Directions: From what you've read so far, make predictions about what will happen next and explain what in the text makes you think it will happen.
1) Read a chunk of your book (about a chapter or so) - ten to twenty pages should do.
2) Put the book down and don't pick it back up until you have posted your blog.
3) THINK about one thing you want to focus your blog on.
4) WRITE an organized paragraph with a topic sentence, body, and concluding sentence. Shoot for 6-10 sentences in length.
No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -10
This week I am still reading Hero by Mike Lupica. I am on the 12th chapter and I am still really liking it and am still very impressed by his way of writing this book. I like this book a lot because I love Mike Lupica and this book is very different to what we are used to seeing him write. It is very different and very exciting to see Lupica possibly getting into some new styles of writing. Maybe he shouldn't write any more of this style book because they may not be as good as this and he may also get away from writing sports novels as well, which I really enjoy reading. Im excited to see what he may do in the future.
ReplyDeleteGood thoughts, but Marc, read the directions!
DeleteI am now reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I've been introduced to Hazel Grace and her family. She is a very sick teenage cancer patient. She has been through a lot. She joins a support group of kind of different cancer patients. I predict she will meet and get to know Augustus soon. I also think that she will learn the importance of her life and the value of others. I predict Hazel Grace will come to realize that she isn't the only person going through what she is going through. I think Hazel Grace will fall crazy for Augustus and never want to let him go. I think she may get sick later and it'll give her another realization about how important life is.
ReplyDeleteExcellent!!!
DeleteI'm reading Out of the Dark by Quinn Loftis. In the beginning of the book a witch casted a curse of Decibel to forget his mate and to forget all the memories after the most horrible day of his life which is the day he lived. His mate Jennifer has been almost killed but a Gypise Healer found her before she passed away. Fortunately Jen and Decibel have the connection through their minds thats allows them to be able to hear each others thoughts. So far they have not found each other and I really wonder if they will, because I really hope that they will. I also want to know how Decibel will get his memories back, will he get them back if he dies the Blood Rites with Jennifer? I guess I will have to continue to read to find out!
ReplyDeleteMake sure you read the directions and answer the question!
Deletein my book that i read so far i can predict that someone will do something stupid, either green or Ybarra. i can say that Ybarra will because i know that he loves to get in fights. He's gonna get in a fight at the army camp, or in the middle of a mission. Green will try to stop Ybarra from getting him or someone else hurt.
ReplyDeleteTyler, you need to tell us the author and title and also please keep an eye on your word count!
DeleteSo far Artemis and Holly got into combat. Artemis captured her but before she went unconscious Holly was dumbfounded by how he knew she was a fairy and why she was there. I suspect that Holley’s commander will send out troops to go find Holley and Artemis will probably be aware and capture them as well as the gold. I think that the tree that Artemis is at is only going to lead him to other clues to direct him to the gold. Or the gold could be distributed around the world. I think this because there are many sites that match the description of the tree and bend of the river so all the other locations could possibly have gold.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget author and title!
DeleteI am still reading the Fault in our Stars by John Greene. Now they are gotten home they are still attending the support group. They are still dating, but what Augustus' hasn't told Hazel that his cancer has come back. Hazel is shocked when he tells her the news, but they still continue their relationship. Then something horrible happen to Augustus, he starts getting really sick from the cancer and is but into a hospital. then he becomes better but is still not able to drive or be normal again, then one night Augustus wants to go out to get a pack of cigarettes from the gas station. while he is driving he finds one of the tubes that was put in him has become infected. He calls Hazel and begs her to come and help her with out calling his parents. When hazel gets there she sees that it is too infected so she calls 911, but he begs her not to but she does anyways. They both go to the emergency room and Augustus just keeps getting bad news, he realizes that he is not going to live much longer so he asks Hazel and his best friend Isaac to put on his funeral with him there so he could be apart of it. So they follow his one last request. they put on a fake funeral with Augustus being apart of it. Augustus dies not long after it, Hazel and everyone else that knew him was devastated. I don't think that Augustus should have kept it a secret from Hazel. I think the book was amazing and defiantly better than the movie. This is one of my favorite books ever. I Love the love, action, disaster, and drama of it. And that is the end of the story.
ReplyDeleteMaddie, this is almost allllll summary AND you didn't read the directions! However, I am so glad that you liked the book. Please try to make your blogs about 90% your own personal thoughts about the book, and be sure to read the directions first!
DeleteI am reading the eleventh plague by jeff hirsch. I am going to compare my self to the character stephen. Stephen is brave and i am some what brave. Hes caring and so am i. He has made it through really tough times and so have i. Stephen cares about his family i do to.
ReplyDeleteChris, this is much too short. You also didn't answer the question for this week. Be sure to read the directions every time!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI am reading the book The Magician's Nephew by C. S. Lewis. I have just started reading my book. It is very interesting and a lot happened in the first few chapters. So far I can predict that something happens to the main characters. They have just entered an unknown land. I predict that the land is called Narnia and has a bunch of interesting things. I think that the two characters that have traveled to the unknown land will soon become fond of the mystery land. I can also predict that something bad with happen to the uncle that sent them to the mystery land, but it could also flip flop and he could become a "king" in the new land.
ReplyDeleteGood job. Remember a conclusion!
DeleteI am currently Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. From what I've read already, Eleanor and Park will have this relationship on the bus for a while before they take their relationship to the next level. Park's trying his best to get close to Eleanor but the thing is; she dresses like a little kid everyday. I mean, I know she's not wealthy but at least dress more mature. Although Eleanor likes Park, he doesn't know it. They always read his comics on the bus but Park has been allowing Eleanor to borrow the comics overnight and return them back the next day for a new stack of them. So finally, I think that Eleanor and Park will start a relationship secretly.
ReplyDeleteGood job!
DeleteThe Scorch Trails by James Dashner. In my book Tomas and the Gladers have confronted Teresa and Group B. Near the beginning of the book Group B was discovered which was an alternate group of subjects that were all girls. After Teresa’s disappearance, Tomas found out that he has a tattoo that says “To be killed by Group B.” Know that we actually get to see him and Tomas gets captured I wondered if Teresa is being controlled by WICKED or is just straight up betraying the Gladers for her sake. As Tomas is being dragged to their destination Teresa says that Tomas needs to trust her but afterward acts like Tomas did something to her. I personally believe that she is being mind controlled by WICKED and is constantly fighting for control. The girls in Group B act as though they do not really want to kill Tomas but they have to if they want to survive. I think that these girls are a lot like Tomas and the Gladers in that all they want is to get themselves and their friends to safety.
ReplyDeleteRespond to the prompt!
DeleteMy blog book is the second in the series of the Stoneheart Trilogy, called Ironhand. Ironhand is a good book to read because of the characters in it. For an example, all of the characters are relate-able to a real life personality. Instead of being these super-human characters, they are just normal people living in a weird London. In the book, the character George Chapman, is my favorite character because of how similar he is to my personality. He is nice, kind and awkward in real-world situations. He relates to me because that is the same way I would behave in a situation similar to his. Another character that is very relate-able to most people is Eddie. Eddie is similar to most people because she is full of attitude. I like the way the author does this because he wants to make the book more interesting and because he does a such a good job, it makes the book ten times better.
ReplyDelete(Sydni Simpson, 166 Words)
Respond to the prompt!
DeleteI am still reading The Fault in our Stars by John Green. Hazel arrives at home, she gets into a fight with her mom about eating, and says that she's not healthy and is dying anyway. She even says that she can't do anything about her mom not being a mother anymore after she dies. Hazel says that she wants her parents to have a life after she's gone, and her mom admits that she's taking some classes to get her master's in social work. She only hid it from her because she didn't want Hazel to think that she was imagining a life without her. Surprisingly, Hazel's totally surprised that her mom wants to be a Support Group leader and starts crying tears of happiness. Later, Hazel and her mom swear that they'll stay together even after Hazel is gone. This book has opened my, and probably others as well. Even though we have a short life on this world, doesn't mean we can't have fun while we stay here. Hazel and her mom have a special relationship that even when she does pass, they have prepared a life without her. When the book ends, I think that not too much later, Hazel will "end" too.
ReplyDeleteVery good. Less summary, please!
DeleteI am reading Allegiant by Veronica Roth. In chapters four the chapter begins with the factionless people having a revolt against all the people with factions at Erudite headquarters. Tris and Tobias interfere with the revolt to try and stop it because people are getting killed. That night, after everything has calmed down, Tris and Tobias go on a picnic on top of a tower to discuss their relationship and why Tris lied to him about working with Marcus, Tobias’s father. They also talk about what is going to happen with the factionless and how they are going to contain the situation. I predict that in the coming chapters the relationship between the factionless and the Dauntless is going to become very strained. I really look forward to seeing what happens next. (133 words)
ReplyDeleteGood job. Try giving less summary next time!
DeleteI just began to read the second book of the mortal instruments called, “City of Bones” by Cassandra Clare. It starts talking in Jace’s point of view and it is talking about how he was doing after Clary and himself found out they were brother and sister. Then it switches to Clarys point of view and back and forth. Jace’s mother returns to the institute and insists on talking to Jace. They talk about who Jaces’ father is. Clary’s point of view comes on and we learn that Jace has disappeared. I think that it was Jaces “mother” who took him away somewhere.
ReplyDeleteCity of Bones
by Cassandra Clare
Chapter 1
Make sure you read the question!
DeleteI am still reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. So far the kids have discovered a little more about boo. However they also discovered a lot about the new case their father is working on. The Tom Robinson case is truly a sad example of racism and the mistreatment African Americans got. He was convicted of something he obviously didn't commit even after the astounding testimony given by Atticus. The worst part is the treatment he got in prison. He was beaten and mistreated. Then in the end he tried to escape, but instead of being shot in the leg once he was shot all over his body about seventeen times. Is this going to affect the children's innocence and their outlook on life? I hope not.
ReplyDeleteRead the directions, Josh!
DeleteI am reading The Compound by S.A. Bodeen. It’s about a rich family who survives an atomic warfare by building a compound three stories underground. The son, Eli, is growing impatient of being underground for so long and wants to go out but the father won’t let him. I predict in future events that the father and Eli will get in a physical fight and the son will win. He will then be able to leave the compound. His mother and two sisters will have to choose who to follow, the one who made the compound or the rebellious son.
ReplyDeleteVery good!
DeleteI am reading "The Rescue" by Nicholas Sparks. So far, Taylor searched for around 5 hours to find Denise's son, Kyle. He eventually found him hidden in a duck blind which looked like a house. I think that Taylor and Denise are going to fall in love. Taylor saved Denise's child and I think she's going to realize that he is a real hero. Kyle immediately fell in love with Taylor and they get along really well, so I think that they will eventually become a happy family. One reason I believe this is because even after visiting hours were over for the hospital, Taylor still came to visit Kyle and Denise. If he didn't have feelings for her, I don't think he would have come to the hospital at 3 in the morning.
ReplyDeleteI am still reading The Compound by S.A. Bodeen I am on chapter 11. So far, the father has been keeping secrets from Eli and the family. For example, he has his music labeled, but it’s not what it seems to be. I predict that may be the father will open up more to the family and how they ended up surviving in the compound. There are way too many secrets that I predict will unfold. I also predict that the main character, Eli, will attempt to find his brother, dead or alive. He might also ask his dad since he is opening up to him.
ReplyDeleteI am reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman. This book so far is interesting I really like it. A girl named Mia wakes up one morning to snow so that means that she doesn’t have to go to school. Mia is really happy that she doesn’t have to go to school I would be really happy to if it snowed and I got to stay home. Her little brother is even happier he had a lot of caffeine and Mia thinks that he shouldn’t be having coffee. Her brother gets really hyper which I tend to get hyper a lot to when I have a lot of sugar.
ReplyDeleteMake sure you read the directions!!
DeleteI am reading The Last Dog on Earth by Daniel Ehrenhaft. Logan’s stepfather, Robert, wanted him to have a dog just like Otis to teach him a lesson to be less troublesome. Logan didn’t want it to look like Otis because he hates Otis. He wanted a dog of his own so he could let his dog ruin the barbeque cookout. I think what’s going to happen next is where Logan and his mom was at the pound and there was only one dog that wasn’t infected with the disease where it turned other dogs into demon dogs that eat other dogs. I hope this is better than the Outbreak. (110 words).
ReplyDeleteGood!
DeleteI am currently reading The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. This chapter just finished up with Percy giving the lightning bolt over to Zeus and he finally got to talk to his father which is Poseidon. He goes back to his moms and talks to her for a while but then returns to the half-blood camp and that’s the end of this book. There is a second book called Sea Of The Monsters which I will be reading next. I infer that another issue will come up when Percy will have to fight off something and save the place once again like he did in this book. I found this first book very cool and interesting and it kept me reading unlike other books where I read a few pages and lose interest. This was about a adventuress kid (like me) that goes around and fights monsters and helps people out. I wonder how the next book will turn out!
ReplyDeleteI am reading the final book of the Hunger Games, Mockingjay, by Suzanna Collins. I've just started chapter 1 and its talking about Katniss visit to district 12 and how nothing remains there, just emptiness ; bricks collapsed on the ground, “sea of grey” referring to the all the ash from the firebombs. Katniss feels as if this is all her fault. As Katniss is walking around district 12 she goes to the house where they kept the victors of district 12 and she wonders why it was left untouched and so do I. She notices something in the house “a dab of white peeks out of a vase of dried flowers on my dresser.” President Snow’s flower. Now why would there be a flower in the house and how long has it been sitting there waiting for Katniss to see it? Katniss thinks…not thinks, knows why. “It speaks of unfinished business.” I kind of think that too. I wonder what President Snow still wants with her..why cant he just leave her alone?
ReplyDeleteMockingjay, by Suzanna Collins.
Good post ,but you didn't answer the question!
DeleteThe book I'm reading is the Young Elites by Marie Lu, I just finished the book and I am not at all pleased with the ending. After the main character, Adelina, becomes an official member of the young elites; everything goes wrong. I believe that Adelina thought she had the absolute power to do anything, when all her power really did was make images. Adelina was also a traitor, and while the rest of the group was out fighting she was telling their secrets to Teren, the leader of the inquisitors. Soon into the end of the book you begin to hate Adelina and everything she does seems to get worse and worse. I also disliked the fact that my favorite character was killed by Adelina. Even though I was displeased with the main character I did enjoy the book and I liked how the author decided to show the point of view from the antagonist.
ReplyDeleteGood job! You didn't respond to the prompt but you cannot respond to this prompt at the end of a book.
DeleteI am still reading The Underdogs by Mike Lupica. So apparently this kid Will really likes school because it is the end of August (the unofficial end of summer) and Will is ready for school. I know i wouldn't be ready for school, but its funny because it wasn't for the classroom or the studying, and certainly not for the homework part. I guess Will is really like me because the only reason he wants to go to school is because its almost football season. Oh, he was ready, but the school had some financial problems so now they had to find out a way to raise money for new uniforms and other stuff. If i were in that situation i wouldn't worry so much about uniforms, i would focus on the important stuff like what do we really need to be able to play.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog Cris, but you didn't read the directions!
Delete(for November 14) – I have started reading a new book. It is written by author Clive Cussler. The title is Poseidon’s Arrow. Right now it is set in 1943, during WWII. The Barbarigo is an Italian submarine. It used to be a great warship, sinking half a dozen Allied ships. The captain, Alfonso Conti, is angry that his great submarine has been turned into a “mule.” It is now being used to send supplies to Axis forces and is no longer capable of fighting. He seems sad and angry when he talks to his first officer about it. They both feel like it was unfair to turn the boat into a supply submarine when it was still able to be sinking ships. The captain feels like a puppet “on the Fuhrer’s string.” As they stand on the deck looking up at the dark night skies just before sunrise, they hear the engines of a plane. The captain gives the order to dive, but because the ship is so full of supplies, it is slow to react. The crew run around trying to get below the surface before the plane can spot them and drop depth charges. It must be really scary to know that someone is looking for you to destroy you. If they find you, you will probably die. The crew have changed their direction, hoping to fool the plane. But… they hear the charges hitting the water around them. BOOM! BOOM! The submarine has not been hit by the charges, but it has suffered damage. They are unable to steer and can do nothing but pray.
ReplyDeleteGood job, Bryson. Make sure you read the prompt on every blog!
DeleteThis week I am reading It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. I have read about ten chapters and have many thoughts and predictions about what's going to happen later in this book. The main character, Craig, has a severe depression and possibly a mental disorder too. Craig's depression leads to many difficulties in his life such as anxiety and trouble eating. Later in this book, I think that Craig is going to do something big like attempt to commit suicide. I think this because Craig said, "Even my dog has more of a reason to live than me." It seems that he has lost his way in life and has no reason or motivation to live. Also, I think that Craig will try to overcome his problems because he's constantly talking about a "shift" which is where his brain will slide over and everything will make sense. It seems like he wants to get better, he just doesn't know how to. In conclusion, I think these predictions will come true and I can't wait to find out.
ReplyDeleteGood work!
DeleteI am still reading Earth Awakens by Orson Scott Card. In the story Victor and Imala are in the Formic ship gathering intel on how to destroy the ship. While they are inside the ship Ukko Jukes, somone who wants to destroy the ship, orders an attack on the ship with 50 drones armed with experimental weapons called glazers disregarding the saftey of Victor and Imala. I think the drones will attack the ship and fail and be destroyed. I also think Victor and Imala will find out how to destroy the ship or damage it and revel to the world that Ukko tried to kill them.
ReplyDeleteI am still reading Earth Awakens by Orson Scott Card. In the story Victor and Imala are in the Formic ship gathering intel on how to destroy the ship. While they are inside the ship Ukko Jukes, somone who wants to destroy the ship, orders an attack on the ship with 50 drones armed with experimental weapons called glazers disregarding the saftey of Victor and Imala. I think the drones will attack the ship and fail and be destroyed. I also think Victor and Imala will find out how to destroy the ship or damage it and revel to the world that Ukko tried to kill them.
ReplyDeleteMy book is Taken by: Edward Bloor, and in the chunk I read, Charity's dad died because he crashed into a telephone pole. Her kidnappers are still trying to figure out what to do.
ReplyDeleteIf her dad is dead then that means she is an orphan and she loses all of her money. Being an Orphan if the year 2043 is supposedly impossible to survive in. Although her step-mom is alive, i think she will abandon her and take her father's fortune. On the inside I think her mom will turn out to be alive and faked her death to protect Charity. Either way I know her Step-mom will probably ditch her.
I am reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. So far, a mysterious stranger named Dustfinger has visited Maggie and Mo's home and even though Mo knows who it is, Maggie doesn't. And now Mo says that they're leaving their house. I think that the stranger is someone Mo's been running away from for a while (the book mentions how much they've moved), and now he's trying to run away again. I think that Dustfinger is going to catch up with them this time, though. I would think that Dustfinger would have figured out Mo's trick about leaving once he's been found, and that he's going to stop them from leaving.
ReplyDeleteGood!
DeleteAcross the Universe
ReplyDeleteBeth Revis
Matthew Fowler
11/14/14
When I began to first read this book I was confused due to the fact it started off with a teenager named Amy (at least I think she is) and her family getting ready to be cryogenically frozen. From what I gather they were doing this to get on a ship to go to a new planet that would take 301 years to arrive there. One by one they were all cryogenically frozen but some how she retained consciousness while frozen. Sadly for her, she has been waking up and fallen in to dreams for the past 2 centuries, but then I meet a new character that just goes by the Eldest. From what I can gather the ship had some kind of plague, but what confuses me is why the crew was awake. Never the less though there was some sort of governing system formed on the ship. The leader of ship is named the Elder and he is training the Eldest to become the next leader.. The thing that gets me though is how it switches between Amy and the Eldest, but back to the point. The Elder was teaching the Eldest the 3 types of discord that would doom the ship that doomed what they call Sol-Earth. The Elder told him 2 but didn’t mention the last, but told him to got to the archive to find out about the 3rd. Now I am guessing on this, but I think he is going to find it along with something much deeper. I believe this due to the fact that the archive rooms contains everything about Sol-Earth and the ship they are on called Godspeed.
Good work!
DeleteThis week I am reading Xenocide by Orson Scott Card.
ReplyDeleteI think what will happen is that Qing-jao will find out that Demosthenes is actually Valentine and she will eventually find her. When she does find Valentine, she might learn the secret of Jane and that it was Jane that “destroyed” the Lusitania Fleet. Also I think Father Estavão will eventually return from his mission, either he will be fine, or he will be injured in some way. I am mostly sure that the Lusitania colony will find a way to fix the Descolada that doesn’t involve the piggies, but fix it to where it can’t mutate anymore and won’t kill any more people. I also think that somehow Lusitania will find a way to evade the fleet with the Dr. Device that is trying to destroy them.
Good job!
DeleteI am still reading The Mist by Stephen King, the plot still doesn't really have me very excited but at least it gives me some kind of feeling. Well the plot has progressed a little and it is clear that there is some kind of creature, or creatures in the mist that are attacking the humans. I read somewhere that The Mist was actually a short story which was part of one of those big old books with like 100 short stories or something ridiculous like that, and then it was published on its own. Well maybe thats why the book isn't as detailed as other Stephen King's other books, but that doesn't make it a "bad book", its just not as exciting as I would like.
ReplyDeleteRead the directions!
DeleteThis week I am reading Lockdown: Escape From Furnace by Alexander Gordon Smith. So far in the book, they are making a plan to escape Furnace with rubber gloves. In the story, I think that the Blood Watch will come into play eventually and take someone involved in the plan. The reason I think this, is because they make a big deal out of what happens during the Blood Watch, and the effects it has on the inmates. I think something odd might happen to one of them because we are already seeing people coming back mutated. I also think that they will escape Furnace. Maybe not all together, but I think they will escape because their plan seems too fullproof and well thought out to not work.
ReplyDeleteGood!
DeleteScorch Trials
ReplyDeleteBy: James Dashner
In the last blog, I ended with the discovery of the tattoos on the necks on the Gladers. The tattoos say personal information of each Glader. For example, Aris Jones, Group B, Subject B1 The Partner. Thomas’ tattoo however is different, the tattoo stated, ‘To be killed by Group B’. Then, as the room finally quieted down, the Gladers decided to rest and when Thomas was awaken, Minho gave Thomas an apple. I had no idea as to how the food arrived, but the food just appeared, and so did a man who was reading a book. If a glader tried to get close to the man, an invisible force-field surrounded him, preventing him from being harmed. The man has been nicknamed Rat Man by the Gladers because of his pointy nose and slender figure. Then the Rat Man starts to speak to the Gladers and explains that the maze was just phase one of the trials to record the Gladers’ responses through variables, actions inflicted upon the Gladers. He also explains that he is from a group called WICKED, World In Catastrophe, Killzone Experiment Department. I wonder many things about this chapter, but the Rat Man answered many of my questions. But, how do the Creators have this much technology? I predict that the Rat Man is going to send the Gladers into a world of Cranks.
Good work!
DeleteI have finished reading I am Number Four written by Pittacus Lore. The book is an exciting story about a boy from another planet who is being hunted by aliens who destroyed his home planet. He and nine others of his kind, accompanied by their caretakers, were sent to Earth as a refugee area because the monsters that are hunting him destroyed his home planet. He and his friends, caretaker, and others of his kind fight the monsters to save their race. The book is an incredible story and should be read by all who seek an thrilling experience. I highly recommend this book to others.
ReplyDeleteRead the directions!
DeleteHello Mrs. Watson,
ReplyDeleteI am continuing on reading Three Graves Full by Jamie Mason. From what I have read so far, I predict that Jason had something to do with his ex-wife’s death as well. I have evidence from the text that makes me think this because when it is describing Patty(Jason’s ex-wife)’s funeral, it states, “Never before had Jason been so relieved.” And then it also states “death intervened the first time to make Jason’s problems go away.” Hinting that Jason and Patty had some pretty serious problems.Also, when the book states, "death intervened the first time," this makes me wonder, I mean I know that Jason killed Leah's fiancee, but how did his death helpmake Jason's problems go away? What were Jason's problems with Leah's finacee who seems totally irrelevant to Jason. So, I also predict that each of these questions will be answered shortly. This novel is becoming more and more interesting because the drama is becoming more juicy and the plot is really starting to pick up and move pretty quickly. I wish all books had as much suspense in them as this one does. I truly cannot wait to continue reading and find out whether or not my prediction is true or not.
Sophie Finnell
Good job!
DeleteHello Ms. Watson! My book is the Maze Runner by the author, James Dashner. My prediction on what will happen next in the chapter that I read is that Thomas will sneak out of bed and go outside and witness a monster or animals coming out of the huge doors and taking a person. I predict that because Chuck says, “when nighttime strikes, you want to be in bed.” I am thinking since it is nighttime it will be something dangerous and scary. Also, I am assuming that there he will disobey what Chuck told him and there would be an incident at night if he does go at night due to his curiosity. The book is very interesting and mysterious so far. I can’t wait to read the rest! (130 words)
ReplyDeleteVery good!
DeleteI am still reading When It Happens by Susane Colasanti. In the two chapters I read the thing that popped out to me the most is the way he switches the point of view from Sara to Dave which seem to be the two main characters. In those two chapters they both start their first day of Senior year and have totaly different ways of experiencing it. For Sara, her day started out pretty bad before she even got to first period. When she got out of homeroom to use the bathroom she saw Dave in the hallway and did not know if she should have said hi or not, his group when past her and he didn't even acknowledge her. For Dave, he was having a pretty nice day. He sat at lunch table with two of his friends, his best friend Mike asked if he has seen Sara and he said no until he saw her come through the lunch room door with Laila. Now from what I've read so far I believe that later on in the book they will eventually come to their senses and actually start dating soon or just continue to be shy about each other. Most likely both will happen because there is always a shy moment before you actually start talking. I am really enjoying this book because it is from high school seniors point of views and showing that both from a boys POV and girls POV that they both have doubts.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great post; now just get them in on time!
DeleteHatchet, by Gary Paulsen. I am toward the end of the book. So far, by what I have read, I am not sure if Brian, the main character, will ever be found or not. I don't know if he will ever see his mom or dad again. He says he has lost all hope of being found. The only will he has is to survive. It seems that he has made the forest his new home. All he does is make fire and hunt for food, like birds and fish. There was recently a tornado in the book and tore everything apart, so now he is back down to square one. However, the tornado did pull the plane out of the water, so Brian gets an idea to go and get the survival pack out of the plane. Will Brian ever be found? Are people even looking for him?
ReplyDeleteI am reading "Cloaked" by Alex Flinn people do not trust Johnny even though they don't know Johnny. In the beginning Princess Victoriana test Johnny if he could help her to find her brother. Therefore, Johnny passed the test and now the princess trust Johnny to find her brother. Later on Johnny started talking to the swan's and the swan's didn't believe Johnny but later found out he was trust-worth. I would believe Johnny because Johnny is a normal 17 year old guy that works in he's family shoe repair shop. I don't get why the princess didn't believe him because it was obvious that he liked the princess and would do anything for the princess so, why would you doubt someone that likes you? But I do understand why the swan's would not believe Johnny because people do not talk to animals, that is not normal. Therefore, the only way Johnny can talk to animals is by a magical ear piece, that the princess gave him to find her brother. But at the sametime the swan's use-to-be's (human) so only winches can talk to animals that are use-to-be.
ReplyDeleteDrive-By
ReplyDeleteBy: Harper Trophy
I predict that from what I’m reading now is that Tito, and his family will move to another state, because of the gang that is chasing them. Right now their living with their neighbor Mrs. Washington, but it’s still too close to their vandalize house which gang members mysteriously keep going in and out of at night. I’m guessing there is a war between two gangs and their trying to see who can take over the abounded house first. Anyways I really think Tito and his family will move to another state and start their lives over in a new state or even a new country just they can get away from the danger of the two gangs.
By: CJ Moore
4B
Good job CJ. Now just make sure you get them in on time!
Delete“Ender’s Game” – Orson Scott Card
ReplyDeleteThis is the chapter where things start to get real in the book ( between chapter 3 and 4). In essence Ender finds out that instead of being kicked out of school he was actually graduating.
Then in the book Ender gets launched into space where he breaks another boys arm and does not get in trouble for it. Ender actually gets called the smartest kid on the shuttle. This surprised me at first because I thought that Ender was going to get jumped on for doing this to another adolescence. Needless to say Ender did not get jumped on. I could tell by Ender’s reclusive nature around children, ease around the adults, and Graff’s behavior towards Ender I can predict that Ender will be an accomplished student.
Lord of the Flies
ReplyDeleteWilliam Golding
I predict that Bryan is going to be the leader from now on and will lead what happens from now on and that Jack will get jealous to were there might be fights or killing because jack did not get the leadership position. Jack will take all the other people on the island from the crash and try to take over Bryan because Jack doesn't like the way that Bryan is doing things. Jack wants to be leader and will do anything for it. I think he would even kill somebody for it. I predict that Bryan will be hunted down by the rest of the group.
Where She Went
ReplyDeleteBy:Gayle Forman
I think that the main character Adam will end up getting back together with his old girlfriend Mia. I think they will because they found each other after it being two years later and they realize they still always had feeling for each other. They have been talking more and kinda getting closer. Adam talks about how he still wants to be with her but he hes kinda with someone else. Adam talks about how him and Bryn met and that she was there for him when Mia left him, but know that hes been hanging out with Mia, i think they will get back together. He has not seen Bryn in a while but they did date when Mia left. He doesn't know if Mia has heard about him and Bryn, but in my opinion i think she has. For now Adam and Mia are just starting to talk again and will probably start hanging out a lot more.
Miah Einhorn
1A
I am starting a new book today, it is part of a series of books “Middle School” by. James Patterson the tittle of the book I am reading is Save Rafe, it is the 4th book of the series and it just recently came out and I was so happy to get it. Rafe Khatchadorian is the main character and in each book he has many struggles, emotionally, physically, and socially. I think Rafe struggles mostly on his social life and the decisions he makes are not always the smartest. Oh and Rafe is one of the biggest trouble makers you will ever meet.
ReplyDeleteSalutations Ms. Watson. It has been very diffcult for me to blog lately but nevertheless, I'm still into “Double Sided" It has been quite diffcult for to blog lately but nevertheless, I'm still into “Double Sided" by Raven Magwood in where Kaneesha Johnson a fourteen year old girl lives in a small town named Casterville. its unfortunate that she is going thruogh discrimnation from the relationship between those of african americans and caucasions in her community its unfornate that she is supposed to deal with thruogh the segregation as she was told but when she found out on the news one day that a lady was looking for her two girls with different races who were kidnapped more than a decade ago because Kaneeshans to unite the problem I predict th at she will by tringto help the lady while solving her own concerns.
ReplyDeleteTitle: Cirque Du Freak
ReplyDeleteAuthor: Darren Shan
In the last chapter Steve said he would get the tickets for the cirque. At the start of the chapter Steve was to meet his friends and give them tickets. Instead Steve didn't show up to class to give it to them. In geography the class Darren favorite class was the hardess for him that day. The reason the class was so hard that day was because he had a rough night. All he did was lie on the bed and think about the cirque.
I think that instead of worrying about the tickets he should of called Steve and asked if he had the tickets.Title: Cirque Du Freak
Author: Darren Shan
In the last chapter Steve said he would get the tickets for the cirque. At the start of the chapter Steve was to meet his friends and give them tickets. Instead Steve didn't show up to class to give it to them. In geography the class Darren favorite class was the hardess for him that day. The reason the class was so hard that day was because he had a rough night. All he did was lie on the bed and think about the cirque.
I think that instead of worrying about the tickets he should of called Steve and asked if he had the tickets.
Lord of the Flies
ReplyDeleteWilliam Golding
I predict from what has happened in this story so far, that Ralph and Jack will split into two separate groups and then they will fight to survive with their people. Jack got mad and stormed off into the woods with some of his buddies to split up the group. Then he told Ralph that he would eventually come for him and would leave this island. Jack threatened Ralph that he would kill him and and he would kill Piggy also. I truly think that Jack will come to fight Ralph and Piggy to kill them so he can leave the island and be rescued. Jack wants to do this because he wants to be the leader of the group, but Ralph was voted as leader. I think that Ralph will win the battle and he will be rescued.
I am reading the book The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. In this chapter Edward is still staying with the young boy and his sickly sister. One day the young boy and Edward were going on a walk and the young boy dropped him and he shattered. The boy took him to the toy fixer. The toy fixer said he wouldn’t fix him unless he would pay. This boy wasn’t wealthy so he couldn’t afford it but he really cared about Edward so he told the toy fixer to keep him but he has to fix him. Edward got fixed and sat on the shelf for months until his Abuela came and bought him all he wondered is how she found him. This shows that people who love you always come back. His Abuela came back for him and he was so happy, this is nice that he was found. Like if you love someone set them free and they will come back. This situation reminds me of that.
ReplyDeleteThis week I finished reading the 6th chapter of mocking jay by Suzanne Collins. In this chapter Katniss gets furious with haymitch. I think that instead of wasting time on pointless drama they should put in some action and excitement like in the other books and towards the begging of this book. I still like it and think that’s it’s a good interesting book but it could move a little faster and have more energy and it would be a whole lot better. I can’t complain too much because pretty much every book that I have ever read has its slow parts just like this one.
ReplyDeleteWhite fang by jack London. I predict that someone or some animal will die in the next book. And it would majorly effect the book by a lot and it will happen soon. Currently on page 132 out of 220 and it's qutie spicy. Henry was injured from a fall but was saved by bill before anything worst could happen to him. The book takes place in 1930-1940 during gold rush time (I think these are the dates). Bill and Henry were out looking for gold but lost there way and soon food then the dogs. And were attacked by the wolves.
ReplyDeleteMocking Jay
ReplyDeleteBy:Suzanne Collins
I predict that Catniss will come to be the president but Gale will be greedy and try to steal the position from her. So she will try to solve the problem by giving the person some power since it is her love of her life but he will want even more then they will split into two separate groups and war will become necisary and Catniss has a weakness of love but come to find out it isn't true love because peter saves her and kills gale and they live happily ever after. But the story is over so that is just what I would do if it kept going
I am reading The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex. I predict that Tip and J.Lo will team up with the humans and Boov to fight the bad aliens and defeat them in the end. I predict this even though there are major complications that they must conquer and there are slim chances of them still winning even after conquering them. This book keeps me on my toes as I go through and I am so glad I picked it up in the first place. I cannot wait to finish it and find out what actually happens in the end.
ReplyDelete