Monday, November 17, 2014

Blog Due 11/21/2014

Respond to the following: What is the author saying about life in this book?

1) Read a chunk of your book (about a chapter or so) - ten to twenty pages should do.
2) Put the book down and don't pick it back up until you have posted your blog.
3) THINK about one thing you want to focus your blog on.
4) WRITE an organized paragraph with a topic sentence, body, and concluding sentence. Shoot for 6-10 sentences in length.

No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -10

52 comments:

  1. In Ironhand, Charlie Fletcher, (the author) stresses a lot about the fact that the main characters in his book, Eddie and George, are from two different backgrounds, which says a few things. I think he wants you to realize that your situation could always get worse. The reason I think this is his outlook on life is because the two main characters, George and Eddie, are very different. For an example, George lives in a reasonably sized house with his mom. Eddie, lives on the streets, killed her dad, and her mom is dead. (I'm pretty sure.) this goes to show how things could always get worse because at one point in the book, Eddie goes to George's house and she says "Wow you live in a mansion!" George responds with, "My house is not that big!" This is a great example because George probably thought that he was living a bad life, but I bet when he met Eddie, he sees things differently. In conclusion, all of my examples show how Charlie Fletcher shows his point of view in the book Ironhand.
    (180 words), roughly
    -Sydni Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book I am now reading is the Maze Runner by James Dasner. The book starts off with the main character, Thomas, being lifted in an elevator type thing but it is completely dark and he doesn't remember a thing. It seems like forever until he finally reaches the top of wherever he is going, and the bright light stuns his eyes. He is totally confused at where he is or who he is. He knows his name but knows nothing about his past and where he came from. And Read my next blog to find out more. If I were in Thomas’ shoes I would be totally freaked out. I don’t know how I would be able to handle myself without knowing who I am or where I am from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. World war z by: max brooks Brooks is careful to be as culturally accurate as he can in World War Z. Case in point: cultures such as China, Japan, and Korea put the family name first and the individual's name second. For example, Thomas Jefferson would be Jefferson Thomas. And the story starts out by a person interviewing lots of people about the zombie apocalypse and how it got started and this one person named brain Dawkins talks and then the story starts about his life and then the story goes into his early life and how china was the super power of the world and how he grown up practically in the army and then it goes into how he just received a call and he hoped sarcastically that there was someone dying he got what wanted but much worst though. There were villagers who wounds but they couldn't feel ant pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week I read Xenocide by Orson Scott Card

    I think the author is trying to say that sometimes people become corrupted with power and they need to be kicked out of power. I think this because that is what is happening with Congress in the book. They are becoming power obsessive and are manipulating people to follow them and do what they say. They are making the people their slaves, and that’s why Valentine is still keeping up with being Demosthenes, to tell people that congress is becoming more and more power corrupt. I also think he is saying that sometimes rebellion is a good thing, in order to stop corrupted people in power.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting to read Chapter 5 of Tiger Force. In this chapter the platoon of Tiger force stayed back in the valley and denied to get in the helicopter. In 1967 most of american soilders were fighting over huge and steep hills for dominance. If they lost they recovered and fought again, untill they got the hill. This strategy was like a suicide mission for The U.S. Army. The tigers were sent on their first mission, it was to escort high value people. The tigers began their mission and escorted most of the villagers from the area into transport helis. The tigers were trained to not lose their ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still reading The Compound by S.A. Bodeen. I am on chapter 13. Last week, I made several predictions, but there are new developments. First, Elis dad opened the door in his office for Elli. There was a really bright light. Inside is a lab where he constructs people. Eli was freaked out about it. Then his dad asked for his help. My prediction is that Eli will help his dad because he is curious about the project. I have no idea why the dad is trying to construct humans. I am not sure if he is cloning them or make robots. It will be interesting to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reading if I stay by Gayle Foreman I am really in to this book I really like the character Mia she seems like she would be a really nice person. Mia is my favorite character she is really honest and nice. I chose to write about her because so far in this book she likes really relates to my friends and I like that about her. If she was real I would love to be her friend because she is so honest. If Mia and I were friends I could tell her anything because I know that I would be able to trust her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The selection
    By, Kiera Cass
    4b
    In chapter one and two it talks about how America does not want to sign in to the selection. I would have loved to sign into the selection. Her mom wants her to because her family needs it to be able to get in a higher number. America wants to stay with Aspen because she loves him and Aspen loves her. Aspen told America to try it out and go into the selection or he will regret her not trying. If I was is that situation I would go ahead and sign and register for going in to the selection. The selection is all about meeting Prince Maxon and maybe gets married to him

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Scorch Trails James Dashner: This book is not very realistic but it still has some realistic characteristics. This book shows that you need to keep calm in tough situations and stay close with the ones you trust. This can be dangerous but you must learn to tell if you can trust someone. The Gladers have lost all memory of their pasts and in the beginning they do not know who to trust. Because of this they become more mature than average children their age and build their own community within the maze. Outside the maze however they still keep themselves organized with positions such as leader and they trust each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am reading White fang by Jack London, Jack London is trying to say that everyone depends on another to help, and survive in dangerous situations or conflict and not to fight one another. The wolves left their master because food was low. Meaning they would leave their masters for death. They looked and hunted for food as a pack and working together. The humans aka masters did live and where not in the story again. Story about life in this book is to not give up and to stay strong and that life is short.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am reading The Compound by S.A Bodeen. I believe the author is talking about life by how you’re not guaranteed another day into this cruel life. This book displays an atomic bomb exploding. With the event of the atomic bomb, the main character was forced into a compound so the life he once knew is gone. I believe the author displays this well as the main character now has depression. He used to be happy but now he literally lost all the joy in his life. This is a great book of misfortune and excitement on every single page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am currently reading The Fault in Our Stars by: John Green. I feel like the author is saying that life should be taken for granted and that you should make the most out of it at any chance that you can. I feel like he portrays this by Hazel and Augustus going to Amsterdam for their "wish". The author talks has characters where they almost have died like Hazel Grace when she was 13. Throughout the book so far she has taken life for granted and is thinking about doing the most that she can while she can, This book is filled with quotes and saying where the author wants to say to the readers that life is very beautiful and you should want to do the most of it while you have it, because you only do live once.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am reading Allegiant by Veronica Roth. In chapters six, seven and eight a lot happens. First while walking down a hall, Tris sees a former Candor member getting bullied by some factionless people for, “violating the dress code”. Tris gives the boy a blue scarf and tells the factionless people to leave him alone. Later, Tris is approached by some people that call themselves the “allegiant”. Tris is told to come to a meeting at Candor headquarters later that night, and to bring some of her dauntless friends with her. At the meeting, Tris is introduced to Christina’s Mom and Sister and she hears that the allegiant’s plans are to separate from Evelyn and the rest of the factionless and leave the city. I believe that Veronica Roth is trying to tell people that in life there are always going to be rebels and bullies, but you have to trust Veronica Roth is trying to tell people that in life there are always going to be rebels and bullies, but you have to trust our instinct. (177 words)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lord of the Flies
    William Golding
    I am reading Lord of the Flies and the author talks a lot in this book. The author talks about what the kids are doing and how they got here. He explains what there live has been life and what affected there life because of them crashing on the island. Right now in the book the author is not talking much because the characters are talking a lot about what they have done and what they need to do to survive. The author has explained what there personalities are and how it made them crash on this island now. Lets see what the author talks about life next.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This week I have started to read The Twenty-One Balloons by William Pene du Bois. This book teaches a valuable lesson that should be recognized by everyone. It teaches the audience that loyalty to a group of people that you trust with all of your heart is more important than anything anyone can throw at you. If you take these other things from people you barely know, you begin to break away and becoming someone who gave in. You miss all of the gifts and friendships that you could have had. The life lesson here is that loyalty can and is more important than fame and money.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. what has happened in the book so far is when katniss tells about how she skewered the apple in the pigs mouth with her arrow, Effie trinket isn't happy, but haymitch is dying of laughter. Katniss thinks she's going to get a bad score,but she has an eleven. After that they get ready for their interviews, but peeta wants to be trained separately which katniss feeling betrayed. The author says that life in the Hunger Games is terrible in the districts especially district 12 except life in the capital is awesome. The only districts that aren't so terrible are 1,2, and 4 while 12 and others aren't as nice as theirs. The Capital on the other hand, gets all the food they want, they're rich, and they don't get to compete in the the games to fight to the death, they watch it instead. So in conclusion about what the author is saying is better district or not, the game will only have one winner, a victor, of the games.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to focus on Artemis Fowl and his family. His mom is an ill woman that’s a bit crazy. She talks to herself and makes a doll out of pillows and tuxedos to talk to. She has terrible memory and calls Artemis her servant. I don’t understand why Artemis doesn’t put her in a mental hospital or somewhere safer than her being in her bed all day. Another thing is that Artemis is completely thrown off when his sister Juliet told Artemis that his dad might be home. He is always so concentrated on his mission to find gold but when he hears his dad might me home he kinda freaks out. I think he has either good memory’s about him or none at all and maybe that’s one of Artemis’s weak spots because he doesn’t have many.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Scorch Trials
    By: James Dashner
    I am on Chapter 11 in the Scorch Trials and the Rat Man is explaining that it is an experiment. I think that the author is trying to say that life has lost all in humanity and killing people just seems normal. Rat Man says that the Maze was just phase 1, now they have to do phase 2 of the experiment. The Flare, the disease that has killed many on Earth, and sun flares have destroyed much of the population of humans. Rat Man then says the worst thing ever, that all the Gladers have the Flare and have not started to show symptoms because the disease takes awhile to affect the host. He says that if you want to survive and get the cure, then make it to the safe haven. He says, “There are no rules. There are no guidelines. You have few supplies, and there’s nothing to help you along the way. Go through the Flat Trans at the time indicated. Find open air. Go one hundred miles, directly north, to the safe haven. Make it or die.” I think that phase 2 is going to worse and that the Gladers are going to have to fight Cranks and kill each other to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am almost done with the book Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. I think the author is saying that life can throw you lots of surprises. Life will go in the direction you do not always want to go in. When you choose to do something, life may not always allow you to do it. Life can be full of disappointments, especially for me. I have experienced lots of disappointments. Anyways, I think that the author is telling you to expect the unexpected. Always be ready for anything. Life really is full of surprises, but you can always push past the problems and keep moving. Never give up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. In this book the author is trying to portray the idea of communism I think. The reason I think this is because every year they make people go into an arena and fight to the death. I think the government is trying to take over. In chapter one this is where they introduce everyone and they pick the people to be in the hunger games. What I thought was kind of a coincidence is that Katniss gives Prim a mocking jay to say you won’t get hurt and she ends up getting picked for the hunger games. I am curious to see what will happen next after Prim has been chosen for the hunger games.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am currently reading It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. In this book, the main character ,Craig, is depressed, so the author is talking about life in an interesting way. I think the main thing the author is saying about life is that it's not always good. The way that Craig thinks and interacts really makes you think about stuff in a different way. I also think he tries to say that different people value life differently. For example, Craig's friend Aaron loves and enjoys life and is very happy, but Craig's depression is severe and he attempts to kill himself, showing that he doesn't value his life. In conclusion, life means different things to different people.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just read chapter 5 and 6 of "The city of Ashes" by Cassandra Clare. Jace has been in the prisons of the Silent City. While he was down there, he witnesses the murder one of the Silent Brothers. It turns out that Valentine killed him. I wasn't surprised to hear this because I expected Valentine to do something like this. Clary, Alec, and Isabel go to the Silent City because they got a call from one of the Silent Brothers saying there was an attack. They break Jace out only to find two of the Silent Brothers dead. These chapters came to an end when they come out of the City and get caught by the other Shadowhunters. I think that they will explain what happened and then they won't get in trouble. I think that the author is trying to say that there is more to life than dying.
    "City of Bones"
    Cassandra Clare
    Chapters 5&6

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mockingjay, by Suzanne Collins. Katniss has just seen Peeta on broadcast having an interview with Caesar. Peeta calls for a cease-fire; which I have no clue what that is?? Katniss wonders why Peeta would say that because it’s not like him, so she asks Gale and he says “Katniss . . . he’s still trying to keep you alive.” And that’s when she realizes the games are still on. I ask myself will they ever get peace. What is Katniss going to do? Is she going to lay low or fight back, most likely she is and she is. She is going to be the “Mockingjay.”

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am currently reading Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. Life in the book is very rude and painful. The people that surround their lives use horrible language and tend to tease people. Mostly everyone bullies Eleanor but nobody messes with Park because he’s a kid that nobody wanted to mess with. Park to me is a bully but not the kind of bully that teases people. He’s the kind that doesn't want to mess with anyone but won’t let anyone mess with him either. Eleanor on the other hand is the complete opposite. She gets teased throughout her whole life. I feel really bad for her because he step-dad isn't very friendly but neither are the kids at school. I wouldn't say her life is a disaster but it’s certainly close to one. The only people that care about Eleanor are her little brother Mouse and Park. The girls in her PE class are truly bullies. They play cruel tricks and make fun of her all the time. She cries almost every time but she waits until the girls leave the locker room. Eleanor hasn't fought back with the girls but I think she will. Nobody can take that much pain without fighting back one day.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am reading Saints at the River by Ron Rash. Life is hard every now and then and easy other time. The author is talking about how when a person dies, you will have bad times but you will get through it. You will also have fights with your family and your family will have a divorce sometimes. Sometimes surprises will come; they can be good ones and horrible ones. He does not really talk about life that much. Sometimes in life, you will have hard time in work and maybe making money. They have finally found the body and the Greenville News have recorded it and found the truth. It is kind of hard talking about life because the author focuses mostly on the people and what they will do with the body.

    Anastasia Ehlers

    ReplyDelete
  26. Divergent by Veronica Roth. So the answer to the question is that you are your own person no what path or choice you will come along to. Also do not follow a person you know if it is not the right choice for you. So the next couple of chapters are about how Four one of her instruction leaders in Dauntless give her some tests on her fears to challenge her. This is good because she learns how to face and control her fears and the bad part is that she will also be scared at first of her fears and overcome them. She also makes some new friends in the Dauntless faction. She (Tris) has friends like a best friend girl named Christina, and a guy friend named Al and meets Four. I like that Tris made new friends and that she is not all alone in her faction she choose. Also she had to do more challenging stunts. Also she had to fight people for a good ranking. I do not like that she has to fight people some of which she does not know. So Tris makes it past stage one and is now on stage two. So seven people moved on to the next round. So this is so chapters I read in the book Divergent by Veronica Roth.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am currently reading "The Rescue", by Nicholas Sparks. I think he is trying to say that family is the most important aspect of anybody's life. I researched into this book, and found that it was inspired by his own life and is the most personal book he has ever written. Sparks really goes into depth on the topic of family, and how it means the most. Denise and Kyle are the best of friends, and all they have are eachother. Denise lost her parents and never really had close friends. She isn't married, and every boy she dated walked out on her. So the main point comes down to the fact that although friends are great, it is very rare that they will last a lifetime. However, family lasts forever and will never end. It is a very powerful and moving book and it means alot more now that I know it is based off of true events and feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am reading The Underdog by Mike Lupica. Wills' school is still struggling with financial problems for new gear and uniforms. In the mean time Will and his friends focused on playing football. They played all after noon.after one game they would switch teams and start over. I like how their trying to have fun while having a little struggle, their making the most of it. Will is so open minded and charismatic, we are kind of alike if you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The book that I am currently reading is called Paper Towns by John Green. A lot has happened the last time I had blog and now Quentin, the main character, along with his friends Lacey, Radar, and Ben, have found Margo, who had disappeared at the beginning of the book. The way that Quentin sees life, is that everyone has a miracle, or a good luck thing, and his was living next to Margo, which led to them becoming childhood friends. Another thing that he says to describe life, or a person, is a simile comparing strings and the individual parts that makes a person who they are. At the beginning of the book, where both Margo and Quentin had found a dead body, had later discovered that it had been a mentally unstable thirty-six year old named Robert Joyner, who had been getting a divorce, and was becoming depressed because of it. Margo says that all of the 'strings', or what made him the person that he was, were falling apart. This also made Quentin think the same way, that everyone has certain strings that pull them together, and that if they broke, so would the person. Overall, I only have a few more pages in the book, and can't wait to find out how the outcome will be.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The main Character from The Last Dog on Earth, Logan Moore had a pretty bad life. His father abandoned him when he was little and he hated his mother and step- father. His parents were annoying to him by nagging that “hate” is a strong word, but he didn’t care. He also hated the Wallaces’ and their dog named Otis. Maybe his father abandoning him was why he was so hateful. When his step- father saw his behavior, he wanted him to have a dog just like Otis which was pretty selfish. I feel sorry for him that had a real tough life. (103 words)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am currently reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, I am still in the beginning of the book, so I have not really gotten much out of it meaning-wise. However, from what I have read, I can possible make an inference as to what it is. My best guess is that the author is trying to say that even though bad things happen, you can still live. There are going to be bumps in the road, and you can not change that. The best you can do is look on the bright side of life, instead of focusing on the dark side. This is what I have gotten based on what I have read of the book so far.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am reading Middle School Save Rafe! BY, James Patterson. I am really getting into this book, it is so good, and it keeps me reading it I can’t put this book down! In this series Rafe is a trouble maker but is also a good kid, he was kicked out of his first school for breaking to many rules. But now that the art school he went to is shutting down he has to go back to his original school he was kicked out of. The principal hates him there because he got in trouble so many times so she is making Rafe go to a summer camp for a week that will supposedly make him a better kid, and Rafe has to do it because there are no other schools around he can go to.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Title: Across the Universe
    Author: Beth Revis
    Matthew Fowler
    11/21/14

      Life or living can be defined in multiple ways depending on the situation the people or creatures are facing and what they have experienced while growing. While one’s life may seem normal to you or myself, it may not seem normal to others who have been through different circumstances and that is what authors like to do with their novels. They will either try to make it seem normal to the reader or totally different. For example, in the book I am currently reading the author focuses on the life of a crew as they travel through space on ship called Godspeed. For some reason they were woken up and a sort plague spread through out the ship, but on the ship everyone is the same. They all have the same skin color, hair color, eye color, etc... Though if I was to compare that to my way of life it is different, I don’t see people with the same features. Everyone is different in their own way. The crew also don’t have a religion or belief, when they looked at the history they have on Earth they question how such systems worked. They also questioned why everyone was different to each other compared to them when they all have the same features. Basically someones life can be affected by circumstances and they can have a life style that is totally different to us or similar.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am reading When It Happens by Susane Colasanti. Okay, so turns out that the two POV is still the same which is good but I mistaken Dave for Tobey. So Tobey is the other main character other than Sara. I read two chapters from the POVs from both of them so it makes sense. It was lunch time and Sara sat with her friends obviously and Dave (the cutest guy at the school who is a jock) went up to her and talked to her friends and all. Sara was blushing and went to get juice and then ran into Tobey. It was awkward for just a second but then she went back to her table. Her friends left Dave and her alone and he asked her to the movies. She was extremely happy and couldn't believe he asked her out. On Tobey's side he was so nervous to talk to her but he did. Tobey seems to not like Dave because he is so good with all the girls and is bothered by it. He is extremely bothered when Dave flirts with Sara that is for sure. This was a short little chapter but still contained a lot of detail which I always enjoy.I am still enjoying the plot of this story and what is going on so far. To answer the question or the blog today, the author is saying life is full of emotions and obstacles that will get in the way of what you want. Sometimes you don't understand why you feel that way or even why it isn't turning out good for you but it happens anyways. Life isn't fair all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I finished Lockdown: Escape From Furnace by Alexander Gordon Smith. In the book I think Alexander is trying to show that life in prison is scary. I think he was over exaggerating a bit, but I think he was trying to show that it isn't all sunshine and rainbows in there. There are going to be people who want to hurt you in prison, and you may be stuck there for the rest of your life. And just like the people in the book, they lose hope, and you just become lifeless. I think he had this maybe pointed at teens, because all the inmates were teens and Furnace was created for teenage criminals after the Summer of Slaughter, when tons of teenage gangs killed hundreds. He might be showing that teens are getting more violent and need to realize the consequences of their actions and that it could ruin their lives in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Currently I am reading Poseidon’s Arrow by Clive Cussler. I think that the Spanish wanted something off the Drake. I suspect they are going trick Gunn into handing over their supplies. Is Pablo going to kill Gunn? I think they still have a way to get back their stuff. They might sneak up on them and take all back. I think Ann might be able to get off the submersible without being caught. Could the crate fall into the wrong hands? Pablo got the crate back out of the water. I think that Pitt and Gunn are in a lot of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am still reading The Mist by Stephen King, and I'm starting to get a little bit more excited about this book because it is getting more exciting. So I am pretty happy about that. In the book a character has died from this weird octopus creature that was out in the mist and that scene was a little intense so that was a good thing. I actually have a little more interest in continuing the read now. But I still have yet to read, Im not sure if the book will get less exciting which it most likely won't, but maybe it might.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello Ms. Watson,
    I have continued reading Three Graves full by Jamie Mason.
    I believe what the author of this book, Jamie Mason, is trying to say about life, is that you can never be too careful with it, and to be cautious with whom you trust. I believe the author shows this through almost scaring the reader by creating this story in the book and a specific example of this would be when Detective Bayard automatically rules out Jason when thinking of possible suspects for the murder of Leah's fiancee, even though Leah's fiancee was buried in Jason's backyard. Deyecyive Bayard trusted Jason so he suspecting innocent people for a crime in which they didn't commit. This is why I think the author is trying to make the readers question how easily they trust people in life. I still really enjoy this book and as I am approaching the ending, I am getting more interested chapter by chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The Giver by Lois lowery well the book is a but this utopia that is basically perfect and the city has jobs assign to people and ever thing perfect every one looks dresses and talks the same has the same amount of kids same mount of parents and every one has the same amount of memories but there's one person called the giver that get the worst memories and all the great ones and he wants to change the way the utopia is because he doesn't think that its fair so he is going to something that will change how ever thing is looked at in the stories

    ReplyDelete
  40. The Giver by Lois Lowery The Giver is about a society that is supposed to be perfect some what of a utopia. Were every one looks the same . wears the same thing and follows the same rules and every body has memory's of good things the giver is the only one that nose and remembers the bad things and the new giver whose name is Jonas. he wants every thing to be normal so he oops all most told you .

    ReplyDelete
  41. Mocking Jay
    by: Suzanne Collins
    The author in Mocking Jay describes life in the districts as a cruel world were starvation is likely, but in the capital it is full of excitement and entertainment and there is food for everyone. When the hunger games begin and you are in it life is a constant fear. A fear of someone bashing your face in with a brick or getting shot with an arrow and of course the usual, starvation. If you win however, you will be rewarded with riches and food for a lifetime, although your mind will be hurt forever such as Hamitch that started to drink his life away and that is how he forgets what happened to him.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I have started reading a new book called The Divide written by Elizabeth Kay. I have just started the book and Felix, the main character has a life threatening heart condition. His parents shelter him from the world, but Felix does not appreciate it. He wants to get out and be normal, even though he can not. I have not read enough to completely be sure, I think the author is saying that no matter what holds you back, you can still be great. I think Felix will overcome his illness. I am anxious to continue reading to find out if my predictions are true.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Drive-By
    By: Harper Trophy

    Today I finished the book Drive-By. It had a very climatic ending. Tito's friend Gus is trying to get Tito to join the gang that he is in, but Tito isn't going for because he remembers what Jimmy told him which is not to be a gangbanger. Tito is scared to decline, the gang's leader Ice Breaker Joe is wanting Tito to find something his brother Jimmy had hid from them. Tito doesn't know what he is talking about but he agrees anyway. So Tito wakes up in the middle of the night because he knew his brother Jimmy always went other the house for a suspicious reason. So Tito crawls under his old house with a flash light and finds a suit case full of money and a note which told Tito to keep Mina and his Mom safe and move away from the terrible place there living in.

    CJ Moore
    4B

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am reading the book The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. In this chapter Edward was found in the dumpster by a young boy. The boy took Edward home for his sister who was dying of cancer. Edward at first couldn’t really understand what was going on. He thought the sister was just gross. He didn’t understand that she was sick and dying. They couldn’t do anything to save her because they were struggling to even bring food to the table every night. Edward wasn’t used to this he was used to the long dinner table and not being to see over the edge but when his girl picked him up he could see it was filled from end to end with food. He stayed with them for a while. This shows that he was happier with a different life style but still made it work. He was people’s toy, but he wanted his original owner he didn’t love the people as much as her. He was a accepting person which is nice, because not a lot of kids can do adapt to different places like he can. He had a hard life.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am reading the book The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. In this chapter Edward was found in the dumpster by a young boy. The boy took Edward home for his sister who was dying of cancer. Edward at first couldn’t really understand what was going on. He thought the sister was just gross. He didn’t understand that she was sick and dying. They couldn’t do anything to save her because they were struggling to even bring food to the table every night. Edward wasn’t used to this he was used to the long dinner table and not being to see over the edge but when his girl picked him up he could see it was filled from end to end with food. He stayed with them for a while. This shows that he was happier with a different life style but still made it work. He was people’s toy, but he wanted his original owner he didn’t love the people as much as her. He was a accepting person which is nice, because not a lot of kids can do adapt to different places like he can. He had a hard life.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Lord of the Flies
    William Golding

    The author is trying to display how you need to survive in life in a specific way. He explains through the characters that there will be hardships in your survival and you will have to put your self to the test to survive. In the story through narration he explains how the characters need to survive and what life would be like if you were stuck on an island with a group of people. He says you need to fight for life and don't trust anyone or anything, you need to do what you need to do to be alive. He wants to show what life is like on a island with a group of people. He shows how hard life can be.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am currently reading It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. This book is about a boy named Craig who develops a depression and wants to commit suicide. Later in the book, he gets put into the adult mental ward at the hospital because the teen ward is full. If I was the author if this book, I would have put Craig in a teen ward, not the adult one. I would have done this to make the book a little more relatable for teenagers. Even though this book is for teenagers, I think this would further engage them in the story. Also, if I were the author of this book, I would add chapters from the perspectives of other patients in the hospital. I think this would be a good way to get to know the characters and learn about their lives and stories. In conclusion, I am enjoying this book a lot and can’t wait to finish it.
    (162 words)

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am reading the underdogs by Mike Lupica. As the season is approaching around the corner Will could not be any more ready. Although their equipment is not the best their still ready to go out and win. That shows that they have heart and pride. I hope they win their first game it would bring their home town a lot of joy. I look forward to more of their games and how they play. The season is just one week away and Will is ready but, he doesn't think the other kids are. We will see next week...

    ReplyDelete
  49. I guess what Quinn Loftis,the author of the book I'm currently reading Out of the Dark, is trying to say about life is that we need to grab at the chance to take control or responiblity of some thing in life, that you shouldn't let people drag you down even when you got pushed down a cliff, broke two ribs, and to top it off found out that your soul mate doesn't remember who you are. Another thing that Quinn might be trying to say is that when someone tries to push you down that you need to get back up and fight with twice the amount of strength you had before. Not just that but you to have friends and family stand behind you knowing that they have your back no matter what. These are just some of things that Quinn Loftis might be trying to say about life.
    ps. Ms.Watson I remember doing this blog but it says I didn't so I copied it from the word counter site just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  50. This week I finished reading the third chapter of the book mocking jay of the hunger game series written by Suzanne Collins. In this chapter she talks with people to make a plan to make sure that Peeta is okay and to rescue him. A lot like the second chapter they just sit around and talk instead of fighting nonstop like the first couple of books. It’s still interesting but I think it would be a lot better if she added in some fighting. I have a feeling that since the first books had so much action that this one will too further into the book.

    ReplyDelete
  51. e blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan. I think the author is trying to say that in life there are tons of hardships deaths war everything but I think he's also trying to say that you need to look in the small things because that is what makes life beautiful and that we all need to focus on life on the present instead of what lies ahead and that family counts.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I finished the book "The True Meaning of Smekday" by Adam Rex. I Think he was trying to tell everyone to always keep going and you can do anything you set your mind to. I also think he was trying to say no matter how hard you fall, you can always get back up and try again. I admired the entire story line for it's humor and it's very widely stretched vocabulary. I think it added a lot to the overall message. I also enjoyed the characters' point of view on life and their surroundings. I loved this book and would definately recommend to anyone interested in reading a great book.

    ReplyDelete