Monday, January 26, 2015

Blog Due 1/30/2015

Question(s): Who is the protagonist of your book? What do you think they would do in their free time?

1) Read a chunk of your book (about a chapter or so) - ten to twenty pages should do.
2) Put the book down and don't pick it back up until you have posted your blog.
3) THINK about the topic you will focus your blog on.
4) WRITE an organized paragraph with a topic sentence, body, and concluding sentence. Shoot for 6-10 sentences in length.

No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -1

68 comments:

  1. I am reading Gone, written by Michael Grant, and the protagonist of my book is Sam Temple. Sam would probably go surfing with his friend, Quinn, until the sun sets. He and Quinn love surfing, so they would probably spend their whole day together, surfing. So far, I am really enjoying this book because it is very suspenseful and has a ‘what if’ feeling to it. Michael Grant is a very talented and gifted author. So far, Sam has taken a leadership role over all of the kids in the city. They look to him as a guide and father figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the story Deep down popular by Phoebe Stone the protagonist would be sixth grader Jessie Lou which she really likes Conrad Parker Smith. In her free time she likes to hang out with Conrad. She has been hanging out with him a lot lately she actually started to like him. she also has been hanging out with him more than usual. At first she didn't really like him she was really annoyed by him she didn't want to be near him at all. Since she has been hanging out with him in her free time she got to know him and she had started to like him more than a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am continuing to read The Allegra Biscotti Collection by Olivia Bennett. I believe that the protagonist of the story is Emma Rose. In her free time, ER likes to sew and to make up new designs using clothes that she sees around her. I just finished reading chapter four of TABC by Olivia Bennett. In this chapter, it starts out with ER and her mom walking from out the subway and into the school. ER turns on her phone only to see 4 text messages and 2 calls left from an unknown number. It was PAIGE YOUNG. She said that Madison was featuring ER's work in an online article with famous brands like Marc Jacobs. ER and Charlie decide that they were going to gift her with the raspberry dress that she fell in love with. They formally text Paige back and ER rushes home to complete the raspberry dress because they were going to give it to her the next day. That is how far I got in the book. I am getting really excited to finish this book!!!

    Clarissa Lawen
    The Allegra Biscotti Collection
    By: Olivia Bennett
    Chapter four

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Titans Curse
    Rick Rordan
    The protagonist of my book is Percy Jackson. He is the main character of the story and also the protagonist. What I think he does in his free time is he works on his skills in survival and ability to be able to do combat. He studies maps and learns his surroundings. He works on surrounding abilities and how to use them to his advantage. He goes to bomb-fires and also hangs out with friends. He would also talk to his father Poseidon and work on his ability because he is a half-blood and can use water in different ways. He will ask his father for advice in what to do in certain situations. He will work with his friends and dual each other to work on their combat skills. He will eat with friends and have fun in some cases. He is not serious about doing everything he will have fun in what he does. He makes his life and everything he does and adventure. This is what Percy Jackson does in his free time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading the book Code Talker by Joseph Bruchac. I am on chapter 13 where the boys are wanting to join the Navy. I think that the protagonist is Ned Begay because the story is based on his life. I might think that Ned would just be outside enjoying nature during his free time. He is going to war with other Navajo Indians. His group is one of the first Navajo’s to go in to the Navy to serve the United States of America. At this point in the story, Ned and the other Navajos are training and completing drills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very close to finishing Silvertounge, by Charlie Fletcher. The protagonist in the book, is a boy and a girl named George, and Eddie. If they were to become normal teenagers in the moderen world, I think George would do arts and crafts as a hobby, while Eddie, would go on adventures as a hobby. I think that George would take up arts and crafts as a hobby becuase he is a "Maker," which is a person who is able to melt and mold metal with his hands. I think Eddie would go on adventures as a hobby, because of her personality, which is a tough girl attitude. She acts tough and almost always makes the best out of her life, kind of like an adventurer.

    -Sydni Simpson (112 Words, Roughly)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Title: The Hunger Games
    Author: Suzanne Collins

    In the book The Hunger Games the protagonist is Katniss. What i think she would do free time is to hunt and gather food for her and her family. In chapter three Katniss and the other candidates were taken into custody.
    They are divided and taken into a fancy room to say their farewells to their family and friends. Before Katniss goes her sister Prim made her promise to try to win. After the visit's Katniss gets on a train and leaves
    District 12. Then she goes into her own private car and take a shower and then gets dressed for the dinner. I was thinking that if Katniss does not have the athletic applies why would she promise her sister that she will win and not die.(136)

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the book I am reading, the protagonist is the people of Lusitania, just the humans, not the pequeninos or the descolada. I think that in their free time some will go to bars and drink, others will go to the church, and the rest will be sociable and talk to each other. I think this because there are a good amount of people who go to bars every night and others are very religious and talk a lot. Also there are the scientists who don’t do much but talk and research in the labs, trying to solve the problems they are facing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am reading the Revenge of the Dwarves by Makus Heitz. The protagonist in this series is a dwarf named Tungdil. He just got out of a depression of thinking that he killed his son, when it was an accident. Tungdil also took up alcohol to drown his sorrows. Now he is on a mission for the High king of the Dwarves, so he doesn’t have any free time. He did say in the book he would go back to his wife and apologize for being depressed and for becoming a drunk. That is what I believe the protagonist in my book would do in his free time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am currently reading The Beginning of Everything by Robin Schneider. Ezra Faulkner, the main character of my book, is considered a "golden boy", a popular guy who also get good grades. At some parts in the book he would usually be studying or playing video games like Zombie Guitar God. He would also hang out at his friend Toby's house and play video games there. Sometimes after school he would hang out with Cassidy and his other friends at Chipotle. At night he would sometimes go to parties and hang out with other people at his school. Since he is a "golden boy", he studies quite often and doesn't do many things to get himself in trouble outside of school.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Elite
    By Kiera Cass
    The protagonist in my book is America singer and I think in her free time she would be outside. The reason why I think she would be outside is because she does not like to be closed inside. Also in her free time I think she would be reading about Halloween because she does not celebrate Halloween. America wants to know more about Halloween because she has never celebrated it and she want to. In her free time I think she would be writing to her family because she misses them and she wants to talk to them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am reading Allegiant by: Veronica Roth
    I thing the protagonist in my book would be Tris. In her free time i think she would be trying to help people. She likes to always get to the bottom of things and fix the problems that is happening. I feel like she would either be running around trying to find out what she can do to help or she would be spending time with her boyfriend Tobias. I don't know really what their doing right now in the book and whats going on because i have not read a lot of it, but i that's what i think she would do in her free time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am currently reading The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider. The protagonist is a boy named Ezra. Ever since he got in a car crash he hasn't been doing much of anything but he used to play tennis for the school. Ezra was a star tennis player for his high school but also the captain. He became an outcast ever since he lost his ability to play tennis but also when he lost his girlfriend. He just found this new girl named Cassidy and I think he likes her but I'm not sure if she likes him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mocking Jay, book three in the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, tells a story in which Katniss Everdeen, the main character of the hunger games saga hunts for food for her family. She then goes to the black market to trade the meat for the supplies that her family needs. Another responsibility she has is to take care of her family and of her friend Gale’s family. She also looks out for the capital people who may attack her home at any time. The capital people govern the districts and rule over them. They also are the people who started the Hunger Games. The Hunger Games are games where each district sends two teenagers, a boy and girl, to fight to their death so the capital can keep the 12 districts in balance in order to prevent a rebellion.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am still reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I think the protagonist of the book is Katniss Everdeen becasue she is a strong, outgoing person. I say this because her father died from a mining accident when she was eleven and ever since then she had been illegally hunting in the woods for food to eat. Since she won the last games, she is rich so she doesn't have to fight for her food, by still goes out there with Gale sometimes to bring back old times. Katniss is a girl who doesn't give up and tries to make everything the right choice. I believe she is the protagonist because it fits her well and is shown that she is a survivor, "The girl on fire."

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am reading the book The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis. It is the sixth book in the Narnia series. The protagonist in the book is Aslan the lion. Aslan has a wise and brave soul. In his free time I think that Aslan would spent his time protecting and serving Narnia. I also think that he would take time to get to know the people in Narnia. In the books before The Silver Chair Aslan would roam around Narnia to make sure everyone was settled and everything was in place. In conclusion I believe that Aslan would protect his people and land in his free time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am reading the maze runner by James Dashner. The protagonist of the story is Thomas who is also the main character. What i think Thomas does in his free time is sharpen weapons and train for running in the maze. I cannot imagine Thomas sitting around and doing nothing, he is the type of guy that always have to have action. He always wants action to take place and if nothing happens i can see him getting really bored and not knowing what to do. So this is what i think he does in his free time, and maybe if i read more of the book maybe my veiw of him will chnge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am reading lord of the rings the fellowship of the ring by R.R. Tolkien. So far I have read up to chapter 5. The protagonist of my book is Frodo Baggins a hobbit. Frodo in his free time would probably read novels about other lands in his house. If Frodo was not reading novels he would most likey be exploring, going were he has never gone.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am still reading Charlie St.Cloud by Ben Sherwood. The protagonist in my book is Charlie. I already know what he does for his free time. Every single day after school, he spends time with his brother. (He is dead though. He is talking to his Spirit). He plays baseball with him and he talks to him every day. If he did not talk to his brother, he would just talk to his other Spirits that he usually does. He would also talk to this girl he likes. He would spend probably the whole time with her. He mostly talks to Spirits. That is a gift.
    By Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  20. The protagonist is Tisha (there are other protagonists, but I went for this person). She is a girl that was made fun of because she is mixed. The things she likes to do on her free time is listen to metal music, singing songs, and talking to her friend Tiny. Her friend Tiny was not mixed, but she is still her friend. They had a lot of fun with each other talking about their favorite music, their hobbies, etc. She might have started liking metal music because of her pain and suffering in Rockville High. Especially from middle school. That’s the worst year of all. (105 words)

    ReplyDelete
  21. If I stay by Gayle Forman. The protagonist is Mia who is seventeen years old. I think she likes to hang out with her friends and family. Mia is still in the hospital and she wants to get away from her relatives and the nurse that takes care of her. I dislike that she does not want to be around her relatives and the nurse that takes care of her. Her boyfriend Adam is the lead singer and lead guitar player in the band Shooting Star. I like that he is in a band and sings and plays guitar. Adam wants to visit her in the ICU but the nurses will not let him in because of family only allowed. I like and dislike that he is not allowed back there I dislike it because it is his girlfriend and I like it because that only her family and relatives can visit. So this what I have been reading in the book call If I stay by Gayle Forman.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kill Order by James Dashner: The main protagonist in my book is Tomas. He is a very interesting character with realistic emotions. If he had free time, I think that he would use it to do simple things like reading. Tomas never really wants to fight and wants everything to be over and done with. If he read then he can read the story of someone else’s struggles without have to worry about his own. Reading is a good time for him to think and plan out what he is going to do. He may find people in certain books that he can relate to and will help him relax.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am reading The Maze Runner by Josh Dunne. Thomas would probably go and ask a lot of questions like how did we get here, why are we here, who put us here, why did they take away our memories, how did this place get here and why is it here, stuff like that. He would also go exploring in the woods so he can get the lay of the land. He would also go running because he wants to be a runner and map the maze in his free time. This is to his advantage because it not only gives him something to do but it’s something he enjoys doing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Damian is the protagonist of the book. He recently met up with Mormons and he is obsessed with them, since they call themselves saints. Damian doesn’t do any sports or anything in specific he just focuses on being a saint. Doing the best and being the best at everything. He isn’t a very social person so Damian doesn’t have many friends to hang out with other than his brother. Damians main other priority is school. He likes the satisfaction of being “excellent” so he pushes to do the best but sometimes he pushes too far and fails to be “excellent”. I hope Damian over comes this whole saint ordeal because he’s hurting himself and his dad.

    ReplyDelete
  25. "Where She Went" by Gayle Forman
    Im my book the protagonist is Mia and Adam. I think what they would do on their free time would to play their instruments and play songs together. Also, go site seeing, if Mia or Adam are in tour. Another thing they would do in their free time would just being together every second pf the day. They would also hange out with the band or go vist Kim. Or talk to Mia's grandparents in Oregon and remembering Mia's family. Also, composing songs or leaning new songs. As you can see, Mai and Adam have many things they could do in their free time now that they are together again.

    ReplyDelete
  26. In this blog I will talk about my protagonist in the book hawkes harbor. The protagonist is Jamie a very self worrying person. He grew up knowing he had no chance on going to heaven. Jamie always likes to find danger and adventure, and mess with people. I think that Jamie would probably just go on adventures on his free time. Jamie loves to just seek thrill with every chance he gets. That's what he does on his free time. This concludes today on another blog. Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. The book I'm reading is The Maze Runner by James Dashner, I think the protagonist is Gally, he normally picks on Thomas, and says he had recognized him from the changing. I think he would most likely be at school bullying the other kids who made him felt as if he was lower then the other students or at home trying to act all innocent. He might also be into reading books but haven't passed many class in the past few weeks. He might also become Thomas's best friend. He probably thinks the world is against him too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am currently reading The Hobbit or there and back again. It is very interesting so far. I am not sure on who the exact protagonist is but I think it is Bilbo or Gandalf. Bilbo in his free time he would probably try to steal things and try to get better at it, even though he is very good at it. I think Gandalf would try his spells or his magic moves and try to get better at using them. In chapter 5 they camp for the night in a big cave in the mountain, when Bilbo hears something and his ponies and dwarves are being dragged into this little hole thing and it’s the goblins doing it. One of the dwarfs is holding Bilbo on his back and is carrying him but then a goblin shows up and Bilbo falls off and loses consciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am currently reading Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. I think that the protagonist of this story is Eleanor. Eleanor has a very different personality and doesn’t worry about what people think of her, so I think that she listens to music and reads during her free time. I think this because Park gives her comics sometimes for her to read on the bus. Also, because Eleanor doesn’t own any cds, Park lends her his favorite music to listen to. I also think that she would spend time with her younger siblings. I think this because she has four younger siblings that she left for a long time. In conclusion, I am really enjoying this book and can’t wait to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Mrs. Watson,
    This week I have continued reading the novel Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. I believe that the protagonist of this book is David himself because he is telling the story and the whole story is following himself around through his many life stories. He is basically the antagonist and protagonist in this book because the story is all about him and there isn't anyone else in this book that plays a major roll in this story except himself. He causes and solves all his problems. There is no other person who has such an impact in the storyline expect him. In his free time I feel like David is constantly taking on new activities and hobbies to try because throughout the whole book he is constantly changing his interests and hobbies. He is in constant change throughout the whole book, and I am very looking forward to see what other changes he will encounter later on!
    Sophie Finnell

    ReplyDelete
  31. Currently I am reading The Tomb by Clive Cussler. I have two protagonists for my book they are Sam and Remi Fargo. I think they would do a lot of things involving exploring. They would doing a lot of adventure. Treasure hunting because they already like doing that. I think they will discover a bunch of stuff. Following all kinds of clues. I don't think they would relax if they even had free time. Hunt for good, jewels, and plunder. They might take a brake and just sail around the world. It would be in Europe because a lot of interesting stuff is there.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am reading I Survived by Lauren Tarshis. The protagonist in my book is the main character, Chet. If I were to guess what he does in his free time I would probably guess that he would read, like the newspaper or other books, I'm not exactly sure. Since he works at his uncle Jerry's diner, I don't know how much free time he has. He might hang out with his new friends. He might watch TV, but I haven't read anything about a TV, so I'm not sure if there are any yet because the setting takes place in 1916. Chet might also play down in the large creek on his free time too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Saving Elliot by 'northbynorth'

    In "Saving Elliot" by 'northbynorth' I assume Elliot (the female Elliot) is the protagonist . I still don't know too much about her so I don't know exactly what she does in her free time . However, there was a scene in the previous chapter that stated that she was basically at home chilling on Twitter in leggings, mismatched socks, and an oversized hoodie while she was on the phone. So, the scene gave me the sense that she's somewhat laid back. I'm sure her activities may vary due to her mood . I do know that Elliot is a tomboy so you could find her hanging with the guys from her footy team . Saving Elliot is based in the UK so, football is soccer . Besides the following activities I think you could find her somewhere with her best friend O'Connor.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am reading Eldest by Christopher Paolini. It is the second book in The Inheritance trilogy. The protagonist in the book is Eragon Shadeslayer. I think he would spend his free time training or spending time with his dragon, Saphira. Since they are dragon and dragon rider, their minds are connected, so they know all the thoughts of the other. Since theyre always either fighting enemies or travelling to different places throughout Alagaesia, I feel like this is what they would do together in their free time.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The Death Cure
    By: James Dashner
    In the last blog, I discussed that Thomas has been released from his white cell and is with the other Gladers. I also wrote that Rat Man has told the Gladers who is immune to the Flare. He also says that the Gladers are given a choice, if they wish to have their memory restored or not. Newt, Thomas and Minho decide that they do not want to get their memories swiped. Surprisingly, Frypan decides to get his memory restored. Those who do not wish to have their memories swiped are taken to a separate room. In the room, Thomas sees Brenda and she whispers in his ear to only trust Chancellor Paige. This is quite odd because Chancellor Paige is the leader of WICKED. The protagonist in my book is Thomas. In his spare time, I feel like Thomas would want to learn new things daily because he does have the characteristic of curiosity. He also would probably like to spend time with his family because he thinks about his mother a lot in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have finished reading chapter 3 of Life, The Universe, and Everything by Douglas Adams. The protagonist in this book is a man by the name of Arthur Phillip Dent. Since he's quite a simpleton, he wouldn't do anything in his normal time that any other normal man would do. He would probably wake up, make some tea, solve the crossword in the newspaper, watch TV, and go back to sleep. The problem is, he's stuck in an intergalactic adventure with an alien named Ford Prefect, so he doesn't have much time to do these things. Even if he did, it wouldn't feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am still reading Looking for Alaska by John Green. The protagonist of this story is "The Eagle" which is basically the principle of Culver Creek. The Eagle is basically the person who will most likely ruin the fun of Pudge, Alaska, and the Colonel. So far he has not been in the story to much but I feel he will end up ruining some sort of fun for them. What I think The Eagle does in his free time is probably spend time with his family. Seeming as he is a principle, he might be pretty old, so he may have a family! He probably plays sports with his kids while he cans and does any other normal things like a father would. In this chapter, the thing that stood out most to me was them planning out their revenge on the people who tried to drown Pudge. It was interesting how they found out the people who did it so quickly, I am surprised Pudge even remembered their faces because I would have been extremely exhausted, like too exhausted to even pay attention to who "kidnapped me". I am still enjoying the pace of the book fairly well and am enjoying the story line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember that the protagonist is the main character!

      Delete
  38. I am reading The City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. The protagonist is Clary Fray. In her free time she would most likely draw or paint, she does this a lot throughout the book series. Her mother is an artist and Clary gets most of her talent from her. She is also a shadow hunter so she might do some training in her free time, or she would hang out with her best friend Simon. Clary also has a boyfriend, Jace, but he is missing and she spends most of her time trying to find him.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This week I am reading Four by Veronica Roth. The protagonist of my book is Four, or Tobias. Most of Four's time is spent training the initiates of Dauntless, but when he isn't teaching, he's hanging out by the chasm with Zeke and Shauna, playing Dare, or watching the security cameras in the control room. Throughout the book, if Four is feeling upset, or just doesn't have anything to do, he'll go and hang out with his friends Zeke and Shauna at a certain spot by the chasm. They usually talk about what they're doing in Dauntless, or just a regular conversation. He also plays a Dauntless game called Dare. In the game, each person takes turns daring another, and before you do it, you have to take a sip of whiskey. Usually they dare each other to do things at other factions, but sometimes it's played at Dauntless headquarters. Finally, Four watches the cameras in the Dauntless control room. Four is always trying to find conspiracy theories at Dauntless. He especially pays attention to the leader of Dauntless, Max, who associates with the leader of Erudite and they eventually control the Dauntless and destroy the faction system.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Manipulate
    By: Corrie Garrett

    In Manipulate the protagonist character is Sam because. At the beginning of the story Sam is being abducted by the aliens. Taken away from his family living on a different planet for a long time. He's finally coming back to Earth to see his family he was taken from. Also Sam is facing the challenge of seeing his family again because he hasn't saw them for some time now. So these are the main reasons why Sam is the protagonist in this story because of his personal life and challenges he faces through out the story.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm reading Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. The protagonist of my book is Harry Potter, he is also the hero or protagonist through out the whole series of Harry Potter books. I think Harry Potter, in his free time would play quidditch for it is his favorite sport and he is really good at it. In fact he was the youngest qudditch player ever in Hogwarts. Though, if he were real I honestly don't know what he would do. Maybe when he was young he would play with figurine horses and knights or even learn a dead language or one people fear.
    -Ana Alford

    ReplyDelete
  42. This quarter I am reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. In chapters four and five, Katniss agrees to help with the rebellion after seeing what the capital did to district twelve when they bombed it. Katniss is also extremely worried about the other victors that got taken by the capital especially Peeta. She also tries to get used to living in district thirteen with their military lifestyles and their regimented ways. The protagonist in this book is definitely Katniss. In her free time in district twelve she loved to go hunt in the woods with her friend Gale. However since district thirteen is underground she doesn’t get to do it as often as she used to and can only go now with the permission of the president. (126 words)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hey, Ms. Watson. I have changed my book because I was unsatisfied with the detailing. I am currently reading the Scorch Trials by James Dashner. So far I have read two chapters, but I am pretty sure I know who the protagonist of the book is. The protagonist is Thomas which was the main character of the Maze Runner. I think he is the protagonist because the first two chapters are about him talking telepathically with Teresa and looking for her after someone took her. I presume that he will lead the way to finding her with the rest of the maze runners and James Dashner will tell the journey of the search for Teresa. I assume that Thomas doesn't have any free time, but if he did I think he would sleep because he is running away from the Cranks and looking for Teresa. I would be tired if I was him. The book is very detailed which I like. I can’t wait to find out about the rest of the book. (173 words)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am reading "Leaving, the Bailey Flanigan Series" by Karen Kingsbury. The protagonist in this story is of course the main character, Bailey Flanigan. She is a very strong Christian and wants to inspire everybody to follow their dreams. In her free time, firstly, I think that she would read her bible and go to church. She believes in God and relates almost everything back to Him. Second, I think that she would go to plays or be in plays. She loves acting and flew to New York to audition for Broadway. She is extremely focused and driven and believes that everybody has a place in the world. I'm excited to see how her acting career goes and how her relationship with God improves.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This week I am still reading The Twenty One Balloons by William pene du Bois. The protagonist of the story is professor William Waterman Sherman. In his free time I believe that he would spend his time riding in his hot air balloon. Throughout the book professor Sherman expresses his love for riding his hot air balloon and adventuring out into nature and capturing it's stunning glory. He is deeply engaged in his club and stands by his word and loyalty to the San Francisco hot air balloon club.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am reading the Fault in our Stars by John Greene. The protagonist is Hazel. I think for her free she would hang out with Augustus or read the book An Imperial Affliction. She also, started liking sci-fi due to Augustus. The Price of Dawn is the first sci-fi book she read. Augustus was the one to give her that book, because she agreed to read it if he read An Imperial Affliction. Hazel seemed to like the sci-fi book more than Augustus liking the book Hazel suggested. I think it is really cute how they try to like one another’s interest.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Matthew Fowler
    01/30/2015
    The Man in the High Castle
    Phillip K. Dick

      Who is the protagonist in my novel? Honestly, I have no idea. The novel I am reading just doesn’t give it a way like most. Plus, it switches between multiple characters every half a chapter or so, but I think I have been introduced to most of the main characters so far. Two of the characters that I know about have already met for some kind business meeting. If I took my best guess at who the protagonist(s) was I would say one of the main characters or all of them. It seems to follow their lives after the allies lost World War 2. Leaving the Axis Powers to conquer and plunge the world into chaos, but it still leaves the question of what they do in their free time. Some enjoy collecting items from America before the war, while others are doing everything in their power to stay alive. One I just read about seems to be a drifter of some sorts or just doesn’t like the place she is in. In the end, it’s difficult for me to even identify the protagonist(s) of my novel much less know what they do in their free time, but I think I got it right this time.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am still reading the book Pet Sematary by Stephen King, things are starting to 'spice up' a little more as I continue reading. So pretty much a short summary of what I read, was that Louis' wife and kids left for Chicago to see some family, and while they were gone, the family cat runs out into the street in the middle of the night and gets hit by a truck. Yikes, Louis must be in hot water right? So pretty much there is nothing Louis can do but to tell the family when they come back home, so he goes to talk to his neighbor and good friend Jud, who takes him to the Pet Sematary, oo spooky! Anyway remember all the spooky stuff that has been going on around this situation, the dream, the warning from Jud, and now we finally get a back story to it. Jud explains that the Pet Sematary used to be an Indian burial ground, and that if you bury something in the ground, it will come back to life! Truly spooky! Anyway this is about the part were I start to remember how dark and twisted the story becomes from this point on, and I've really got a bit of like gut wrenching excitement to read on! Question: Who is the protagonist of your book? The protagonist is Louis Creed, father of two, husband to Rachael Creed, he has recently moved to Maine to take up a job as a head doctor and administrator at a university. What do you think they would do in their free time? Well that's actually a pretty good question, to be honest the first thing that came to my mind was since he's into medical stuff he would most likely sit at home and what medical based or fact-filled shows on TV, but this book was published in 1983, and if I do recall Stephen King saying in an interview that he had written the book a few years earlier, but kept it away because he thought it was too dark. So anyway the book is from the very late 70's or very early 80's, and I don't think back then there would be those kind of interesting fact-filled shows like the ones they show on nation geographic and stuff. So actually I think he would spend lots of time reading, reading and doing research on medical things.

    ReplyDelete
  49. This week I read chapter five of to kill a mocking bird by Harper Lee. In this chapter dill asks scout to marry him even though all dill and Jem do is mess with and annoy her. Because of this scout has started to spend time with an elderly neighbor that can be a not very nice person at times. I think that Harper Lee is doing a good job of introducing new characters into the story but that’s really all that she’s been doing so far. I’m sure that it will start to have more of a story line once she finishes introducing characters.

    ReplyDelete
  50. “The Red Pyramid”- Rick Riordan

    In this area of the book the police trouble mentioned in the last blog was solved with the deportation of both Carter and Sadie from The United Kingdom. This was exceptionally devastating for Sadie. I can see how she would be upset, if I was deported from America to Great Britain with a family member I didn't even remember I would be pretty livid as well. The reason Sadie said she hated the most in the book was leaving her friends. For Sadie her friends are her source of entertainment, it's what she puts mostly of her free time to. A new character named Amos also made his first appearance in this area of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
    The protagonist is Tris and she comes from a family that always puts others before themselves but she has also switched over to a different faction that does not put others before them so it is hard to say but when she was in her old faction putting others before herself she did have trouble with it. So if I had to guess I would guess that she would go do dangerous things in her free time or hang out with her boyfriend, Tobias. She still misses her family and has nightmares of what happened so it is possible that she would do something more peaceful and quite to clear her mind from all that has happened.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel keys the protag in this book is Charlie he is an cool chill person who just wants to fit in what he dose in hism speare time is is try to learn and read books

    ReplyDelete
  53. flowers for Algernon protaghanist is charile because he is the calme cool guy who just wants to be smart and he problably reads books and writes In his free time

    ReplyDelete
  54. The protagonist in the book Swindle by Gordon Korman is obviously Griffin. He is the main main character in the book and he is the leader of the group/team. He is also the one who is wronged by Swindle and has his card stolen. However he keeps the team running all by himself and then uses his brain to devise the entire plan of how to get the card back. Personally I think in his free time he would play video games or play on his phone or computer because unlike some of the other characters in this book he isn't overly active or athletic. So I think he would stay inside and play video games.

    ReplyDelete
  55. The Dead, By Charlie Higson. There is not just one main character the group of boys could be considered the protagonists but they are all British, so for some of the athletic ones I guess they would play soccer, rugby, and cricket. For the two really smart nerdy kids they read books and do stuff like that. Then there are the preppy kids that I don’t even know what they would do play tennis I guess? But there is actually a wide variety of social classes/personalities of the kids in this book and it is actually quite interesting to see how they get along

    ReplyDelete
  56. I am reading BeanBall by Gene Fehler. The protagonist of my story is Luke "The Wizard" Wallace. In Lukes free time I think he hangs out with his friends and they just have a good time. I also think Luke goes to the batting cages and practices hitting the baseballs and then he might go out in the midfield and practice catching. I also think Luke hangs out with his family whenever he can and maybe every once in awhile he might just play video games and watch tv. There could be other things he does but I don't know much about him yet.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Steven Pereira Garcia
    I am reading Gossamer By Lois Lowry. I think the protagonist in my story is Littlest. I believe it littlest because he is facing all of the problems in this book like he just got comfortably with his family.But then he got adopted..I think Littlest one would probability hang out with his friends and play at the park. He Would have lots of fun and what is so great about him is that he is so hard to bring his spirit down. Most of the time he is all ways happy. So that is why I think he is the protagonist and that is all-so what I believe what he would do on his free time

    ReplyDelete

  58. The Vampire Academy
    Richelle Mead
    In this book I think that Rose Hathaway a seventeen old damper girl is the protagonist. I believe she is the protagonist because she is the main character and is protecting her own the vampires and the moroi the nice vampires who have like some form of magic. But she protects them from the evil vampires the strigoi. She has to protect them because it is her duty as a damphire they are half human have moroi, and so far she has been protecting her friends and her best friend who is a moroi but she has some strigoi traits so i think one of her parents might be a strigoi because she can do compulsion. That's just a suspicion though i'm not sure, but that's the protagonist's best friend. This book is really confusing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I have been reading “The Torrance Tornado “, chapter 3 from Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand. The protagonist to me is the main character in the story in this case it would be is Louis Zamperini. During his free time there are many things that he would do but the one thing that comes to mind is that he will practice running track. If he can do something other than run track it would most likely be to hang around with his friends or go out to many places like restaurants. If I had free time in the story I would sleep all day till how over long I have.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I am reading "Scorpions" and it is by Walter Dean Myers. Jamal is the protagonist in the book. He is trying not to go in the same path as his brother went and take him and his mom and sister out of the struggle. I am in chapter 4 of my book, a new character is in this chapter and his name is Dwayne,he is hard to ignore, especially when the other students giggle and think he is cool. this book is really good book and great to read. Walter Dean Myers writes about young adult trouble. i really enjoy reading it in my spare time.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I am reading Memory Boy by will Weaver. I read chapter 9. Chapter 9 was about Miles and his family making it to the cabin. It seems like some people already found their way into the cabin. These squatters had children with them so Miles father said they could stay. The protagonist I would say is Miles. He is the main one to tell the story of how he and his family survives the volcano crisis. Miles in his free time would probably build stuff. He built the princess Ali, a bike with 4 seats. He also has a little business where he fixes peoples skateboards for a small fee.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I am reading Friday Night Lights by H.G. Bissinger. The story has been very good so far. The book,to me, has many different protagonist. I would say two protagonist that come to my mind are the quarterback Mike Winchell and the tailback Boobie Miles. They are both pretty much the leaders of the team under the coaches and they hold a great weight of carrying the team throughout the season. I feel like in their free time the boys will go out and party or maybe go in their backyard and play football. They may go out with some of the other team mates and get a bite to eat maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I was reading The Magicians Nephew by C.S. Lewis. It is the first book in the series of The Chronicles of Narnia. The protagonist in this story is Digory. He is a young child in the nineteenth century London. I feel that in his free time this boy would enjoy playing with his friends but would be very careful not to get wounded. I feel that he's very brave at he same time though so he would love to explore some new place with other lads and ladies. I think after he would read a novel with adventure and suspense.

    ReplyDelete