Monday, March 16, 2015

Blog Due 3/20/2015

Prompt: Why is your topic important? Why is it important to YOU? Why should others read your book?

1) Read a chunk of your book (about a chapter or so) - ten to twenty pages should do.
2) Put the book down and don't pick it back up until you have posted your blog.
3) THINK about the topic you will focus your blog on.
4) WRITE an organized paragraph with a topic sentence, body, and concluding sentence. Shoot for 6-10 sentences in length.

No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -10

78 comments:

  1. I am reading Death in Yellowstone Accidents and foolhardiness in the First National Park. The author of this sad book is Lee H. Whittlesey. My book is important because it warns you of the danger in the First National Park. This book is important to me because my grandfather bought this book for me when he took me to Yellowstone over the summer. I believe others should read this book so they won’t repeat the past, and so they know how to be aware of their surroundings when you’re in nature or around people. Your actions could hurt people, and this book gives examples of injuries and death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently reading The origin of species by Charles Darwin. This book is important because not only was it a major step forward in the science community in the time that it was published but it also helped develop the idea of Natural selection and many other ideas. This book is important to me because i wish to have a career with animals and this book provides me with much more knowledge then i had before such as the idea of sexual selection or how natural selection is also know as descent with modification. I think others should read this book if they wanted to gain knowledge on the science of animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand This topic is important to me and it should be to others because it talks about this persons life and how his life turned out. He was a track star, he made it through many difficulties in his life. One of his most devastating memories was not being able to go to the Olympics. This may not seem important to others but a mans dream did not come true and he was devastated then he was drafted into the war, captured tortured and lived to tell about it. This story is very important to me and should be to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My book is War Horse by Michael Morpugo. This book interests me because I like action movies and stories where the hero isn't a muscular independent man. This book also has a movie. When I saw that there was a book to the movie, I figured that they would have more stuff in the book than the movie. The book really shows how much a boy who isn't even close to being fit for the army can still make a difference while he rides and guides his horse. many people can relate to this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My book is argo by antintio menez and its a true story and its about the iranian crisis where a terriost group took the u.s. Embassy people hostage and the cia has a special to take them out too safety. I chose this book because it looks action packed and interesting and it interests me becasuse i like a book that has a plot and that acutallly has a good story and right now i think this book will meet all my standards too non fiction books that i like and that i will think will not be a waste of my time to read so i think it will be a good story and plot.
    By Josiah flint

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading Unbroken, written by Laura Hillenbrand. The topic of the book is Louis Zampernini, a boy born in 1929, living an extraordinary life that leads to him joining the United States Military. I am assuming, based on the title, that Louis faces several hardships and overcomes them. This topic is important because it teaches all of those who read this book to not let hardships and obstacles keep them down. It teaches us that if Louis Zampernini can come out on top despite his obstacles, then we can overcome our comparatively small troubles. Others should read this book to feel the same empowerment that I feel while reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How good is good enough? By Andy Stanley. This week’s blog is why this book is important to me as the reader. First off I will tell you why I am reading this book, I decided to read this book because my dad recommended it to me as a Cristian. I took his recommendation and I also thought that this book would help me become a better Cristian and believer in god, and so far it is helping me become a better one. This book is important to me because I am a Cristian and want to learn more about my religion because you can never stop learning. Other Christians should definitely read this especially new ones or ones that want to know more about heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How good is good enough? By Andy Stanley. This week’s blog is why this book is important to me as the reader. First off I will tell you why I am reading this book, I decided to read this book because my dad recommended it to me as a Cristian. I took his recommendation and I also thought that this book would help me become a better Cristian and believer in god, and so far it is helping me become a better one. This book is important to me because I am a Cristian and want to learn more about my religion because you can never stop learning. Other Christians should definitely read this especially new ones or ones that want to know more about heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Argo by Matt Baglio and Tony Mendez my topic is important because its about the Iranian crisis where the rebels who took over Iran took the u.s. embassy people hostage. it is important to me because it has something to do with the united states and it was a big deal biggest people from the united states were token hostage and it was a life and death situation and they have to save them before to rebels kill them. people should read this book because i think it would interest them and i think serious readers would love it and even in some sense just common readers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The topic of my book is being hidden during the holocaust that happened during war world 2. The reason this topic is important me because I like reading about history and war world 2. Another reason this topic interest me is because I like reading what was going on during Nazi Germany. Other readers who like reading about Nazi Germany, history and war world 2 would really enjoy this book. This is why the book and the topic are important because they tell about the past in the words of those who went through the pain of the war and those who helped the ones who were going through the pain.(111)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am reading inside delta force by Eric Haney. I think this book is important because it shows how hard it is to be able to enter Delta force and the hard things they face to protect the country from terrorism. It is important to me because I think it is important to know all the things the military faces to protect the country from all the threats of other countries that want to take us over. I think other people should read this book to see what the special forces, which is MUCH more difficult that the regular military, face on a day to day basis and show how hard it is for them so people will respect them better, knowing how great their challenges were.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It’s important to society because it tells what happened then. It gives a personal feeling about the war. It informs the public how people felt about the war. And Major Winters lead his squad and how his life changed. This is a story of leadership, fame, and friendship, and the journey of one man’s struggle to find the peace that he promised himself if he survived World War II. It is important to me because I like war and stuff like that. People should read this book or books like it because it tells or shows what history was like.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am currently reading “Conversations with Major Winters” by Cole C. Kingseed. It’s important to society because it tells what happened then. It gives a personal feeling about the war. It informs the public how people felt about the war. And Major Winters lead his squad and how his life changed. This is a story of leadership, fame, and friendship, and the journey of one man’s struggle to find the peace that he promised himself if he survived World War II. It is important to me because I like war and stuff like that. People should read this book or books like it because it tells or shows what history was like.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My topic about the book called the Seamstress (by Sara Bernstein) is important because it involves a Jewish woman named Sara that managed to survive and escape from the concentration camp. It is important to me because it describes what her life was like before she died. Other people should read the book because of the drama and action happening in this book. It also teaches women to be brave and never give up. It could also help them in life when they are in a dangerous situation. It also helps us understand them better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am currently reading if you could hear what I see; this book is written by Kathy Buckley, who is also the main character of this book. For my topic I am going to give a brief summary of the story and share how I feel about it. So far in what I have read, she has been called mental because of her hearing loss, has been sent to the hospital multiple times because she has either fell down a flight of stairs, has boxed fall on her head, and the second worse one, she was in a car accident and a piece of glass cut through her cheek into her tongue. She has also been run over by a jeep while tanning on the beach. And she isn’t even twenty yet. But despite all of this she still manages to keep a smile on her face. Kathy has inspired me, even if I think I am going through a rough time there is always someone out there who is going through more and that I need to be thankful for all the things that are going right. I love this book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello people of America I would like to talk to you about why the sinking of the titanic and why it is important. My book is called a night to remember by Walter Lord and it really is a night to remember because the sinking of the titanic should be remembered. I recommend this to other readers because it reflects the brave men and women that died that day. Another reason that I recommend this book is because it is cool to learn about how the titanic really sank and its really fun to learn about.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm reading The Pregnancy Project by Gaby Rodriguez this book is important to me because I can relate this to other people and how difficult it is for them to be actually pregnant but for Gaby, she isn't actually pregnant she is doing a senior project on her doing a fake pregnancy to see how people would treat her. I think that others should read this because some people would like it too see what happens and to see if she would last doing a fake pregnancy. This book is really interesting and I can't wait to get more into this book.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am reading the book 42, the true story of Jackie Robinson. This is important because I love baseball because I play baseball and it is a lot of fun. I like this story because of all the hard work Jackie went through to play ball. With all the team went through, this novel shows how one man persevered to have the opportunity to play the sport that he loves. Other people should read this book because of the great story behind it. An African American man was going to play in the MLB ,even though he suffered extreme prejudice .In the end, all the players were happy to have him on their teams.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am currently reading Lincoln's Grave Robbers by Steve Sheinkin. My topic is important because it tells a historical event that happened to the Lincoln Memorial but also the recovery of Lincoln's body. This topic is important to me because when I grow up, I really want to do something with crime scene investigation. Not everyone will be interested in this kind of book but if you are into crimes, mysteries, or just curious what happens; you would probably be interested in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The walk in the woods
    Bill Bryson
    The reason why I like the topic of me book is because I like hiking through the mountains. The topic of my book is hiking the appellation mountain and it’s about bears. It is important to me because I hiked when I was younger. I also was afraid of bears because u never knows if u will encounter a bear in the mountain. I would recommend this book to people who like hiking and bears. I think this book would be good for people who like nature and animals.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am currently reading Devil in the Details: Scenes of an Obsessive Girlhood by Jennifer Traig. This book is about a teenage girl growing up in the 1980s with severe OCD. This topic is important because it is about overcoming difficulties, even when they are not accepted as real issues. Jennifer is faced with many people who do not believe that there is something wrong with her. Due to the time period, her disease was not addressed as what it is today. This topic is important because it shows how people can work through problems and overcome difficulties such as OCD. Even though Jennifer is not believed, she still manages to get through difficult times on her own. In conclusion, the topic of this book is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am currently reading The Pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardener. This topic is important to me because in the book it teaches valuable lessons. Gardner talks about how he went from being really poor and jumping from foster homes, to being a really successful stock broker. This teaches me a lesson that it doesn’t matter what your background is from, you always have to opportunity to make your life better. It also teaches you that you shouldn’t take what you have for granted, Chris Gardner was a millionaire, but then he lost all his money and ended up on the streets because he didn’t invest his money and prepare himself well. I think that others should read this book, if they would like to be inspired about how you can better yourself financially and also as a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The topic in my book is surfing. It is important to have courage when you get out into the waters to face your fears and be brave in the deep blue ocean. It is important to me because courage is a good feeling to have in life. Other people should read my book because it tells an amazing story about this girl who has to overcome this challenge she faced and have courage in herself. So if you believe and have courage you can be able to do anything. Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton. This chapter talks about Bethany’s Dad and what he did in his childhood. I like that in her family everyone likes to go in the ocean and go surfing including her mom and dad when they were little. Her dad graduated in 1968 from the high school Ocean City. Then his grandparents sent him to Manhattan Beach, California so he could spend the summer surfing. I like that his grandparents let him spend the summer at the beach so he could go surfing. Also in this chapter is when Bethany’s mom and dad meet in Hawaii and get married 6 months after Valentine’s Day. I like that she tells when and how her parents meet in Hawaii. So this is chapter 2 in the book Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is important to me because he takes the word as a funny experiment and all he is trying to do is to see how other people will react to them in the other sex’s world. You should read it if you like funny stories that really happened to the ather wall he did these experiments. It is important to everyone because u need happiness in your life and this book is really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  25. George Washington’s Secret Six by Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger: This book is about a secret spy ring created by George Washington during the American Revolution. This topic is very important because without this ring of spies we probably wouldn’t have one the war. The spies were responsible for getting information to George Washington about the British. This topic is important to me because I love reading about wars in history and this is one of extreme importance. Without the American Revolution they wouldn’t even be an America. I think people should read this book because it is very detailed and tells the story of George Washington very well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am reading The Story: Teen Edition by Zondervan. this book really means a lot to me especially because I'm a Christian. Being able to fully understand the most important book in my religion is a big deal and it makes able to become even more dedicated than I already am. That is a great luxury I wouldn't have if I didn't find this book. I think that if you are a Christian around the age of 12 to 18, this would be really good for you to read because like I said before, it is great to be able to understand the Bible because for people my age, it can be difficult to understand the language used in it. Even if you aren't a Christian and you are around the age of 12 to 18, this can be a great introduction to the religion, so it's a great read no matter who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am currently reading "90 Minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper. This book is important to me because I am a Christian and I have always been interested in what Heaven is like. This book has given me an image in my head that I did not have before I started reading. This book is important in general because other people might want to hear what it's like. If somebody is struggling with their religion, or confused about what to believe, this is a perfect book to read. Others should read this book so they can learn and get a new understanding. I have read this book quick and I'm excited to continue reading!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am reading The Pergnancy Project by Gaby Rodriguez. This book is important to me because I am in high school and if there were any reason for me to get pregnant, which I hope wouldn't be until after I am married; however there are always mistakes made. Getting pregnant would be a life changer for a high school girl. This can be a touchy subject, but getting pregnant isn't a joke and if my friend would have pretended to be pregnant I would be happy that she isn't one of those girls, then again upset she fooled me. Other people should read this book because it helps understand where people are coming from and how high schoolers can be very judgemental towards looks. Maybe this book could change their mind.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am reading "I Survived the Attacks of September 11, 2001" by Lauren Tarshis. I think my topic is important because it is about a real tragic event that happened in America. It is important to me because it can answer some of the questions I may have about the terrorist attacks on 9/11. I think others should read this book as well so that they can learn more about what happened in New York City in 2001. Not only does this book talk about the attacks, it tells the story through someone else's point of view. The whole book is told through the main character in 3rd person point of view. So not only does this book tell me more about 9/11, I also learn what it would have been like to be a teen during the event.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This quarter the book I am reading is Si-Cology 101 by Si Robertson from Duck Dynasty. I believe the topic I’m reading is important because in the book, Si talks about morals and values that are important to him. He discusses how honesty and responsibility have really shaped his life and how they have helped him through obstacles like his time in the war and being successful in the business world. The topics in this book are important to me because I really agree with all of his values and I try to be honest, respectful, and responsible myself. I think other should read this book because it’s very interesting and for people that watch the show I believe they would get the most out of it. (127 words)

    ReplyDelete
  31. My topic is the journey of a girl after she gets her arm bitten off by a shark. My topic is important because it shows that with determination, you can do anything you set your mind to. It also shows you how she dealt with the competition after her arm got bitten. It also shows how she dealt with all the media.It is important to me because this is one of my favorite true stories. But also, surfing interests me even though I don’t know how to surf. Other people should read this book because it is an amazing and inspiration book.

    Clarissa Lawen
    Soul Surfer

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am still reading Lost in Shangri-la by Mitchell Zuckoff I have read to chapter one so far. The subject of this book is important because it tells the story of a interesting rescue mission from World War 2 that many people do not know of today. The subject of this book is important to me because I find World War 2 to be a very interesting subject and this true story has a very interesting setting in Shangri-La. I think others should read this book so they will know of the events that occurred in real life that were written into a book.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am currently reading I AM A SEAL TEAM SIX WARRIOR by Howard E. Wasdin and Stephen Templin. I think my topic is important because this was one of the biggest crises in the history of America. My topic is about how these seals kill Osama Bin Laden. It is also very important because he has killed a lot of our people. It is important to me because I want to know i am safe and these seals and military people will keep fighting for our freedom and safety. Others should read this book because it gives you a true insight of what happened with Osama Bin Laden. What really happened with him and what he did. This book is very important and others should read it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I Drew a Monkey in a Math Book and Now I’m Married by Jon K Davis
    Why is my topic important and why is it important to me? I’m not sure what the question for this week is asking but, my book from what I can tell so far focuses on love and overcoming. I believe having love somewhere in your heart is important because, it can make you a lot happier and make the world a somewhat better place. Having a love or passion for something just makes things smooth. Overcoming obstacles and other challenging events in your life is important because it can teach you a lot. So, I believe those two things are important because not everyone feels love and not everyone has an easy time overcoming certain events in their life so, it’s important to learn about things like that. I feel like it’s too early for me to recommend my book to others but, I guess if you’re looking for something to read in your spare time and you’re willing to sit down and actually focus then, I would give it a go .

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am reading American Sniper by Chris Kyle. The topic of my book is important because it tells about Chris' life. I think its important because if it didn't tell about him signing up for the SEALs it really be as good. Others should read this book because it absolutely great. It has a lot of imagery in it. It does how ever, start out pretty slow. but after reading the first few chapters itll become more and more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am reading Slave (My True Story) by Mende Nazer and Damien Lewis. The story is very good so far. The plot of this book is that a young girl, Mende Lewis, who was taken captive from her african village as an Arab slave. The main topic of the story is slavery. This topic is very important because it is problem that still exist and happens right in front of us. Slavery may have been "banished" on paper, but not in life. I find this topic to be so important because slavery is wrong. Slavery should really be stopped because innocent men, children, and women are taken against there will with no say. Sometimes they are abused physically and mentally or sometimes they die from mistreatment or drugs etc. Slavery is a big problem and it's so sad that sometimes this is the reason why people die everyday. Slavery still exist. Mende's story happened in 1993 and slavery is still continued today in 2015. I think everybody should read this story because it makes you realize this stuff really does go on. It also gives you a recent form that'll make you want to make a difference. I don't think a young audience should read the story though.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am reading The Life, Art, and Music of Daniel Johnston by Tarssa Yazandi and Don Goede. I believe that the authors find this topic important because Daniel Johnston is so unknown, yet such a great artist and songwriter. It's important to me because it makes me question what my definition of good music is. It makes me realize that there's more to good music than just catchy beats and catchy melodies. I believe that other people should read this book because it would show that there's more to music and art than just Taylor Swift and Da Vinci (respectively).

    ReplyDelete
  38. Flags of Our Fathers
    By: Bradley Czajka
    In this week’s blog, James Bradley, the author of Flags of Our Fathers speaks about when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. He also speaks of how the soldiers of the United States Marines were trained versus the way the Japanese soldiers were trained. The Japanese soldiers were brainwashed into thinking that if they were to lay down their lives then they would become a heroic samurai. If they surrendered then they disgraced their family and if they died by fighting then they were honored for their sacrifice. The military officials referred to the young draftees as issen gorin, which meant “one yen, five rin,” the cost of mailing a draft-notice postcard which was less than a penny. In the marine corps however, every soldier was taught that being part of a team was more valuable than trying to be a hero because if they did try to be a hero then the possibility of getting everyone else killed was greater. Drill instructors warned not to get too close to anyone because they were probably all going to die. My topic is important because the symbol of the heroes of Iwo Jima is a patriotic event in American history that should not be forgotten. It is important to me because I believe that soldiers should be honored for their deeds in battle. Others should read my book because we live in America and the six american soldiers that raised the flag were very brave in their act.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am reading Reckless Faith by Beth Gukenberger. This book is important to me for many different reasons. My dream career is to be a missionary over in South America. Reckless Faith is about a young couple over in South America who work as missionaries in Mexico. This inspiring book drives me more towards my goal of being a missionary. The book shows what a good Christian looks like. I think people should read this book for multiple reasons. They can learn more about the Christian faith, become a better follower, and how much you can change lives by teaching about our God. I think anyone and everyone should read this amazing and inspirational story about how two people changed many lives by only relying on God.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey, Ms. Watson! My book is the American Sniper, the memorial edition, by Jim DeFelice and Scott McEwen. My book is important because it tells you about the best and most famous sniper from the navy and in the United States. This book tells you how hard the navy works and what they would do for our country. The book is important to me because my brother is being shipped out to the navy in late June or early July and I wanted to know what they did and the situations they are in. It is important to me because he served our country and I wanted to learn about our heroes. Others should read this book because you learn about all the horrifying things they had to go through and what they were forced to do to save our country, other soldiers, and himself. This book is really good and I would recommend people to read this book. (159 words)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am reading Life Is So Good by George Dawson and Richard Glaubman. My top is important because you are never too young or to old to learn anything. It is important to me because no matter what age you are or who you are, you can never be too young or old to learn how to read, or you need to know what is best in your heart. Follow what your heart says and do not listen to what other people say about you. As they say, “Things will be all right. People need to hear that. Life is good, just as it is. There isn’t anything that I would change about my life.” Nobody if people are making fun or you or you cannot read, do not worry about what others think, just think about yourself. Others should read this book because if you are a bully, this might be able to change your mind. It really changes you and what you think of other people.
    By Anastasia Ehlers

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am currently reading the book Million Dollar Arm by J.B. Bernstein. So far, the topic of this book seems to center around baseball, and how J.B. will go to India and train people to play baseball to keep his job. Even though I saw the movie, I am interested to read through the differences between the movie and the book, and how the book/movie explained certain things that the movie/book did not. I’m also interested in this topic because of how this book’s setting is mostly set in India, which after recently learning about, is pretty interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am reading "Mr. Capone: The Real and Complete story of Al Capone" by Robert J. Schoenberg for my fourth quarter book project. I think that my book is important because it tells you about the history of Al Capones life and what he did. I think it is important for the exact same reason that I stated before. Al Capone was very instrumental in New York's history and brought it where it is today. I think others should read it because it is very interesting and tells you about the long life of notorious mobster that is Al Capone.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am reading "Crossing the Borders of Time" by Leslie Maitland. In this there are a lot of topics but I will only discuss on one topic which is racism. Racism is an important topic to talk about because it happens everywhere. I believe racism is important because I think that is what drives people way from peace, improvement, and unity. In my book it talks about how it was for a family to know they're nationality because of where they lived, and because of they're religion. I think people should read my book because at the time that World War 2 was going on it was dangerous for people to say who they where and where they came from.

    ReplyDelete
  45. With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa
    Eugene Sledge
    Matthew Fowler
    03/20/15

    The topic of my book revolves around a marines personal experiences during the Pacific Theater of War. As the titles implies, it also includes the people he met and how they ended up. I feel that this is important to me because it allows me to explore how the war really was. Then going off of objective views of the war in the Pacific. Plus it is a topic that I love to study, so it is something that I will enjoy. I would recommend this to other people who also enjoy learning about war and how it really can be.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am reading Navy seal dogs by Mike Ritland. My topic is about why Mike Ritland became close friends with dogs. Mike became close friends with dogs because as a kid he was always bullied by the older kids and there was nothing he could do about it. So in order to protect himself he developed a strong bond with dogs, he used them only for protection not revenge. This topic is important to me because it shows how Mike used dogs for good and not bad. He decided to use dogs to defend America because he's always had a desire to serve and defend because both his grandfathers were in world war two. Other people should read my book because it shows how a dog is really a mans best friend and I think it's pretty cool on how they train the dogs in all different types of ways.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am still reading Stephen King A Bioagraphy by Albert Rolls. My topic is important to me because I am a fan of Stephen King's novels and so it was important to me to see what things have happened in his life to inspire himself to write these novels that have twisted events in them. I don't really think that other people would find this book important, it really isn't unless you want to learn more about Stephen King, and not many people have read his books, lots have seen his movies but not the books so that's basically it.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am still reading A Chance in the World by Steve Pemberton. In the couple of chapters I read Steven has now gotten adopted into the Robinson's home. When he first met them Mrs. Betty was a sweet lady with a glowing smile which made him feel all lovely and such! But right when he actually got there, like the first day he was welcomed into his new home with the Robinson's they gave him a tricycle. That would obviously make him super happy, it would make me happy. So the lady from the orphanage dropped him off and right when she left Mrs. Robinson became a mean lady. Apparently their household doesn't seem as lovely as it is on the outside and to other people. Steve is basically like a child who does ALL the chores in the house while his "family" does nothing. I feel pretty bad for Steve, I mean being a kid in a so called house you have to call yours that really isn't sucks. My topic is basically like rough life growing up as an orphan I guess and it is important because not all orphans get adopted or if they do they either end up in a really bad home or a really good home. This is important to me because I really feel the need to be able to see life from different perspectives. Others should read this book because it really helps to see that others live tougher lives than you think and to be able to see things from different perspectives!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I am reading Onward We Charge by H. Paul Jeffers. I finished up chapter 1. The chapters in the book are very long, because the book gives so much details about Darby. This story is about a colonel named William Darby and his heroic rangers. I expected more fighting in the book, but the story is giving more information about Darby. Over all if you enjoy fast action than this book is for you. The book is very long so if you have short time i wouldn't read it. I like how the author introduced the main character Darby as a 8 year old boy. As the 8 year old boy pays respects to the people who died for him he haves a dream. So far I like the book and I cant wait till the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am reading Bring me a Unicorn by Ann Lindbergh. My topic is important to me because I know the only details or facts about Charles Lindbergh. I want to know more about me everything that happened, everything that people may have not deemed important. Case's like these interest me and I want other people to read them because they can under stand why cases like these are important. I think other people might not want to read looks like these at first because they might deem boring.though these books can make a huge difference aboutthe way you see the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am reading Sometimes You Win Sometimes You Lose, John C. Maxwell.
    My topic is important because it has life learning facts about life for a teenager and how they should handle bad situations and not just bad, any situations. It is important to me because it is also teaching me how to handle teenage life situation or just handling them better. Why should others read my book? Well this book has some really good advice and its showing you not to feel bad on your situation, but to learn from it. Chapter 2 is about humility: the spirit of learning… now why would that be called the spirit of learning? Like what made the author call humility the spirit of learning? I guess the author is saying that some people bounce back from losses and become even better than before (too much pride). Meanwhile other people seem to fail, fall, and never get back up.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hello Mrs. Watson,
    I hope you are doing swell, I am very sorry I am just now turning this in, this weekend was very stressful and hectic for my family and I. When you say, Why is your topic important, what do you mean? The topic of the book? The topic of my book is what the French culture does to maintain their good health that other nationalities and cultures do not. This is important to me because I find it interesting that there are so many little things you can do to change your whole lifestyle and health. This topic also interests me because I have expirienced both the French and American lifestyles and I can easily see the big differences between the two and how that effects people's way of life. I believe others should read this book because it is interesting. There are also lots of recipies in the book that sound very delicious and keep you slim! Who does not enjoy good food that does not make you fat at the same time? This book is great for someone who likes to cook or just someone who is bored of reading the same mysteries or science fiction novels. It is a nice little switch up! I know you told me that you ordered this book, so I hope it brings you lots of inspiration for dishes to cook and share with the ones you love. Hopefully, I can get my dad to read this book next so he can maybe try some of the amazing-sounding recipies! ;-)
    Sophie Finnell

    ReplyDelete
  53. I am reading the book "Killing Patton" by George O'Reilly. The topic of this book is World War ll. The topic of this book is important to me because in a way it touches base to home. Being Jewish and being teased about World War ll makes me want to educate myself even more on the topic. Even though the book doesn't have a particular view In favor of the Jewish people I still believe that the book is a good educational book. As you could see in class people pick on me because of my religion. This topic is important to me and that is why I chose that book.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I am reading The Day Kennedy Died, by Jim Bishop . This is important to the world as an event because this caused a HUGE rucks to the world and it changed everything for The President of The United States of America. For an example, The Secret Service put so much more security on the car that The President rides in for the Inauguration Parade and Ceremony. The reason that this Major Event in History is important to me, is because I live with someone who is OBSSED with JFK's assignation. I also am not aware of the many things leading up to the assassination in itself and I wanted to learn more about the events leading up.
    (132 Words)
    - Sydni Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  55. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
    Hi it's Steven and I am reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. The topic of is war and will power . This topic is important to me because with out Will power u don't have the power to keep going. I might not be important to you but to it is every thing thing to me. The higher the will power the more strength you have to keep going. Out her readers should read this book because it is an inspirational story. Because if Louie Zamperini can do the amazing thing he does in this book then we could do any thing we want to do all we need is Will power.

    ReplyDelete
  56. In my book Freakonomics it discusses important economic views. The book opens the topic with reasonable thoughts, data and evidence. It is important because some individuals look an outcome of a situation and automatically think and say that something is twisted or mutilated as reasoning. However, this book shows data to disprove some views or back up others. For example it explains that regardless of how much money a candidate spends on a political campaign only effects the vote by merely 1 percent. Same goes for if the spending was cut by 1/2 or doubled. The book further explains how some teachers sneak test grades for some extra cash. And it shows little by little how they picked the teachers out of a crowd of millions. For people that are interested in how the world works as far as economics go, I defiantly recommend this book.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Also, My book is French Women Don't Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Million dollar arm
    By: J.B. Bernstein

    In my book I think the important topic is that we shouldn't judge others based off of their skin color or religion. Because you don't know who or what they have been through. This book shows a lot of over coming because these kids from India want to play baseball and people don't believe they can make it to the major league which is what the million dollar arm is meant to. Anyways these kids overcome the hateful words and disrespectful quotes that major sports shows are saying about them. It just made them work harder then before. So I also thought this was an important topic in this novel, showing how to take something bad and embrace it or overcome it and make it great.

    CJ Moore
    4B

    ReplyDelete
  59. For this last quarter, I am studying a book called An Enemy Called Average by John L. Mason. I just want to inform you all that the truths from this book can be changing the ordinary perception of your lifestyle. I'd recommend this book to those that want to have a better understanding godly wisdom and want to stand out and not blend in. My book teaches and describes ways of wisdom, and righteousness. Considering this book and my religion I found out that The Sovereign Almighty God provides a distinct plan for everyone I also found out that He'll elevate those that takes Him seriously from the bottom to the top in other words from worse to way better. I truly believe that what ever you ask The Lord kindheartedly and consistently He'll certainly answer you but everyone has to understand that he answers in His own time. I'm can't wait to read and find out more from this book.

    ReplyDelete
  60. My book, 12 Years a slave by Soloman Northup, and it is important because it is about what this countries history is like and how much we have changed. This book is about what america was like back in 1850's and i think that it is a very important book to read not just to certain people but to everyone because it really is mind blowing with a lot of information and it feels like you are actually there to witness it.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I am reading Marley & Me by John Grogan
    This topic is important because it shows the relationship between a family and their dog. It’s about how a couple, John and Jenny’s life changed when they got Marley. It shows how they wanted to start a family with their new dog. This book is important to me because you can learn the value of family and the relationship with a pet. Usually when people think of pets they don’t count it as part as your family but this book shows that dogs or any animal you have are family. I think others should read this book because it has a lot of meaning to it; there are happy parts but it also gets really sad. I am enjoying it so far, so I think others would like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  62. This week I am reading the Art of War by Sun Tzu. I am reading this book and I think that others would enjoy reading this book of they enjoy wartime strategy. The topic of this book is important to me because I enjoy war based novels and things involved with strategy. This book has both of those elements in it. It is an interesting novel to me because it is based on a Japanese military classic which is much different than what I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  63. My book is The cave, the cabin and the tattoo man by Tim Callahan and my topic is important because it discusses never quit and don't be afraid to do anything. This is constantly used throughout the book when Timmy sees the tattoo man and then when Timmy is in the tattoo's man cabin and when he is also in the cave with the tattoo man. When it comes down to the situation Timmy never fears and he never gives up. He actually kills the tattoo man in self defense when he is cornered in a secret indian cave because he never gives up and he never fears and these two topics have helped me throughout my life and everyone should read this book because it has family motives and a good story with it.

    ReplyDelete
  64. From Baghdad, With Love
    Kopelman
    This topic is important because it involves military. It shows how dogs can make an important mark on a military group missions. They use dogs in the military and also for many other things. This topic is important to me because I really love dogs and military. I think dogs should be more interactive with the military. Dogs have very many good uses that the military could use. I think others should read this mainly because to me so far the book is a thrill ride, you don't know what is going to pop out the corner or anything. It is truly a good book if you like excitement, military, and dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I am reading Go Ask Alice, the author is anonymous, this book is about a girl who struggles with an addiction. My topic is important because using drugs and alcohol can really effect your life. It can cause you to overdose and possibly kill yourself, also it can cause medical issues in the future. My topic is important to me because teen substance abuse is something I am interested in and it is important to explain the consequences that come from this. Others should read this book to really get an inside to this problem and to learn more about addictions.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Im reading Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. This topic is important for Christians because some have been through a lot in there life and their just holding onto a little bit of faith that when they get out of here they will go to a paradise named heaven. Its important to me because I like to hear about heaven and what it looks like. Plus the fact that im a christian and i believe that when i get out of here ill go to heaven. Other people should read my book because it is a amazing story.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Catch me if you can, by: Frank W. Abagnale chapter one The fledging. In this chapter the con artist goes to the airport dressed like a handsome pilot. Then he goes to the cashier’s cage and she cashes his Pan American World Airways pay check. Then he goes and fills out a pink form so that he can be on the next flight to Rome. He goes by the name First officer Frank William they gave him the privilege of sitting in the jump seat in the cockpit. So far I like this book and the way they explain things make it very interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Who Was Jackie Robinson by Tanya Turner - This book is important because it explains a part of history that would influence a lot of black heroes then and now. Jackie's story helped to break down color barriers for athletes in many sports. Jackie was a brave face that did what he loved. The story also tells about how he struggled but didn't give up on his dream. It is important to me because it gives me encouragement when faced with a hardship or injustice. Sometimes we have to stand up for what's right even if it's not the popular thing to do at the time. It also reminds me to never give up and to keep trying to get better and reach my goals no matter how impossible they may seem. Jackie Robinson is a good story for everyone to read and it gives have hope that in the future people will become more open minded about differences in people.

    ReplyDelete