Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Blog Due 12/5/2014

Respond to the following: If you were the author of the book you are reading, what would you change and why?

1) Read a chunk of your book (about a chapter or so) - ten to twenty pages should do.
2) Put the book down and don't pick it back up until you have posted your blog.
3) THINK about one thing you want to focus your blog on.
4) WRITE an organized paragraph with a topic sentence, body, and concluding sentence. Shoot for 6-10 sentences in length.

No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -10

61 comments:

  1. Divergent
    By:veronica ross

    If i was the author of divergent then i would make the novel a little more intresting such as making her brother stay the same fraction and throughout the story he and his sister would constantly try to get each other in trouble but at the end they need to help eachother to save the ones that they love.i would not have the mother die because she could be a very good person to use in the fight to save everyone and since she knows the dauntless base because she was a dauntless then she switched factions. The father should have been the one to die because he is not very impotant in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I am still reading The Twenty-One Balloons by William Pene Du Bois. I feel like I am not far enough in to the story to give my input and to make changes to the outcome of the plot, but I do have something that I would change about the character. I would change his way of loyalty to his club. If I were him, I would spread the news of my treacherous adventures to the world. It bothers me that even though I know what had happened, it still gets to me somehow that he doesn't share his story. That is what I would change about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished a book called Black Beauty, which tells the story of a boy and a Black Stallion that get stranded on an island together and have to form a bond to get off the island, alive. The main point of the story is about how the main character, Alec, trains the Black to race in a competition. I think the author, Anna Sewell could have better improved the story by giving more insight on Alec and the Black's relationship, instead of making the book about Alec and the Black's training and race. If I were the author of Black Beauty, that is EXACTLY what I would do to the book. All in all, I think everyone should read this classic, ESPECIALLY, if they LOVE animals as much as I do.
    -Sydni Simpson (144 words roughly)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title of the book i am reading for the second quarter is "The Lost Hero" by Rick Riordan. Although the book is very good and I enjoy the plot, i would change some things if I were the author. Firstly, I would change the story and make the whole book about just Roman gods. In the book, greek and roman gods are together. even though the gods from both of the places are similar, I wouldn't out the, together in a story. Secondly, I would change how the story starts. In the beginning, the story is slow in some ways, and can be a tiny bit confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading the book referred to as The Compound. The author of this book, is S.A Bodeen. If I was the author of the book I would change how depressing it is. The main character of the book, Eli, is going through depression because he lost his twin in the blow. The father saves the day by making the compound but his family is not grateful! If I was the father, I would feel betrayed because I saved them from an atomic warfare. That is just some of the stuff I would change to the compound if I was the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In this blog I would like to focus on commander Root. Though he has failed numerous times to capture Holly and break into his house he keeps trying over and over. His companions try to tell him that he is always one step ahead but he doesn't listen. Commander Root keeps testing Atremis's intelligence and takes advantage of his power causing his men to get injured. When he found out that Artemis isn't lying about escaping the time-stop he still insist on trying to break rules and either killing Artemis or persuading him to give Holly back without giving Artemis his gold. I'm sued soon enough Root will die or get fired because he keeps making mistakes and doesn't follow the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am towards the end of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. If I were the author I would change that Rue would not to die, and the careers to die in the tracker jacker attack. This change will start out with after Katniss puts on the ointment for her burn. Then Rue whistles to her telling her to cut down the tracker jacker nest. After the nest falls to the ground, it swarms the Careers, but Peeta manages to escape with only a few stings before Cato slashes his knife to Peeta's thigh before he dies. When the tracker jackers are gone, Katniss is hallucinating and she grabs Glimmer's (district 1) bow and arrows and also Cato's knife. That would mean Rue, Katniss, Peeta, Thresh, and Fox Face are still in the games. Although two Careers managed to escape the attack....it was Clove and Cato.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Ms. Watson. The book that I’ve read for this quarter was the Maze Runner by James Dashner. If I was the author of this book I’ve read, I would change Alby throwing Teresa in the Slammer, the jail in the Glade, because she said she thinks she triggered the Ending and he blames her for it, which now I don’t like him because she is my favorite character; He has no actual evidence other than when she came to the Glade it started. I think he should have argued with her and then find a Griever, the lethal creature from the Maze, coming through the doors. Then, they would have to all work together and figure out what to do from there. Finally, they would decide to go as a group to kill the Grievers instead of them getting stung one-by-one in the Glade because the walls were open at night and they didn’t work together. Also, they put too much detail into the least important events and didn’t insert enough in the main events which I would also like to change. Thank you for reading my blog that I wrote, Ms. Watson. Have a wonderful rest of the week! (203 words)

    ReplyDelete
  9. World war z by orson Scott cards world war z is pretty good right now the man with no name ( well he hasn't said his name yet so that's why I called him the man with no name) is being interviewed and the interview is about the zombie outbreaks and how he helped people ( government officials, police men, lawyers etc) get rich and he talked about how he hated going to former soviet counties I like Russia, Ukraine, etc. the story right now is a little confusing so I may watch the first part of the movie so I can understand it better hopefully Anyway besides the book being a little confusing to me right now I love it and I bet it will get less confusing when the books keeps going on and stuff because right now he is ( the man with no name) only talking about before the zombie outbreaks and stuff and I don't even know if this is set post zombie outbreak or during the zombie outbreak anyway I guess I will find out.
    Josiah flint

    ReplyDelete
  10. This week I read Xenocide by Orson Scott Card.

    If I could change the novel I would change nothing, except maybe some names. Some of the names are hard to remember and spell. I might change Estavão to Estávo or something like that. I might also change Novinha to something similar. I will add translations of the Portuguese when it is said, because it is annoying that someone will say something in Portuguese and I won’s know what they said unless I look it up. But otherwise the book is very good and I can’t think of any changes or additions that could be done to make it better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Currently I am reading Poseidon’s Arrow by Clive Cussler. This section was EXCITING! There was a high speed chase through the streets of Mexico. Pitt and Al chased the bad guys who had both Ann, the NCIS lady, and the box. I still don’t know what is in that box, but it must be important. They didn’t get the box because it fell out of the truck while Al tried to grab it and got run over by a cement truck. After the crash, the bad guys, Ann, Pitt and Al all ended up in a bull fighting ring…during a bull fight! After the bull killed one of the bad guys, Pitt was able to rescue Ann. Al, Pitt and Ann returned to the NUMA ship. If I were the author, the one thing I might change about this part of the story is how bloody and violent it was. First a bad guy got squished by the cement truck. Then another bad guy got gored by the bull. I know they were bad guys, but those deaths just seemed really gruesome and violent. I would have the one guy fall out of the truck and maybe break a leg. And the other guy could maybe get stepped on, but not killed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This blog will be about chapter 1 of the book Middle School save Rafe by, James Patterson. This chapter starts off like all the other books in this series. Rafe is stuck in some bad situation and is talking to the reader about how he is going to die. But in this one after he talks about how he is going to die because he is holding onto the side of a cliff and is about to fall, Rafe sends the reader through a flashback of his life and bad things that happened to him from the past books. Personally I thought that was really cool and kind of different. And at the end of the chapter there was a twist, it was all a nightmare and Rafe woke up from it because his sister was yelling at him, that part I really liked.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am now reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. The book begins with Katniss outside in the woods. She's thinking so hard that she can't even move. Starting today she has to go on a Victory Tour to celebrate the Hunger Games, and she's dreading it. The Capitol is making her do it; she doesn't have a choice. Once again, she has to be a part of the Capitol's media manipulation machine. Katniss would rather put all of her memories of the Hunger Games behind her. She tries to distract herself by hunting for Gale's family. Katniss' family is rich because she won the last Games, so they don't need the extra food, but Gale's does. Gale has to work in the mines now, and Katniss can barely stand the thought of going into them.
    She misses the old times with Gale and thinks about how their relationship has changed. Katniss hunts well and returns through the fence to District 12. Her family has been moved to a new house in the Victor's Village, but Katniss stops at their old shack to change out of her hunting clothes. She pauses to regret the old life that's now out of her reach. This first chapter has a lot do with with how just winning the game, or even being part of it, has changed her relationships with everyone. I read the first book, but never got around to read this, and now I'm glad I am. I am excited to see how much different the book is from the movie. If I were to change this book, I would have Katnis be weaker and Gale be allowed to be with their family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Author of this book is Michael Salla. The main plot of the stroy is to put your mind in the minds of the Tiger Force warriors. If I was the author I would change the point of view a little more. I would probably change the pov because it is more intense. The pov is important because you want the reader to keep interest. I will show you an example ( Hey!! get recon up above) that's first pov. There are three pov's but the original auther put it in third person. I honestly think that first person would change it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in the middle of If I stay by Gayle Forman. If I was the author I would change the way the characters act. Like the way Mia’s brother acts. I would make him more calm to me he’s really hyper. Also I would have changed the way Mia acts she’s really quiet and calm I would have made her a bit more talkative and sort of hyper. So far I really like this book. Every time I read this book I get more and more into to it. I’m really glad that I chose this book and I can’t wait to get more into it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am still reading The Compound by S.A. Bodeen. I just finished the book and it was really good. If I was the author, I would probably have a better ending and not just let it be that way. I would probably have Eddy be in the compound with the rest of the family. I would have added some other things like a nuclear bomb war. I was disappointed because I found out that it was just the dad making the sounds and fire to scare the family down under. I really enjoyed reading this book because it kept me on my toes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am currently reading "The Rescue" by Nicholas Sparks. If I was the author of this book, I would have changed a few things. First, I would have made the finding of Kyle a bigger deal. Taylor found Kyle after he was missing for five hours, but it wasn't that big of a deal the way it should've been. I also would have changed the reason why Taylor blocked people out so much. He is in his mid 20's, early 30's and doesn't want to open his heart because his father passed away when he was a young boy. I could not figure out the connection because Taylor loved helping people but was scared to love them which confused me. I would have made Taylor less stubborn and I would have gotten Denise to talk about her feelings more. Overall, this has been an extremely good book.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Scorch Trails by James Dashner: If I was the author of the book I would change Tomas’ reactions to Teresa’s betrayal. After Teresa and Aris tell Tomas of their plan to betray him so they could save his life, Tomas is heartbroken which is the right approach but he blows it off too easily. I understand that he needs to keep himself focused about the obstacles ahead. But when all is better he wishes to talk to her and finds ways to talk to her. He somewhat misses her and still acts like things are fine between them, it’s just not realistic to real events that would happen if really people, for that matter teenagers, that were put in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am reading the book The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. In this book Edward was thrown off a boat into a ocean. He was lest there one day, his owner was very upset about this, but eventually got over it. He washed up on shore one day and he was found by a woman and she dressed him up like a little girl and named him Tina or something like that. He became attached to every person he ended up with. This shows that along the way people will get rid of you or never talk to you again and you can move on and make a new friend. It shows that you aren’t always alone and even when you are you will meet someone and they will be there for you and you won’t be alone. This book just shows you that you can still have someone even if your number one person that you’ve known all your life, suddenly disappears you will still find someone. Edward had major adjusting to do he went from being dressed in silks hand stitched just for him, and a solid gold pocket watch to wearing rags sown together to make a dress, or being naked. But he adjusted to the situation and was optimistic and he became loved and he loved them back to.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am reading the Hunger games: Mockingjay, by Suzanne Collins.
    If I was the author of this book I would change it by adding why she has to say that and why she was like basically told to say that? Why couldn't she say what she wanted to? Katniss is getting made up to be on a camera to show that she is prepared and not going to back down. They dress her in this natural look to show that she is friendly but draw in some battle scars to show that she’s prepared for anything. She only has to say one line. No speeches. A slogan; “People of Panem fight, we dare, we end our hunger for justice!" to me that means they will not back down until they get their justice. When Katniss said that it was dead silent. Nothing, until she hears a familiar voice… that laughed and said “And that, my friend, is how a revolution dies.” Why does he or she say that? I thought it was a pretty strong-brave saying. Hopefully I’ll find out next chapter what that person means.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If I was the author of the book, The Fault in our Stars, I would change the ending of the book. I would change the ending of the book because the ending is sad. I would make the ending happier so one of the main characters wouldn't have to die. If one of the main characters didn't have to die, then they could live happy ever after. Augustus and Hazel would date each other until they eventually got married and then they would live happily ever after. Hazel and Augustus would fight their cancer together and eventually would become cancer free. That is the ending that I would choose if I could change the ending to TFIOS.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am reading Allegiant by Veronica Roth. In chapters eleven, twelve, and thirteen things in the story start to get interesting. Tris, Tobias, Christina, and Caleb take a train to the fence at the edge of the city to meet Johanna and the rest of the allegiant. As they approach the fence, their friend Tori gets shot. When the group finally reaches the fence they tell Johanna about the ambush and how Tori was killed and how Tobias got shot in the arm. When they finally make it outside the fence and the city the group talks about how they should move everyone else out. If I was Veronica Roth I think I would change who the allegiant were because they seemed like obvious people to pick for the group. (131 words)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lord of the Flies
    William Golding

    I would change how he made the people on the island split up into two groups instead of them all working together to get of the island. I would change how Jack never got along with Ralph and make everyone get along so they could get rescued faster. I would also change how everyone wanted to vote for Ralph to be the leader and rather have Jack and Ralph be the leader so that everyone would get along so that there would be no war and also so that they can be rescued easier and quicker. This is what I would change in the book if I was the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. If I was an author of The Last Dog on Earth (by Daniel Ehrenhaft), I would have to change the ending because it sounds so sad when Jack (Logan’s female dog that is immune to the psychotic outburst syndrome) died from getting hurt so much. Logan loved Jack so much that he was very depressed, which may lead to suicide or may lead to assassinations of other people. I would prefer the ending, “Logan was still in the hospital and then Jack was about to die, but Logan was surprised that he was not dead yet. He was crying tears of joy. After he got out of the hospital, the mayor of Oregon rewarded Jack and Logan the Hero of the Year medals for saving not only the dogs, but the people especially.” This was the ending I was expecting. (140 words)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am currently reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I'm in the first chapter so there's almost nothing to change yet. I'm in the second chapter where Katniss volunteers for Prim which i probably would've done if I was the author, also is shows that Katniss is very brave. What I would've changed is before this book or movie I would've liked to see Katnisses mentor Haymitch. I want to see how he won his Hunger Games I think it would be a great movie. That’s what I would change; I would show how Haymitch had won and how he helps Katniss in the games. This chapter was how they will begin training for the games and I think it is cool how Katniss shot an arrow at an apple to impress the judges.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The book I'm reading is Reboot by Amy Tintera. I'm almost done with the book and I really like it, but I wish the author had done differently with some of the characters. The main character, Wren, is pretty amazing already, but her back story is short and you honestly don't know anything about her besides the fact that her parents were drug addicts. Wren's best friend, Ever, was a favorite character of mine, but was killed off towards the middle of the book. I wasn't that angry about it but she basically committed suicide because the HARC gave her shots that made her crazy. They also gave the shots to Calum, Wren's student, and that made me question the book, and think "well that ended fast." I would defiantly change the deaths that happen in the book and maybe even the characters, but I do think that these events that happen make the book a lot more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am continuing to read the eleventh plague by Jeff Hirsch. I am going to focus on the main character Stephen. I like to compare my self to Stephen. we both like to help others. me and him both don't tolerate being picked because it always ends up in a fight. we both don't leave anyone behind. we both are very protective of our family.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Scorch Trials
    By: James Dashner
    After the Gladers settled down and left Rat Man after he disappeared as well, they all made packs, made of the bedsheets, of supplies consisting of the spare food and a bag of water. When the time comes that the Gladers are to enter, all of them go in and are automatically met by darkness. If I was the author of this book, I would have left one of the Gladers behind because I think it would add a lot of mystery among the others as to if the Creators killed that Glader. After the Gladers find a wall, they start to make their way along it, then, suddenly, something attacked a Glader and killed him. When the chaos erupted and all the Gladers were running, they stopped at a hatch and a staircase. Then, Winston got attacked and Thomas pulled the weird head-eating monster off before causing too much damage. Suddenly Minho opened the hatch and blinding light spilled through. I think they are going to be in a desert.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I finished the book When it Happens by Susane Colasanti on Sunday. In the last few chapters of their high school year Sara and Tobey and finally end up together after Sara being with Dave and all that. In the end Sara and Tobey were living it up because it was their last year of high schools meaning they were leaving from school for a while for like ever because they didn't want to go to college. Sara had a really nice feeling about leaving high school together. She said that she felt like they were going separate ways. Together. Which in my mind is the sweetest thing ever. What girl wouldn't love leaving senior year with a boyfriend? I know I would to be honest. If I were to be the author of this book I would honestly only change the speed of the book just a bit because it was a little too slow for my liking but it was still extremely enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am reading The Divide written by Elizabeth Kay. Felix, the main character has a life threatening heart condition, and was mystically summoned to a different world. In this world full of new, exciting, mystical creatures, he meets beings who want to help him find a cure for his heart problem. If I was the author, Elizabeth Kay, I would revise the story so that Felix’s illness was a type of cancer. I believe labelling the illness would provide hope for children with cancer who read this book. Also, I would have all of the mystical creatures have a close comparison on Earth to provide more of a visual to the readers. I am thoroughly enjoying this book, and hope to read the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have finished reading The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams, and after reading the whole book, I have one constant annoyance about the book that I would really like to change. If I were the author, I would have made the book make a lot more sense. Almost everything this author writes about is totally improbable, even in improbable situations. However, I am both annoyed and impressed by this factor of Mr. Adam's writing. It takes a really big imagination to come up with the things he has written down, and I appreciate that about him. However, I stand by my opinion; if I were the author, I would have had the book made more sense.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This week I finished chapter 10 of mocking jay of the hunger game series by Suzanne Collins. This chapter is pretty much the same as all the other ones before it which is just a bunch a drama. If I was the author of this book I would have cut out all of the crappy drama and put in more action and excitement. The reason I would do this is because in the books in the series before this one were extremely successful and they were full of action. If I was her I would not have changed it up in fear that it wouldn’t be as good as the others.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Title: Across the Universe
    Author: Beth Revis
    Matthew Fowler
    12/5/14

      The one thing that I wish that I could of changed in the book I am currently reading is how they have disregarded Earth or abandoned it in a sense. They were suppose to go to this new planet and set up some kind of colony to possibly make it a new home, but from what I know it was for resources. I didn’t really find anything that shown Earth was in trouble, but somehow they woke up which I am still unaware about. When I say they disregarded or abandoned Earth though I mean they don’t exactly agree with everything on Earth. I don’t think they can exactly know how Earth works due to them having no diversity between themselves because they are all similar in features. While they know that they’re heading to this new planet I also think that they don’t know that Earth may still be around. That might be the case, but I just would of probably thought of this book more highly then I do know if they still knew there mission.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am reading Eragon by Christopher Paolini. If I was able to change anything in the book, I wouldn't change anything. This book is a great story, and the characters and personalities go well with eachother. When Eragon watches the egg hatch, or when he comes back to his house being destroyed, the author conveys his feelings so that it pushes the story along. Paolini also makes the area that the characters in fit the current mood in the story very well. Like when Eragon and Brom are halfway through the desert, all worn out, then a huge storm comes in to make it even worse. So, if I was the author, this is why I wouldn't change anything.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I finished reading the last chapter of "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green. If I were the author of the book, I would change the ending. I think that Hazel Grace and Augustus deserve their little infinity. I would change the book so that Augustus Waters does not die. I would also change that Isaac gets surgery to remove his eye. He shouldn't have been completely blind. I also would have changed that Van Houten didn’t know how to finish the book. I think that he should have finished the book in honor of his daughter, Anna. But, I also understand why he ended his book in the middle of a sentence, to show that when you die, you could die in the middle of a sentence. So suddenly.
    Clarissa Lawen
    The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

    ReplyDelete
  36. The book I had recently finished was Paper Towns by John Green. Overall, I don't thin I would change the book at all. I thought that each character had their own personality or thing that set them differently from the other characters, and the whole story line from start to finished was very though out and detailed. Throughout the whole book, I was cheering Quinton on while he would desperately try to find Margo and even asking for his friends assistance, knowing that he couldn't do it alone. It also creates a "friendship" or "I've got your back" feeling. I liked the connection between Margo and Quinton, and even with the other characters too. Another thing I liked about this book, was how it had a mature feel along with an encouraging and exciting filled adventure.If I was the author of this book, I don't think I would change much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello Ms. Watson,
    The book I have been reading is finally and unfortunately at its end! I have been reading Three Graves Full by Jamie Mason. If I were Jamie Mason I would change the fact that Jason Getty didn’t get caught or arrested to murdering Leah’s fiancée. I think it is really unfair and sad that Leah had to lose the man who she had been with almost all her life and the man whom she was going to spend the rest of her life with as well. It makes me really sad the way that Jamie Mason, the author, portrays Leah as very distraught and emotionally drained. If I were the author I would write it so that Leah did some investigation by herself and found out that Jason killed her soul mate. Also, I would add a more edgy and twisted ending and I would add that Leah went out and killed Jason for killing the love of her life. Jamie Mason is an amazing author and I really enjoyed reading this book, even though I would change a few things if I had the chance.
    Sophie Finnell

    ReplyDelete
  38. My book is about a Nazi and Jew becoming friends during World War II. A series of unfortunate things start to occur for Patty. Anton leaves, as a way to protect Patty from getting caught. Patty and Anton had a great friendship. Anton had to leave, because people were starting to investigate Patty to see if she was hiding him there. Anton and Patty were great friends and they knew they would probably never see each other again.
    By,
    Grace K. Ehlers

    ReplyDelete
  39. Title: Cirque Du Freak

    Author: Darren Shan



    I am still reading the book Cirque du freak and i'm on chapter 6.It was Friday afternoon after school and every kid was running as fast as they can home because of the freedom. There was only a group of four that was miserable. They were Steven, Leonard,Tommy,Alan, and Darren. On their way home they were talking about how the circus only sold two tickets to customer. They also were thinking who will get the two tickets out of the four of them. They all agreed that Steve should get one because he put more money in and went to buy the tickets. Then they had to figure out who will get the second ticket and Steven said he will cut a paper in the shape of the ticket and who ever got the ticket will go to the circus with Steve. I was wondering why wasn't the second  person who put the most money should go.
    (168)


    ReplyDelete
  40. Title: Cirque Du Freak

    Author: Darren Shan



    I am still reading the book Cirque du freak and i'm on chapter 6.It was Friday afternoon after school and every kid was running as fast as they can home because of the freedom. There was only a group of four that was miserable. They were Steven, Leonard,Tommy,Alan, and Darren. On their way home they were talking about how the circus only sold two tickets to customer. They also were thinking who will get the two tickets out of the four of them. They all agreed that Steve should get one because he put more money in and went to buy the tickets. Then they had to figure out who will get the second ticket and Steven said he will cut a paper in the shape of the ticket and who ever got the ticket will go to the circus with Steve. I was wondering why wasn't the second  person who put the most money should go.
    (168)


    ReplyDelete
  41. I am done reading Saints at the River by Ron Rash. I would change probably the character that is in the river because I do not think that they should use a human, they should have used an animal though. There is nothing much you can change really. In the beginning of the book, they talked about the people work and what they did. I would probably take that away. That does not have to do with anything with that girl dying and stuff. They found the girl and I would not call the dead girl a ghost, because she is not a ghost. Also, one of the people in the book, someone reached their hand to see about the girl. I do not think that is right, the story was really weird but good. I do not want to change anything else because it is a good story.
    By Anastasia Ehlers

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am reading Lockdown: Escape from Furnace by Alexander Gordon Smith. If I were the author of the book, I would change parts of the story. I would've wanted one of the characters, Donovan to live. He was killed on the night before they escaped the prison and he was one of my favorite characters in the whole book. I would've rather had one of the more minor characters like Toby die before Donovan did. He played a much larger role in the plan, and Alex's life, so it would have been nice to see if what he would do in the rest of the books of the series. I also wouldn't have made Gary go along with them in the plan. I don't feel like he was a big character and I don't feel like he is ever going to contribute anything major to the story. I feel like the author just wanted to add an extra antagonist into the story other than Furnace's monsters and the Warden.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am reading the underdogs by Mike lupica. We are in the sixth week of the season and they have not only surprised their town but, also me. They are five and one and rolling and it doen't look like anybodys going to slow them down. Their winning games by an average margin of twenty-one points, which is three touchdowns. I just can't believe their doing this well. I can't wait to find out what happens later in the season. These guys have earned everything, nou doubt. They took nothing and turned it into something. These guys have the heart of a lion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read the directions; you didn't answer the question!

      Delete
  44. I'm reading Out of the Dark by Quinn Loftis. My favorite part of the whole book is when Decebel finds Jennifer. My worst part of the whole book was probably after the Blood Rites when Jen dies and that is the part I would change if I was Loftis. Though I don't know exactly how I would change that part since it is vital to the story. I would probably make Pary get to Jen sooner in her death so the others wouldn't think that Jennifer is completely dead and then not have Decebel think that he will have to kill himself. That is what I would do if I was Quinn. (112)

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am finishing Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. If I was the author of this book, I wouldn't change much at all. The point of views throughout the book was kind of confusing but I got used to it. This author has written many good books but I enjoyed this one the best. It just seemed like I knew the life of each other the characters and the plot went very smoothly. So finally, the book is great and it has been a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Divergent by Veronica Roth. If I was the of this book I would change the part when the Mom and Dad risk their lives and die for Beatrice their daughter. I would love to let the parents live and also would not make them leave their family to be in a faction that they would stay in for the rest of their lives. These next finishing chapters are about one of her friends. Al dies on a rope that he is hung with. This is sad to me because he wanted to die and Beatrice also called Tris knew him as a friend. She was really sad and mad about what happened to Al. Also she had to do a very long zip line across at lot of the city and then landed right on time. Then she was ranked for first place in Dauntless. I like that she was ranked for first place which means she qualified for another round. Then people figure out that Four and Tris are Divergent and the main people in charge want to kill them. So I hope that they survive and do not get killed. Then Four and Tris get separated and the as they were going to shoot her Mom came and saves her just in time before she gets shot by the bad people. I like that her mom came and saved her so she could live. Then the Mom dies after she save her and so does the Dad he dies to help save her too. I do not like that both parents died on the same day and that is was so sad. The book Divergent by Veronica Roth.

    ReplyDelete
  47. where she went by: Gayle Forman
    If I was the author i wouldn't change much, because I like the way she said everything and how the book flowed. I would have liked it if she said more about the two main characters at the end of the book. I didn't really know exactly what happened to them besides, they probably got back together. If I was the author I would have said more about them. I would have said if the two characters did officially get back together and if Adam did leave his singing carrier for Mia. Over all i thought the story was great and nothing needed to change. I liked how the author put everything together and made things happen the way they did.

    ReplyDelete
  48. White fang by jack london. The dogs lost their leader to a gun, after the alpha had attacked the two and killed bill, he was shot by henry and left for cold/dead. The grammar in the book is fine but they use weird words such as yak d'ye and y'know. But the book is overall fantastic i finished it last week and i recommend it to all people who like wolves and stuff the many theme behind the book was to work as a group if you escape as a group and don't give up or to enemies. I would change the grammar and the point of views instead of it going back and forth it waits intill halfway to show other sides view.

    ReplyDelete
  49. The Lord of the Flies
    by: William Golding
    There is many things I wish would have changed in the story. I would mainly change how everyone in the island doesn't get along. I wish everyone got along and they worked together to get off the island instead of creating more problems by everyone not getting along and then they are fighting. I wish that they worked together and they found cool stuff and explored the island instead of Jack splitting off of Ralph because Jack wanted to be the leader but Ralph was chosen the leader. There are other things that I want to change but there are some things I liked about the book. I like the beginning a lot because it is very useful for knowing what you might think might happen in the beginning of the book. This is what I wish would change if I was the author.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am currently reading It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. This book is about a boy named Craig who develops a depression and wants to commit suicide. Later in the book, he gets put into the adult mental ward at the hospital because the teen ward is full. If I was the author if this book, I would have put Craig in a teen ward, not the adult one. I would have done this to make the book a little more relatable for teenagers. Even though this book is for teenagers, I think this would further engage them in the story. Also, if I were the author of this book, I would add chapters from the perspectives of other patients in the hospital. I think this would be a good way to get to know the characters and learn about their lives and stories. In conclusion, I am enjoying this book a lot and can’t wait to finish it.
    (162 words)

    ReplyDelete
  51. I finished reading The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex. This book was so great and I am so happy that I read it. The author has a great point of view and one of the best sense of humor's I had ever read in an actual book. He put everything together so well in the end and I am so excited to see the movie that is coming out in May of 2015. If I were the author of this book I would not change a thing. It was extremely well written and this is the kind of book that makes me want to read more. I admit I do not read much but I would definantly read more if there were more books like this.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I am reading The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. In chapter one Digory meets Polly when he moves in with his aunt Letty and uncle Andrew. He moves in because his mother is terribly ill and his father is working in India. Digory's aunt and uncle live together as brother and sister and are both unmarried. Polly lives next door and she and Digory become friends quickly. They explore the house and find uncle Andrew doing his secret study. They try to be quiet and watch but they get caught by him. The kids get scared and are trapped in The study with uncle andrew. Then uncle Andrew tells polly to touch a golden ring and she disappears. Then him and Digory are alone together.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Uncle Andrew's experiment has worked, and Polly has vanished out of this world. Uncle Andrew tells Digory that he has sent her to another world. Digory's godmother had given Uncle Andrew a secret box before she died, but he did not burn it as she had requested. Uncle Andrew didn't open the box for a long time. He found that the box was from the lost city of Atlantis. Uncle Andrew also began studying magic and so he came to have an idea of what was in the box. The box contained something that had been brought from another world when this one was just beginning.

    ReplyDelete