Monday, February 2, 2015

Blog Due 2/6/2015

Question(s): Who/what is the antagonist of your novel and what conflict are they causing for your protagonist.

1) Read a chunk of your book (about a chapter or so) - ten to twenty pages should do.
2) Put the book down and don't pick it back up until you have posted your blog.
3) THINK about the topic you will focus your blog on.
4) WRITE an organized paragraph with a topic sentence, body, and concluding sentence. Shoot for 6-10 sentences in length.

No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -1

66 comments:

  1. Currently I am reading The Tombs by Clive Cussler. The antagonist is a Hungarian. They receive a call from a German professor asking for help with an archeological site in Hungary. He is kidnapped and taken to Hungary by a wealthy and ruthless Hungarian, who claims direct descent from Attila the Hun. They find they were followed by the adventurers who moved in on their site in Louisiana. The Fargo’s rescue the professor and soon find themselves on a hunt for hidden treasures buried by Attila and the unknown site of his tomb. They also encounter allies of the Hungarian and at the end of the book encounter all their European adversaries at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damian the protagonist doesn't As of right now have an antagonist. Him and his dad had a talk and Damian didn't think much of it. Damian's dad is very concerned because Damian is obsessed with being a saint and is hurting himself. The reason of this is because his dad expects too high of expectations and Damian is trying to give himself the title of a saint so he can be perfect. I think he uses his moms death as a tool to get stuff. For example he used her death to get food from neighbors and I believe that's another problem because he relies on that to earn what he gets which I think is wrong. Hopefully he works for what he gets but since he found millions of pounds he won't be doing a lot of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading BeanBall by Gene Fheler. So far the antagonist ;problem in my story is the team chemistry because some people think they are better then others and they feel like they are the star of the team. Luke is the leader and captain of the team and everybody knows that but some people feel other wise. People need to understand that their is no I in team and that its we over me. Because of the poor team chemistry the team is at an all time low and their performing horribly. They have things to fix

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steven Pereira Garcia
    I am reading Gossamer by Lois Lowery. The antagonist in this story is life because life is causing so many problems for Little one. Like life got Littles One adopted and separated from his friends he just go used to. If that was me I would be so so sad maybe more disappointed then sad.But Littles will fight threw it and be fine he is strong. Another few problems the antagonist a.k.a Life has thorn at littels are that he trying to learn new thing but he has to learn all these new rules fast. Well that is bout it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading Gone, written by Michael Grant. We, as the readers have not met the protagonists because the problem is currently unsolved. All people over the age of fifteen have disappeared, and no individual has been blamed. As of right now, the protagonist can be nature because everyone in the book thinks it is a supernatural power causing the horrible event. My protagonist, Sam Temple, is affected by the disappearing just as much as any of the other characters. The loss of parents, teachers, family members, older siblings, firemen, police officers, staff, restaurant workers, cashiers, doctors, nurses, garbage collectors, and crossing guards is taking a toll on each and every one of the characters. This book is incredibly interesting, and it continues to provoke high level thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading the book named, “The Revenge of the Dwarves.” I still do not know the big antagonist yet in the story because the dwarves, elves, and humans in the story don’t know who is making mischief in their kingdoms. I do know however, one thing that has hurt the protagonist very deeply is the death of his son. I believe that a little antagonist in this story is death. After the death of his son the protagonist, Tungdil drank away his sorrow with beer and wine. Tungdil did overcome this with the help of his friend by giving him the option of life or death and Tungdil chose life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reading the maze runner by James Dashner. I think the antagonist is the maze. I think it is the maze because it does not allow them to go home, it keeps them trapped inside. It also creates harm because if you get trapped inside of it at night you are already dead. Once you are trapped there is no getting out. I am really enjoying this book and I am excited to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. “The Red Pyramid”- Rick Riordan

    After reading chapter five of my blog book I have found that the characters now actually know what has been happening to them. The answer is magic. Magical events have been happening to the two protagonists and now they know. They have taken the strange events and pieced the puzzle together, as a reader this is a great thing that the characters actually know what's going on in the book so now the story can progress and the main characters can possibly save their father from a half animal half human Egyptian god. This book is aimed for great story telling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The antagonist of The Children of the mind is Congress. I say this because they are the ones who are sending the fleet to Lusitania to destroy the planet. In order to escape this, Ender, Miro, and Jane have achieved faster than light travel. This involves exiting the universe to the Outside which is a vast empty space with no reality, just a collection of phiolites just there, which in this book composes of all of existence. Then transporting back into the universe anywhere they want to be, down to the centimeter. Congress also created a modified version of OCD for the people of Path to think that there are gods talking to them so Congress could use the gods to indirectly control them to doing what they want them to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am reading the book The Allegra Biscotti Collection by Olivia Bennett. I believe that the Antagonist of the story is Ivana. I believe this because Ivana is the Queen bee of the school and she has turned Holly, ER's best friend against her. I just finished reading chapter 5 of TABC. The chapter starts with Charlie and Emma Rose going into the building that houses Madison magazine. They see all sorts of different people and clothes, from pencil skirts to animal print dresses. Charlie and Emma Rose are dropping off Emma Rose’s completed dress, the raspberry colored dress that Paige adored. They finally find Paige and she gives it to her assistant to place in her office. I think that next there is something that is going to be dealing with Ivana and Holly.
    Clarissa Lawen
    The Allegra Biscotti Collection by Olivia Bennett
    Chapter 5

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bullies from Names will Never Hurt Me by Jamie Adoff are obviously the antagonists. They are racist, mean, and they also pretend you’re not there. The random kids are calling Kurt names, and Cheryl (a girl bully) makes fun of Tisha because of her skin and also pushes her down and beats her and her friend Tiny up in the bathroom with her other friends included in it. There was also a fat kid named Floater that was surprisingly not made fun of that tried to help bullied kids survive high school. I also thought of Ryan as an antagonist because of his personality and he dislikes Kurt because of what he looks like, but he could possibly be a good guy in the end. (125 words)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm reading Allegiant by:Veronica Roth
    There are multiple antagonist in the book but the two main ones are Evelyn and Nita. The antagonists are trying to destroy Chicago. The protagonist are trying to stop that from happening. Tris finds out that the Bureau, which are the head people of the city plans to just wipe the memories of everyone in Chicago. Tobias tries to talk to his mom about it because she is one of the leaders that is doing it. That is as far as i have gotten in the book so i'm not sure what else they are going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am reading the vampire academy by Richelle Mead. The antagonist of this story is probably the Strigoi the evil vampires. I have only read a little bit of the book, but i believe that they are the antagonists because of the way the author talks about them. She says that they are evil, because they can compel people to forget thinks and when they feed they kill people. But they cant really help it in a sense i think that they are forced to be the bad guys because they are born into it. The confllict they are causing my protagonist some trouble but not much right now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling. I have reason to believe so far that there is two antagonists, Draco Malfoy and Tom Riddle or as many others know him as, Lord Voldemort. There are many problem that both of them are causing, for instance, Draco Malfoy has a mission sent on by the Dark Lord, that is what Harry thinks, that Voldemort has Malfoy as a Death Eater, one of his followers. Lord Voldemort is also causing problems by want someone dead. In hindsight Lord Voldemort is to blame and is the main antagonists indirectly, he orders people around to do his bidding for him. He recruited Draco Malfoy to kill the one man he is afraid of, Professor Dumbledore.
    -Ana Alford

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. The antagonist in this story is coma because she is in a coma because of the car hitting a ditch on the side of the road. I do not like and I think it is sad that she is stuck in a coma right now in the hospital. The chapter I just finished is about Mia trying to follow Adam and Kim to the waiting room where they are heading to. I think this is weird and not weird to because it is her boyfriend and she is in a coma too. Mia also has some flashbacks of her and her family on Christmas and other times. I think this is sweet, nice, and sad how she still remembers her family memories. She remembered when she first started playing the cello and she make a band with her dad. Her dad played the drums. I like that she remembers the fun times she had with her family. She also went to a music camp over the summer because she plays the cello. I like that she plays cello because I play viola. This is what this chapter I read was about in the book If I Stay by Gayle Forman.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am reading american sniper by Chris kyle. The antagonist are the people from Afganistan. The problem they are causing is to kill american soldiers but its Chris' job to protect them from roof tops. He had to kill a woman in front of her child because she was holding a Chinese grenade and the convoy was heading torward her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Where She Went" by Gayle Forman

    The antagonist in the book would be the accident because if the accident wouldn't have happened Mia and Adam would still be together and wouldn't break up. The accident killed Mia's whole family therefore, her "spirit" know all that was happening while she was in a comma. By her knowing what was going on she had to decide whether to live or to die. That caused alot of pain and confusion for Mia because she know that if she lives she had to deal with the fact that her parents and little brother are died. Also, if she had choosen to die she would live without Adam and cause so much pain for the people that loved her. Not to mention that she wouldn't play the cello for Juilliard. Overall, the accident have caused much trouble for Mia and Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So far in my book Deep Down Popular By Phoebe Stone the antagonist is Jessie Lou.She isn't really the nicest person she is asked to help Conrad Parker Smith. But she doesn't really want to help she is rude. She also has a really bad personalliity. She only cares about herself and she doesn't care about anyone else but herself. She also doesn't like to help others. Also Conrad Parker Smith isn't able to walk so he needs extra help with like his books and carrying his things. She also doesn't realize that she's not the only person in the world she should start to care more about other people.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am still reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. The antagonist in this book would be President Snow because he is putting people in danger. He causes conflict because he wants to keep the districs as they are, while Kaniss is trying to break the rule and put them all together. He also wants her to go against her peer, Peta. Snow wants her to kill him so everything will go back to normal. Katniss doesn't want this to happen and decides to let him win. Snow is the antagonist for wanting everything to be in his control and evryone else to suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am reading Four by Veronica Roth and there are 2 major antagonists in my book. One is Eric, and the other is Jeanine Matthews. Both Jeanine and Eric are from the faction called Erudite, which wants to take over the faction system because they believe since they are smarter, they should be in charge. Eric transferred to Dauntless and has been communicating to Jeanine, who wants to take over the faction system. Is also trying to sabotage Four by threatening to tell people Four's real name, and telling Jeanine that Four might be Divergent. Jeanine, is trying to kill all Divergents and is creating a serum to control the Dauntless, and kill members of Abnegation so that she can be in charge of the factions. This is what Four is trying to stop and to save the members of Abnegation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Continually reading Maya’s Choice by Earl Sewell. This chapter is about Viviana Vegas and Toya Taylor. Viviana is trying to get her money fast and Toya is going to help her by teaching her how to pickpocket people. Toya is giving her lessons and tell her that see needs to have “quick hands, but also gentle too.” Toya shows Viviana an example and steals someone glasses and money that they had in their shirt. Viviana is stupid enough to be like wow, she’s good! But little does Viviana know that whatever they steal is going in Viviana book back and that’s why I think Toya would be the antagonist because if they get caught Viviana will be at fault.

    ReplyDelete
  22. As of right now I am reading Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring by RR Tolkien. So far I have read up to the begining of chapter 5. So far no main antagonist has been named in my book. The only antagonist-like character that has appeared so far are black riders things that wear black robes and a long black hood and they ride horses. The reason they are antagonist like is that they seek out the main character Frodo.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am currently reading the maze runner by james dashner. So i think the antagonist would be the grievers. They show a major threat to the gladers, cause they kill gladers who are outside at dark, the also break into the glade and attack most of the gladers who are in the glade. I think the grievers wouldn't oppose much as a threat in day time then nigh time. Cause you will be able to see where and which not to go vs not seeing where to go or be at.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am currently reading The Hobbit or there and back again by J.R.R. Tolkien. There is no real continuous antagonist as they go along there adventure through the mountains and things there are a series of different conflicts. Like when the goblins showed up they showed conflict to them by taking their ponies and fooling around with them and tying them up. This may be a conflict but Bilbo started the one where he was trying to show off and steal something from the trolls and he fails and gets caught by the trolls and the dwarves have to help him out. I am very interested in this book and I love the journey they take. It keeps me reading because I want to truly see what happens throughout there fantastic quest.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This week I am still reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. The antagonist in the story is the capitol or President Snow. The antagonists are causing a lot of trouble for Katniss and her people because they started by creating the hunger games, an annual tournament in which children have to fight to the death, and then the kidnapped Peeta, Johanna, and Enobaria from the arena at the end of Catching Fire. Now, they are bombing and attacking districts in Panem to try to “solve the problems”. So, Katniss and District 13’s people must fight against the capital and President Snow to make the country free.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am reading The Maze Runner by jo denner. The antagonist would have to be at this point the Grievers they are vary fears and deadly creatures that live in the maze they primarily come out at night but some are out during the day they are big half bionic half insect with a stinger that you cant even see the hit marcs on a person it is so small and they make you go thru something called the changing. They make it hard on the protagonist because they prevent him from escaping the maze and regaining his stolen memory.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am still reading the book Code Talker by Joseph Bruchac. I am on chapter twenty in my book. I would think that the antagonist is the war. The war is the problem right now because Ned is trying to stay strong. When they were first trying the code, he was not sure what he would be doing with his other group of people. They are trying to deliver the code to the other navy team. Ned is having a little trouble with the climate change. They are in Hawaii to fight against the Japanese on Pearl Harbor. The Navajos are the best troops because they are used to walking and running far.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This week I am still reading The Twenty One Balloons by William Pene du Bois. the antagonist of the story is society itself. The press and others are constantly on his case about the story of his journey to be told to them because they are so anxious to hear of his story. The conflict of this story is man vs society. This conflict plays throughout the story and most of the conflict is with society.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am currently reading Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams. Even though I am four chapters in, they have not yet described the antagonist. They have, however, described the effect of what the antagonist will do, which is destroy the universe pre-maturely. This is a very big conflict for the protagonists, Arthur Dent, Ford Prefect, and Slartibartfast, for they live in the universe, and it would be terrible if it was destroyed. Right now they are in Slartibartfast's ship. I assume that he is about to tell them either more about the conflict, who the antagonist is, or both.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am currently reading the Beginning of Everything by Robin Schneider. I feel like the antagonist in this story is Ezra's patella. In the beginning of the book, Ezra is a "golden boy" but gets into a car wreck and shatters his knee cap as the outcome. This disables him to play tennis, a sport at which he excels at. Unfortunately, this also disables him from having a career of being a professional tennis player. I feel bad for Ezra, but I like the way he deals with the situation more. He doesn't let his knee ruin his chances at being the best he can be.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, Ms. Watson. The book I am reading is the Scorch Trials by James Dashner. The book has many antagonists, but I think the main antagonists is WICKED, a group of scientists that are testing teenagers from the Maze Runner to find a cure for the Flare Virus. WICKED is causing major problems for Thomas and the Maze Runners like they are starting the Scorch Trials and they have two weeks to reach the safe haven, Teresa is missing, and they put them in a building surrounded by anxious Cranks, people that were infected with the Flare virus that are envious of the people that don’t have the virus. WICKED created deadly traps for the Maze Runners on the way to the safe haven. The book is very well-written. I can’t wait to read more. (135 words)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Saving Elliot by ‘northbynorth’
    So, I finally found out Elliot’s last name (the female). Elliot Jensen is the protagonist and Elliot Fintry (the male) may be the antagonist. The reason I say he may be the antagonist is because he irritates Jensen. He’s not exactly stopping Jensen from doing anything but there’s a little bit of tension between the two. The first conflict between the two occurred when the two first met and it was over a slice of pie. The pie clearly had Elliot’s name on it but, they’re both named Elliot so, it kind of took off from there. I’m sure as the book goes along there will be more conflicts.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Matthew Fowler
    2/6/15
    The Man in the High Castle
    Phillip K. Dick

    The antagonist in my book would probably be the Nazi and Japanese governments established through out the world. They have completely reshaped the world and have committed massive atrocities through out the world to ensure that their agenda is completed. The characters or protagonists in my book had to completely reshape their lives to them. They had to go back on everything they grew up knowing and most of them know that this new world they live is not right. I won’t lie that technology had increased at a massive rate, but so much was sacrificed in order to do this. In the end, the antagonist has completely changed the protagonists world for the worse.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Currently I am reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth. The antagonist is a woman named Jeanine, which is a character that builds a "mind controlling Potion?" that enables her to control ones mind and she injects it into the strongest people of the nation and the ones that are trained to fight also known as the military. Then she attacks this city that has valuable information, this effects the main character because this character was suppose to be one of the fighters but since she is divergent the potion does not work on her. Since she is divergent Jeanine finds out and wants to kill her because she is a potentially harmful to the operation.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am reading Memory Boy by Will Weaver. I have read chapters three through five. The antagonist so far I say would be the volcano. Ever since the volcano erupted sending smoke in the air. That is creating a lot of problems from getting food to robbers. All these things are happening to Miles family, so he has to take time to go on a trip with his family. This is also creating tension between the family to were they are not getting alone anymore. Miles is trying to keep the family together, since they got robbed for some candy and food.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am reading Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood. The antagonist of this book is Charlie because he is having problems with himself. He can be a protagonist too sometimes. He is the one that needs help with things and he is always having some kind of trouble. His parents are the antagonist too, because they do not think that Sam’s spirit exists and can makes Charlie feel upset. They are saying that he needs to see a doctor because of that. Charlie is also having trouble of talking to a girl that he really likes and Sam will get in his way. He does not like that.
    By Anastasia Ehlers

    ReplyDelete
  37. Title: The Hunger Games
    Author: Suzanne Collins
    In the first book of the series the government is the antagonist. The reason the government is antagonist is because they are entity of opposing Katniss. I started in the beginning of chapter four. In this chapter I read about this new characters Peeta and Haymitch. Haymitch gets drunk and starts to vomit then he falls into his own vomit. Peeta volunteers to clean up the vomit. Katniss is also in the room sitting wondering why Peeta is wanted to clean it up. Then she starts to think that he might just very nice. When the train finally gets to the capital Katniss and Peeta are amazed at the grandeur and strangeness of the capital. The people who lived there had paint in their faces and bizzarre haircut. I think that it still like today when we go somewhere new we see their way of life just like the capital of the book. We might think is weird but for them it is normal.(171)

    ReplyDelete
  38. The Dead, by Charlie Higson, my antagonist well antagonists are zombies that cause many problems for my protagonists. The zombies are only people 16 and older and the protagonists are kids under 16 so that is a big disadvantage for the protagonist but a big advantage for the antagonist so the zombies have so many advantages over the survivors. Zombies have caused many problems so far, they have chased the surviving kids out of the school where they had their base, they have trapped the survivors in a church yard and have almost killed them several times and I’m sure there will be many more problems they will cause in the future

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello Mrs. Watson,
    This week I have continued reading "Me Talk Pretty One Day' by David Sedaris.
    As I have stated last week, the only character that has a big part in this book is David himself. David, I believe, is both the protagonist AND antagonist in this story. He is the protagonist because he is the main character and it is based out of his point of view. He is antagonist as well because, he is the main character, he causes his own problems. The problems that occur to him are more like character vs. self or possibly character vs. society. All in all I would definitely conclude that David is both the protagonist and antagonist because the story is about him! The story is written by him! It is David writing about his personal expiriences! The other possible antagonist would be society because David is constantly battling with society and trying to fit in and become accepted into it. I am enjoying the book so far and am looking forward continuing it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am currently reading Eleanor and Park By Rainbow Rowell. In this book, the antagonist is a popular kids at school. The popular kids always insult Eleanor and make her feel bad about herself. The result of all the bullying is that Eleanor loses self-esteem, and becomes less confident in herself. And, because Park used to be popular, she doesn't think that she deserves to date him. Also, when Eleanor is insulted Park even gets into a fight with the boy who insulted her. In conclusion, as a result of all the bullying, Eleanor loses self-esteem, and Park is there to help her get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am still reading Pet Sematary by Stephen King, a big event in the book has happened in the book, a really tragic and horrible event that was inspired by an actual event in the life of Stephen King. So what in what I read was that Louis went and barried the cat, and the cat comes back but its a bit violent, and then like the whole family goes on a picnic, and the 1 year old babe, Gage, wanders off and he walks into the road and gets hit by a big truck, and he gets torn apart pretty much. This tragic event was inspired by something that happened when Stephen King was younger, his son walked into the road and a Stephen King stopped him before a truck hit him. Question: Who is the antagonist in my book, well there will be a main antagonist in my book coming soon, but as of right now the antagonist is the pet sematary, and it hasn't really caused much problems, but its obviously negative because of the dreams and other things that happened with things like that. I bet you can guess who will be the antagonist soon, the pet sematary brings people back to life, the 1 year old baby just died, hint hint!

    ReplyDelete
  42. The Death Cure
    By: James Dashner
    In my last blog, I discussed the issue that Rat Man is going to forcefully give Minho, Newt, and Thomas’ memories back after all. Newt struggles at first, but then lets Rat Man’s guards take him. The guards have a weapon called ‘launchers’ that have shoots electrified grenades. Once the three boys are in the room, Brenda shows up and she has apparently been working for WICKED the whole time! Before Thomas is about to be injected with the serum that will sedate him, Brenda winks at him. Right before Brenda is about to inject the needle, she trips and presses the syringe into the guard holding Thomas down. Thomas, Newt, Minho, and Brenda then fight the guards and stun Rat Man to get out. Brenda explains that Jorge has a Berg in the Hangar that they can get away in, but before they move anywhere, they hear footsteps. The antagonist is WICKED, and they cause the conflict of attempting to do something good by using wrong actions.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am still reading Looking for Alaska by John Green. The antagonist in my book is when Pudge gets thrown into the lake by the two boys. That happened in the last chapter but it still had a lot of effect on what happened in this chapter.They found out the two guys that threw him into the lake and started to plan out what they would do for revenge, they didn't say what they would do yet. They did say though that they would regret it, because Pudge could have died. It is most likely pretty obvious that they would want revenge, I would but probably wouldn't have made big plans on it. Basically, it is obvious that this problem made big problems for Pudge and his friends already since he just got to the school for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm reading the book flowers for Algernon by Daniel keys the antagonist is charlies mentile state it makes him think different and it doesn't help him think like normal people he rilly wants to think like us and he wanted to be able to have conversation and be able to know what his eacher and friends and his so called friends and he rilly just wants to be smart an be able to help the teacher at his local school he just wants to ne able to be smart

    ReplyDelete
  45. This week I finished reading chapter 4 of to kill a mocking bird by Haper Lee. In this chapter scout runs past the creepy house after school because she is scared of boo Radley. I think that this is a way for Harper Lee to introduce yet another character into the story. I don’t mind all the characters but if you were just kind of skimming through the book and not really paying attention to it than it might be hard to keep up with all of the characters. Other than that I think that it is a very good and interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preston, make sure you are answering the question!

      Delete
  46. I am still currently reading Eon: by Alison Goodman. This book centers on Eon, a “boy” who’s really a girl. From what I can tell, (I’ve really only read about five chapters,) the antagonist is part of the government, which is the Dragoneye council. There is a person who is on the council, named Ido. I think he’s trying to overthrow the emperor because the emperor is sick which means that he could potentially take over the council and become the overlord of the council. Eon is basically caught up in a cross-fire of government positions that will most likely end in war.
    - Sydni Simoson (108 words)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am currently reading "Leaving, The Bailey Flanigan Series" Book number 1, by Karen Kingsbury. The antagonist of the book I think would be the person she is in love with, Cody Coleman. He does not necessarily try to be the antagonist, yet he causes issues for Bailey. For example, she got the role in a Broadway part yet doesn't want to take it because she is extremely worried for the disappearance of Cody. She wants to stay in her hometown in case Cody comes back. She also doesn't want to leave her family and friends. Cody Coleman's mother is in jail, so in order to get closer to her he takes a coaching job in Indianapolis. This tears Bailey up because she is worried as to where he is and if their love with survive.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Manipulate
    Corrie Garrett

    In Manipulate the antagonist would be the aliens. Because they took the protagonist which is Sam away from his family. To go through a series of test to go back home to Earth. Also the antagonist could be fear because Sam is going back home to Earth and he hasn't saw his family for 18 years. So in this story I don't really know whi the antagonist would be. Because I need to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I am reading "I Survived" by Lauren Parshis. The antagonist in this book would be sharks. The whole story is about shark attacks, so the antagonist has to be sharks. The only conflict the sharks are causing for the protagonist is fear. The sharks are striking fear in the main character, Chet, and most of the town Chet lives in. While they are not doing anything physically to Chet, they are causing a mental conflict with Chet. It is different because most books have a physical conflict between the antagonist and the protagonist, but in this book it is a mental conflict between the antagonist and the protagonist.

    ReplyDelete
  50. This week I read Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, chapter 4 “plundering Germany”. I thought to myself who will be the antagonist in the story. Then after a while it came to be the Nazis because when Louis goes to the Olympics opening he arrives with everyone that qualified and as they look around they see Nazi flags and Nazi soldiers around doing the solute. This affects him because he has never seen that before because he is not from around there. When Louis tried to take a Nazi flag 2 soldiers tackled him on to the floor for trying to take it. Eventually they let him take it but it is a sign that they are unfriendly people.

    ReplyDelete
  51. The Titans Curse
    Rick Rordan
    The antagonist in my book is Luke. He has caused many problems in the book so far that I have read. He has taken Athena right know and Percy and the others are looking to find her. Luke other than that really hasn't done much that has stirred up trouble or anything like that but I see later in the book that he will cause more trouble for Percy and his friends. I think Percy will find Athena and all of them in the end will take down Luke and evil. For know Luke hasn't caused more trouble other than taking Athena.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Swindle
    Gordan Korman
    The antagonist in my book is a man named Mr. Swindle. He has caused numerous problems for Sam and his friends. Not to mention initiating the conflict by ripping off the kids and buying their card for a price that was way too low. He also upgraded his security system making it even harder for the kids to get into his house and retrieve their card. Also he had to get a guard dog to make it nearly impossible for the kids to get into his house or store. Not to mention countless other problems created or enhanced by Mr.Swindle.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I am reading Friday Night Lights by H.G. Bissinger. The story has been very good. The antagonist to me aren't so much a person. I think the antagonist is the discrimination and racism that is going in between the town and the team. Racism and discrimination can keep the team from combining to stay as one and to actually make the team the best it could be. You can't make a team out of people who dont want to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I am reading The Fault in our Stars by John Greene. I believe the antagonist in my book is cancer. The book is mainly about a romantic relationship. Both the boy and girl have a type of cancer. Cancer is the antagonist, because it is like a shadow of death that lingers around every day. Cancer causes pain and usually really bad depression. Hazel goes to a community college and only a few classes a week. She has to carry an oxygen tank everywhere she goes or she cannot breathe at all. Her lungs have cancer in them making it a hard task to breathe. Therefore, cancer is definitely the antagonist.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I was reading The Magicians Nephew by C.S. Lewis. It is the first book in the series of The Chronicles of Narnia. The antagonist in this story is an evil witch with the name of Jadis. She is making Digory and polly take her to another world so she may take it over and rule. She was awoken by Digory and Polly in her former world, Chan, that was destroyed by Jadis. She wished to be taken to other worlds so she may conquer them.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hunger games mocking fire by Suzanne Collins
    The villains of the main character are the capital people because they bomb district that have nothin to do with the people who rebel is other districts ( there are 13 districts and the district are like states and the capital is like Washington, D.C. And they control all the districts) so that made the main character Katniss everdeen even more mad and then what set her off and made her join the rebellion to take over the capital is that her boyfriend/friend peeta was being held by the capital and being totured and forced to say stuff that was not true.
    By Josiah flint

    ReplyDelete