Monday, January 12, 2015

Blog Due 1/16/2014

Question(s): Of the characters you've met in your book so far, who do you think will be the most dynamic (remember the definition of this word) by the end of the book and why?

1) Read a chunk of your book (about a chapter or so) - ten to twenty pages should do.
2) Put the book down and don't pick it back up until you have posted your blog.
3) THINK about the topic you will focus your blog on.
4) WRITE an organized paragraph with a topic sentence, body, and concluding sentence. Shoot for 6-10 sentences in length.

No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -10

79 comments:

  1. I am reading Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood. The dynamic person would probably be Charlie. In the beginning, his brother, Sam and Charlie were in the car accident. Thankfully Charlie survived, but sadly Sam died. Charlie was really upset of what happened but days later Charlie has realized that he could talk to Sam. He sees Sam every day and night because he appears to be a spirit. It still feels like he is there with him. He plays baseball with him and his family does not believe of what is happening with Charlie and what he is seeing. His family thinks that he needs to go the doctor because they think that he is hallucinating. His life is definitely changing while being with Sam.
    By Anastasia Ehlers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hungers Games mocking jay by: Suszane Collins
    I think that Katniss Everdeen will be the dynamic character ( well I already know because I read the first two books and she was the main character in those two) and because she is the the most interesting character in the first too books that I read because she caused lots of problems for the capital in the first two books because she and peeta the other person in the hungergames with her ( he’s on her team) were about to commit suicide because they wanted to make a point that they loved each other so the capital didn’t let them commit suicide then the next hunger games they were again in it because it was the 50th aniversity of the hunger games to celebrate all the people who had won the hunger games who were still alive had to go back to games to compete again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josiah, remember that they dynamic character isn't necessarily the main character, although it often is, so don't use that as evidence of them being dynamic. Also, can I get some punctuation : ) Otherwise, very good.

      Delete
  3. I started a book called Eon, a couple of weeks ago. The protaginast, Eon, is pretending to be a boy. Eon is actually a girl, but since only boys can participate in the ceremony of the Dragoneye's, his master tells him to pose as a boy. I think Alison Goodman (The author,) will make Eon expose her true identity as Eona, the girl version of him. I hope that Goodman will make Eon expose herself as a girl because it will make the book EXTREMELY interesting. The reason it will make it interesting is, girls are not supposed to participate in the ceremony and if the emperor finds out that Eon is a girl, he could potentially execute him/her.
    -Sydni Simpson (121 words, roughly.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes will in the beginning ti talks about how charley the main character he is specula in the head he is going to school and his teacher recommended a treatment that could make him smart make him normal and he wants to be smarter he wants to be able to under stand what people are talking.I think that he should do the operation no body should be ignorant its just not fair i think that every one deserve to be smart a
    Everyone deserves to have common sense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you answer the question and proofread, too!

      Delete
  5. I haven’t started reading in a new book yet, but I have read only a little over 3/4 of this current book. I think the most dynamic character will be Grego because in the beginning, he was young and violent, but changed A LOT when he went on a near light speed trip to meet Valentine and her family. He became much more respectful, but because of his accident just not much earlier before, he feels like nobody knows him anymore. He also accidently caused a mob of people to nearly destroy Rooter’s forest and because if this, he was sent to jail. I think he will be the most dynamic because of all that has happened to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must start a new book ASAP! What is the title of the book you are writing about and who is the author?

      Delete
  6. Kurt from Names Will Never Hurt Me by Jamie Adoff would be the one that is the most dynamic character in the book. He is the most dynamic because he used to be beaten up a lot in high school, but now on the last chapter, he finally faced his fears. He also earned more respect for once (I was guessing how it ends). He is also the most dynamic because he became even more confident than he was before. Kurt has felt lonely at first because he had low self-esteem and he gets bullied a bunch by being called a “freak” and getting beat up. Kurt would make the best main character. (113 words)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reading The Revenge of the Dwarves from the Dwarf series from the great mind of Markus Heitz. The character that I believe will be the upmost dynamic character in The Revenge of the Dwarves is a dwarf by the name of Tungdil Goldenhand. I believe this because he is the main character and from my knowledge, the main character is most likely dynamic. Also he has changed a lot from the first book to now. He once was an athletic warrior, now he is a drunken dwarf. I really hope that my opinion is true because Tungdil is my favorite character.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In chapter two of Hawkes harbor. One thing that bothered Dr. McDevitt that Jamie Sommers had no visitors. Jamie is just another of the eastern state, and knows that the wing is a crime filled area of the city. I say that Jamie will change in a way of self pitty and worry at the end of the book. I state this because he has seen many insane cases of insanity. Jamie wanders about how these serious cases came about. McDevitt sighed over the letter. He'd see Jamie in a few minutes. Than he started chasing Jamie and didn't send the nurse but he went after him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am reading Deep Down Popular by Phoebe Stone. So far in my book I think the dynamic character would be Jessie because she changes a lot so far from what I read she has to help out Conrad Parker Smith because he has a leg brace he needs help taking his bike home which has been there got over two months he also needs help carrying his books home. Jessie really doesn’t want to help out. When she sees him she has an attitude and doesn’t want to help. When she starts to talk to him she is rude.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been reading through chapter four of Code Talker by Joseph Bruchac. There is really only one main character so far that I believe is dynamic .Ned Begay is a Navajo Indian who was sent away to a boarding school at the age of six to learn the English language. The white men were not respectful of Navajo customs, and Nate did not like being away from his family. He did not understand anything the white men were saying, so he was very home sick. If he spoke the Navajo language in school, they would wash his mouth out with soap. So far, I am enjoying the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The elite
    By Kiera Cass
    I just finished chapter two in the book elite and one of the dynamic characters in the book is America. The reason why I think she is dynamic is because she changes in the first book called the selection. In the second book the elite it shows America starting to like Prince Maxson in chapter two. I think Aspen is dynamic because he is starting to like America more and more. In first book the selection it shows him disliking her towards the end. In the book elite is shows Aspen staring to like America more and more in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am currently reading Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. So far, I think the character Park will be the most dynamic. I think this because so far because he had already began to change in the first part of this book. Park starts off only caring for himself, but let’s Eleanor sit next to him on the bus even if his friends think she’s weird. Even though Park isn’t nice to her, it is still a change in his character. Also, in the future of this book I think that Eleanor’s and Park’s characters will both change in the future of this book. I think that Eleanor’s character will change too; as the book progresses; I think that Eleanor will begin to let people in, even though she has been hurt in the past. In conclusion, I can’t wait to keep reading this book and see if my predictions come true!
    (152 words)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am currently reading Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. There are many characters in the story. The characters introduced so far are, the main character who is unnamed, her mom, her dad, step mom, her brothers Matt and Jonny. She also has two friends named Sammi and Megan. I think that the most dynamic character in the story will be the main character. I think this because she has a few problems in her life right now, but I think that by the end of the book she will have a change of heart. I think that her problems and how she deals with them will make her a person who is dynamic. Although she doesn't have many characteristics I think that by the end of the book she will become the most dynamic character.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Death Cure by James Dashner: The book I am reading is the third and final book in the main series of Maze Runner. I know all of the characters that have been seen in the book so far because they were in the previous ones. But I think the person who will change the most is Brenda. At the end of the second book Brenda began to talk inside Tomas’ mind, just like Teresa can. I think this means that she helped create the maze like Tomas and Teresa or just works for WICKED. I think she will begin to take things in a different way than she did before and drop the way she acted around Tomas in the last book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. The main character who is Mia is dynamic because she changes when she loses her wonderful family and her thoughts and feelings change. She is seventeen years old. One day Mia and her family went on a trip to see Gram and Gramps and then all the sudden they hit a ditch. I think that is crazy because it happened all in one instant. Her Dad and Mom got hurt badly. Her brother Teddy also got hurt. This is so sad and crazy that it happened so quickly. She is also hurt with a collapsed lung and has to have surgery done in the hospital. She has to have a CAT scan done also. This is insane that her family hitting a ditch has risked most of their lives. This is so far in the book If I Stay by Gayle Forman.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am reading Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring by R.R Tolken. So far I have read to chapter two and Gandalf a wizard convinced Frodo and his gardener Sam to go on a quest at the end of the second chapter. The character that I think will be the most dynamic is Frodo. I think he will be the most dynamic character because he is being sent on a mission and right now he is zealious about his misson and that could change.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am reading The Maze Runner by James Dashner i thenk that Thomes will undergo the most not just becuse he is the main carichter but he is all ready changing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Titans Curse
    Rick Rordan
    I think that Percy will be the most dynamic character. Why because based on what happens in the book or in the characters actions or what happens to the characters he will always react differently based of what happens to the character. He acts differently in the book based of the scenery or how the characters act in that scene. He has many different emotions and thinks differently than most people. I think that Percy will act differently throughout the book. This is who I think will be dynamic throughout the book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This week I am reading Four by Veronica Roth. If I had to pick the most dynamic character, I would pick Four, because of his faction change, new friends, and leadership roles. Four started as a shy abnegation child, but since he is changing to Dauntless, he is going to have to fight, and become brave. This could change his personality a lot over time and make him stronger mentally because he was afraid of his Dad, but through Dauntless he may become less afraid of the things around him. He is also getting new friends. Everyone knows that the longer you hang out with people, the more they can influence you. His new friends might just make him open up to others and to them and make him a more outgoing person. Finally, he is getting new leadership roles in Dauntless. Going from small kid to a brave Dauntless leader or trainer, is going to give him more power than he has ever had. That amount of power might make him a tougher guy around others and stand up for himself more than before.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am reading "Where She went" by Gayle Forman, so far the character that I believe will be dynamic at the end of the book will be Adam because even though he is famous he is unhappy therefore, I believe that he will change. The reason why he is sad and depressed is because he loss the love of his life (Mia). He is living his dream, being a famous singer and in a band, but that doesn't matter because after the car accident nothing was the same with Mia. Now that Mia is famous Adam thought that he could go "hear" Mia play, after the show Mia wanted to see Adam and that is when I know everything will change because the way Adam reacted in front of Mia shows that he still has feelings for her and that he would like to get back together. That is why I think Adam will change at the end because he will fight for Mia's love and live happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am reading the book I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916 by Lauren Tarhis. If I had to choose a character to be the most dynamic, I would have to say the main character's uncle, Jerry. So far, all I know is that he works/owns a diner in a small town in Virginia. The first thing that comes up in this book is a news paper article that talks about a big shark attack on the beach in the Atlantic, near the town. Jerry did not believe the article, in fact, he called it a hoax. He doesn't believe in shark attack. I think he will change after a while because in the first chapter, the author uses some foreshadowing and talks a little bit about the end of the book, and what I have read in the first chapter already tells me that he might just change his mind about a shark attacking a human, or maybe even is own nephew, which just so happens to be the main character.

    ReplyDelete
  22. “Maya’s Choice” by Earl Sewell. Maya Rogers; A teenage girl. She has a boyfriend and a cousin she can’t stand. She having to move to the city with her grandma and she find out her cousin who she can’t stand has to come stay with her. They both don’t get along. She pretty upset about that. But I think she will change and end up getting along with her cousin depending on how long she’s staying with her grandma. They will eventually have to work there problems out.
    "Maya's Choice"

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am reading Gone, by Michel Grant. Of the characters I have met so far, I think that Astrid will be the most dynamic because right now she is a smart know-it-all. The disappearance of all people over age fifteen is not something that she will know about, so she will probably change. So far, the book is really interesting and Sam, the main character has many qualities of a hero, and I think he and some others have supernatural powers. It says the same can create floating balls and beams of light with his hands, and another girl can shoot blasts of fire from her hands. I am thoroughly enjoying this book.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Currently I am reading The Tomb by Clive Cussler. How many wives are the High Kings allowed to have. How many languages are they able to speak because he spoke more than English or Latin. Are they in a castle or mansion. Why were the ignorant the suspicious people. Where is the chamber that they are going into right now. What is Attila’s doing. Where did Priscus get his sickness from. Did Priscus poison the wine that the High King drank. Why does Onegesius think that Priscus poisoned the High King. It turns out that Priscus didn’t poison the wine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Death Cure
    By: James Dashner
    I am reading the third book of the Maze Runner, The Death Cure. The Death Cure continues exactly where it left off from in the Scorch Trials, the second book in the series. Thomas is imprisoned in a white room with nothing to do. Until, one day, Rat Man enters the cell and explains to him that Wicked is close to developing a cure. Then he says something, he says that Thomas is immune to the Flare and that people on the streets call people like Thomas ‘Munies’. He also explains that the people really hate Munies. Who isn’t immune then? I think that Newt will be the most dynamic character in this book because he did not know what to do in some situations when the Gladers were in the Scorch. I also think that Minho might be the most dynamic character, because even though he is tough, he was overpowered many times and he lost his leadership role in the Scorch.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am reading Life, the Universe, and Everything by Douglas Adams, the third book in his "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series. The most dynamic character I would pick in this book would be Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged, an immortal being whose goal is to taunt every single person and alien in the universe in alphabetical order, having nothing else productive to do with this life. I do hope I get to see more of this character and maybe see him realize what he's doing is really stupid, but from what I know of Douglas Adam's writing, this character will probably only reappear once in a future chapter and never be mentioned or seen again.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am reading The Fault in our Stars by John Greene. I chose this book, because I saw the movie and loved it. The book is about a really cute relationship. Right now, Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters are already starting to become really cute friends. They have a sort of flirty friendship. They are both completely honest about the awfulness of cancer. I like the book a lot, because Augustus always tries to find something in common with Hazel Grace. The book shows girls that anyone can find a true love. I would only recommend the book to girls who like romance stories.
    By,
    Grace K. Ehlers

    ReplyDelete
  28. This quarter I am reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. Chapter ones begins right where Catching Fire left off. Katniss is in a hovercraft on her way to District 13. She had to be tranquilized because she was mad and was thrashing out at Haymitch after she discovered that Peeta had been captured by the capital at the end of the 75th games. When she wakes up, she wanders around and finds Haymitch and Finnick in the control room along with Plutarch Heavensbee, who she finds out was coordinating the rebel movement in Panem for a while. I believe the most dynamic character in the story so far is Katniss, because she has already changed so much in the series and now with Peeta captured in the capital she will have even more changes to endure. (135 words)

    ReplyDelete
  29. The book that I am currently reading is called The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider. So far, I feel like Ezra, the main character, will definitely change throughout the story, especially since he is already changing. Cassidy and Toby might also change throughout the story as well, but I don't think as much as Ezra. I haven't read much of the story this week, so I can't really say that I've learned that much. I hope that by next week I can read more of the story and learn even more about the character and see how they'll change as the book progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Today I read Manipulate. I chose this book because Ilike the action and adventure. This book is about a 19 year old boy named Sam he is from earth but lives on a alien planet. He is living with other aliens and has a mentor named Spoo. Also I think the dynamic moment will be when Sam returns to earth. After his final sacrifice....

    ReplyDelete
  31. In my book I think Sam will be the dynamic character. Because he is the main character. Also he is going on a big adventure back to his home planet Earth. So far he has had to make a series of sacrifices of alien animals. He's finally going back home but I have to keep reading to find out. So this all I know so far and I still think Sam will be the dynamic for my following reasons

    ReplyDelete
  32. The book I am reading this week is called unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. The first chapter in the book is called The One Insurgency. The main character in the book is a boy named Louis Zamperini, he is a young boy from Italy and he has an older brother and two younger sisters. No one likes him because he is a big troublemaker, he gets into crime trouble about every day and never seems to be punished, and the only reason why he does not get in trouble by the police is because his dad is a respectful man in town. I think that Louis is going to me a dynamic person because he will be going into the army and as you know they are very strict. So he will most likely change at the end of the book. In conclusion Louis is a trouble maker as well as he is going to be a dynamic character that will change throughout the book.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Isurgent by Veronica Roth

    I think that Tris will be the most dynamic because she is to closed and to be able to survive with the group of divergents she is with she will need to learn to communicate better. I also think that she will become stronger emotionally and physically. Emotionally because I believe that her boyfriend "Four" and her will split up which will be very hard on her and force her to become stronger, and physically because she will need to be to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am reading the maze runner by James dashner.Characters that are dynamic are newt , thomas, chuck and minho. Thomas change progress fully from the beginning he was to afraid to leave the box he came in, he soon became the hero who helps them escaped from the glade. Minho is another character who turned from a cocky to a nice guy. Newt becomes thomas good friend and so does chuck is another character who scared of leaving the glade, but when thomas showed up he changed .

    ReplyDelete
  35. Matthew Fowler
    01/16/15
    The Man in the High Castle
    Philip K. Dick

      Wow, just wow, I never thought I could find a novel like this. I have always been a fanatic about alternative history, but this just takes the cake. After doing some extensive research about what I should read, this had stolen be from the minute I read the description. The only thing that bothered me about this when I first began to read was the word structure in some of the sentences and the start. I really didn’t have to much of a understanding in the beginning, but I was able to catch on to it pretty fast. I think what tripped me up was trying to read sentences like “And so finally her borderline flicker of greeting to strangers had annoyed him, as had her plantlike, silent, I'm-on-a-mysterious-errand way of coming and going.” There seemed to be a lot sentencing structuring just like this or it just being what seemed like a run on sentence to me. Other then those flaws, I had a great time reading the chapter. I was able to easily visualize what was happening and get a understanding of some of the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am reading Distant Waves by Suzanne Weyn. I believe that the main character will be the most dynamic, so far in the book I haven't even figured out her name nor has it been said. I think she will change the most because she is so attached to her sister and doesn't have her own personality. She is very dependent on her sister for guidance and I think as the story moves on she will learn to be more independent. She also has three other sisters that I think she will learn responsibilities from.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am reading BeanBall by Gene Fehler. Out of the characters I've meet so far I have to say I think Luke "Wizard" Wallace will be the most dynamic at the end of the book because for one he is the main character and they normally change but also because he is like the superstar; the leader of the team and that means integer people will look up to him. He also thinks everyone deserves a fair chance to show what they got. You can really tell that he has some growing and learning to do but he is a good leader.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This week I read the second chapter of the book to kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee. In this chapter their friend Dill has to leave to go back to Meridian. Also scout has to prepare for her first year of school since it’s the end of the summer. I think like most books this one is starting out really slow but they are starting to introduce more characters and develop a plot. I’ve had people that have read this book tell me that it is a great book with a very interesting story line so I’m looking forward to getting to the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Title: The Hunger games

    Author: Suzanne Collins


    I started to read chapter two of the hunger games. In this chapter Katniss sister prim gets called for the hunger games. Then Katniss goes up to her sister and grabs her and says " I volunteer as tribute". As soon when Katniss said those words the crowd was confused. Then prim runs up to her sister and grabs telling her that she wanted to go. Then Katniss friend comes Gale and takes prim to her mother. Then the crowd raises three of the middle fingers puts them on the lip. This gesture means thank you. I think I was pretty smart about Katniss helping her sister not get killed.(116)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am currently reading The Beginning of Everything. The dynamic character is a boy named Ezra. He was suppose to be the homecoming king but the following summer, he met his girlfriend. Her name was Charlotte, he loved her but sadly she cheated on him before his tragedy. Ezra got into this horrible car crash and that ended his homecoming king chances, his relationship, and his tennis career. Anyway, Ezra became a loner when he came back for his senior year of high school. So in conclusion, Ezra will most likely be the one to change the most throughout the book.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I think by the end of the book, Katniss will be the most dynamic character because she has already been through the games, so have others, but she was recently in one. As for others, it's been a while since everyone else had played. Katniss is a very tough outgoing person and I feel like she will change by the end of the book because of the way it has been played out. This is a very intense book, which keeps me reading and I see that Katniss is already letting a little bit go, changing the way she might play the game.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am reading Looking for Alaska by John Green. The character I believe will be dynamic is Miles Halters, which is the main character. He just now moved to Florida for a school called Culver Creek, which is a place his father went for school also. Given the obvious reasons of him changing personality wise, he will be distant from his parents so he will not act exactly the same as he would've with his parents. He will meet new people and change along with the change of his surroundings.He met a person called Chip Martin who will be sharing a room with him, Chip is a short buff guy who was born and raised in Florida. He also meets a girl named Alaska who he met through the Colonel (Chip). They are both very different from Pudge (Miles) so he will obviously change rather quickly or slowly throughout the year. The book is going at a faster pace then from what I remember and I am really enjoying it. I am excited to read this book and continue to see the adventure Pudge has at Culver Creek with the Colonel and Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am still reading the book Pet Sematary by Stephen King, as the book goes on the friendship of Louis Creed and his elderly neighbor Jud Crandall is getting stronger. This book has a deep meaning as I remember when I read it, and especially one sentence in the whole book that just sent chills down my spine as I read it, it was truly dark and twisted. The meaning of the book starts to show now, but is far from fully explained. Anyway, Louis Creed has two children, one named Gage who is his 1 year old son, and a daughter who is around 7 and half years old. Ellie starts to fear that her cat Church will end up in a place like the Pet Sematary some day, Louis tries to comfort her but his wife Rachel gets mad at him for trying to explain death to the young child. This reminds me of how hard death is to handle at any age but especially at a young age, it is truly tragic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great blog, but you didn't answer the question!

      Delete
  44. I am now reading Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade by Ryder Windham based on a story by George Lucas and Menno Meyjes. I suppose the dynamic character in this story is not yet discovered. The story takes place at Monument Valley, Utah in 1912 when a group of boy scout troops go exploring and one of them, Indiana, but his friends call him Indy, finds a cave with mercenaries. He sees him wearing a priceless artifact the cross of Coronado, thinking it belongs to the museum so he took it and tried to escape on horseback being chased by many mercenaries in automobiles, he jumped into a circus train to loose them while on it he went through encountering danger of snakes, a lion (when he finds the whip), and escaping a rhino he finally meets with his dad at home, eager to tell him all that happened, but he calmed him by counting down by 10 in Greek. From what's been read so far this book is pretty good showing action and adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess, you are supposed to choose who you think will be the dynamic character at the end!

      Delete
  45. I am currently reading The Hobbit or there and back again by J.R.R Tolkien. The character that I think will be the most dynamic at the end of the book is Bilbo. They always are talking about how Bilbo is the sneakiest and the worst person out there trying to steal everything he can get into. Like when he was trying to prove that he was not just a little old hobbit, he tries to take a magic wallet from trolls and they catch him. At this point I was getting curious because I didn’t know if Bilbo was going to make it out or not, but of course his friends (the dwarfs) come and check it out. The trolls take them to and then Gandalf comes and frees them and they find the cave with all the treasure and I’m thinking let me get some of it. They head back onto the road.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I'm reading The Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling. I believe Draco Malfoy will change the most throughout the book. I think this because of Harry's observations. Draco will most likely to continue to change on through the next book too. He, I think, is still the naive, stubborn little boy that tried to make friends of Harry Potter and him on the train first year. Draco will most likely not follow the second part of the task that has been asked upon him by Lord Voldemort. Severus Snape will probably change a little bit too.
    -Ana Alford

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am reading Friday Night Lights by H.G. Bissinger. The story so far has been very vivid in details. I haven't met very many characters. I believe that one character that will led into becoming dynamic will be Coach Gary Gaines. I feel like he'll change as the times go by and he gets to know his team much better. I also believe that the players will change a lot too. I feel as though Coach Gary Gaines will be the one to really change and realize how much this game means to everybody. I think he'll change because his player are going to make him realize they need him more than anybody else.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am reading the maze runner by James Dashner. I think that the main character of the book, Thomas will change the most. At first he is quiet and reserved. But i think by the end of the book he will become more of a leader and take charge. I think that because he is already heading in that direction. He wants to become a runner, which is dangerous and daring. So if he wants to become a runner then he will probably evolve into someone who wants to lead or take charger. I am really enjoying this book and cannot wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  49. This week I am continuing to read The Twenty One Balloons by William Pene Du Bois. The main Character is Professor William Sherman who is introduced in the beginning of the book stranded in the middle of the ocean after his hot air balloon crashed in to the Pacific. Sherman is rescued by sailors and while on the ship was asked of his voyage by all of the sailors but refuses. He said that he would tell anyone of his adventure until he told it to his club. This makes me admire his loyalty to his club.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hello Ms. Watson,
    This week I have continued reading Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. The character that I believe will be the most dynamic at the end of the book is the author, the narrator, and the main character, David. The whole plot is about all the different challenges David encounters in his life and how he has to change himself to overcome them. Just in the few chapters that I have read I have already noticed some major changes between David. It seems like in each chapter he is telling a different story and you can really tell that in between the chapters a lot changes with David. For instance, in the first chapter he is a young boy in primary school complaining about how he has to go to speech therapy and then the next chapter starts with him a totally different person with different emotions, beliefs, hobbies, attitudes, and an extremely different maturity level. I am still very interested in this book and look forward to continuing it.
    Sophie Finnell

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am currently reading The Allegra Biscotti Collection by Olivia Bennett. The character that I think will change the most is Emma Rose. Even though I am only on the second chapter, I think that she will change the most because she gets to see the adult world as a young teenager. At this point in the book, we just meet Paige Young. She is the senior fashion editor for Madison magazine, the most famous fashion magazine. We meet her when she buys some lace from Laceland specifically designed for her wedding. Emma Rose takes her down to the bathroom and then she daydreams. She daydreams so much, that she doesn't even realize that Paige is gone! She finally finds her standing in front of her personal and very private designs. Paige loved the raspberry dress so much, she demanded to have the designers number and she wanted to buy the dress. Emma Rose, being the shy girl she is, didn't want her to know that she made it, so she made up Allegra Biscotti. That is all that I have read so far but, I am really looking forward to this book!

    ReplyDelete
  52. My book is Theodore Boone:The Abduction by John Grisham.
    Who changes more the abductee or the people having to deal with it back home.
    I think that April will change the most through the story because the main character, Theo, has remained in the same place in thoughts for the last two books. April has always been a very vulnerable character and now that she's been kidnapped, she will definitely have some open holes in her life. Since she's Theo's love intrest, maybe Theo will change, but not as much as the girl having to change.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Currently I'm reading an e-book by northstorm entitled "Saving Elliot"
    >
    > As I've stated before the summary for "Saving Elliot" is simply intriguing . I dont believe one character will be more dynamic than another, but I do believe that the main characters , Elliot and Elliot, will both be dynamic . I'm not far enough into the story to know whether or not they'll change . However, I recall reading something about the two characters being somewhat mean to each other so, I believe it's possible that they will change in the end .  Currently , the two have started off horribly but, what's even worse is the fact that they share the same name . Hopefully by the end of the story the two will be fond of each other .

    ReplyDelete
  54. “The Red Pyramid”- Rick Riordan

    In this chapter things have picked up a lot more. Early action is good attribute in books for me. Being the excellent observer I am, I have seen some significant clues that point to Carter, one of the main characters, is aiming at being a dynamic character. I say this because the things his sister says about him and the things said by Carter, to sum it up for you the clues given characterizes Carter as a “daddy's boy”. Considering his father was put in a magical coffin I think Carter’s personality will change without his dad around.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I am reading Gossamer by Lois Lowry
    I think the most dynamic character is the Littlest One because she is changing so much in the book. She is learning more and more every day. You can read slash see it that she is making so much progress threw the book little by little. I think my choice might change because like in what I read right now she answered her own question from the begging of the book she asked are we a type of dog and she thought and said "yes we are a type of dog".She is just awesome dog and you'll never know what shell say next which makes read so much more better.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I am reading Gym Candy by Carl Duker. As I have read farther into this book. I am beginning to see that Mick Johnson (The main character) is a very competitive football player. He will do anything to win. But at the same time believes in a fair game which is understandable. But after coming up just short of a game changing touchdown. He is convinced that the big man that stopped him just short is on steroids. I think that Mick will be the most dynamic character because even though he believes in a fair game I think he will end up taking steroids just so he can make that guy pay.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Allegiant by: Veronica Roth
    So far i think one of the main characters, Tobias will change the most. He goes through a lot in the books and will learn more about the mistakes he has made and will make. I think he will learn a lot from being with Tris. She is very brave and has taught Tobias a lot. They have to figure out what will be happening with the factions after most of them got destroyed and how Tobias and Tris relationship will go. Tobias has being trying to be a better person and nicer threw out the last two books as well. I'm not that far into the book so i don't know too much about him right now.

    ReplyDelete
  58. In the book Swindle by Gordon Korman. The characters I have met so far are Griffin, Ben, Antonia, and Melissa. I personally believe that by the end of the book Griffin will be the most dynamic since he is orchestrating the plan. Also because the baseball card was his so he has more of a reason to get it back than all the others. Finally because he is a very natural leader and will probably have to figure out ways to solve the issues or flaws the plan may have or come across.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I am reading The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. So far i have met Digory, Polly, Uncle Andrew, and Aunt Letty. I personally think that Digory will be the most dynamic character in this story. I think this because at first he was just a young boy who liked playing but now he knows of witch craft.I believe that would be pretty traumatizing at first but he will mostly likely never forget it and put it to good use. I also think Polly will be almost as dynamic as Digory for she just had be disappeared somewhere and there is still more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I am reading Frostbite by Richelle Mead. I think the most dynamic character will be christian. We just met him and I'm not sure if he will even be in the book, but his parents were moroi and transferred to strogi so i think there might be something exciting about that. Also he dates Lisa a main character Roses BFF and if he turns into a strogi she would probably be his first target because she is the only one left in her bloodline and the Strogi want to end royal moroi bloodlines. So exciting more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  61. This quarter I am reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I believe that the most dynamic character in my book is going to be Peeta. In the story he has been captured by the capital and is being tortured by them. I don’t know what he will be like is and after he is rescued but I do think that he will have some changes to go through. Another character I think will be very dynamic is Katniss because she will have to overcome the changes of living in District 13. I also think that the war and fighting will really change her, but for better or worse I’m not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  62. This quarter I am reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I believe that the most dynamic character in my book is going to be Peeta. In the story he has been captured by the capital and is being tortured by them. I don’t know what he will be like is and after he is rescued but I do think that he will have some changes to go through. Another character I think will be very dynamic is Katniss because she will have to overcome the changes of living in District 13. I also think that the war and fighting will really change her, but for better or worse I’m not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  63. My book is "Scorpions" by Walter Dean Myers. The characters that I have met while reading it was Jamal, Sassy, Mama, and his older brother Randy that is in Prison. The most dynamic character in the book is Jamal. He is an African-American boy that lives in Compton, New York, he stays at home to take care of his sister while his mom works late hours and he is not doing very good in school. I am in chapter 2, the hot water has been shut off, and taking a cold shower is becoming an everyday occurrence. While eating breakfast, Mama Reports to Jamal that Randy wants him to visit Mack. Mack has been in prison, too, but is out now. Mama doesn't understand this request and questions Jamal. She says that Randy wants Mack to tell Jamal whom to look out for in the Scorpions. Mama thinks Jamal has been hanging out with this gang, but he assures her that he has not. Jamal does not like Mack. Mack was with Randy and Willie Pugh when they pulled the stickup. Willie is fourteen. Mack is fifteen, and Randy is seventeen. This is what is happing in chapter 2, it great and its very good for young adults or teens.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I am reading Memory Boy by will Weaver. I read chapter 7. Chapter 7 was about the family sleeping under a bridge to stay warm and save from robbers. During the day the family was riding a bike to their cabin. They had to make some stops on the way. They tried to buy some ice cream from Dairy Queen, but it was like 6 dollars. I believe the most dynamic person of the book is Miles because he is doing most of the story telling. This is also his personal story of how he and his family survived the ashes of an exploding volcano. This is truly a survival story that has a big twist on it.

    ReplyDelete