Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Blog Due 10/24/2014

For this week's blog, please do the following if you don't already (and then do it for the rest of the year!):

1) Read a chunk of your book (about a chapter or so) - ten to twenty pages should do.
2) Put the book down and don't pick it back up until you have posted your blog.
3) THINK about one thing you want to focus your blog on.
4) WRITE an organized paragraph with a topic sentence, body, and concluding sentence. Shoot for 6-10 sentences in length.

No title -5
No author -5
Does not meet word count -10 to -20 (depending)
Mostly or all summary -10 to -20 (depending)
Poor grammar/spelling -10

92 comments:

  1. I am reading the fault in our stars by John Greene. Were I left off was when they were going to their favorite writers house to ask him about his last book he had written. He had a totally different reaction than they thought he would have. They walked in and he was totally drunk, he didn't remember any of the nice this he did for them the night before. They were both shocked, so was his secretary. His secretary was so shocked she took them to a museum like thing and that is where Hazel realized she was in love with Augustus. And if you want to know what happens next read my next blog. I don't think the writer should have reacted like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started a book called Stoneheart. It's the first book in The Stoneheart Trilogy. I LOVE this book because of it's suspense line of thought. The author, Charlie Fletcher, builds up the suspense line, mostly, at the end of the chapter. For an example, a character says to him at the end of the chapter, "Blimey. You got no idea what you just started, have you?" He does this at the end of all the chapters that i have read so far, which is five. The main storyline in the book is that the main character, George, knocks off a dragon statue's head and then a stone pterodactyl chases after him. The suspense drives you nuts because you never know what the author is going to throw at your face next.
    -Sydni Simpson (144 words, roughly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent organization. Now lets try to go deeper!

      Delete
  3. “Ender’s Game”- Orson Scott Card

    I have now started reading “Ender’s Game,”and it looks promising, with a generous amount of action already. The setting, as far I can tell from observation, is some sort of military school in which Andrew A.K.A. “Ender” is not having the best day. He has had something yanked out of his brain and gets into a fight with a group of “bad” kids. In this situation I would be scared to death of having something taken out of my brain where as Ender seemed to not care about anything. Moving on to the run in that would have make me feel very close to death because of the sheer number of people, I would take one look around the corner and take off for another exit. In conclusion I would be a train wreck in Ender's situation also taking into account that he is only six.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thoughts, Grant. Now you need to begin choosing 1 topic and focusing on it all of the way through.

      Delete
  4. Violets are Blue, by James Patterson. My blog today will be about chapter 23. In chapter 23 Alex talks to his mom and son Damon, he tells them that he will not be able to make Damon’s concert because of his work. Alex’s mom gets really mad and starts to yell at Alex and say really mean things, Once Alex gets to talk to Damon he understands but is not happy about it and tell Alex that he better come to the next one. I think that if Alex keeps missing his son’s concerts and is never around his son that his son will start to not like him and not look up to him and it could interfere with Alex’s work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell what your topic is at the end of the blog post; make sure you introduce the topic in the beginning!

      Delete
  5. The book that I am reading is The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan. It is the fifth book in the series of The Hero of Olympus. In the section I just read, Reyna was “taken” by The Hunters of Artemis. Turns out that The Hunters of Artemis were just protecting her. Reyna is on a mission to return the Athena Parthenos to Camp Half-blood to save the two camps from attacking each other. There are many questions I have about the book. One is will Reyna make it in time to save the camp from war? Also will the other seven main demigods be able to stop Gea from awaking? I can’t wait to see what Rick has in store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. So far Bella the main character moved to a small town in the Olympic peninsula called Forks; it rains very often and when it doesn’t you can barely see the sun. The sun is rare in Forks which is why it is a good place for the Cullen’s to live. We haven’t figured out what exactly they are even though I already know I am not going to write about it for this blog. Jacob called them the “cold ones” which confused Bella. She was worried, because she was becoming very fond of Edward, and couldn’t imagine not being around him anymore. I think Bella is going to stay around him. In fact I already know, but if I didn’t I would think that. I think Jacob should give up on even thinking about being with Bella, because it isn’t going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, good writing, but I need a topic, focus, and conclusion!

      Delete
  7. Currently I am reading 2nd Chance by James Patterson. I think that they are figuring out who the shooter was because they not even found any kind of clues or evidence. I think there is a gang involved. I think that everybody part of this case is linked to the person who killed the girl and hung the old woman. I think she is not trusted by other people because she is a girl. I don't know why only one person got killed in a shootout in the front of a church and nobody else was killed. I think they should not tell the press.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bryson, no more "I think"!!! Also, don't forget to choose a topic and focus on it all of the way through.

      Delete
  8. I just finished The Fault In Our Stars in this book it was emotional and happy at different times but this is one of the best books I have read.This book was about people that have cancer and the two main characters Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters they meet at the Cancer Support Group. Hazel Grace has a type cancer called Leukemia in which she has to carry around an oxygen tank. Augustus Water has a type of leg cancer he had to get his leg removed. Getting close to the end of the book Augustus calls Hazel Grace from the gas station and he was crying he didn't want a ambulence to come and get him. A few days after being in the hospital Augustus dies this was the most emotional thing in this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoyed this book. Don't forget to tell us the author; I also can't tell what your topic is here. Make sure you focus on an opinion of yours next time!

      Delete
  9. I am reading my second novel, The Compound , by S.A. Bodeen , and I just finished Chapter 1.. The setting is underground in a compound. From what I’ve read so far, it is really big under there. For example, the shower could fit a whole football team in it, and the gym is a big as a YMCA. The main characters are members of a family. One is Eli and another is Therese, his little sister. Their Dad brought them to the compound because something happened above ground, I think. I am not sure what it is yet. So far, the book is really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job, Tanner. Don't forget your conclusion that restates your topic.

      Delete
  10. I am reading a book called The Last Dog on Earth by Daniel Ehrenhaft. I have read that Logan was at the Wallace’s house for barbeque. He hated it. I also wouldn’t even want to go to the barbeque because it might be boring to me or I might be a party pooper there. After all, there was a sign that said “No party poopers”. I might have the same negativity as Logan, but his is even worse. He had so much hatred against Devon because he makes fun of little kids and he is also snobbish and annoying (to me). The book is pretty good so far. (101 words)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can tell what your focus is but you don't introduce it in the beginning or sum it up at the end. Make sure you do!

      Delete
  11. Scorch Trails by James Dashner: The Cranks in my book are very interesting and mysterious. Cranks are people who have been infected by the Flare but come in different phases of the infection. They are those who are not fully "Gone" yet, people like the Gladers or Miranda. When a crank is gone, that means that they have had the Flare for long enough that they have gone crazy and most of the time very injured. The cranks that I have seen so far in the book have all been found with large wounds and sores around their body and have no nose. Not much is known about the cranks but they are still interesting and dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good focus and organization. Now lets go deeper!

      Delete
  12. For the second nine weeks I am reading Allegiant by Veronica Roth. This is the third and final book in the Divergent triology. I really liked the first two books so I wanted to finish the series.The story is about a girl named Tris Prior who transferred factions in the first book from Abnegation to Dauntless. Now all of the factions are at war with Erudite, the intelligence faction. The story begins with Tris and her friend Christina locked in a cell at Erudite headquarters. Tris is still trying to process who Edith Prior, her “ancestor” was. At the end of Insurgent, everyone who had been fighting at the Erudite headquarters was shown a video with a woman named Edith Prior telling them about what life was like in the outside world. In chapter two, Tris’s boyfriend Tobias is trying to look for her and find her. I have only read the first two chapters of the story but I am really looking forward to seeing what happens next. (169 words)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica, your writing is spot on but I cannot tell what your topic is. Pick one thing and stick with it!

      Delete
  13. I am continuing this week to read HERO by Mike Lupica. I love the action and suspense that this book has. Lupica generally writes about sports but this special book is the only one of its kind that was written about something non-sports related. The supporting characters in the book can change everything. Since Zach is a younger person, he can be influenced easier and also be a bit more trusting to others. Zach's supernatural lethal instincts and his "trustworthiness" may make him an easy target to pursue and could end up trusting the wrong person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOD writing. Make sure that your paragraph continue to focus on what you introduced in your topic sentence.

      Delete
  14. The book I'm reading is The Young Elites by Marie Lu. I am about halfway through the book and I am so puzzled because the society that the main character, Adelina, is in doesn't trust her. They believe that there is something dark in her keeping her back, but they are too afraid to find out what it is. I'm very curious about what it is that is keeping her powers concealed, it may be that her father scared her so much that her powers didn't come out until her father was dead. The group still teaches her how to use her powers but the training is slow and steady, and Adelina is getting bored with the lessons. She start training with Enzo, the groups leader, and I hope she becomes an official member soon. I would also hope to know what types of things she will be capable of in the future and how her powers will effect her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just finished chapter 15 of the book Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. The whole chapter talks about Brian, the main character, trying to catch these small, "dumb" birds. Toward the end of the chapter, he finally catches one, but he does not know how to cook it. He ends up ripping the skin and feathers off and it talks about all the cuts falling out. Paulsen used such good imagery that I started feeling sick just reading about Brian trying to cook the bird. At least he finally got to eat meat other than fish. He has been craving meat for such a long time and his wish eventually came true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good focus, Devin. Now I would like you to make your focus an opinion.

      Delete
  16. This week I read the third book in the Enders series called Xenocide by Orson Scott Card.
    I think that Congress is evil and corrupt. They are going to kill an entire planet with innocent people and two innocent alien species. I hope Ender will come up with a good plan to stop congress from destroying the planet. I think Congress should be stopped and a new, better government be put in its place. In addition, I think the people who are in Congress that support such evil plans should face justice. At the very least Congress should be stopped, but I want them to be completely removed from power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great topic and organization, Daniel. Remember to summarize your intro in the conclusion. The writing is a little choppy, try to vary your sentence structure by using commas.

      Delete
  17. So far the point of view is being switched between Jep and Scout in the book To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. We haven't seen anything from the point of Dill. I know that the Finch family are our main characters, yet I still wonder why he is such a secondary character that we don't get his take on what is happening. However we haven't seen the point of view from Atticus as well. So far i think that the point of view is third person limited because we only know what Jep and Scout are thinking and no one else. This could be a temporary thing, but it could also be permanent. With the point of view from two kids it also helps to show the innocence of a child and how it applies to everyday life. It also helps to show that what is happening can be taken a different way because of their innocence. Now with the point of view being from Jep and Scout only this does make the story's point of view third person limited as of now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good topic, Josh. Remember, Limited = 1 person, so it may be omniscient.

      Delete
  18. Divergent by Veronica Roth. (Chapter one) Chapter one is about Beatrice, sixteen, who has a Mom, Dad, and a older Brother named Caleb. I like that she has a Mom, Dad, and Brother in her family. Also her aptitude test was today which helps her decide which faction she should most likely go into. Also she was very nervous about taking this test. She has to pick a faction that she will be in for the rest of her life and she picks Dauntless. I do not like that she has to be in the faction for the rest of her life and can not be with her family. Her mom cuts her hair every third month. I like that her mom cares about her hair and gives it a trim. She can't look at her reflection because then it will make her think about herself. I do not like that she can't look at herself to see her hair or what she looks like. So this is Chapter one of Divergent by Veronica Roth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good writing, Cheyenne. Now lets try to focus on a topic of your own opinion.

      Delete
  19. I am reading chapter 10 & 11 in Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. Hugo was late to the toy booth, and the old man came angrily to him. Something was wrong. The old man yelled at Hugo and he thinks that Hugo broke into his house and took his notebook back into his possession. Hey, I thought the old man was nice to Hugo…I guess not. Actually, Isabelle took Hugo’s notebook back, and Hugo was very grateful. Chapter 11 is pretty interesting, but some parts are sad because in the beginning Hugo runs away in tears because he got fired from the toy booth. When he got to his bed he started to read a book on card magic and illusions. After he read that book he could show Papa Georges a few tricks he learned or he could probably even show Isabella. (144 words)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOD writing, Grace. Now work on your topic choices!

      Delete
  20. In "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins there is alot of evil. For example, President Snow, he is the main one that cases evil in the book. He hijack Petea into hateing even wanting to kill Katniss. In my opinion that is cold hearted because Petea loves Katniss and for wanting to stop the rebelian he had to take away the love that Petea had for Katniss. Making the victors stand a side unless they wanted there love ones to die. These is another example of wanting power. As you can see, President Snow doesn't like competition and would do anything to keep the power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choice of focus. It would be best to choose either evil or power.

      Delete
  21. I am currently reading "The Rescue", by Nicholas Sparks. I want to reflect on chapters 3 and 4 because this is where the whole story begins. Denise gets into a car crash, but woke up to find her four year old son missing. Denise meets a firefighter named Taylor, who is willing to do everything in his power to find Kyle. I have a feeling that Taylor will be the one who "rescues" (hint the title) Denise and Kyle. Also, I feel like Kyle and Denise are going to fall in love because although Taylor barely knows Denise, he is very sweet and gentle to her. Everyone thinks that Kyle probably got out of the car, and ran to the nearby swamp. This book is a real page turner because I'm dying to know where Kyle is. Not only that, but I can't wait to see what happens with Taylor and Denise. I'm super satisfied with my book choice because I'm really into romance novels, but the suspense that is twisted in makes it even better to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job. We are picking up the pace this quarter and working on choosing an opinionated topic and focusing on it all the way through!

      Delete
  22. I am reading I am Number Four written by Pittacus Lore. Henri, John’s guardian, has gone to the address provided by the sketchy alien conspiracy magazine from Sam. Before he left, he called the phone number, and when he asked about the follow up on the Mogadorian article, he was told to never call again. John and Henri think somebody got to them before they could write the next one. In search for answers, Henri went to the address provided, and promised to be back at 1:00, in time to eat Thanksgiving dinner at Sarah’s house. He hadn’t returned, and it was already 5pm. I wonder what he has found, if he is alive, and what the other people know. Another topic I want to bring a little attention to is the fact that Bernie Kosar, John’s dog, goes into the woods every morning beyond John’s sight. Also, when they were on a morning jog, Bernie Kosar cut through the woods and beat John by ten feet to their stopping point. I think something is suspicious about Bernie visiting the woods so often. I am thoroughly enjoying this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking for a topic, focus throughout, and a conclusion!

      Delete
  23. I'm reading The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. After Ares the god of war has tricked Percy into starting a war with the gods with the lightning bolt. Percy finds out that Ares tricked him and says to him to fight me. Ares summons a boar and Percy uses his dad's powers and uses the waves and engulfs it with water. This was cool because I was picturing a huge boar charging then a water wave crushing it. After that Percy fights Ares and ends up stabbing him in the foot and Percy wins. Ares turns into light and would instantly hit Percy and kill him. He looks away then back and Ares has fled. Percy won. This chapter was all talking about how Ares tricked him and Percy was getting back by beating him in a duel there for Ares has to stay away from him. I almost felt like the light of Ares was glazing onto me when the chapter had ended and Percy has won.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You chose a topic and stuck with it, which is good. Next time, let's have the topic be an opinion of yours rather than an occurrence in the book.

      Delete
  24. Curiosity. That is what Thomas feels in chapter 3 - 4 of "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner. The first time I noticed that he was wanting to know what was happening was when he went into the building where Ben was. There were some of the Gladers in the building and they wouldn't tell him what was wrong with Ben. They kept saying that no one is aloud to go up the stairs but, then they realized that he would get into trouble. So basically, they tricked him into getting into trouble. In chapter 4, he was curious about the doors, the runners, and the maze. He was very confused about how the doors move and why there are runners. the maze was the thing that confused him most, why were they in the middle of a maze?

    Clarissa Lawen
    "The Maze Runner"
    by James Dashner
    Chapter 3 and 4

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am continuing to analyse the book Double Sided by Raven Magwood so far I see that Kanneesha is now 14 years old, waking up and doing her personal hygiene like she would on a typical day. After she chats with her mom during breakfast, she's goes off to the school bus. In her bus aswell as her neighborhood she observed theres all african american and the other neighborhoods are whites alone. I know for a fact where this whole observation of Kaneesha's could lead to it's obvious she does dipict the big difference in her society and thats very good for her to figure things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your conclusion introduces your topic - you must introduce it at the beginning, too!

      Delete
  26. So far I am reading Saints at the River by Ron Rash. All kinds of people had issues with either people or something. Luke and Daddy were fighting and they would not stop. They would be talking about how they moved out, how bad Luke is, and about their bills. There came a new ranger, Walter Phillips, he had issues of how to recover the body from Tamassee River. This other man, Herb Kowalsky, did not want to do that. He wanted a Tamassee search and Rescue Squad instead. Apparently Ruth was the daughter of Pete. The only think he wanted to do was to take out the water and just find the body. That is what they will do.
    By,
    Anastasia Ehlers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good focus. Remember to restate it in your conclusion!

      Delete
  27. After reading chapters 13-15 of my book, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams, I have to admire the creativity of this author. As I mentioned last week, improbability is something that the author brings up a lot in this series, and now he has taken improbability to the extreme, having his characters land at The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, where people can watch the universe end as they eat their dinner. I know that there has been many improbabilities in this book, but this one takes to cake. The creativity of this author is really great, and I'd really like to read some more books by this author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good. Good topic, good organization. Pick a new topic next time!

      Delete
  28. I am reading Summer of my German Soldier by Bette Greene. Patty has been wanting to see Anton since the first time she saw him. She happened to be on a walk one day and saw him getting into a train. I think it is so sweet how Patty wants to see Anton so bad even though it could make her life miserable if people found out. Anton is a German soldier, and her father is very against Germans. Patty even took the time to sneak out of her house to give him some food. She is a committed friend; she is literally risking her life to make Anton have a comfortable life. They don’t even know each other well and yet she still shows lots of affection to him. She an extremely brave girl!
    By,
    Grace K. Ehlers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good observations. You should have made her bravery your topic!

      Delete
  29. I am reading Earth Awakens by Orson Scott Card and are currently up to chapter 3. Earth Awakens is a hard book to understand if you did not read the previous book because it picks up almost right where the last book ended and it has multiple narrators that it switches between. I have read the last book in recent times so I will explain to the best of my ability but it may end up sounding like mostly summary. In the beginning Bingwen, who one of the main characters of the last book Mazer Rackham saved, is under the protection of the MOP (Mobile operations police) and working for them to free solders who helped save the Chinese from the Formics (aliens who attacked the earth in china) for the Chinese who imprisoned them for interfering in Chinese affairs (mostly because the Chinese didn't want to seem weak because non-Chinese people saved them). Why must the Chinese imprison their saviors just to protect their already low image? I am sorry if this was too summarizing but this is a hard book to do a blog on without it being confusing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its okay. Try to pick one thing to focus on... like a character or an occurfence or something like that. Topic/Body/Conclusion.

      Delete
  30. The book that I am currently reading is called Paper Towns by John Green. After reading a few more chapters of this book, I learned more about Margo and how dauntless she can be. She asked Quentin to help her with a prank to get revenge on her friend Becca for hooking up with her boyfriend, Jase. Quentin, being the good guy that that he is, tries to stop Margo from doing this plan, and Margo and him eventually carried out the plan, which ended successfully. If I were ever in a situation like this, I'd probably be Quentin, telling Margo that it isn't a good idea and she should stop before she gets in trouble. On the other side, I like how daring she is, and that she isn't afraid to do these bizarre ideas for revenge. I'd love to see both Becca's and Jase's reactions the next day of school, and how it or if it would effect Margo and Quentin's relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Mrs. Watson,
    Once again, I have continued reading Three Graves Full by Jamie Mason. In the last snippet of the story that I have read, a lot is discovered in the mystery of who is buried in Jason Getty's backyard case. I would like to focus this weeks’ blog on Lyle, who is Detective Bayard's assistant. Lyle is a goofy character who is very young and foolish and kind of makes their job fun which is good because they are always investigating dead bodies all day. Although he likes to make his work easier by cutting up and joking with his peers, he is still a very successful and respective detective/investigator. He recently went on a search through Jason's house with Detective Bayard and they found an old purse that was covered in blood in the basement's walls. They got in contact with the realtor who told them all about the couple who previously lived in that house before Jason and so now they are pretty sure that the two bodies (out of the three buried in Jason's backyard) are the couple who previously lived in the house. The chapter ended with the detectives both noticing that the flower bed in the backyard looked slightly out of place and strange because all the other flowers and such were perfect, and so I'm guessing that they will find the body that Jason himself killed and buried.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am still reading The Mist by Stephen King, the book has started alright, its not really interesting me nearly as much as The Exorcist did, but then again it is still more interesting then the usual books I try to read. Anyway so far in the book our characters, David and his son have been trapped inside of a supermarket, because a thick mist has fallen over the supermarket, and within the mist are tons of creatures that will kill you if you step out into the mist. Right now the book isn't really going that far with anything, I'm hoping it gets more exciting as it goes on but for now its ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehhh, you have a topic and conclusion but they are always the same; whether you like the book or not. Lets try to get deeper. Focus on something specific.

      Delete
  33. I am now reading When It Happens by Susan Colasanti. In the first chapter it starts right away to the point sort of. There is these three girls that are like best friends and are talking about this guy name Dave that the main girl, Sara likes and her friends Maggie and Laila are saying that he likes her. It is basically near the end of the summer and their senior year is about to start. Dave came near the end of junior year I am guessing and asked for Sara's number but never called her so the girls Maggie and Laila are freaking out, how best friends do, about the guy going to ask her out soon in this HUGE way. They switched subjects and then asked each other questions because that is their way of bonding and learning more things about each other. At the end of this chapter they basically are focusing on their mini golf "tornament" thing and having fun. This book is seeming to be about friendship and romance, I think I will really enjoy it very much from what I know so far. Since it is considered a teen novel I really think this wil be a great book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am reading The Underdogs by Mike Lupica. Everyone who had seen Will Tyler play said the same thing ...he could fly on the football field. Nobody could tackle him he was making cuts left and right effortlessly making defenders miss. We learn a little bit that the town is falling apart a little bit. Going down the side line with nothing but the end zone in front Will steps into a pot hole at the five yard line and fell. His dad was a running back who had a career ending injury in high school. That sucks because he was a senior, he would have been great. The money could do nothing about the field because they didn't have the finances to pay for it. All they need is a little money.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Title: Terra Formars
    Authors: Sagusa Yu and Tachibana Kenichi
    Matthew F.
    10/24/14

    How would you feel if you had prepared 22 years for a mission that would only last about 100 something days and it is riding on the entire human race then everything hits the fan? Well that has happened due to the fact that the Annex ship had crashed landed, everyone got separated and then fought to get back together and then found out that one of teams had betrayed them. I wasn’t quite sure why they did again and will have to go read back on that part, but after everything they have gone through they find themselves having to fight their own when their main enemy should be the Terra Formars. I understand people have different views and motives but you shouldn’t let get in the way when you do not have the option to fail and the entire human race is depending on you. Though I guess that will never change, especially looking through history where people had done things that had changed the world completely to only complete their on motives. The question though is would you do the same to complete your own motives to possibly sacrifice everything and fail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely excellent. Good topic, good organization.

      Delete
  36. I am still reading "The Fault in our Stars" by John Green. I am on chapter 20 when Augustus dies, and Hazel isn't there to witness it. She gets a phone call in the middle of the night from his mother and knows immediately that it's over. Her parents are terrified and filled with grief and don't know how to make her feel better at all. Hazel calls Augustus's phone. She also goes onto his Facebook page, where she sees all these condolence posts about him. She's annoyed by all the people who said that he'd live forever in their hearts. She writes a post about how he died of the "universe's need to make and unmake all that is possible." No one responds. She goes into the living room to watch TV, and her parents try to make her feel better. This book is very inspirational and keeps me wondering what going ti happen next. This shows everyone that even with cancer, you can still live you life to the fullest you possibly can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You end with a topic; why didn't you state it in the beginning? It is a good one!

      Delete
  37. I have started a new book called Artemis Fowl. I want to focus on his intelligence and magic that he holds and how he uses it. Artemis is always two steps ahead like in the movie Now you see me Artemis knows his enemy before he ever gets in contact with them. He tricks them in such way to where it’s not persuading them into something he tricks them to where they can’t say no. Artemis doesn’t get nervous or worried even if he gets threatened for his life. He’s calm and talks easily even though he threatens others with no emotions of course starting only his criminal plans at 12 years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good William. You just missed the author.

      Delete
  38. Scorch Trials
    By: James Dashner
    The Scorch Trials is the second book to the series of the Maze Runner. As I began to read this book, I realized two things. One, being that Thomas could talk to Teresa even though they were in different rooms in the same compound. Two, that the reader gets flashbacks of Thomas and his mother as a baby in Thomas’ dream and three, being that Teresa is suddenly not okay. Then the group of Gladers wake up and see bloody men and women in the windows screaming at them, “I’m a Crank!Kill me!”. The Gladers eventually break the door handle to the locked door and stumble into the darkness. Once they find the lightswitch, they realized there were bodies hanging from the ceiling, dead bodies, the ones that had rescued the Gladers. The description at this point of the story is disgusting, but, more importantly, what are Cranks and what happened to the rescuers?

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am currently reading Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. Park decides to allow Eleanor to sit with him on the bus but for some strange reason, he's not okay with that. I guess everyone thinks she's some kind of weirdo or something. Anyway, later when the school day finally ended; Eleanor wasn't very happy to get back on the bus with the mean kids that made fun of her without even talking. I kind of think Eleanor is over-thinking everything but on the other hand; her outfit looked kind of childish. Park later finds out she’s in a lot of his classes and he’s upset about that.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Mocking Jay
    By: Suzanne Collins
    The book is very detailed especially with graphical images in my head. Catniss Everdeen is going from district to district and trying to help these poor people by giving them hope, which they are all very happy to see her because to them she is there leader and she is what started the rebellion. Everywhere she goes those there is always some type of bombing or some sort of fighting and it is very interesting. Also while Catniss is doing this I feel very sad for her because she has to see peter being tortured into saying that the capital is right and what she is doing is wrong. And the two are in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure your conclusion restates your topic!

      Delete
  41. Lord of the Flies
    William Golding
    The group of kids have been trying to get along a lot better than it has been going. There has been much commotion in who should be leader. Bryan was voted leader for the group and Jack was not. Jack wasn't very happy with this but then Bryan sent the other kids on an adventure around the island to find food and to find anything else that they saw. Bryan put Jack as leader to send him and the boys out through the island. I wonder how bad the arguing will get trough out the story.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am reading Where She Went by: Gayle forman
    It is the second book in the series and so far the only person i have herd from is Adam and all the stuff going on in his life. Im really curious to see where Mia is, the main character from the first book. Adam has not talked about her so i think they are not together anymore. Adam is on tour right now with his band and he seems really different and stressed from the first book. Im excited to read more so i can find out what happened to Mia and where shes at because she was in a coma in the last book and woke up at the very end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can tell what your topic is, but you don't state it again in the conclusion. Try to be more clear and restate it next time!

      Delete
  43. I am reading "The True Meaning of Smekday" by Adam Rex. I am enjoying this book a lot. It is very funny and it never ceases to surprise me. I am still curious as to how the Boov started and why they wanted to take over earth. Hopefully it states why in the end. I am also curious what happened to Gratuity's mom. I wonder if the took her to teach the Boov all of the languages she knew. I know that she spoke 3 languages so I assume that's why they took her. I do not want to put this book down. I am close to finishing and hope to finish soon.
    Drew Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choose a clear topic and be sure to conclude with that topic in mind!

      Delete
  44. I am currently reading The Mazerunner by James Dasher. This week, I am going to be focusing on Thomas’s memory. When Thomas arrived to the Glade, his memory was wiped. As the book goes on, he still can’t remember people or events from his past, but he begins to think that he’s been in the Glade before. I think that Thomas must have had past connections with the Glade. I think this because Thomas has a feeling that he needs to be a runner in the Maze. When the girl arrives in the Maze, Thomas doesn’t think he knows her, but he has a small doubt that he does. I think that Thomas must have been friends with or just known her before he was sent into the Glade. In conclusion, although his memory is still hazy, I think that his memory is going to start to come back to him so all of this will make sense.
    (158 words)

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am reading Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis. It is about a girl who thought that she was ordinarily but it turned out that she is a half lunar lupus a grey wolf. An exchange student moves in across her house. He turns out to be a prince of the Romania grey wolf pack who is searching for his mate. Jackie, the girl, thinks she crazy when she starts hearing voices in her head. Soon they get to talking and she finds out about every thing. When Fane tries to claim her it turns out another person has already claimed her which I don't know why when it is obvious that she is obviously Fanes mate. Fane and the other wolf fight to the death and Fane wins. This is happening all through out the book because I finished it in two days. The book is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  46. The book I am reading the book "The Lost Hero" the author of it is Rick Riordan. The story is about Greeks and Romans and thier children. When a Greek or Roman god or goddess has a kid with a mortal, the child is known as demi-god. The child has to be protected from monsters that will come and try to kill him, and since the kid is only half god, they are not immortal. There is a camp known as Camp Half-Blood for the children where they will be safe from the creatures that haunt them. In conclusion, the book is about half god half human children trying to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  47. (for October 24) – I am reading a book called Poseidon’s Arrow. It is written by Clive Cussler. So far he has introduced a lot of different characters and some different story lines. I am curious how they will all fit together. Some more new characters are introduced. Dirk Pitt works for NUMA (National Underwater and Marine Agency) and is on vacation with his wife in South America. Dirk loves the ocean and loves diving. I used to be afraid of water but now I love the ocean, too! Dirk dives for lobster while his wife Loren stays on the boat. While he is underwater, he hears a tapping sound that ends up being Loren trying to get his attention from the surface. He goes up and realizes a big cargo ship is about to run over their boat. Suddenly, he grabs Loren and pulls her into the water just before the ship smashes into their boat. After the boat passes, they come to the surface. Dirk sees that the ship is now headed straight for a cruise ship full of people! It looks like the cargo ship is going to crash into it! Dirk tells Loren to keep swimming, but he has to do something. He keeps trying to think of what he can do and then he gets a crazy idea and jumps into their damaged boat. He gets it as fast as he can and rams into the cargo ship’s rudder. The wreck causes the big cargo ship to turn just enough to keep from ramming into the cruise ship. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  48. In chapter eight of The city of Ember, Doon investigates the mysterious pipe way. He can usually get the work done fast. The pipe holds very unique bugs, but he accidently smushed one of them. But his work friends think he is crazy for collecting bugs. While he explores the dark tunnel, he finds a roped off section of the tunnel. Doon also sees a hatch above him which he is having trouble reaching. When Doon explores he finds writing on the wall, he finds out that it means fire. The citizens of Ember city don't usually bother with fire. Doon finds it very interesting that he found it in a really old book about the city. I think this chapter was exciting and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  49. This week I read the first chapter of mocking jay of the hunger games series by Suzanne Collins. It starts with Katniss who is the main character walking through the ruins of her district that was destroyed because of her. I think that it starts just like every other book witch is slow and usually boring. I have a feeling based on the other books that after the first couple of chapters it will start moving faster and get a lot more exciting. I hope that it will be good like the other book that Suzanne Collins has written.

    ReplyDelete