would be enough but this book is 562 pages! I really have to knock this thing out!) and so far there has been some characters introduced, the main character is Louis Creed, a father of two, who has just moved into a new home in Maine were he will start a new job in the medical area. He bonds with an elderly neighbor, Jud Crandall, who tells him about an old sematary near the home, and tells him to keep an eye out for the kids near the street, since big trucks come by all the time. So pretty much they have a beer on Jud's porch every night and just chill. Jud has a wife who has bad arthritis, but is a kind hearted soul. Anyway this is pretty much what I have read up to and I am very excited to read some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are looking forward to this book and by the way, read as much as you can, all the time! Don't limit yourself to my recommendation!

    ReplyDelete